hoopeee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoopeee

There's going to be rock bottom prices on ANYTHING related to Windows 8 very soon. Microsoft has already announced a new operating system coming out in the next few months. Windows 8 has become the New Coke of the modern world. A marketing nightmare for Microsoft. Unless there is some major change or selection to work from a normal desktop and everything is not an APP, I'm done with PC's. Even Windows ME didn't drop sales in PC's 60% like Windows 8 has. JUNK!

cdhuttonsc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdhuttonsc
hoopeee wrote:There's going to be rock bottom prices on ANYTHING related to Windows 8 very soon. Microsoft has already announced a new operating system coming out in the next few months. Windows 8 has become the New Coke of the modern world. A marketing nightmare for Microsoft. Unless there is some major change or selection to work from a normal desktop and everything is not an APP, I'm done with PC's. Even Windows ME didn't drop sales in PC's 60% like Windows 8 has. JUNK!

Oh come now. I agree MS over-reached, but I just installed an app to force booting to the desktop and reinstating the start button. I never see the Metro interface at all. All my productivity applications run completely smoothly and I have had no issues with drivers.

And for all Win 8 systems the incremental upgrade to 8.1 will be free.

jfkfc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfkfc

Is there an option for extending the warranty? Usually Woot offers an option through Square Trade but I don't see it for this laptop.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jfkfc wrote:Is there an option for extending the warranty? Usually Woot offers an option through Square Trade but I don't see it for this laptop.

Normally we do offer the SquareTrade extended warranty with most sales.

For some reason, today's offer has not opted-in for including the SquareTrade widget.

You're still welcome to go to the SqaureTrade website and find warranty coverage for your purchase.

eggrob

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eggrob
ROGETRAY wrote:Normally we do offer the SquareTrade extended warranty with most sales.

For some reason, today's offer has not opted-in for including the SquareTrade widget.

You're still welcome to go to the SqaureTrade website and find warranty coverage for your purchase.

I got a Square Trade warranty for a refurb woot purchase on my own and had to use it. Square Trade stood by it.

william1995

quality posts: 0 Private Messages william1995

One question, folks.

How to show all wireless works around you on sony SVT13138CXS?
Because I could not use my Wi-Fi with my new sony SVT13138CXS (But I can use it with my old Toshiba). so I want to try my firends' Wi-Fi. But it seems sony SVT13138CXS can not show the wireless works around you?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

eirinidrmt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eirinidrmt

I boutght this ultrabook 15 days ago and the camera was working properly. All of a sudden yesterday the camera stopped working.
I have tried to uninstall and re-install the camera and looked for updated driver software but still the camera is not working. Actually my laptop doesn't recognize the camera.
When i open the camera app there is a black screen saying "connect a camera".
Do you know how to fix the problem? I hope the cam is not malfunctioned.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

eirinidrmt wrote:I boutght this ultrabook 15 days ago and the camera was working properly. All of a sudden yesterday the camera stopped working.
I have tried to uninstall and re-install the camera and looked for updated driver software but still the camera is not working. Actually my laptop doesn't recognize the camera.
When i open the camera app there is a black screen saying "connect a camera".
Do you know how to fix the problem? I hope the cam is not malfunctioned.

This laptop has a one-year Sony warranty. You can contact their support to see if they can help you get it going again.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders