Kiwi Connection

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kiwi Connection

I received mine, but it doesn't come with the activation code for it to work. I was all excited to finally get it and get it working. Ugh. Disappointment. According to Simple.TV, the code is supposed to be in an email when you buy the product, but that doesn't seem to be true with buying it from Woot. Come on!

Kiwi Connection

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kiwi Connection

Turns out the code is on a sticker on the front of the manual. The simple.tv web site is incorrect in saying the code comes through email.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Kiwi Connection wrote:Turns out the code is on a sticker on the front of the manual. The simple.tv web site is incorrect in saying the code comes through email.

Good eye. We went through this with the last sale as well. Thanks for posting that for other wooters.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jeepsteve92xj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeepsteve92xj

The activation code is on the manual, and use Chrome to do the set up. IE and FF dont quite work for it.

WhtHawk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WhtHawk

I have yet to have the unit successfully scan Cox Communications cable for channels. Also, I have never heard back from their support team. This is the most complicated setup I've ever experienced with a tuner device, ever.

cartmanrulz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cartmanrulz

No manual with my unit. Am I the only one with that issue? I have reached out to Simply.TV for a code.

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422

By far the worst product I've bought off Woot to date.
The setup instructions are written for a child or an adult mooooron.
The setup "wizard" never tells you it won't install with Firefox, I had to look up blogs and tech helps to learn it will only install with Safari or Google Chrome. I hate Chrome!
Anyway, I installed Chrome, inputted the activation code and it accepted it. That is where it ends.
THEY HAVE NO SUPPORT PHONE NUMBER! ANYWHERE! What Crap!
Their online support is basically non existent. All I got was "well, your account isn't activated."
Well YES IT IS!
I want to return this useless piece of carp.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422

My installation was a complete failure. It does not install with Internet Explorer or Firefox. It will install with Safari.
Apparently the company is in love with Apple. They support IOS for the hand held devices as well, but not Android.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Ringo4422 wrote:My installation was a complete failure. It does not install with Internet Explorer or Firefox. It will install with Safari.
Apparently the company is in love with Apple. They support IOS for the hand held devices as well, but not Android.

Have you contacted the Simple.TV folks for some technical support yet? They should be able to help you.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Denaway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Denaway

Biggest P.O.S. I have bought in a Looooooooooong time.

If you like watching the spinning beach ball this is for you.

So sorry I tossed the packing material before I found out what crap this is.

Oh and forget what it says, there is only one network connection.

It only works somewhat with Safari, then not very good.

Forget full screen unless you like stripes as motion artifacts.

ThunderThighs

Staff

@Denaway: Sorry for the problems. Have you contacted the Simple.TV folks for some help?

FORUM MODERATOR