Roymus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Roymus

Tried to pay via PayPal and no joy...received a message saying PayPal is "temporarily" disabled. Is this really a temporary condition or is PayPal no longer accepted at Woot? Quick Google search says this PayPal issue has been going on a week at least...doesn't sound like a bug to me.

spartikus84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spartikus84

How does this compare to a nexus. The girlfriend is going back to school so this would be great for note taking, but the nexus looks like it has better specs for about everything else.

larssmith2003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larssmith2003

Total non-techie here. So my wife can or can't do all of her facebook stuff on here?

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 93 Private Messages radi0j0hn
wootbert wrote:Flash Suport Phased out by Google!

One thing to be aware of is the following:

Now that flash is being phased out of convention, you won’t be able to download flash from the Play Market.

That said, this was the whole reasoning in getting this tablet, to use it with facebook and some of their flash games.

I respectfully suggest you add IMHO. Not all of us are gamers.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

borntohunt

quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt

Hope this intro below shows folks what they can do with this tablet . . .

[GALAXY Note 10.1] Introducing Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1

SAMSUNGmobile

Published on Aug 6, 2012

Video Description:

GALAXY Note 10.1 is outfitted with the functionality and precision of a pen and paper on a 10.1-inch-large-display, providing endless possibilities to elevate a user's creativity and productivity.

Featuring an intuitive user experience and armed with superior hardware performance, GALAXY Note 10.1 is designed to simplify idea capturing, information access, and multi-tasking, making each easier and faster.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 93 Private Messages radi0j0hn
larssmith2003 wrote:Total non-techie here. So my wife can or can't do all of her facebook stuff on here?

Define "stuff." Games, updates, uploading photos for the NSA?

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

borntohunt

James Franco makes using this tablet to be more productive look easy . . .

[GALAXY Note 10.1] James Franco, the ultimate multitasker

SAMSUNGmobile

Published on Aug 19, 2012

Video Description:

James Franco, the ultimate multitasker, reveals how he's able to do so much with his time and how the GALAXY Note 10.1 helps him accomplish it all.

The Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 is outfitted with the functionality and precision of a pen and paper on a generous 10.1-inch display, providing endless possibilities to elevate a user's creativity and productivity.

Featuring an intuitive user experience and armed with superior hardware performance, the GALAXY Note 10.1 is designed to simplify idea capturing, information access, and multi-tasking, making each easier and faster.

borntohunt

This is a large User Guide below with 222 Pages & the PDF file is approx. 45 MB which may take you a while to download depending on the speed of your web connection.

Samsung N8013 Galaxy Note 10.1" Tablet User Manual

larssmith2003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larssmith2003
radi0j0hn wrote:Define "stuff." Games, updates, uploading photos for the NSA?

Uploading photos, games - words and drawing words. I thought I read one post that said the facebook games don't work?

Oh, and skyping the kids to watch the grandbabies poop their diapers.

she does all the NSA stuff on an encryted Razor.

akmiller100

quality posts: 1 Private Messages akmiller100

Will this work with Verizon 3g or 4g?

Thanks

borntohunt

akmiller100 wrote:Will this work with Verizon 3g or 4g?

Thanks

You need a different Samsung tablet model to use on the Verizon network.

Verizon has a CDMA network & I found a Model N8000 that works with GSM cellular networks like AT&T & T-Mobile, but it does work with Wi-Fi wireless networks.

Here's the specs for the GSM model found at the web link below:

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_10_1_n8000-4573.php

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000

Tablet with support for GSM voice communication, SMS, and MMS.

Also known as Samsung Galaxy Note N8000, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 3G & WiFi

GENERAL
2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
SIM Mini-SIM

UPDATE:

I just found a Model SCH-I925 for Verizon networks at the web link below:

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab/SCH-I925EAAVZW

Home > Galaxy Tab > Verizon Tabs > SCH-I925

Samsung Galaxy Note® 10.1 (Verizon 4G LTE)

OR also mentioned in the specs at the web link below:

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab/SCH-I925EAAVZW-specs

Network

Frequencies and Data Type
CDMA/PCS/1x, EVDO Rev A, LTE (Band 13) 800/1900/700MHz GPRS/EDGE/GSM 850/900/1800/1900 HSPA/UMTS 2100

Data Speed
1X/EVDO/eHRPD/Rev A/LTE/GPRS/EDGE/HSPA

Here's PC Magazine's announcement on the Verizon model below:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2416237,00.asp

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Heading to Verizon March 7 for $599

March 5, 2013 10:30am EST

Here's the Verizon model CNET review:

http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/samsung-galaxy-note-10/4505-3126_7-35636050.html

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (Verizon Wireless) reviews below:

Innovative features, if you're willing to pay

Review Date: 3/14/13

akmiller100

I appreciate your help and feedback. While I was waiting I called Verizon and they said it would work with their network. I came back to Woot to double check my question and then saw your response---UGH I hope I didn't get a green tech.- although she put me on hold and mentioned she spoke with senior tech and they looked at the woot site to verify- I'm calling back again to Verizon to make sure they know.

borntohunt wrote:You need a different Samsung tablet model to use on the Verizon network.

Verizon has a CDMA network & I found a Model N8000 that works with GSM cellular networks like AT&T & T-Mobile, but it does work with Wi-Fi wireless networks.

Here's the specs for the GSM model found at the web link below:

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_10_1_n8000-4573.php

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000

Tablet with support for GSM voice communication, SMS, and MMS.

Also known as Samsung Galaxy Note N8000, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 3G & WiFi

GENERAL
2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
SIM Mini-SIM

UPDATE:

I just found a Model SCH-I925 for Verizon networks at the web link below:

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab/SCH-I925EAAVZW

Home > Galaxy Tab > Verizon Tabs > SCH-I925

Samsung Galaxy Note® 10.1 (Verizon 4G LTE)

borntohunt

akmiller100 wrote:While I was waiting I called Verizon and they said it would work with their network. I cam back to Woot to double check my question and then saw your response---UGH I hope I didn't get a green tech.- although she put me on hold and mentioned she spoke with senior tech and they looked at the woot site to verify- I'm calling back again to Verizon to make sure they know.

So you can read up on more info about this other Verizon Samsung tablet model, here's the web search web link below:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Samsung+GALAXY+Note+10.1+for+Verizon&oq=Samsung+GALAXY+Note+10.1+for+Verizon&gs_l=serp.3..0j0i8.9713.9713.0.11422.1.1.0.0.0.0.37.37.1.1.0...0.0.0..1c.1.16.serp.OFDaKQjscGo

"Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 for Verizon"

gak0090

quality posts: 76 Private Messages gak0090
spartikus84 wrote:How does this compare to a nexus. The girlfriend is going back to school so this would be great for note taking, but the nexus looks like it has better specs for about everything else.

The Nexus does have better specs and makes for a better multimedia tablet. Having said that, for your girlfriends purposes (note taking...) the digitizer on the Galaxy note can't be beat. The galaxy note is a better office/school/productivity tablet. I would stick with the Note if the primary purpose of the tablet (or a significant portion of its use) is dedicated to note taking. On the multimedia side, the note is not horrible by any means- the resolution isn't as good as the Nexus, but not everything is able to exploit the enhanced resolution of the Nexus- so depending on the media/apps there may be little if any perceived difference.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1/228642-work-productivity-galaxy-note-10-1-nexus-10-a.html

akmiller100

I called back and after several delays they said it may not work. Usually their support is great, not today though. I was on the line when they "verified with a few senior techs" the first time I called and they said it would work with the $10 a month connection to the family plan

borntohunt wrote:So you can read up on more info about this other Verizon Samsung tablet model, here's the web search web link below:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Samsung+GALAXY+Note+10.1+for+Verizon&oq=Samsung+GALAXY+Note+10.1+for+Verizon&gs_l=serp.3..0j0i8.9713.9713.0.11422.1.1.0.0.0.0.37.37.1.1.0...0.0.0..1c.1.16.serp.OFDaKQjscGo

akmiller100

some of those look identical to the one woot has here today.

borntohunt wrote:So you can read up on more info about this other Verizon Samsung tablet model, here's the web search web link below:

fanplant

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fanplant
borntohunt wrote:That is NOT the same tablet. Micro Center's is the older refurbished Samsung GT-P5113-TS16AR Galaxy Tab 2 Tablet (Dual-core cpu, 1GB RAM) & Woot's is a way better newer refurbished Samsung GT-N8013 Galaxy Note (Quad-core cpu, 2GB RAM).

http://www.microcenter.com/product/408292/Galaxy_Tab_2_Tablet_Titanium_Silver_-_Refurbished

Woot's tablet is "no longer available" at Micro Center but still has a great long helpful but brief description of Woot's tablet product feature overview at the web link below (with a 4.7 out of 5 star high rating from 5 reviews):

http://www.microcenter.com/product/404294/Galaxy_Note_Wi-Fi_(GT-N8013EAYXAR)_-_Deep_Grey

Thanks, sorry I jumped the gun. Ever since amazon bought woot I've been on edge.
Sorry

csram

quality posts: 1 Private Messages csram

In for one. It will replace a Sony Tablet S that I got here on Woot. The Sony has been very buggy and slow. I like the idea of being able to multitask with more than one screen up.

yayobama

quality posts: 12 Private Messages yayobama

AWRIGHT already! You guys talked me into it, after 9 months of my lurking in the woot tablet events. I'm finally pulling the trigger here and getting my first (non kindle) e-reader. I guess it's a no-brainer for those of us to do loads of math-intensive presentations.

dmpower

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmpower
danbfas wrote:Oops, sorry. I think 32 is max for the card. Either way, buy 2!

I Added a 64 gb card to mine, no no problem

dmpower

larssmith2003 wrote:Uploading photos, games - words and drawing words. I thought I read one post that said the facebook games don't work?

Oh, and skyping the kids to watch the grandbabies poop their diapers.

she does all the NSA stuff on an encryted Razor.

I don't play games on facebook, but all the functions I use on my desktop with Facebook work fine for me. Some of the video links will complain about flash but I just open them in youtube without a problem. As for skype I use it all the time. The forward facing speakers and mic make it easy. I don't need to use any headsets, jut my tablet.

antolickdrum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antolickdrum

Ordered mine yesterday around noon. Still "awaiting shipping." All my other WOOTs were already on the way by now.

Any idea what's holding this up, peeps?
m

thardesty

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thardesty
antolickdrum wrote:Ordered mine yesterday around noon. Still "awaiting shipping." All my other WOOTs were already on the way by now.

m

Same here, but I didn't finally bite the bullet until about 45 min before the sale ended... I will wait til tomorrow at least to see if status changes to shipped.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

antolickdrum wrote:Ordered mine yesterday around noon. Still "awaiting shipping." All my other WOOTs were already on the way by now.

m

Standard shipping usually takes up to 5 business days from the sale (in most cases less than that)

If you don't see any shipping update activity by June 17th, then please email into Woot Member Service at support@woot.com

gosh7001

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gosh7001
ROGETRAY wrote:Standard shipping usually takes up to 5 business days from the sale (in most cases less than that)

If you don't see any shipping update activity by June 17th, then please email into Woot Member Service at support@woot.com

5 days to ship? Really? What happened to you Woot? I used to get my items relatively fast (3 days) but 5 before it even leaves the building? Something gotta change here folks because your real customers are going to start dropping like flies directly correlating to the decreasing amount of good service that used to be reflective of the Woot of Old. I have a feeling that this is because Woot is dealing with a 3rd party whereas in the past, they used to have their products in the warehouse before it went on the site.

fspless

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fspless
gosh7001 wrote:5 days to ship? Really? What happened to you Woot? I used to get my items relatively fast (3 days) but 5 before it even leaves the building? Something gotta change here folks because your real customers are going to start dropping like flies directly correlating to the decreasing amount of good service that used to be reflective of the Woot of Old. I have a feeling that this is because Woot is dealing with a 3rd party whereas in the past, they used to have their products in the warehouse before it went on the site.

I second that! My first Woot order was on 4/1 and I got the item on 4/4. Now this? On a $300 item? If a lack of consistent shipping is the new norm for Woot, this will probably be my last Woot!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

fspless wrote:I second that! My first Woot order was on 4/1 and I got the item on 4/4. Now this? On a $300 item? If a lack of consistent shipping is the new norm for Woot, this will probably be my last Woot!

On the sale's detail page, you'll see shipping information below the price. Here's today's Tech deal as an example:

You'll also see the estimated time to ship on your order page.

We use a variety of shipping methods and they have different shipping estimates.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

turkeytaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turkeytaker

I see the estimated shipping time but not an estimated time to ship. Are these bot included in the same number?

fspless

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fspless
ThunderThighs wrote:On the sale's detail page, you'll see shipping information below the price. Here's today's Tech deal as an example:

We use a variety of shipping methods and they have different shipping estimates.

Hmmm, and then "staff" insults my intelligence on top of everything else. Did they really think I didn't see that? Seems that the N.O. XPLODE 2.0 I bought in April had the same disclaimer, yet shipped the next day. Hence why I wrote "lack of consistent shipping." Jeez...

thardesty

ThunderThighs wrote:On the sale's detail page, you'll see shipping information below the price. Here's today's Tech deal as an example:

Sorry, I think I'm totally Hey, Moe!, where does it show estimated time to ship? Is it the 3-8 days for shipping? so does that mean it won't be shipped for 3-8 days or I should receive it in 3-8 days? This is my first woot so I'm not sure how it all works...

moojuiced

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moojuiced

From doing some research from past Woots on this particular product, I believe this is actually drop shipped, which is why it's taking longer.

ThunderThighs

Staff

thardesty wrote:Sorry, I think I'm totally Hey, Moe!, where does it show estimated time to ship? Is it the 3-8 days for shipping? so does that mean it won't be shipped for 3-8 days or I should receive it in 3-8 days? This is my first woot so I'm not sure how it all works...

No, you're just fine. When a sale is live, it will say In stock: Ships in XXX like I showed you above. That disappears when the sale expires so people don't think they can order. Unfortunately, but necessary. Generally, we ship in 1-2 days (Fulfillment by Amazon Warehouse - FBA) or 3-5 days (drop ship - this item).

So the sale said it was in stock and would ship in 3-5 days, meaning leave the warehouse.

The order you show says the shipping speed is 3-8 days meaning it will take 3 to 8 days to reach you once shipped depending on where you live.

And yeah, this is kinda confusing now that I've had to explain it.

Does that make sense though?

On the

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

moojuiced wrote:From doing some research from past Woots on this particular product, I believe this is actually drop shipped, which is why it's taking longer.

Exactly. You get a gold star!

furioso2112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages furioso2112

Mine switched to shipped at about 8 pm Weds 12th. Tracking info says it will arrive this Friday, 14th, to the DC area. It shipped from Irving, TX.

exillinimj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages exillinimj

Mine shipped from Carrollton, TX on 6/12 and will arrive today, 6/13 (granted I am in Houston). Pretty quick shipping in my opinion - thanks woot!

furioso2112 wrote:Mine switched to shipped at about 8 pm Weds 12th. Tracking info says it will arrive this Friday, 14th, to the DC area. It shipped from Irving, TX.

thardesty

furioso2112 wrote:Mine switched to shipped at about 8 pm Weds 12th. Tracking info says it will arrive this Friday, 14th, to the DC area. It shipped from Irving, TX.

Mine switched on Wednesday as well, but in the evening. Scheduled to get here (Utah) on Saturday, which was about the time I was thinking I was going to get it when I placed my order so thanks woot! Started off a little bumpy but in the end I'm getting it in the time frame I expected.

silence

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silence

For a 'deal' site, Woot is pretty quick with the shipping. I have come to expect that items purchased from deal sites usually ship much more slowly than orders through a regular retailer, mostly due to the sheer number of orders placed in such a short time. But, this is something I accept, in order to get the good prices. It's not like it took them a week to ship these. I think they were pretty quick about it, honestly!

dmpower

Mine arrived this morning. It seams to be in great condition. So far so good.
Thanks woot

climber117

quality posts: 1 Private Messages climber117

To those of you lucky folks who already got your tablets, did the package require a signature?

johnsondany

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnsondany

Im trying to make a right choice between this device and Samsung 11.6" 64GB Slate Tablet. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.