hoopeee


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoopeee

There's going to be rock bottom prices on ANYTHING related to Windows 8 very soon. Microsoft has already announced a new operating system coming out in the next few months. Windows 8 has become the New Coke of the modern world. A marketing nightmare for Microsoft. Unless there is some major change or selection to work from a normal desktop and everything is not an APP, I'm done with PC's. Even Windows ME didn't drop sales in PC's 60% like Windows 8 has. JUNK!

cdhuttonsc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdhuttonsc
hoopeee wrote:There's going to be rock bottom prices on ANYTHING related to Windows 8 very soon. Microsoft has already announced a new operating system coming out in the next few months. Windows 8 has become the New Coke of the modern world. A marketing nightmare for Microsoft. Unless there is some major change or selection to work from a normal desktop and everything is not an APP, I'm done with PC's. Even Windows ME didn't drop sales in PC's 60% like Windows 8 has. JUNK!



Oh come now. I agree MS over-reached, but I just installed an app to force booting to the desktop and reinstating the start button. I never see the Metro interface at all. All my productivity applications run completely smoothly and I have had no issues with drivers.

And for all Win 8 systems the incremental upgrade to 8.1 will be free.

jfkfc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfkfc

Is there an option for extending the warranty? Usually Woot offers an option through Square Trade but I don't see it for this laptop.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jfkfc wrote:Is there an option for extending the warranty? Usually Woot offers an option through Square Trade but I don't see it for this laptop.



Normally we do offer the SquareTrade extended warranty with most sales.

For some reason, today's offer has not opted-in for including the SquareTrade widget.

You're still welcome to go to the SqaureTrade website and find warranty coverage for your purchase.

eggrob


quality posts: 7 Private Messages eggrob
ROGETRAY wrote:Normally we do offer the SquareTrade extended warranty with most sales.

For some reason, today's offer has not opted-in for including the SquareTrade widget.

You're still welcome to go to the SqaureTrade website and find warranty coverage for your purchase.



I got a Square Trade warranty for a refurb woot purchase on my own and had to use it. Square Trade stood by it.

william1995


quality posts: 0 Private Messages william1995

One question, folks.

How to show all wireless works around you on sony SVT13138CXS?
Because I could not use my Wi-Fi with my new sony SVT13138CXS (But I can use it with my old Toshiba). so I want to try my firends' Wi-Fi. But it seems sony SVT13138CXS can not show the wireless works around you?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

eirinidrmt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eirinidrmt

I boutght this ultrabook 15 days ago and the camera was working properly. All of a sudden yesterday the camera stopped working.
I have tried to uninstall and re-install the camera and looked for updated driver software but still the camera is not working. Actually my laptop doesn't recognize the camera.
When i open the camera app there is a black screen saying "connect a camera".
Do you know how to fix the problem? I hope the cam is not malfunctioned.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

eirinidrmt wrote:I boutght this ultrabook 15 days ago and the camera was working properly. All of a sudden yesterday the camera stopped working.
I have tried to uninstall and re-install the camera and looked for updated driver software but still the camera is not working. Actually my laptop doesn't recognize the camera.
When i open the camera app there is a black screen saying "connect a camera".
Do you know how to fix the problem? I hope the cam is not malfunctioned.


This laptop has a one-year Sony warranty. You can contact their support to see if they can help you get it going again.




FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items