WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Apple 32GB or 64GB iPad 3rd Gen

Speed to First Woot:
4m 46.662s
First Sucker:
khimrich
Last Wooter to Woot:
danlamagra
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 44% of Woot.com Woots
Top 30% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 22% of Woot.com Woots
Top 16% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 15% first woot
  • 8% second woot
  • 28% < 10 woots
  • 22% < 25 woots
  • 27% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 10% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 13% one year old
  • 75% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 100% bought 1

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

6%
4%
3%
2%
3%
5%
11%
17%
22%
22%
5%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


lichme


quality posts: 3116 Private Messages lichme

lichme


quality posts: 3116 Private Messages lichme

Item: Apple 32GB or 64GB iPad 3rd Gen
Price: $399.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Refurbished

Search Amazon Search Google

ronfronberg


quality posts: 5 Private Messages ronfronberg

Will Apple release New tablets next week?

bmrbill


quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

iPads, all the cool kids have 'em!

jrs1980


quality posts: 31 Private Messages jrs1980

Beats the refurb prices at the Apple Store, but if these aren't refurbed BY Apple, I don't know that I'd bite.

(Ha ha, see what I did there??)

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

crisss1205


quality posts: 5 Private Messages crisss1205
ronfronberg wrote:Will Apple release New tablets next week?



No, next week is a developers conference where they announce new software. New hardware like the iPhone, iPods, and the iPad should be later this year in early September when they usually have their hardware event.

(However, we may see new MacBooks and desktop upgrades next week, but no portables)

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jrs1980 wrote:Beats the refurb prices at the Apple Store, but if these aren't refurbed BY Apple, I don't know that I'd bite.

(Ha ha, see what I did there??)



http://instantrimshot.com/

jezuzfreek


quality posts: 11 Private Messages jezuzfreek
bmrbill wrote:iPads, all the cool kids have 'em!



Nah, just the kids that think it's cool to have one without caring that there are better alternatives out there.

realdeal1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages realdeal1

Thx. I love picking up refurb tablets on woot. You cant even tell they are refurb once you put them in a case/cover.

wisenekt


quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt
ROGETRAY wrote:http://instantrimshot.com/



So I am guessing that these are not refurbished by Apple then?

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3797 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Pretty good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) on the 32gb version over at target.com

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3797 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

cnet.com gave this an "outstanding" review

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

wisenekt wrote:So I am guessing that these are not refurbished by Apple then?



If it doesn't carry the 1 Year Apple like other offers had, then you can presume it's refurbished by a third-party company.

morriea


quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea
wisenekt wrote:So I am guessing that these are not refurbished by Apple then?



Refurbished by Apple gives a 1-year warranty, so no.


midori4


quality posts: 2 Private Messages midori4
crisss1205 wrote:No, next week is a developers conference where they announce new software. New hardware like the iPhone, iPods, and the iPad should be later this year in early September when they usually have their hardware event.

(However, we may see new MacBooks and desktop upgrades next week, but no portables)



Not true, the iPads and Macs usually get released in the spring and iphones and pods are in the fall.

Except one year where there was two new iPads in one year.

bmrbill


quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill
jezuzfreek wrote:Nah, just the kids that think it's cool to have one without caring that there are better alternatives out there.



I still love my Sony Tablet S that I bought right here from woot!

BArREASS


quality posts: 2 Private Messages BArREASS

I have a 3rd Gen iPad. I'm using it to write this post.

I waited to pick up an iPad until they installed a high res ("retina") screen like they put in the iPhone 4 over a year prior, and it was worth the wait.

Apple silently released the 4th Gen iPads late last year with a lightning connector instead of the old 30-pin and an updated processor. I haven't used one of those. I'm sure the current model is faster than these 3rd Gens, but I haven't found myself wanting a faster device. I do most of my computing -- web surfing, social networking, emailing, article-reading, "gaming," etc. -- on a 3rd Gen iPad and it has served me well.

That said, I am looking forward to the redesigned iPads in September :D

DaZoneRanger


quality posts: 45 Private Messages DaZoneRanger
midori4 wrote:Not true, the iPads and Macs usually get released in the spring and iphones and pods are in the fall.

Except one year where there was two new iPads in one year.



This is true, as I remember the iPad 2 that I am using right now was released on May 5.

gizmodocrazy


quality posts: 4 Private Messages gizmodocrazy
BArREASS wrote:I have a 3rd Gen iPad. I'm using it to write this post.

I waited to pick up an iPad until they installed a high res ("retina") screen like they put in the iPhone 4 over a year prior, and it was worth the wait.

Apple silently released the 4th Gen iPads late last year with a lightning connector instead of the old 30-pin and an updated processor. I haven't used one of those. I'm sure the current model is faster than these 3rd Gens, but I haven't found myself wanting a faster device. I do most of my computing -- web surfing, social networking, emailing, article-reading, "gaming," etc. -- on a 3rd Gen iPad and it has served me well.

That said, I am looking forward to the redesigned iPads in September :D



these have same processor as ipad 2. the ipad 4 is twice as fast.

save your $ and buy a mini.

Samus


quality posts: 20 Private Messages Samus
gizmodocrazy wrote:these have same processor as ipad 2. the ipad 4 is twice as fast.

save your $ and buy a mini.



That's only partially true. The iPad 4 has the A6, this has the A5X, the difference is negligible and mostly comes down to power savings (longer battery life) and not performance.

The iPad 3 is substantially better than an iPad 2, as it has the same retina display, amount of RAM, virtually same weight, 5MP rear camera (front facetime camera is low-res though) and software (iOS 6 w/ Siri) as the iPad 4.

The main ADVANTAGE the iPad 3 has is the legacy 30-pin connector (compatibility with more accessories) since the iPad 4 has that new thunderbolt connector, and the iPad 2 is truly outdated (512MB RAM pretty much guarantees it wont run iOS7)

traquy


quality posts: 53 Private Messages traquy
gizmodocrazy wrote:
save your $ and buy a mini.



That's great if you want the smaller screen, but I might buy 2 of the 32g here for a classroom/therapy setting. The small screens don't work for that. We have the 64g and it's fabulous. I like the bigger screen.

morriea


quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea
gizmodocrazy wrote:save your $ and buy a mini.



using that logic, save your money and buy an iPod.

jamesclaflin


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jamesclaflin

There is no denying that iOS is a nearly flawless operating system and the app store is hard to compete with. But i made my switch from iOS to android earlier this year because of the increasingly better and better google play store (and of course better price and better customization)and i can honestly say the only app for me that they didnt have was vine but it just got released into the google play store. The google play store is verrrry competitive to the app store now. I LOVE my android 10" tablet.
This right here is 400 bucks, refurbished, and at that not even refurbished by apple! You could do sooooo much better price wise if you're willing to try android.
But even then, personally even if they were the same price id still prefer an andriod. One thing that im now addicted to that will make it impossible to go back to iOS is expandle memory. Back in my iOS days, memory was anal and you had to be so careful about it! But now its so nice and casual. I threw in a 16 GB SD card that i got for 20 bucks and have all of my music and few videos on it, and it blends seamlessly with the OS. When i go into my music and gallery apps there is no differentiation between things on the sd card and not, its awesome. And then of course the amount of tinkering and custimization is a blast for anyone who likes that sort of thing.

That being said, if my mother came up to me and said, 'i want a tablet, what one should i get?' I wouldnt even think twice before saying iPad. So easy to use but sooo boring.

afwalton


quality posts: 9 Private Messages afwalton
Samus wrote: the iPad 2 is truly outdated (512MB RAM pretty much guarantees it wont run iOS7)



The Mini also has 512MB of RAM, and I would be surprised if Apple didn't provide even one full-integer upgrade for it. They've supported at least two for every generation of iPhone/Pad/Pod Touch. They might omit some features, as they have for the iPhone 3GS.

Lord John Whorfin


quality posts: 27 Private Messages Lord John Whorfin
Samus wrote:The iPad 3 is substantially better than an iPad 2, as it has the same retina display, amount of RAM, virtually same weight, 5MP rear camera (front facetime camera is low-res though) and software (iOS 6 w/ Siri) as the iPad 4.

The main ADVANTAGE the iPad 3 has is the legacy 30-pin connector (compatibility with more accessories) since the iPad 4 has that new Lightning connector, and the iPad 2 is truly outdated (512MB RAM pretty much guarantees it wont run iOS7)



Excellent summary. The iPad 3 is essentially the same as the iPad 4, just not quite as fast (but it's more than fast enough), shorter battery life (but it will still play videos for 7 hours straight) and the old-style 30 pin connector.
This is a very enticing price for an awesome tablet.

crisss1205


quality posts: 5 Private Messages crisss1205
midori4 wrote:Not true, the iPads and Macs usually get released in the spring and iphones and pods are in the fall.

Except one year where there was two new iPads in one year.



iPads were in the spring, but Spring is over and there are no new iPads. Reputable sources say it has been moved to September. And MacBook updates are in June. The most recent MacBook Pro 13" was released on June 11, 2012.

chgo


quality posts: 2 Private Messages chgo
jrs1980 wrote:Beats the refurb prices at the Apple Store, but if these aren't refurbed BY Apple, I don't know that I'd bite.

(Ha ha, see what I did there??)



Could be wormy

wharper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages wharper
traquy wrote:That's great if you want the smaller screen, but I might buy 2 of the 32g here for a classroom/therapy setting. The small screens don't work for that. We have the 64g and it's fabulous. I like the bigger screen.



Yes, for a specialty application, bigger is better.

The Mini (I have a wifi 64GB) is easier to carry, and much easier to hold and manipulate. The iPad, in comparison, is just too big for personal use.

Suggestion: Go to the nearest Apple store and hold and demo both. Odds are, most people will want the mini.

BUT... I recommend waiting (Famous Apple Buyer's lament) for the Retina Mini. My screen is OK, but the Retina is vastly superior.

wharper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages wharper
jamesclaflin wrote:There is no denying that iOS is a nearly flawless operating system and the app store is hard to compete with. But i made my switch from iOS to android earlier this year because of the increasingly better and better google play store (and of course better price and better customization)and i can honestly say the only app for me that they didnt have was vine but it just got released into the google play store. The google play store is verrrry competitive to the app store now. I LOVE my android 10" tablet.
This right here is 400 bucks, refurbished, and at that not even refurbished by apple! You could do sooooo much better price wise if you're willing to try android.
But even then, personally even if they were the same price id still prefer an andriod. One thing that im now addicted to that will make it impossible to go back to iOS is expandle memory. Back in my iOS days, memory was anal and you had to be so careful about it! But now its so nice and casual. I threw in a 16 GB SD card that i got for 20 bucks and have all of my music and few videos on it, and it blends seamlessly with the OS. When i go into my music and gallery apps there is no differentiation between things on the sd card and not, its awesome. And then of course the amount of tinkering and custimization is a blast for anyone who likes that sort of thing.

That being said, if my mother came up to me and said, 'i want a tablet, what one should i get?' I wouldnt even think twice before saying iPad. So easy to use but sooo boring.



I have both IOS and Android (I'm no FanBoy of either). Android is not-ready-for-primetime, IMO, mainly due to the varying standards in hardware.

Treat yourself and buy Apple.

wharper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages wharper

Woot "Features:

Retina Display

Is this, in fact, the Retina display being offered? The ad does not state anywhere else on the page, including Specs.

ChadInOKC


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChadInOKC
wharper wrote:Woot "Features:

Retina Display

Is this, in fact, the Retina display being offered? The ad does not state anywhere else on the page, including Specs.



On the features tab:
Retina Display
Improved Retina display provides 4 times more pixels and 44% greater color saturation than the iPad 2. Within the 9.7" LED, 2048 x 1536 pixels render text and images with extreme sharpness. The display also features a fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating for increased resolution during use.

Earl Wajdyk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Earl Wajdyk

I agree 100%! I've had a Lenovo 10.1 inch with Android for about a year now, and I love it! I simply cannot understand why people are willing to pay the outrageous prices for IPads. Is it ignorance, or :Prestige"? I spent $250.00, and it's like having another computer. I have a couple of 16mb memory cards that I fill with books, music, photos and movies, and am never bored for a minute when I travel.

Xntric

soulxside


quality posts: 1 Private Messages soulxside
Earl Wajdyk wrote:I agree 100%! I've had a Lenovo 10.1 inch with Android for about a year now, and I love it! I simply cannot understand why people are willing to pay the outrageous prices for IPads. Is it ignorance, or :Prestige"? I spent $250.00, and it's like having another computer. I have a couple of 16mb memory cards that I fill with books, music, photos and movies, and am never bored for a minute when I travel.



As frustrated as I am with the apple products I own, I've owned 4 android tablets and have concluded that android is Whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop!. I've had 2 asus tabs. A cheap one and an expensive as hell one... Neither were as good as the iPad my work gave me. I put android on an HP touchpad I got for 100 bucks. Improvement, but still Whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop!. The kindle is about the only decent thing, but we only use it for one or two tasks.

I dislike apple and have always thought people who worshipped them were Curlys, but there's nothing better out right now than this tablet. Nothing. I might have to buy this for the 30 pin and in case I leave my job.

nutrageous


quality posts: 3 Private Messages nutrageous
soulxside wrote:As frustrated as I am with the apple products I own, I've owned 4 android tablets and have concluded that android is Whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop!. I've had 2 asus tabs. A cheap one and an expensive as hell one... Neither were as good as the iPad my work gave me. I put android on an HP touchpad I got for 100 bucks. Improvement, but still Whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop!. The kindle is about the only decent thing, but we only use it for one or two tasks.

I dislike apple and have always thought people who worshipped them were Curlys, but there's nothing better out right now than this tablet. Nothing. I might have to buy this for the 30 pin and in case I leave my job.



I've had three Android tabs, up to ICS, including Cyanogenmodding the HP TouchPad, so I can't speak about the Jellybean Androids. I love the battery life on the iPad. I don't have to go to airplane mode to save power, turn off the telephone radio, it holds a charge for days and days. If I don't leave the Androids in the charger, they are always dead when I pick one up. The iPad might be down to 60 or 70%, still ready to go and instantly on.

I can do everything on the Android, including databases and language apps, but it feels like a workaround. Like Cyanogenmodding. "Gosh I'm clever for making this work" but I don't have to work to make the iPad work. It just does.

hopmedic


quality posts: 4 Private Messages hopmedic
Lord John Whorfin wrote:This is a very enticing price for an awesome tablet.


Wow. Not sure how this is an awesome tablet....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86JMcy5OqZA

radi0j0hn


quality posts: 98 Private Messages radi0j0hn
wharper wrote:I have both IOS and Android (I'm no FanBoy of either). Android is not-ready-for-primetime, IMO, mainly due to the varying standards in hardware.

Treat yourself and buy Apple.



Or buy a Samsung Galaxy and free yourself from iTunes.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

corvettejoe


quality posts: 26 Private Messages corvettejoe
gizmodocrazy wrote:

save your $ and buy a mini.



LONG time and big time android user/tinkerer/hacker here.

I switched to an iPhone5 on my last phone upgrade. I couldn't be happier. I then got rid of my big 10" tablet and got the iPad Mini. I love it WAY more than the other tablet (it was an Asus Transformer, so it was one of the best, and not some junk tablet).

I won't be going back to android anytime soon.

My mini goes almost everywhere with me, where as I RARELY took my 10" tablet anywhere.

That said, I wish they put the retina display in it like in this ipad3, but it's still a joy to read on (I do a TON of reading on the mini)

wickedme91


quality posts: 2 Private Messages wickedme91
Samus wrote:That's only partially true. The iPad 4 has the A6, this has the A5X, the difference is negligible and mostly comes down to power savings (longer battery life) and not performance.

The iPad 3 is substantially better than an iPad 2, as it has the same retina display, amount of RAM, virtually same weight, 5MP rear camera (front facetime camera is low-res though) and software (iOS 6 w/ Siri) as the iPad 4.

The main ADVANTAGE the iPad 3 has is the legacy 30-pin connector (compatibility with more accessories) since the iPad 4 has that new thunderbolt connector, and the iPad 2 is truly outdated (512MB RAM pretty much guarantees it wont run iOS7)



you must have not used an iPad 4 - its A6X is much faster than the A5X. I'm not saying A5X is slow, but you will find it difficult to go back. But this is just an ok deal. I picked up my 32GB 4th gen for $390 (open box at microcenter) and they still sell 16GB 4th gen open boxes for same price almost everyday.

Woody1


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Woody1

Working for a carrier which sells almost every tablet imaginable and being in IT, delivery MEAP and building API's; I can tell you my love of Apple and iTunes has never waivered - HATE THEM! Over-priced and too restrictive but that's what makes them good for the masses that have no business being able to do anything but point, touch and be a lemming. Glad Apple is dying on the vine and I will raise a toast to the eventual demise of apple. It may not happen in my generation but the Millennials are getting smarter as apples coolness is dropping like the integrity of IRS, NSA and the Whitehouse.

800+ woots! - Talk to the Square or don't