jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn
scotttampa wrote:Last letter was capitol I, eye, not l, elll....

I used capital I not the lower case L. Still doesn't work. I have no idea...

Woody1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Woody1

I have decided that I have better things to do in my life than this. Not much mind you but I just threw $8 on the floor, walked away, made a drink, came back and holy SH@T! I just found $8! I win.

800+ woots! - Talk to the Square

dkoontz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dkoontz
thecooley wrote:Bahahahah! I was the first sucker!

Here's what I did:

1) Kept a separate browser window open next to the first window, making sure to hit up my Your Account link every 15 minutes or so to be sure I wouldn't have to enter a password.
2) Already had bit.ly typed in the address bar
3) F5F5F5F5F5 in the first window as the timer counted down
4) As soon as the screen changed, I typed the rest of the URL
5) Crap!

exactly what I did, but was sold out in one to two second? Maybe one second is too much to expect for us to type the last 7 characters of the URL? Seriously?

I think these Bandolier of Carrots are extremely limited, and some users are getting cached results faster than others from Woot's servers.

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller
Woody1 wrote:I have decided that I have better things to do in my life than this. Not much mind you but I just threw $8 on the floor, walked away, made a drink, came back and holy SH@T! I just found $8! I win.

Ha ha ha! That's good man!

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj

I don't get it. I've had over 30 randombagsofcrap, but this time they've specifically spelled out that it's stuff from employees' junk piles. w00t is not what it was before Amazon. Why would anyone want to buy garage sale leftovers? I'm pretty sure they're serious...they generally say exactly what they're thinking.

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

OldMatador

quality posts: 13 Private Messages OldMatador

In the end, it's all the luck of the draw, to be honest. Hundreds of people are hitting the pipe at once, and only 15 to 25 make it out with crap.

lobito

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lobito

[quote postid="5568981" user="thecooley"]Bahahahah! I was the first sucker!

Here's what I did:

Excellent advice - thanks! I will remember this next time there is actual Woot surplus crap (and not staff mismatched socks and post-date canned goods) made available...

kolme

quality posts: 11 Private Messages kolme
dkoontz wrote:exactly what I did, but was sold out in one to two second? Maybe one second is too much to expect for us to type the last 7 characters of the URL? Seriously?

I think these Bandolier of Carrots are extremely limited, and some users are getting cached results faster than others from Woot's servers.

There is certainly some element which gives an edge to some over others. I'm on a 35mb/s connection in DFW (near WOOT HQ) and I still didnt make the cut.

Side note: these headphones are lamesauce. Better than the old model, but still fall out of the ear and the sound quality isn't so hawt. My new 5s ones wont be getting much love.

elangomatt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt
cycokiller wrote:It is tougher these days.. and they only do like 25 at a time. When there are hundreds of folks all hitting it at the same time, it's going to go fast.

In the old days, they did a lot more in a sale, but it was only a one-shot deal and usually in the morning. If you missed it, tough luck. It's nice that they give us a few more chances these days.

But, the Bandolier of Carrots are really just a marketing trick any more.. to get people to spend more time on the site and look around more. When woot! did them, they were more for fun, but Amazon saw their real value ;)

Personally, I'm happy with how they are doing things now. Old woot, Bandolier of Carrots were great and came with good and/or interesting stuff. During the darker Bandolier of Carrots days, they sold a lot more of them a lot more often and the contents of said Bandolier of Carrots was really pathetic for a while. I mean like stuff that wouldn't even sell at a dollar store pathetic.

I got a bag back in April after they started getting stingier with them again and it was a pretty good bag. I don't think they'll ever be as good as the olden days but it was very respectable.

diverdan79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diverdan79

I would buy this if Woot still did the all day $5 shipping. Already bought stuff today and this is not worth another $5 shipping.

mmrbr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mmrbr
thecooley wrote:Bahahahah! I was the first sucker!

Here's what I did:

1) Kept a separate browser window open next to the first window, making sure to hit up my Your Account link every 15 minutes or so to be sure I wouldn't have to enter a password.
2) Already had bit.ly typed in the address bar
3) F5F5F5F5F5 in the first window as the timer counted down
4) As soon as the screen changed, I typed the rest of the URL
5) Crap!

^exactly what I did. got it to my cart and it turned gray and said I missed it.

mkhan6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkhan6
mmrbr wrote:^exactly what I did. got it to my cart and it turned gray and said I missed it.

Where is the timer?!?!!?!?

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

So, how many Bandolier of Carrots have there been today? There will be only 6, right?

dkoontz

diverdan79 wrote:I would buy this if Woot still did the all day $5 shipping. Already bought stuff today and this is not worth another $5 shipping.

Oh, thanks for sharing. I guess I was just assuming Woot was still doing the all day $5 shipping. I only bought one thing yesterday, and thought it looked a little different.

mmrbr

CatCK wrote:So, how many Bandolier of Carrots have there been today? There will be only 6, right?

That was either the 2nd or 3rd out of 5 or 6. So theres 2 or 3 left

mmrbr

mkhan6 wrote:Where is the timer?!?!!?!?

What timer?

dkoontz

mmrbr wrote:That was either the 2nd or 3rd out of 5 or 6. So theres 2 or 3 left

Sounds like everyone has 2 to 6 exacting seconds to respond to offers over the next several hours this evening. ;-0 Good luck to all super typists! Everyone else, sorry.

mkhan6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkhan6
mmrbr wrote:What timer?

mmcooley said he watched the timer is there a timer for the Badgers or Chipmunks maybe thats why im missing it

elangomatt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt
mkhan6 wrote:mmcooley said he watched the timer is there a timer for the Badgers or Chipmunks maybe thats why im missing it

In this particular case there was a timer for the end of the shirt.woot detour. These earbuds were the first item after the hour long detour to shirt.woot. Normally you really have no way of knowing exactly when the next item will appear.

OldMatador

quality posts: 13 Private Messages OldMatador
mkhan6 wrote:mmcooley said he watched the timer is there a timer for the Badgers or Chipmunks maybe thats why im missing it

There was a timer for the Shirt.Woot Detour that ran out, which allowed him to realize when the next item was going up on Woot.

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages BuffBillsFan

Oh, the irony of missing the BofCRp because I was sitting on the crapper...

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages BuffBillsFan
dkoontz wrote:Oh, thanks for sharing. I guess I was just assuming Woot was still doing the all day $5 shipping. I only bought one thing yesterday, and thought it looked a little different.

They got rid of $5 all-day shipping months ago. :-/

Now, you can get multiple deals shipped for $5 if they are all the same order - everything in your cart will ship for $5. However, that SuxDonkeyGonads during Woot-Offs... if an item sells out while in your cart, you are S.O.L.

dkoontz

BuffBillsFan wrote:They got rid of $5 all-day shipping months ago. :-/

Now, you can get multiple deals shipped for $5 if they are all the same order - everything in your cart will ship for $5. However, that SuxDonkeyGonads during Woot-Offs... if an item sells out while in your cart, you are S.O.L.

THANKS! Good to know.

thedradler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedradler

i bought the headphones when i saw the symbol but do not see anything in the item description after i bought it. do i not get the Badgers or Chipmunks

dkoontz

thedradler wrote:i bought the headphones when i saw the symbol but do not see anything in the item description after i bought it. do i not get the Badgers or Chipmunks

Buying the ITEM listed does not get you the Bandolier of Carrots it only buys you the item itself. There is an entirely different game going on for the Bandolier of Carrots which ended apparently within two seconds of being listed.

nilasor08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nilasor08

The earbuds has arrived today. In an used bubble envolope. Inside, just earbuds in a traveling case. Wasn't it supposed to come in the box with warranty paper in it?

FoofandBoosMom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FoofandBoosMom
nilasor08 wrote:The earbuds has arrived today. In an used bubble envolope. Inside, just earbuds in a traveling case. Wasn't it supposed to come in the box with warranty paper in it?

SAME HERE! Ratty bubble mailer with unpackaged Apple earphones that may or may not be new. The return address was a mortgage company. Which Team Fumbles???!!!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Volunteer Moderator

FoofandBoosMom wrote:SAME HERE! Ratty bubble mailer with unpackaged Apple earphones that may or may not be new. The return address was a mortgage company. Which Team Fumbles???!!!

nilasor08 wrote:The earbuds has arrived today. In an used bubble envolope. Inside, just earbuds in a traveling case. Wasn't it supposed to come in the box with warranty paper in it?

Often the product is repackaged in Non-Retail packaging. If you're concerned with the condition, please feel free with emailing into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.

The Apple 1 Year Warranty should still be valid from the day of purchase.

FoofandBoosMom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FoofandBoosMom
ROGETRAY wrote:Often the product is repackaged in Non-Retail packaging. If you're concerned with the condition, please feel free with emailing into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.

The Apple 1 Year Warranty should still be valid from the day of purchase.

What's the explanation of them coming from a mortgage company rather than from Woot.com?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all.

As RogetRay stated earlier, these are 100% authentic Apple cables.

They were bought in bulk which is why they're not retail boxed. These are wrapped just like a cable that would come with an iPhone or iPad.

A bubble envelope is an appropriate shipping container for a flat cable.

As to the shipping and Sender address, we use a variety of shipping methods including Fulfillment by Amazon (our inventory) and drop ship directly from the vendor. This was a drop ship sale. The vendor says that FedEx used the wrong Sender address. That's all we know.

All of this stuff I just explained is how we kept the costs down and we're able to offer this Apple cable at a low price.

Now, off you go to charge your devices... or connect them to something... or whatever. .

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders