gak0090

quality posts: 79 Private Messages gak0090
theguruguys wrote:I just had a grumpy stressful day today, and was happy at first when I thought it was like the X202e I had and was going to buy one then realized it was the Q200e in disguise, then got frustrated and took it out on woot comments ;)

Personally I'd pay $100 more and get the X202e-DH31T with the faster processor, Bluetooth, etc and also the full 1 year ASUS accidental protection plan (covers drops, spills) included.

No problem- all good fun. Why do people get so excited about the built in blue tooth thing though? I use one of these: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=855744&is=REG&Q=&A=details. This thing is $11, it's bluetooth 4.0, it barely sticks out. The worst thing I see about it is that it takes up one of your 3 USB ports- but if you are using a blue tooth mouse- I can't see why this would be much of an issue. Other than not using up a USB port, is there any other advantage to having on-board blue tooth?

kolio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kolio
gak0090 wrote:No problem- all good fun. Why do people get so excited about the built in blue tooth thing though? I use one of these: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=855744&is=REG&Q=&A=details. This thing is $11, it's bluetooth 4.0, it barely sticks out. The worst thing I see about it is that it takes up one of your 3 USB ports- but if you are using a blue tooth mouse- I can't see why this would be much of an issue. Other than not using up a USB port, is there any other advantage to having on-board blue tooth?

Does it (BLUETOOTH dongle) work w/a B/T headset,or,just input devices?

If it does indeed have audio support,then yes,I agree w/you,it's not a big deal @ all.

gak0090

kolio wrote:Does it (BLUETOOTH dongle) work w/a B/T headset,or,just input devices?

If it does indeed have audio support,then yes,I agree w/you,it's not a big deal @ all.

Sure it does. See the link I posted. It's a nice dongle - its small and its bluetooth 4.0 (which might even be more current than some built-ins) with backwards compatability. And it's only $11.

scotty2u

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scotty2u
theguruguys wrote:I stand corrected, will fix my post. It needs the smaller of the two (Samsungs are smaller), or you can take apart the case of the 9mm SSD drive and just stick it in that way (which is what I did).

will i take a bigger say 1tb 9mm hard drive?
thx

scotty2u

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scotty2u
scotty2u wrote:will i take a bigger say 1tb 9mm hard drive?
thx

One other important note is that this laptop requires a 7mm 2.5" hard drive / SSD rather than the more common 9.5mm 2.5" hard drive size.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
gak0090 wrote:No problem- all good fun. Why do people get so excited about the built in blue tooth thing though? I use one of these: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=855744&is=REG&Q=&A=details. This thing is $11, it's bluetooth 4.0, it barely sticks out. The worst thing I see about it is that it takes up one of your 3 USB ports- but if you are using a blue tooth mouse- I can't see why this would be much of an issue. Other than not using up a USB port, is there any other advantage to having on-board blue tooth?

I only use bluetooth on my Asus to send sound to external speakers. A dongle should work, but some of these cheaper dongles have horrible bluetooth stacks support so be careful.

I believe the processor on the DH31T is 25+% faster according to passmark benchmarks, this is the main reason I like it over the Q200e.

When people who ordered these get theirs please take a picture or post the model number on the sticker on the bottom of the case for future reference.

kolio

gak0090 wrote:Sure it does. See the link I posted. It's a nice dongle - its small and its bluetooth 4.0 (which might even be more current than some built-ins) with backwards compatability. And it's only $11.

THX!

I should've checked the link for function/compatibility,however,it's good to hear actual users experience/reviews.

Ordering one now,hopefully it'll arrive before the VIVOBOOK does.

tslattery

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tslattery

Just had the package handed to me. There is a 90 Day Refurb Warranty sticker that says X202E, but the actual Asus sticker says... Q200E.

alexthefifth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexthefifth
tslattery wrote:Just had the package handed to me. There is a 90 Day Refurb Warranty sticker that says X202E, but the actual Asus sticker says... Q200E.

Any chance you could post a pic of the packaging? How's the performance overall?

minhb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages minhb

I just got mine. It doesn't turn on and doesn't charge, I'm guessing it's dead...

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

minhb wrote:I just got mine. It doesn't turn on and doesn't charge, I'm guessing it's dead...

If you're experiencing issues with your purchase I recommend that you contact Asus Support as your Asus warranty is still valid.

If you contact them and are unable to find assistance, please feel free to email Woot Member Services at support@woot.com

exgore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages exgore

I just got mine. It does not charge. It came with a bit of charge. Since it does not charge, I can't turn it back on anymore.

exgore

minhb wrote:I just got mine. It doesn't turn on and doesn't charge, I'm guessing it's dead...

Did you find a solution for your issue?

exgore

exgore wrote:I just got mine. It does not charge. It came with a bit of charge. Since it does not charge, I can't turn it back on anymore.

ASUS support tells me to return the unit to you Woot guys for an exchange unit.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

exgore wrote:ASUS support tells me to return the unit to you Woot guys for an exchange unit.

If you haven't already, email Support@Woot.com so they can work with you directly.

be sure to include all your order details so we can assist quickly!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

drthomasho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drthomasho

So we didn't get such a good deal?

tslattery wrote:Just had the package handed to me. There is a 90 Day Refurb Warranty sticker that says X202E, but the actual Asus sticker says... Q200E.

ronksmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ronksmith

Mine showed up. Turned it on, set everything up, Then the touchscreen went competely bonkers. All updates, restarts, firmware updates blah blah blah, NOTHING. Returning it. Don't want another one.

nwmocha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nwmocha

Got mine today. As was mentioned, the refurb sticker says it is an X202E, the original label says it is a Q200E. It works good so far. Seems to be charging okay. The only included info was a single sheet quick start guide. It mentions an instructional PDF that is included to create recovery disks, as the recovery partition was wiped in the refurb. I could find no such PDF. Called the support number on the quick start guide and reached a live person quickly. I was told to use the "Windows 7 file recovery tool" (search for it in settings). I am happy with the purchase so far.

theguruguys

nwmocha wrote:Got mine today. As was mentioned, the refurb sticker says it is an X202E, the original label says it is a Q200E. It works good so far. Seems to be charging okay. The only included info was a single sheet quick start guide. It mentions an instructional PDF that is included to create recovery disks, as the recovery partition was wiped in the refurb. I could find no such PDF. Called the support number on the quick start guide and reached a live person quickly. I was told to use the "Windows 7 file recovery tool" (search for it in settings). I am happy with the purchase so far.

So Asus didn't bother making a 'sub' X202E number. This can make it very confusing, they should have just left the Q202e number on it so everyone could lookup the correct specifications.

Best Buy had the Q202e for $349 when they last carried it, making the woot! deal not as good as if it were the more popular X202e-DH31 with the newer faster processor, bluetooth, etc.

kolio

Got the VIVIBOOK & the BLUETOOTH 4.0 DONGLE you linked on the same day.

As you stated,the dongle works flawlessly (Got it from AMAZON).

Download these drivers that support BLUETOOTH on all W8 devices,whether or not if the PC has BLUETOOTH factory installed:

http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

As the drivers from IOGEAR apparently do not officially support W8.

Anyhoo,all is well,jammin' out w/tunes via BLUETOOTH as we speak.

THX GAK0090 for all your help,greatly appreciated.

gak0090

kolio wrote:Got the VIVIBOOK & the BLUETOOTH 4.0 DONGLE you linked on the same day.

As you stated,the dongle works flawlessly (Got it from AMAZON).

Download these drivers that support BLUETOOTH on all W8 devices,whether or not if the PC has BLUETOOTH factory installed:

http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

As the drivers from IOGEAR apparently do not officially support W8.

Anyhoo,all is well,jammin' out w/tunes via BLUETOOTH as we speak.

THX GAK0090 for all your help,greatly appreciated.

Glad it worked out!

katbrown1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katbrown1

Microsoft store has the brand new X202E Ivy Bridge processor (1.8 gHz), with bluetooth in black and pink for $399.

theguruguys

katbrown1 wrote:Microsoft store has the brand new X202E Ivy Bridge processor (1.8 gHz), with bluetooth in black and pink for $399.

Yup, so does MicroCenter. Thats why this was not a good deal. It better version has been sold for $399 many times in the past couple of months, and the one woot! sold was selling for $349. They also have the full one year warranty INCLUDING accidental protection to cover drops and spills at no extra cost.

zahgrim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zahgrim

I received mine yesterday and promptly checked out the BIOS. It does appear all the S, Q and X series use the same BIOS and the BIOS says it's an X202E. The original factory sticker says Q200E. The BIOS string doesn't list any model, but the motherboard S/N on the ad-hoc label shows up in the BIOS.

Everything was as advertised, except for one thing, and that is, it only came with Fast Ethernet, not Gigabit as the specifications identified.

So, it goes back.

magudaman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages magudaman
zahgrim wrote:I received mine yesterday and promptly checked out the BIOS. It does appear all the S, Q and X series use the same BIOS and the BIOS says it's an X202E. The original factory sticker says Q200E. The BIOS string doesn't list any model, but the motherboard S/N on the ad-hoc label shows up in the BIOS.

Everything was as advertised, except for one thing, and that is, it only came with Fast Ethernet, not Gigabit as the specifications identified.

So, it goes back.

Yah I just signed on here to find out about that too and make sure that is the case. Mine seems to only have the 10/100 Ethernet too, I'm bummed as was advertised as 10/100/1000

zahgrim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zahgrim

One caution: Now that I'm returning LappyQ200e due to the missing 1Gbps speed, I elected to follow ASUS' instructions for performing "Troubleshooting: How to Recover Your Notebook PC". After I pressed F9, it stopped with error 0x00000225 and a missing EFI file. Now the existing Windows 8 partition won't boot either.

drthomasho

How do I initiate the return process?

zahgrim wrote:I received mine yesterday and promptly checked out the BIOS. It does appear all the S, Q and X series use the same BIOS and the BIOS says it's an X202E. The original factory sticker says Q200E. The BIOS string doesn't list any model, but the motherboard S/N on the ad-hoc label shows up in the BIOS.

So, it goes back.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

drthomasho wrote:How do I initiate the return process?

If you feel you didn't get the item as advertised, please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

SALE UPDATE
We have updated the sale as follows:

Changed Ethernet from 10/100/1000 to 10/100

If you would like to return your product based on this change, email support@woot.com for assistance.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

drthomasho

What's the URL?

katbrown1 wrote:Microsoft store has the brand new X202E Ivy Bridge processor (1.8 gHz), with bluetooth in black and pink for $399.

pakopako

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pakopako
drthomasho wrote:What's the URL?

Think they meant the original page was updated to remove 10/100/1000: http://www.woot.com/offers/asus-11-6-touchscreen-core-i3-vivobook

Still love that strip for the description. Was it found online and the text changed, or did actual Woot staffers model for it?

drthomasho

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.257476600?mr:referralID=898ab863-d47d-11e2-a969-001b2166c2c0

drthomasho wrote:What's the URL?

bossman137

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bossman137

I contacted Asus support chat people...
http://www.asus.com/support/Contact-ASUS/

I had all sorts of problems that i spent a whole day trying to work through, touchscreen not registering, mouse freezing up and vibrating, blue frowny screen, and i've done NOTHING, no apps installed, just wishing for basic functionality. Anyways asus is saying to send it back to them... still debating what to do

ThunderThighs

Staff

bossman137 wrote:I contacted Asus support chat people...
http://www.asus.com/support/Contact-ASUS/

I had all sorts of problems that i spent a whole day trying to work through, touchscreen not registering, mouse freezing up and vibrating, blue frowny screen, and i've done NOTHING, no apps installed, just wishing for basic functionality. Anyways asus is saying to send it back to them... still debating what to do

Sorry for the problems. Feel free to email support@woot.com to see if they have other options for you.

FORUM MODERATOR