platinumwhites

quality posts: 3 Private Messages platinumwhites
starthorn wrote:It's worth remembering that just because they want to price their product at $170, that doesn't make it worth $170. Anyone can ask for any price they want for a product, but it is only worth what people are willing to pay.

If $170 was a reasonable market price for the product, it would likely be selling better and they wouldn't need to dump it. If people are only buying it at $15, that makes it worth $15.

Note: I'm not saying that this product is bad or not worth purchasing. Just be aware that it is a very common practice in most sales industries to set an artificially high "Suggested Retail Price" so that consumers will feel like they're getting a good deal when they see it available at a significant discount.

NOTE: Our products are sold everyday in Dentist offices for $170.00-$300.00

wootevil

quality posts: 21 Private Messages wootevil

Is this kit for only 1 person?
And can I get refills or do I just buy more than one kit?

platinumwhites

wootevil wrote:Is this kit for only 1 person?
And can I get refills or do I just buy more than one kit?

Yes this is for 1 person and yes you can purchase refills.

fighterflight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fighterflight
EricPost wrote:Lastly, no tooth whitening product gives you that white, white, WHITE, celebrity smile. Those are veneers and/or caps.

Exactly!
Exhibit A

(click for larger image)



keithalangilbert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keithalangilbert

Thank you for a well-thought out response. This is the best advice in this thread.

EricPost wrote:You have to use common sense. Products like these are for people with basically healthy teeth. The more mouth issues you have the more likely you are to encounter problems.

First of all, I would not use this as a first whitening treatment. Buy a product with less peroxide strength. Then if you have no issues with that, try this. Some people cannot tolerate 20+% peroxide, some can.

Second, if you have receding gums, peroxide will hurt. Anything with peroxide will hurt. So again use common sense.

Third no tooth whitening product works on caps, fillings or bridges. If you have this, you'll have issues. You must get the cap or bridge replaced with a lighter color or the filling redone.

Fourth, any whitening product will wear off, meaning you'll have to re-whiten. So the more you whiten the more you're likely to have sensitivity.

Lastly, no tooth whitening product gives you that white, white, WHITE, celebrity smile. Those are veneers and/or caps.

Bottom line, I'd start with less peroxide strength and if that causes you no worries, move up to this.

fronzotron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fronzotron
platinumwhites wrote:Please provide the link you are referencing so I can respond appropriately.

I would like to see you respond to the link as well. Considering buying the product if you can set the record straight.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Platinum-Whites-Success/internet/Platinum-Whites-Success-Teeth-Whitening-Platinum-Whites-Platinum-Whites-Whitening-Platin-790438

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

I don't understand why there are so many negative comments about a company trying to pay some bills by liquidating product on woot. That's how free enterprise works.

jhirsch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jhirsch
mdnorman wrote:I don't understand why there are so many negative comments about a company trying to pay some bills by liquidating product on woot. That's how free enterprise works.

With all due respect to Woot and their vendors, this seems to be the sketchiest "deal" I've ever seen advertised on Woot.

I think a combination of the above referenced article, drastic markdown (or inflated "List Price"), and intrusive presence of vendor platinumwhites in this forum rubbed a few people the wrong way.

platinumwhites

jhirsch wrote:With all due respect to Woot and their vendors, this seems to be the sketchiest "deal" I've ever seen advertised on Woot.

I think a combination of the above referenced article, drastic markdown (or inflated "List Price"), and intrusive presence of vendor platinumwhites in this forum rubbed a few people the wrong way.

The above-referenced article was written by a former vendor who was asked to stop providing services for a number of reasons and failed to comply. In addition, it is our corporate policy to not pay a third-party any fees to remove inaccurate or incomplete statements.

Furthermore, we would rather spend our time focusing on how to improve our products and distribution efforts for the hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers we've served in our more than six years in business.

We thank you for the time you've spent researching our company, products and this deal. As mentioned in previous posts, the product being offered in this deal is currently exclusive to Woot. We are not liquidating product as some comments suggest. We actually negotiated a great deal with Woot to provide more opportunities for people to try our products. Each order is being made fresh today and will be shipped directly to you. We hope the numerous positive reviews about our products from actual customers in comparison to one review from a former vendor of our company will put this issue to rest.

zhedenvalarin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zhedenvalarin

To be completely honest ~ I was astonished and curious about the massive deal on this and was going to order the max of three, but my curiosity drove me to find out more about the product and read through the comments here.

Throughout the day, I've seen good questions and I've seen LOTS of comments deleted that weren't particularly negative (I can understand if people were just flaming and whatnot, but most were legitimate questions or concerns) and it's made me concerned and doubtful enough that I won't be purchasing the product.

Sorry to say but ~ any time that I see comments being removed en masse (happens a lot with Indie Game Developers that refuse to acknowledge bugs or other in-game issues) ~ there tends to be something wrong. Regardless, it doesn't sit with me well enough to order anymore and I think that a lot of others are probably feeling the same way.

wehrd1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wehrd1
Karen67 wrote:This post on RipoffReport.com will make you think twice:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Platinum-Whites-Success/internet/Platinum-Whites-Success-Teeth-Whitening-Platinum-Whites-Platinum-Whites-Whitening-Platin-790438

ummm...wow - apparently the mfg now has quite a few bills to pay

wehrd1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wehrd1
zhedenvalarin wrote:To be completely honest ~ I was astonished and curious about the massive deal on this and was going to order the max of three, but my curiosity drove me to find out more about the product and read through the comments here.

Throughout the day, I've seen good questions and I've seen LOTS of comments deleted that weren't particularly negative (I can understand if people were just flaming and whatnot, but most were legitimate questions or concerns) and it's made me concerned and doubtful enough that I won't be purchasing the product.

Sorry to say but ~ any time that I see comments being removed en masse (happens a lot with Indie Game Developers that refuse to acknowledge bugs or other in-game issues) ~ there tends to be something wrong. Regardless, it doesn't sit with me well enough to order anymore and I think that a lot of others are probably feeling the same way.

very good post. and 'platnimumwhites' posting in the thread where their item is being sold, is a first for me, and also gives me pause.

What happened to the moderators on woot? Thunderthighs? and the new guy - sorry, can't remember your 'handle' right now

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

zhedenvalarin wrote:To be completely honest ~ I was astonished and curious about the massive deal on this and was going to order the max of three, but my curiosity drove me to find out more about the product and read through the comments here.

All of the posts that were deleted today were price comparisons and reviews to different products. Today's sale was a special exclusive offer through Woot.

Here is a mod's post from earlier in the thread today: http://www.woot.com/Forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5508043

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

wehrd1 wrote:very good post. and 'platnimumwhites' posting in the thread where their item is being sold, is a first for me, and also gives me pause.

What happened to the moderator's on woot? Thunderthighs? and the new guy - sorry, can't remember your 'handle' right now

We're still here! The new moderator's name is Manhandsha.

It's easy to speculate why so many posts were deleted and why the vendor/manufacturer was around today, but the answer is very simple.

1. Many posts were deleted because they were incorrect price comps and reviews for today's product.
2. We've always invited vendors/manufacturers to participate in the forums when available. They provide a great amount of information and answer questions/inquiries about products.
They're exceptionally helpful when responding to a new line of products and/or when member's have multiple inquiries about an item that we have limited knowledge about.

shannonp86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shannonp86

I was seriously considering buying one of these (some people do meth, some people drink, I whiten my teeth -- it's a problem) but all the hard selling by the vendor in the comments makes me SUPER uncomfortable for some reason.

artimid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artimid
ROGETRAY wrote:We're still here! The new moderator's name is Manhandsha.

It's easy to speculate why so many posts were deleted and why the vendor/manufacturer was around today, but the answer is very simple.

1. Many posts were deleted because they were incorrect price comps and reviews for today's product.
2. We've always invited vendors/manufacturers to participate in the forums when available. They provide a great amount of information and answer questions/inquiries about products.
They're exceptionally helpful when responding to a new line of products and/or when member's have multiple inquiries about an item that we have limited knowledge about.

I think you guys have failed to see the point in that if there is no other products that are the same, you have to base buying decisions on what other products are offered. Deleting those posts because they were about "different" products, not the one offered here, basically shut down any reason to even consider buying this.

Then we have the vendors themselves posting links to reviews about other products, which gets to stay. The heavy hand fell on your own backside today, and I will personally avoid these guys in the future as well, based on what I have seen here today.
Also, I have rarely seen anything good come when vendors come blowing smoke into the conversation. The knife sharpener (destroyer) comes to mind that was made "just for Woot." So, I guess it might be a good idea from now on to not even consider "Woot exclusive" items, since there can be no possible discussion about the products, or the company because it is about "other products" or "in the past."

BonoMan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BonoMan
ThunderThighs wrote:Uhm, we sell a lot of great products at great discounts. Our buyers work to get you the best deal they can.

Please be respectful of our vendors and manufacturer reps. Again, this is something that makes our sites unique.

Ok this is seriously breaching "total shill" territory. Having a vendor come on your forums and just pump the comments full of "totally unbiased I swear!" comments about how "folks just LOVE LOVE LOVE our products!" is not a unique or helpful-to-consumers aspect of your site. In fact it's actually a prohibited behavior on almost any forum of any repute.

It really reeks of what amounts to sponsored posting. Really bad form.

catgrrl

quality posts: 8 Private Messages catgrrl
nvvMAN wrote:I have to agree. This deal looks really fishy.

Yeah, it feels way odd. I don't mean any "disrespect" here, but I think the rep's posts aren't actually helping as much as lending an air of intense desperation to the discussion.

I've been w00ting for many years, and even though Thunder Thighs says they have many manufacturer reps on here...I've somehow missed that completely. Maybe the others are just more discreet?

catgrrl

quality posts: 8 Private Messages catgrrl
platinumwhites wrote:NOTE: Our products are sold everyday in Dentist offices for $170.00-$300.00

Wow...If I were one of those dentists, who in effect are serving as your dealer network, I'd be pretty pissed off that you're selling direct to consumers and undercutting their pricing so drastically. I work in the retail music industry, and we've ditched vendors for this reason. I'd think all those dentists might feel the same way.

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975
catgrrl wrote:Yeah, it feels way odd. I don't mean any "disrespect" here, but I think the rep's posts aren't actually helping as much as lending an air of intense desperation to the discussion.

I've been w00ting for many years, and even though Thunder Thighs says they have many manufacturer reps on here...I've somehow missed that completely. Maybe the others are just more discreet?

there are many helpful reps that post here. in fact there's one hanging around for the arrow steel cabinets in tools and gardens.

being helpful is great. somebody said desperate earlier and intrusive was mentioned also. that about sums up was I was trying to say earlier.
And the reps post linking to a different product was bogus too. anything to get the sale I guess.

I always did like yardsales.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

catgrrl wrote:Yeah, it feels way odd. I don't mean any "disrespect" here, but I think the rep's posts aren't actually helping as much as lending an air of intense desperation to the discussion.

Some recent examples:

Doggie DNA

Baseball UltraMurals

Optoma Projectors

I could go on but I think that gives you the idea. All we ask is that the reps identify themselves as such.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

vampirefrost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vampirefrost

Order Date: Jul 23, 2013
Delivered: August 2, 2013

i bought this having heard of this before and hearing good reviews about it i decided to buy it.
my teeth are not extremely yellow and have thought of professional whiting through the dentist, but again i had heard good things in the past about this product.
it says on the tube that i should see results in 3 days.
to see how it did/does i used a whitening chart from another product i had bought before.
the chart goes from 1 (white) to 20 (very brown) when i started using this product on august 3rd my teeth were an 8.
its is now august 9th and they still look an 8.

i have even increased the number of times i brush from 3x's to 5x's a day, i did this because i heard this can make your teeth more sensitive and added the extra 2 to help with this side effect.

maybe it will work for other but it didn't work for me.
it has 22 treatments in it i will keep using it and if there is any changes i will post an updated review.
if i had paid the $170 for this i would be really upset.
but for $30 it was worth a shot.