Flaeor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Flaeor
jpitt57488 wrote:To be fair, I suppose if you are out running or whatever and you cant carry around a cooler full of water this might work better. However, at football my son (and his hot sisters) far preferred a wet rag.

Did you just say your daughters are hot?

jenming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jenming

Can anyone chime on on whether this is the same material used for the super-absorbent swim towels? Are they more like a fibrous material, or a spongy one? I'm looking for swim towels, and if this is the same stuff...

Good Good Good is Azdak, and the measure that he metes.

kelly5316

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kelly5316

I'd like to know WHERE they are listed for $40.00 list price?!?!

cincyjeeprs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cincyjeeprs

If you use both towels at the same time, will it be 40 degrees cooler?
Regardless, I am in for two. It beats a cabbage leaf under my hat.

eqquantumcat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eqquantumcat

Two words, "Sham Wow"?

jmbunkin

quality posts: 27 Private Messages jmbunkin

I desire to be a cool person any way I can so I'm in for two! Two you say,that's overkill but alas you have never seen me.

sapphire49

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sapphire49
kelly5316 wrote:I'd like to know WHERE they are listed for $40.00 list price?!?!

I priced checked before I bought these last night. If you go to the RealXGear website and select cooling towels, Then the size (large), They're $20 each. So 2 of them would be $40.

bugmanjeff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bugmanjeff

Are these any different than a Sham Wow?

schorert

quality posts: 2 Private Messages schorert
dvaamco wrote:"Material Content: 100% PVC"
OK, PVC is what plastic plumbing pipes are made of. HOWEVER, check out the fashion statement you could make by stitching a few of these babies together: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/87/Men%27s_black_PVC_pants_01.jpg/450px-Men%27s_black_PVC_pants_01.jpg

They're not pvc, they're pva

lwang

quality posts: 30 Private Messages lwang

are these the same thing? $6/each for 2, $5/each for 10 or more. It being 33x13 in size, is much larger.

http://www.safetygirl.com/cooling-towel-safetygirl.html

rwdavis2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rwdavis2

Looks like a Sham-Wow

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch

Anyone out there have a Sham-Wow comment ?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

dpwellman wrote:As a really hoopy frood, one can never have too many towel types, proceeding one always knows where one's is.

i just thought this deserved to be on every page, so i'm quoting it.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

TJMaximus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages TJMaximus
billthegunowner wrote:"RealXGear Cooling Towel keeps you 20 degrees cooler than the outdoor ambient temperature."

Wouldn't that make your body temperature dangerously low?

Came to post this, leaving satisfied.

salanth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages salanth
buggsy2 wrote:Washington State is buying these?!

Yeah, Seattle's actually getting some heat this week. Temperatures in the 80s with plenty of sun.

blackhorseusa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blackhorseusa
lwang wrote:are these the same thing? $6/each for 2, $5/each for 10 or more. It being 33x13 in size, is much larger.

Looks like exactly the same thing, except pink. Can't tell off your link what the size is. Do you own one?

Jebuswankel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jebuswankel

I remember seeing this on TV. Here's what I remember seeing about it.

Pros:
Keeps you cool

Cons:
Constantly wants to get high

It works but I don't think it would have a good influence on kids.

lwang

blackhorseusa wrote:Looks like exactly the same thing, except pink. Can't tell off your link what the size is. Do you own one?

No, I chatted a rep and that's the size they told me. Also, the model number contains the text 80x34, which I presume is the size in cm.

shushine999

quality posts: 12 Private Messages shushine999
dpwellman wrote:As a really hoopy frood, one can never have too many towel types, proceeding one always knows where one's is.

GREATEST.
POST.
EVER.

Is one corner soaked in nutrients? And have the Vogons written any good poetry about these?

Maestro4000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Maestro4000
shushine999 wrote:And have the Vogons written any good poetry about these?

I don't think the Vogons write good poetry about anything.

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59
Maestro4000 wrote:I don't think the Vogons write good poetry about anything.

Eh, I've heard worse poetry on Earth.

drunkskunk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drunkskunk

I work grounds maintenance, so I'm out side in the sun all summer. I've used the gel-filled type before, and they got slimy, molded up, and were generally gross within a week. At this price, I'll give this a short. Worst case scenario, I'm out a few bucks. Best case - I'm cooler while running a garden tractor in 110 degree heat this summer.

kcoffeen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kcoffeen

I wonder how these handle salt water. I'd like to take a couple of these deep sea fishing in Mexico.

Ophelia

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Ophelia
lwang wrote:are these the same thing? $6/each for 2, $5/each for 10 or more. It being 33x13 in size, is much larger.

Thanks for this, taking my family (75% ladies) to florida this fall - pink will work just fine (my husband and father can deal with pink!)

lwang

gusvonpooch wrote:Anyone out there have a Sham-Wow comment ?

I threw a sham-wow around my neck and it didn't feel ice cool, but left on my neck, it is not warming up. Although I am just sitting around as opposed to raising my core temperature by exercising.

As to see if these are proprietary. Apparently, ordering similar product direct from source of manufacturer, their wholesale price is around 50 cents to $1 each.

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=cooling+towel

I wonder when are the knockoff brands going to come out with $2 versions.

teevoo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages teevoo

Just opened the box. First impression... poor quality control. One is torn at the corner, and the other has several small holes. Of course, this doesn't detract from the purpose, merely the appearance though it is still kind of annoying. I followed the directions and washed it then wore it around the house while cleaning. It does seem to keep cool though it was indoors since I wasn't in the mood to wander around outside at night.

lisa5364

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lisa5364

As a 49 yr old menopausal woman, these are like heaven!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH! I'm so much cooler now : )

11dobies07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 11dobies07

this is what I call A Shamie for your car lol. you got me< well you can wipe your face and dry or wash your car.

11dobies07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 11dobies07
gusvonpooch wrote:Anyone out there have a Sham-Wow comment ?