conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3340 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Solid reviews (4.o out of 5.0) over at amazon

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3340 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

"Good" review over at pcmag.com

bbreon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bbreon

Since it's not mentioned at the mothership or at 3m product page, I'll cite the 640x480 resolution mentioned in that (pcmag) review.

mmuyskens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmuyskens

O M G how sweet, I can't wait to get it home and... wait... who the hell has a 4 still?

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

Plex49

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Plex49

Just an FYI: I can't get the review video to play on an iPad. I don't think I found the same video, but this video gives a good enough review.

http://youtu.be/V3H0A73ulQ8

For the price, without having actually seen it in action, this looks pretty cool. I image projecting some Mickey Mouse onto the wall in a Resturant to keep my daughter quiet during dinner.

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009
mmuyskens wrote:O M G how sweet, I can't wait to get it home and... wait... who the hell has a 4 still?

Me.

Souka

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Souka
Plex49 wrote: I image projecting some Mickey Mouse onto the wall in a Resturant to keep my daughter quiet during dinner.

Or just hand the phone to her. Image will be brighter, clearer, and won't bother the other patrons.

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii

From Amazon reviews
The battery life was the most disappointing aspect. I was able to get 45 minutes at the brightest setting. Not enough to watch a movie or even a full TV episode. And since the battery is not removable, you can't just pop in a spare.

Also, the device gets very hot. Since the phone while playing a movie also gets hot, having the two devices sandwiched together may not be the best idea.

I will be sticking with my freestanding Pico projector with a removable battery and identical picture quality.

Even on the highest of the 3 brightness settings, the room has to be very dark (almost movie theater dark). The problem with projecting a larger image isn't the resolution, it's the brightness. In an office setting you would be limited to an image of about 15 inches with normal room lighting, so for that purpose, you might as well use your laptop. I have another Pico projector and this one has similar brightness and resolution.

The sleeve uses the device's speaker but redirects the sound through a channel. The sound is the same as from the device without the sleeve.

The three main problems I have with the projector are the docking method, the charging method, and the battery life.

The sleeve holds the iPhone only by the dock. It "slides" into the sleeve, but there is nothing to keep the phone from pivoting on the dock connector and breaking either the projector or the phone. This is a bad design. The projector sleeve is not a phone protector.

The only way to charge the projector is via a USB cable (supplied). The instructions suggest you use the iPhone USB wall charger (not supplied), but I used the USB port of my laptop instead. A dedicated wall charger would have been nice. Charging took around 3 hours. The sleeve can be set to charge the phone.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

This would be great for those times you want to show someone a photo. I am sick of these jerks who grab my phone and start flipping through my photos. "Hey JERK! I am showing you ONE photo. Get out of my Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard!!". Wait...who said that?? :-o

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

zlasher

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zlasher

Boy its difficult...I really really want this item, but I just don't see any resell value in it down the road. I usually stick by my phones for a while, so I think I'll be keeping my iPhone 4 for at least another year or two, but after that, is that 85 bucks down the drain for this case?

robio

quality posts: 41 Private Messages robio
mmuyskens wrote:O M G how sweet, I can't wait to get it home and... wait... who the hell has a 4 still?

O M G, I can't believe I'm not as cool as you. If only I had nothing better to do with hundreds of dollars than buy a replacement for something that works perfectly well. But no, silly me, I buy new and different things, or put excess money into savings. And continue to use technology that's several months old. Good god, what's wrong with me?

norris2930

quality posts: 0 Private Messages norris2930

Native Resolution : 640x480 Pixels

http://www.projectorcentral.com/3M-Projector_Sleeve.htm

amosdudley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amosdudley
norris2930 wrote:Native Resolution : 640x480 Pixels

Dealbreaker. Why does the consumer market still need to spend 800+ dollars to get a projector with a resolution that's even remotely close to HD?

caprafan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages caprafan

I wonder if it would work with a 5 with the adapter?

furthea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages furthea
robio wrote:O M G, I can't believe I'm not as cool as you. If only I had nothing better to do with hundreds of dollars than buy a replacement for something that works perfectly well. But no, silly me, I buy new and different things, or put excess money into savings. And continue to use technology that's several months old. Good god, what's wrong with me?

You tell em, Robio! Heck my godmother had a 3 until her roommate of 14 years needed to replace his broken flip phone and she had an upgrade available so she gave him the 3 and got a 4. (Oh how horrid /s)

Woody1

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Woody1
Plex49 wrote: I image projecting some Mickey Mouse onto the wall in a Resturant to keep my daughter quiet during dinner.

Do that where I am eating diner and you can count on me going Elmer Fudd on you. Try being a parent and not a bystander otherwise it's Wabbit Season.

800+ woots! - Talk to the Square

greengolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greengolf
CharlesP2009 wrote:Me.

and my 4 moves.
(it is not still)

eilonwyofllyr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages eilonwyofllyr

WOW! I love this! I could take video and show it INSTANTLY in my class! No telling kids, "Hold on. I just need to put the video on my computer....STOP THAT....darn my laptop just froze, even Goodwill wouldn't take this old piece of....HEY DON'T TOUCH THAT....it's almost done...(I wonder if this is available for Android?)

A person in CT

Shaw11946

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Shaw11946

100 minutes? Awesome--I could watch 3/4 of a movie! Who cares what Rosebud is!

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422
eilonwyofllyr wrote:WOW! I love this! I could take video and show it INSTANTLY in my class! No telling kids, "Hold on. I just need to put the video on my computer....STOP THAT....darn my laptop just froze, even Goodwill wouldn't take this old piece of....HEY DON'T TOUCH THAT....it's almost done...(I wonder if this is available for Android?)

Without sounding overly smug, I hope your classroon is very small, can be darkened as much as a movie theatre and the students can be quiet enough to hear the sound coming from your i-Phone speakers. Also, there's a device for the Android called a HDMI cable. Just plug that into the classroom TV or overhead projector. Just sayin'...

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

saidad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saidad

People that are content with good enough and don't need to line corporate America's greed for money by "needing" the "latest", which only lines some rich executives pocket as they fly on their personal jets to luxurious destinations eating fine cuisine while YOU are playing on your latest gadget.

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller

I hope alot of people buy this thing because it would be kinda fun to find one at a garage sale for two dollars. The problem by then is I will have the iphone 5. Darn.

jkeenan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jkeenan

I think I'm going to take the plunge and hope it works ok for camping. I think inside a dark pop-up it would be fine. It's got better specs then the Brookstone one and you can get two for their price. :-)

I have a 5, but I kept my old 4s, so now it will be a dedicated projector and not just sit and collect dust as a backup phone. AND it works with a touch :P \/

colinchout

quality posts: 2 Private Messages colinchout

The 5s is almost at the door . Who would want to spend 80 bucks to protect a 4 /4s ?

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57
Woody1 wrote:Do that where I am eating diner and you can count on me going Elmer Fudd on you. Try being a parent and not a bystander otherwise it's Wabbit Season.

I love all the toughs who chimed in on one person's tongue-in-cheek comment because their make-believe dinner was "ruined" by a make-believe slide show...maybe the make-believe maitre d can move you to another make-believe table...

jmaybe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmaybe
Souka wrote:Or just hand the phone to her. Image will be brighter, clearer, and won't bother the other patrons.

Beat me to it...

dopalgangr

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dopalgangr

Lots of Trolls out this morning....

rcspang

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rcspang
Woody1 wrote:Do that where I am eating diner and you can count on me going Elmer Fudd on you. Try being a parent and not a bystander otherwise it's Wabbit Season.

Amen!

samgrace0614

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samgrace0614

for $85, what do you think, critics?!

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller

I admit, I am morbidly curious how many of these things Woot has available and how many they will actually unload. I have to believe that someone, if not a group, made the decision that if they offered it for 24 hours they would make money. It may not be the most unusual item offered it sure is up there in "ridiculous" factor! Then again, it's stuff like this makes me check what is on this site most days of the week!

macnext

quality posts: 0 Private Messages macnext

Too late - you sound overly smug.

Ringo4422 wrote:Without sounding overly smug, I hope your classroon is very small, can be darkened as much as a movie theatre and the students can be quiet enough to hear the sound coming from your i-Phone speakers. Also, there's a device for the Android called a HDMI cable. Just plug that into the classroom TV or overhead prohector. Just sayin'...

saleemyas3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saleemyas3
zlasher wrote:Boy its difficult...I really really want this item, but I just don't see any resell value in it down the road. I usually stick by my phones for a while, so I think I'll be keeping my iPhone 4 for at least another year or two, but after that, is that 85 bucks down the drain for this case?

I imagine the projector feature will work with the iPhone 5 (with an adapter), but the case feature will likely be useless.

My items bought from woot so far:
Perfect Pullup 2/25/10
Sylvania 3-in-1 Earphones Kit - Two Pack 8/20/10
Two random Woot Shirts - 3/28/11

monkeyboyone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyboyone
caprafan wrote:I wonder if it would work with a 5 with the adapter?

The Lightning to 30 pin adapters currently available do not support video out.

tradergeorge

quality posts: 12 Private Messages tradergeorge

Does anyone know if this will work with an iPod Touch or Nano? I am sorry if this was answered and I missed it...Thx...

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 882001

I can't seem to figure out where this would come in handy. I just AirPlay video to my tv thru Apple TV.

tradergeorge

quality posts: 12 Private Messages tradergeorge
882001 wrote:I can't seem to figure out where this would come in handy. I just AirPlay video to my tv thru Apple TV.

The only possible benefit I can see would be while camping, on the road or something similar...

TomNibs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TomNibs

Since when are "Sleek and portable,
Easy to use" considered specs and resolution and lumens are not?!