oweezy9

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oweezy9

These are great shirts, they do one of the best jobs of staying cool. I just bought one for 39.99 at Academy in Texas. It appears to be the same design shirt, so I would say this is a good deal.

They run a bit large. I am usually a medium or large, tending mostly towards larges, and the medium is more than big enough.

I'm in for Tres.

DigMe

quality posts: 23 Private Messages DigMe

I have bought the cheapo generic versions of these polyester shirts before and one thing I've found is that I don't even want to wear my cheap one anymore because when I come in from outside I always seem to have that slight "been-outside-body-odorish" smell. When I wear my Columbia Omnifreeze polo I do not have that issue. They also don't feel as comfy.

The polyester shirts are definitely NOT all made equal. I believe it's not just the materials but it's also the weave and other factors as well.

The Omnifreeze is THE BEST polo I've ever worn for hot weather - it feels like wearing little air-conditioners. Does anyone have any experience with both Columbia Omnifreeze and Climalite that can compare them?

zenisu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zenisu

Really woot? 8am and you're mostly sold out of large and XL sizes already? The remaining colors are hideous!

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57
leon3357 wrote:http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/adidas-performance-basic-climacool-mens-polo.html#

$14.99
http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/adidas-climalite-mens-athletic-polo-adida14.html

$19.99

Leon, maybe you also should point out that the link to the $14.99 shirts is for different shirts with that garish logo on the chest, which a lot of folks (myself included) don't want...or that the more expensive comparison is much more limited in colors...

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
Scooley01 wrote:$50 over at Amazon...definitely a good price here.

And while they may have dry-fit polos at Costco, they probably aren't Adidas.

http://www.amazon.com/Adidas-Climalite-Two-Color-Stripe-University/dp/B007LOSYXS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1370239381&sr=8-5&keywords=adidas+climalite+polo+shirt

Price varies by color and size selection at Amazon. Large size,red color is $30.

madhat1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madhat1
Hovencloof wrote:NO POCKETS!

I have a dozen shirts that women have give me that I never wear. They have no pockets.

Go to any thrift store: 98% of the polo shirts like this will have NO POCKETS. Why? Because men WEAR the ones with pockets and give the rest to thrift shops.

Who cares whether it has Adidas' name on it. It could have a dozen Adidas logos and three Nike swooshes and a man who needs a pocket will never wear it!

Best to have a pocket and not need it, than need a pocket and not have it.

That's what pants are for! It doesn't look as sleek, and a shirt isn't sturdy enough to really put much in the pocket anyway.

GreenAccord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GreenAccord
zenisu wrote:Really woot? 8am and you're mostly sold out of large and XL sizes already? The remaining colors are hideous!

One of the best feelings any wooter can have is getting in early on a (in this case, potential) SOLD OUT deal. Thanks for bolstering that sensation ever so much.

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 40 Private Messages Pufferfishy

Based on the sizing chart I think I have my answer - but are these in any way "athletically tapered"? Or are they cut like a garbage bag for the typical dumpy 'Murhican physique?

And I wouldn't put a lot of faith in the accuracy of the colors on the provided images - they are once again single photos that have been re-skinned with a transparent color. Woot! - this is totally l a m e. Are you getting spread that thin that you can't even take actual photos of the products anymore??? It was bad enough when you dropped the quality of the photos to stock art - now were merely getting "artists renderings".

You've been put on posting probation for this post

lola4028

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lola4028

It's surprising how few warmer weather women's tops have collars. I never noticed until I took up golf this spring. I've also discovered the joy of golf shirts. The hotter it gets, the more you're glad you have one on. Too bad they're only in men's sizes. I find men's shirts too boxy. Otherwise, I'd be in for a few.

gak0090

quality posts: 83 Private Messages gak0090

I found the inspiration for the shirt colors:

vagel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vagel

I have a dozen shirts that women have give me that I never wear. They have no pockets.

Go to any thrift store: 98% of the polo shirts like this will have NO POCKETS. Why? Because men WEAR the ones with pockets and give the rest to thrift shops.

Who cares whether it has Adidas' name on it. It could have a dozen Adidas logos and three Nike swooshes and a man who needs a pocket will never wear it!

Most people aren't engineers and thus don't need to carry pens, slide rules and pocket protectors around.

I donate all gifted polos with pockets - thus why the thrift stores have them.

gak0090

vagel wrote:Most people aren't engineers and thus don't need to carry pens, slide rules and pocket protectors around.

As demonstrated in the photo above, some people clearly have no need for pockets.

ashfamily

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ashfamily
Evolution2001 wrote:I'm curious...(and just waking up)... The shirts are 100% polyester. That being the case, does it matter much if it says Adidas or Kirkland or Jambowazi? Are the seams triple-stitched or something on the Adidas to make it a more durable shirt or is it simply brand marketing that you're paying for?

I've been looking for official Jambowazi shirts. Thank God Woot has finally begun selling products we actually want and need!

Oh wise Woot owl ... How many licks DOES it take to get to the center? The world may never know.

Jesterstone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jesterstone

It pays to have twitter I just scored the secret hidden Besser or Curly suckas

edmcguirk

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edmcguirk
vagel wrote:Most people aren't engineers and thus don't need to carry pens, slide rules and pocket protectors around.

I imagine if the day ever comes that you need reading glasses, a shirt pocket might be a nice place to stash them when you are not reading.

I never thought about the fabric of a polo shirt supporting a pocket but then I don't wear T-shirts with pockets either.

dwilkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwilkins
geoffreysteinman wrote:I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERLOVING SNAKES IN THESE FUNKY COLORED POLOS!

Snakes on a Plane!

bradcarlson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradcarlson

Agreed - and hence the reason I'm not buying these. I did the Callaway deal a while back and, due to Woots non-return policy, my overweight friend got himself a free medium polo shirt after it fit me like a circus tent. No more shirts from woot for me.

Pufferfishy wrote:Based on the sizing chart I think I have my answer - but are these in any way "athletically tapered"? Or are they cut like a garbage bag for the typical dumpy 'Murhican physique?

And I wouldn't put a lot of faith in the accuracy of the colors on the provided images - they are once again single photos that have been re-skinned with a transparent color. Woot! - this is totally l a m e. Are you getting spread that thin that you can't even take actual photos of the products anymore??? It was bad enough when you dropped the quality of the photos to stock art - now were merely getting "artists renderings".

firehazard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firehazard

Here's another complaint about the colors. Woot, don't you know that us brown/hazel eyed and brown haired folk don't do well with spring/summer colors? We need our fall colors or we look like complete Curlys.

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57
gak0090 wrote:I found the inspiration for the shirt colors:

Hey, Woot -- track down where the guy got those red pants. I'd be in for two!!

gak0090

bruce57 wrote:Hey, Woot -- track down where the guy got those red pants. I'd be in for two!!

I don't think they come with pockets... is that a problem? I guess as long as you're not an engineer carrying a slide-rule around, you should be good.

rmyrvold

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmyrvold

I agree with you 100% I never buy a shirt unless it has a pocket/s. I think the real reason you see so many pocket-less shirts, is because they are cheaper to make and that is the only reason. Pockets are for glasses, pens, phones, etc. Without shirt pockets you have to settle for pants pockets, sit down and break it! Give us pockets!!!

mphillipswoot

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mphillipswoot
parker1961 wrote:Would like to know where they were made. Have had very poor luck with clothing from CHINA.

These are made in Indonesia and Vietnam

nuggy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nuggy
mphillipswoot wrote:These are made in Indonesia and Vietnam

Exactly....

Just because it says Adidas on it.....$21.99.....and that is just the collar and/or sleeve.....

The best deal on "decent" polo shirts is at Kohls for Crate and Barrow....I think that is the brand....Or at least close.....$9.99....and if you can find coupons....20 or 30% off with free ship.....

I would not touch these with "your" money.....

My opinion.....

PS....100% cotton.....

hotrod4x5

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hotrod4x5

Cotton is NOT a good choice for outdoor activity shirts.

nuggy wrote:Exactly....

Just because it says Adidas on it.....$21.99.....and that is just the collar and/or sleeve.....

The best deal on "decent" polo shirts is at Kohls for Crate and Barrow....I think that is the brand....Or at least close.....$9.99....and if you can find coupons....20 or 30% off with free ship.....

I would not touch these with "your" money.....

My opinion.....

PS....100% cotton.....

GreenAccord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GreenAccord

Shirts arrived yesterday. Gotta say, the pin-striped shirts are among the nicest shirts I've ever purchased, and I have Nike Dri-Fits, Ashworths, Adidas Clima-cools and Fila and more. (All of these I've mentioned are moisture wicking, performance golf shirts)

These are NOT cotton shirts.

I ordered two striped shorts and one solid. The striped shirts are a smoother fabric (I believe they're a 85/15 poly/lycra blend) and I prefer them to the (very lightly) textured solid. Additionally, the striped shirts original performance and care tags had a retail price of $50 while the solid's tag indicated it was sold at $45.

Here's the skinny: If these come up again as a daily deal or in a wootoff, I'm probably in for more of the striped ones.

SinnFein

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SinnFein
GreenAccord wrote:Shirts arrived yesterday. Gotta say, the pin-striped shirts are among the nicest shirts I've ever purchased, and I have Nike Dri-Fits, Ashworths, Adidas Clima-cools and Fila and more. (All of these I've mentioned are moisture wicking, performance golf shirts)

I ordered two striped shorts and one solid. The striped shirts are a smoother fabric (I believe they're a 85/15 poly/lycra blend) and I prefer them to the (very lightly) textured solid. Additionally, the striped shirts original performance and care tags had a retail price of $50 while the solid's tag indicated it was sold at $45.

Here's the skinny: If these come up again as a daily deal or in a wootoff, I'm probably in for more of the striped ones.

I agree, I bought two of the striped and one solid and the striped are nicer. I'd definitely get more of them.

kwstillson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwstillson
GreenAccord wrote:Shirts arrived yesterday. Gotta say, the pin-striped shirts are among the nicest shirts I've ever purchased, and I have Nike Dri-Fits, Ashworths, Adidas Clima-cools and Fila and more. (All of these I've mentioned are moisture wicking, performance golf shirts)

Heck I am still waiting for my tracking information to show movement...

gjmulhol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gjmulhol

Fits way bigger than expected.