psm321

quality posts: 20 Private Messages psm321
thegrandpappy wrote:You can upgrade an external box, but the software in these TVs will be abandoned.

Exactly. "smart tv" is a negative, not a selling point in my opinion. A TV should be for display, an external box can handle the constantly changing job of generating things to display (the reason OTA is an exception is because it rarely changes... netflix, on the other hand...).

theglassrat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theglassrat
bbkf wrote:That's because Hisense TVs are garbage the second they are built.

It wasn't like I was expecting a great TV - but both to not work at all, immediately out of the box like that?

cjsigns99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjsigns99
TsiAileron wrote:Any idea how these are shipping? I bought two 55" LG TVs off Woot a couple months ago and they shipped through SEKO. Terrible packing, both TVs with heavy damage... don't want a repeat of that disaster again.

Same happened to me. My tv has dark spots on the screen on the bottom left. I never bothered to return it after seeing the way it was originally shipped. It was a bad experience and I probably won't buy another TV from woot again.

cikatriz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cikatriz

I know that somewhere in these three pages of comments there has to be an argument about buying refurbished electronics. My two cents: I've bought more refurbished items (on Woot and elsewhere) than I can count and have never had any problems.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU
bluemaple wrote:@PemberDucky, agreed, but perhaps more like a cabbage vs. a grape since they're not both in the vegetable family.

Insignia is a private label sub-brand of Best Buy, just like Dynex. Since Best Buy might not be long for this world I would not hang my hat on their product tree... especially compared to a reputable brand like LG, aka Goldstar aka Lucky Goldstar.

In danger of going too far off topic, the Best Buy person (if I have the story correct) told me Insignia TV's are basically LG's leftover parts from the previous model year assembled into TV's for BestBuy. I'm not 100% sure it was LG, but I'm pretty sure. I needed a 19", so I bought an Insignia on sale and we'll see how it goes. LG has a decent reputation, but I don't have the time to post the link to PC magazine's reader survey.

hummersteph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hummersteph

Where do I purchase the warranty for the 47", I have added the item to my cart but do not see the warranty option?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

hummersteph wrote:Where do I purchase the warranty for the 47", I have added the item to my cart but do not see the warranty option?

We currently don't offer any extended warranty on today's sale.
The warranty coverage for today's offer is our 90 Day Woot Limited Warranty

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU
hummersteph wrote:Where do I purchase the warranty for the 47", I have added the item to my cart but do not see the warranty option?

Real quick, this might be an alternative, haven't had the time to check this entirely out:
http://www.squaretrade.com/tv-warranty

cjwonder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjwonder

I actually own this exact same TV in the 55" model. It's refurbished and I've had mine 8 months without a hitch. Great TV, brightness is nice, and completely washed out my Dad's Toshiba LCD when they were next to each other. He started messing around with his brightness settings because it bothered him...anyways yea, great TV and a great price. I paid $799 back in Oct 12'.

armoshrf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages armoshrf

I just called squaretrade to see if you can purchase a warranty through their website. They will not honor the warranty since you are purchasing a ST warranty for a refurbished item. They said they would honor the warranty if you had bought it through woot, but that option isn't available anymore.

bluemaple

quality posts: 76 Private Messages bluemaple
whatsamattaU wrote:In danger of going too far off topic, the Best Buy person (if I have the story correct) told me Insignia TV's are basically LG's leftover parts from the previous model year assembled into TV's for BestBuy. I'm not 100% sure it was LG, but I'm pretty sure. I needed a 19", so I bought an Insignia on sale and we'll see how it goes. LG has a decent reputation, but I don't have the time to post the link to PC magazine's reader survey.

@whatsamattaU, interesting - 'did not know that. If true, while it might improve confidence in the Insignia TV build quality, I suspect if you were to call LG for support after Best Buy has 'retired', they'd look at you kinda funny.

... so, staying on the South Korean theme, do you think Best Buy's Dynex stuff is made from last year's Samsung parts? ;-)

bluemaple

quality posts: 76 Private Messages bluemaple
whatsamattaU wrote:In danger of going too far off topic, the Best Buy person (if I have the story correct) told me Insignia TV's are basically LG's leftover parts from the previous model year assembled into TV's for BestBuy. I'm not 100% sure it was LG, but I'm pretty sure. I needed a 19", so I bought an Insignia on sale and we'll see how it goes. LG has a decent reputation, but I don't have the time to post the link to PC magazine's reader survey.

@whatsamattaU, BTW, do you think there might be a conspiracy building to prevent you from getting those 3 lonely quality posts to break into 4 digits?

'Rooting for you!

k2wananb

quality posts: 12 Private Messages k2wananb
mdee89 wrote:bought this same model (47") from woot last year. no complaints. works flawlessly and has a solid picture compared to my samsung led 46". very slim and sleek, but has a weak sound if you're not going to be using a sound system.

That's pretty much the case with any flat-panel TV. Not enough space to put decent speakers in. Some kinds of sound system is pretty much mandatory these days.

GodTheHamster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodTheHamster

Damaged in transit. not happy.

ROGETRAY

Staff

GodTheHamster wrote:Damaged in transit. not happy.

EWWWWWW! No es bueno.
Have you written into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com ?
They'll be more than happy to help remedy the situation.

bhiller05

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bhiller05

Wrote to cancel my order about 30 minutes after (it was past closing time though) because I didn't see the stuff about squaretrade and was told:

"In an effort to streamline our shipping process, orders are now processed to ship much faster. As a result, unfortunately, we are unable to alter or cancel your order. Please understand this does not necessarily mean your order has shipped but rather that it has reached the point in processing where it is unable to be cancelled[sic] or modified."

That was this morning and it still hasn't shipped, sucks I guess but "buyer beware" I suppose.

I'm wondering though how the guy a couple posts up already knows his was damaged in transit?

GodTheHamster wrote:Damaged in transit. not happy.

GodTheHamster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodTheHamster
ROGETRAY wrote:EWWWWWW! No es bueno.
Have you written into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com ?
They'll be more than happy to help remedy the situation.

yeah, ive emailed them, ive also called Fed Ex, LG, and Amazon.....we'll see what happens. I want a replacement TV but a refund would work too i suppose. really bugs me that i have a 47" TV sitting in a box in my living room with a ding in the screen that makes me feel really mad about the way it shipped. just the normal retail packaging.....a shipping box with thicker walls would have been a really good idea for a 400 dollar tv i would think. whatever it hit or hit it went right through the box into the screen. :\

lanewid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lanewid

So i ordered the 55", and still have not gotten any sort of shipment info. What gives?

3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

ROGETRAY

Staff

lanewid wrote:So i ordered the 55", and still have not gotten any sort of shipment info. What gives?

This sale was on June 5th. Usually standard shipping is 3-5 business days from the sale.

I would say that if you don't see any shipping updates by Tuesday to write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com

lanewid

ROGETRAY wrote:This sale was on June 5th. Usually standard shipping is 3-5 business days from the sale.

I would say that if you don't see any shipping updates by Tuesday to write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com

The only reason it really bothers me is that the $600 has already been sucked out of my bank account.

dae1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dae1
lanewid wrote:The only reason it really bothers me is that the $600 has already been sucked out of my bank account.

I, too, got the 55" tv. In the features section, the following statement was made:
The 55" will require a physical address and phone number to schedule a delivery appointment with the freight carrier

So I'm waiting on that call.

buttrawker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buttrawker

I haven't heard anything either. Has anyone received a call from the freight carrier?

ROGETRAY

Staff

buttrawker wrote:I haven't heard anything either. Has anyone received a call from the freight carrier?

dae1 wrote:I, too, got the 55" tv. In the features section, the following statement was made:
The 55" will require a physical address and phone number to schedule a delivery appointment with the freight carrier

Wednesday, June 12th should be one of the last business days before shipping.
I would recommend that if you don't notice any change to your shipping status (or receive a phone call) that you email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com
They'll answer ant questions or concerns you may have about your order.

lanewid

dae1 wrote:I, too, got the 55" tv. In the features section, the following statement was made:

I've been waiting and waiting, but of course, I've already been charged the $600. I've never been frustrated by woot....but it might happen.

People do make plans, and they do not revolve around waiting for someone to think about shipping.

Please woot - I was told if I hadn't heard from anyone by Tuesday (see above in comments) to contact you. So I'll do that.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lanewid wrote:I've been waiting and waiting, but of course, I've already been charged the $600. I've never been frustrated by woot....but it might happen.

People do make plans, and they do not revolve around waiting for someone to think about shipping.

Please woot - I was told if I hadn't heard from anyone by Tuesday (see above in comments) to contact you. So I'll do that.

Just a reminder that the sale indicated below the price that the item would ship in 3-5 business days. You ordered on 6/5 so the 5th business day would be Thursday, June 12. I think RogetRay (above) forgot and counted the day of the order.

I know you're impatient and we're used to lightning shipping these days but we ask for your patience.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bhiller05

ThunderThighs wrote:Just a reminder that the sale indicated below the price that the item would ship in 3-5 business days. You ordered on 6/5 so the 5th business day would be Thursday, June 12. I think RogetRay (above) forgot and counted the day of the order.

I know you're impatient and we're used to lightning shipping these days but we ask for your patience.

And yet they still couldn't cancel my order 30 minutes after it was placed because of super fast shipping times. (see my previous post)

I'm regretting doing business here more and more, at this point.

Edit: The TV came quickly (arrived the day I posted this) and in pretty good shape. I'm still not thrilled about not being able to cancel my order or not receiving a tracking number, but it seems like woot did everything it needed to to fulfill their side of the bargain.

lanewid

ThunderThighs wrote:Just a reminder that the sale indicated below the price that the item would ship in 3-5 business days. You ordered on 6/5 so the 5th business day would be Thursday, June 12. I think RogetRay (above) forgot and counted the day of the order.

I ordered Wednesday, June 5. 5 business days, if I DON'T count the day I bought, would be Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. So really, it should be Wednesday, right?

I just hate that I've already been charged, and a week later haven't gotten any communication about when it will ship.

Really makes me wonder if the tv will be everything it is supposed to be.

buttrawker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buttrawker

When ordering I assumed 3-5 business days for shipping would be how long it takes when leaving their warehouse. I work in a warehouse on the west coast and I know that if I ship something to the east coast it will take 5 days to get there. If they meant that it would be 3-5 days till it ships and then the shipping time on top of that, it should have been stated at the time of shipping. If we take more than 48 hours to ship at our warehouse we have failed at our jobs. We ship out hundreds of different items on each order, not a tv or two, this is very poor service so far. First time I have ever been disappointed with a woot purchase.

juji32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juji32

I got mine today but it still says "awaiting shipping" on the stuff you bought page, so maybe the rest of you will see yours soon.

dae1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dae1
juji32 wrote:I got mine today but it still says "awaiting shipping" on the stuff you bought page, so maybe the rest of you will see yours soon.

Is this for the 47 or 55? I don't think they'll be dropping off a tv while I'm not at home.

ctcady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctcady
ROGETRAY wrote:Wednesday, June 11th should be one of the last business days before shipping.
I would recommend that if you don't notice any change to your shipping status (or receive a phone call) that you email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com
They'll answer ant questions or concerns you may have about your order.

Today is Tuesday, June 11th according to my calendar. Tomorrow is Wednesday June 12th. What day should we email support about no shipping info?

ROGETRAY

Staff

ctcady wrote:Today is Tuesday, June 11th according to my calendar. Tomorrow is Wednesday June 12th. What day should we email support about no shipping info?

Correction. ThunderThighs is right in the above post. Thursday should be the last business day for shipping.
If you don't receive any updates by then, please email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com

juji32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juji32
dae1 wrote:Is this for the 47 or 55? I don't think they'll be dropping off a tv while I'm not at home.

47"

budz0016

quality posts: 0 Private Messages budz0016

Received a call today to schedule delivery tomorrow. It should be dropped off in the afternoon.

I was also worried about the delay but am happy to say the odd delivery status is due to the required call.

Keep your phones on and be sure to accept an unexpected number.

bhiller05

Mine came today too, never got a tracking number or anything so I was out. However, everything seems ship-shape; the TV was left safely in the back and looks pretty good.

kaisterbahn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaisterbahn

I bought this after the regular Woot was over but still up on sellout Woot. I made the purchase on Friday, will I not be receiving shipping updates until it's either here or the carrier calls me?

Thrice41

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thrice41

Received the 55" today. Appears in good shape, but I can't really say how the picture looks...it didn't come with an AC adapter, so I can't plug it in.

lanewid

Okay, so since today is Wednesday, and I have STILL not received any info regarding my 55" tv, let's do some math:

Day of purchase - Wednesday June 5.

Business day 1: Thursday
Business day 2: Friday
Business day 3: Monday
Business day 4: Tuesday
Business day 5: Wednesday

So, if I don't receive a call/email/tv today - then woot.com has not been truthful in their shipping times. I anxiously await the 3-5 day notification that my tv will be shipping.

Please get this right. I like you woot.com too much to get a little ticked at you.

lanewid

Thrice41 wrote:Received the 55" today. Appears in good shape, but I can't really say how the picture looks...it didn't come with an AC adapter, so I can't plug it in.

Oh great - that's exciting.

Question - did you ever get a call about your shipping, or did it just show up?

Thrice41

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thrice41
lanewid wrote:Oh great - that's exciting.

Question - did you ever get a call about your shipping, or did it just show up?

I got a call yesterday to set up the date.