JLoose

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JLoose
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm sorry you had a proble with the delivery of your TV. We did have some issues with the LGs (actually a small percentage of those delivered) and we have worked with our vendors to improve packaging and delivery. Nothing is perfect but we will always work with you to make it right if the TV is damaged during delivery.

It wasn't so much the poor packaging as the fact that it took a crap after 6 months of light use. Just had to spend 250 to get it repaired.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bluemaple wrote:Thanks for the thoughtful response @TT.

Yah, I realize Woot doesn't refurb things itself.

But certainly your buyers know generally (or should know) what category of "non-new" they are buying. Otherwise why would Woot take a chance with its reputation - of an unknown product?

And you list some excellent additional rating categories that would be very helpful to potential Woot customers!

At a minimum, perhaps I don't know where to look, but a link in each "non-new" product to a "what is a Woot refurb" page would be really nice. You've already written the first draft (above)!

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh, again, not as easy as it sounds. You're assuming that the lots of TVs we purchase are one or the other. They may, in fact, be a mix of remorse returns and repair/check returns. We have no way of knowing.

Also, in some cases, we aren't at liberty to tell you more info by request of the manufacturer or vendor. For example, if a manufacturer is prepping to come out with a new unannounced model, they may use us to move remaining inventory. However, they don't want it listed as new because a) we are a liquidation site and this can cause speculation and b) they don't want to slow sales of remaining stock already on shelves in retail stores.

Like other retail places, we can tell you if it's new or refurbished. We won't have much more info on that on most sales. We have, on occasion though, been known to give some hints in a thread if the deal is more than it seems at first glance.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lemonflavor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lemonflavor
ThunderThighs wrote:Interesting idea but probably not feasible. A few things to note:

We don't refurbish any product ourselves.
The number of issues with damaged product is actually a very small percentage of any sale (low single digit percentage).
Customers with issues are more likely to post than those that are off enjoying their product.
We take every issue seriously and will work with you as best we can within our ability (e.g. availability of replacements, warranty, etc.).

Refurbs can take many forms:
Repaired & checked by third party company
Manufacturer refurbished (remember they can contract out to third party as well)
New but older model
Customer remorse return
Packaging change or correction
Overstock from other retailers

Again, we want your buying experience to be a good one and we will work with you to make that happen. Just bear with us when things don't go as well as planned.

Regarding bluemaples post, this would be good to know, if you know what the story is, which I'm guessing you often can't.

Oops, I see that's addressed above.

angryrooster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angryrooster
ThunderThighs wrote:
The number of issues with damaged product is actually a very small percentage of any sale (low single digit percentage).

If you consistently find that a "low single digit percentage" of products are damaged, the solution that springs to mind is holding back a "low single digit percentage" of that merchandise for exchanges.

I've personally run up against the "we can refund your money, but don't have any available for exchange" line when a product was not as advertised (only to see that same product come up a month later), and it looks like someone else in this thread did that dance with a TV.

I understand that you've got to consider storage of all these "extra" items, and I'm sure this is part of your policy already (which is where Besser or Curly come from, that, and the returns).

brianlang

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brianlang

Just to add to the mix. I have purchased a 47 and 65 inch Vizio had both worked as expected with no scratches, scuffs, or dead pixels.

ThunderThighs

Staff

angryrooster wrote:If you consistently find that a "low single digit percentage" of products are damaged, the solution that springs to mind is holding back a "low single digit percentage" of that merchandise for exchanges.

I've personally run up against the "we can refund your money, but don't have any available for exchange" line when a product was not as advertised (only to see that same product come up a month later), and it looks like someone else in this thread did that dance with a TV.

I understand that you've got to consider storage of all these "extra" items, and I'm sure this is part of your policy already (which is where Besser or Curly come from, that, and the returns).

We actually do that very thing with our vendors. Most large items are drop shipped directly from the vendor. We purchase X and sell a bit less than that to have some available for exchanges. Again, not a perfect world and sometimes we don't have them available.

And now, I'm off to my niece's baby shower. It's a boy and name will be Maverick. If that's not a good southern/Texas name, I don't know what is. (My other great-nephew is named Rhett.)

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jasondavies517

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasondavies517

A similar refurbished tv is on ebay daily deals for $319. For those who want something a little cheaper. :P

whalesaredope

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whalesaredope

currently using the refurbed 24" Vizio they had on sale last week as my computer monitor. works fantastic!

georgeksi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages georgeksi

I wouldn't buy a Refurbished Tv From Woot. when mines came in, it was Defective. Really disappointing. Then screen just flickered and then after five min it freezes. Woot costumer support told me to send it back, they got it on the 10th of this month. And now I'm waiting for my refund, they said it will take like 5-7 days. I Really hope I get a full refund like they said. Oh and mines was on a daily deal like 3 or 4 weeks ago. It was a 39 inch led vizo tv for $310 and some change. That 310 included the tax and shipping.

wootphonz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootphonz
marklikestv wrote:Has anyone else had a poor experience with TVs from Woot? I was really contemplating buying this one but J's comment has me reconsidering.

I bought two lower brand tv's from woot and the remote sensor in the TV didn't work. Getting in touch with woot to have them sent back was kind of a pain. Especially because at the time you could only contact them via email.

Other than that the family members I bought them for say they are still working fine. That was about a year and a half ago that I bought them. Btw the packing was fine. In fact I just bought my my the Sony they had on a here a few weeks ago for her birthday and it was package ok, as good as any other tv I bought from anywhere else.

pound30

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pound30

What a deal. I bought this TV at Sam's about a month ago for 488$ and love it. The colors are kind of dark which I like but obviously if I cared I am sure you can just adjust. I love the tv though. Good for the bedroom. I would worry a little about the 'refurb' part but as far as TV's go this one is pretty good. It's not my panasonic TC-50st50 but what is?

bluemaple

quality posts: 74 Private Messages bluemaple
ThunderThighs wrote:Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh, again, not as easy as it sounds. You're assuming that the lots of TVs we purchase are one or the other. They may, in fact, be a mix of remorse returns and repair/check returns. We have no way of knowing.

Also, in some cases, we aren't at liberty to tell you more info by request of the manufacturer or vendor. For example, if a manufacturer is prepping to come out with a new unannounced model, they may use us to move remaining inventory. However, they don't want it listed as new because a) we are a liquidation site and this can cause speculation and b) they don't want to slow sales of remaining stock already on shelves in retail stores.

Like other retail places, we can tell you if it's new or refurbished. We won't have much more info on that on most sales. We have, on occasion though, been known to give some hints in a thread if the deal is more than it seems at first glance.

@TT, excellent info. Makes sense. Thanks!

...and you've just written another great addendum to your first draft of what would be an excellent reference page to link to from these refurbs.

If you cannot be product-specific, them a generic description of scenarios like you did on a page linked from refurb products would be excellent.

As noted, any illuminating info like this on a reference page discourages non-helpful speculation in the comments with every refurb product sale.

Kinda like fixing the Square Trade price so it would display when Woot is viewed on tablets phablets, & phones would minimize questions.

ThunderThighs

Staff

bluemaple wrote:Kinda like fixing the Square Trade price so it would display when Woot is viewed on tablets phablets, & phones would minimize questions.

Yeah, that SqTr widget is done by them and we've asked them for a non-Flash version. So far, no luck.

urslf

quality posts: 4 Private Messages urslf

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE BRING IT AGAIN.
I MISSSSSSSED IT, NOOOOOO !

TABK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TABK

I bought this TV at Sam's also. it had a mysterious shut down problem, a loud screech and the TV went off. Returned it. Maybe this is my TV you bought, all refurbished.

JustMarci

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JustMarci

Five days later and it's still "awaiting shipping". C'mon - I need my instant gratification!

ThunderThighs

Staff

JustMarci wrote:Five days later and it's still "awaiting shipping". C'mon - I need my instant gratification!

Fourth business day. However, it looks like they shipped and we're just waiting on the tracking info:

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

JustMarci

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JustMarci

Thanks for the tip - I'll check it out.

blacknight595

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blacknight595

Got the shipping info today. It looks like it actually shipped on 5/14/13 from Anaheim, CA. I'm all the way in NY but it is supposed to make it to me tomorrow. Has anyone gotten theirs yet?

blacknight595

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blacknight595
blacknight595 wrote:Got the shipping info today. It looks like it actually shipped on 5/14/13 from Anaheim, CA. I'm all the way in NY but it is supposed to make it to me tomorrow. Has anyone gotten theirs yet?

I recieved the TV today. It looks great no problems I could see.

jnmfrank

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnmfrank

I am very pleased with this product and the service provided by the guys at Woot.com