anangphatak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anangphatak

I was going to say, I have TF300T 32, also lags ... thumbs down for ASUS

alextse wrote:Not to cause a flame war, but I believe I read the lag is due to the high resolution screen being a bit much for the Tegra 3 processor. I got the TF300 (similar processor, much lower resolution) for my kid and it works fine. I'm probably going to get the newer TF701T with the Tegra 4 processor for myself.

nazcaplain

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nazcaplain

How is it possible that you've been on "posting probation" since 2008? What the he11?

Pufferfishy wrote:I have not experienced the lag others seem to be mentioning, but I do have issues with the dock - it occasionally "goes wacky" and the screen either blacks out or goes back to the lock screen.

On a side note: 300 apps? Which Team Fumbles?

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii
mjorgensen wrote:Any chance I can get a price match from this purchase just 8 days ago: http://www.woot.com/offers/asus-10-1-32gb-tablet-with-keyboard-9. Or do I need to buy this and return the other one?

ROFL. You didn't read the (no) return policy!

mjorgensen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjorgensen
dliidlii wrote:ROFL. You didn't read the (no) return policy!

Yeah, forgot about that, unless defective. Oh well, had to try. Was for my Dad anyways, so just won't tell him he could have saved 70 bucks.

nightwisp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nightwisp

I got my tablet new from the mothership for Christmas last year. I did notice the lagging a bit. Especially if I haven't used it for a couple of days. It's a pain sometimes to just wait for everything to finish updating, otherwise it's rendered useless by all the updates. I'm amazed at how "out-of-date" my apps get if I don't use it every day.

I did recently do a factory reset and it seems to be running a bit quicker. I'll be looking into the Cromi-X rom everyone's been talking about here.

fargowind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fargowind

Glorious POS!
I bought this one with keyboard combo from Woot in august and have had just problems with it. If I could still return it to woot i would. Asus has taken it back twice and fixed it twice so far! the screen locks up and won't allow you to log on anymore. Asus WILL NOT give you a replacement BTW, they will fix it and send it back and it will break again (exact same problem) after 20 to 30 days of use and you are going to play the RMA game until you get tired (the Asus RMA carries its own 90 day warranty).

If you forego this warning do yourself a favor and peel-off the serial number sticker the minute you unpack your tablet. It is designed to literally "self destruct" in about 5 days of normal use (just rubbing against your hand a couple times a day will erase the ink) and without the original legible serial number on the device, you will be SOOL for the Asus RMA... be warned.

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller

Nothing to do with todays Woot but if anyone cares to respond... When did Woot replace something that sells out right away with something else. I thought part of the whole Woot mystique was waiting until midnight to find out what the next offering was. Yesterdays example is perfect. Obviously they sold out of the Faux Go Pro and as soon as they did they put the Nikon up for sale. Is this now standard operating procedure?

gak0090

quality posts: 76 Private Messages gak0090
showcaller wrote:Nothing to do with todays Woot but if anyone cares to respond... When did Woot replace something that sells out right away with something else. I thought part of the whole Woot mystique was waiting until midnight to find out what the next offering was. Yesterdays example is perfect. Obviously they sold out of the Faux Go Pro and as soon as they did they put the Nikon up for sale. Is this now standard operating procedure?

It's been going on for awhile- at least since they have been having all these side show deals (woot plus). I don't have issue with the extra deals, I can appreciate "the MAN" needing to get paid- I just wish that woot kept their mystique. They seem like they moved into the 1saleaday, Redtag model.

garbyrator

quality posts: 3 Private Messages garbyrator

PRO's (with Keyboard)
- Extra battery life keeps it running for a full 8 hrs of use
- Full size USB port on keyboard means you can move files on and off the tablet with ease.
- Can also connect a USB mouse
- Great brightness when outside
- full keyboard, easy to type

Con's:
- Laggy with lots of apps installed, constantly updating (might help to tell Google to only update with approval)
- Keyboard doesn't always seem to work, have to remove and re-attach, which fixes the problem
- Getting outdated, no longer the hottest thing on the market, won't be the first to get KitKat.

I use my as a Laptop replacement with the keyboard and am able to run Citrix Receiver so I can run all of my work applications on my tablet where ever I am. Using FoxFi to connect to the phone for tethering and you've got a fully mobile mini PC. As stated above, every time I "wake" the tablet, it seems that I've got to wait for it to update every freaking app on there, so it gets very slow and laggy. Once that is done, performance improves. Would expect a slight bit better web browsing and lip syncing on streaming video can be TERRIBLE.

For this price, it's still one of the best deals on the market and you should pick up the keyboard, it makes a huge difference if you plan on using it like a PC. Helps with web browsing as well. Extra battery is a HUGE benefit since it keeps it all running longer.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but you always Woot.

kamaboko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kamaboko

I got the TF201 in Dec 2011. Asus basically abandoned it. The wifi is terrible and no updates past 4.1. I know it's not a TF700, but never again with Asus. The Dell Venue 8 Pro for $299 beats the Hell out of this thing. Sure, it may be Windows 8.1, but it's fast, and has received awesome reviews.

grrosey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages grrosey

I purchased this Tablet (with Keyboard) on the last go-around. Absolutely fabulous tablet, great quality, great speed. Battery life is phenomenal.

Purchase if in the market for one, you won't regret it.

cpetterborg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpetterborg

I bought one of these last February. I love it! It is great. I have installed Cyanogenmod 10.2 (which is Android 4.3) on it, so it now has the fstrim utility on it so that it will not lag as time passes. If I didn't already have one, and my family members didn't already have tablets, I'd be buying some of these for them. Buy the keyboard, too.

cpetterborg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpetterborg
garbyrator wrote:PRO's (with Keyboard)
- Extra battery life keeps it running for a full 8 hrs of use
- Full size USB port on keyboard means you can move files on and off the tablet with ease.
- Can also connect a USB mouse
- Great brightness when outside
- full keyboard, easy to type

Con's:
- Laggy with lots of apps installed, constantly updating (might help to tell Google to only update with approval)
- Keyboard doesn't always seem to work, have to remove and re-attach, which fixes the problem
- Getting outdated, no longer the hottest thing on the market, won't be the first to get KitKat.

In response to your cons:
- the lag can be caused by no fstrim in the ROM. Update it to Cyanogenmod 10.2 and it will be automatic.
- faulty keyboard? Mine works all the time - all the time.
- Android 4.3 from the latest Cyanogenmod 10.2. 10.3 will probably be out soon, and you can bet I will be updating. It is a good enough platform that the devs will be making update for a while. At this price, it is worth buying.

I get 12-14 hours of use with the keyboard attached, not just 8. I'm talking continuous use, not sleeping. The battery lasts longer than my Galaxy Tab (also running Cyanogen).

PyxienTX

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PyxienTX

I have had mine since I broke my Transformer Prime screen, almost a year. I still love the Asus tablets. They may be a little quirky, but they are awesome in customer service, and really try to help their customer. However, if it is out of warranty, just buy a used one, it's cheaper.

As to quirky... Random shutdowns and lock ups, but most are caused by apps and/or not cold booting. Stock browser and keyboard should be replaced because they are not user friendly. Randomly won't charge (happened twice - unplug from wall and cold boot to fix), wifi not working - you put off the os update too long now it is time to install. Etc... My Prime had these quirks as well, but then so did my Galaxy and Evo phones.

Good stuff... Awesome Screen. I can read with sunglasses (oakley black iridium lenses)on in the sun while it is in landscape mode. Not much of a movie watcher, but have done video classes on both the tf700 and tf201 with no lag or desyncing of sound, and uploaded video of my daughters drill team and choir performances with no issue. Able to edit high res photos, use apps to work off my work pc and laptop, use oovoo to talk to my daughter, etc... All around great tablet for me, and this is a good price for the tab and keyboard.

I do not have the keyboard, but I have an Asus laptop for that part of my job, so I can not comment on that. Except to say that most of the reviews are awesome, and I love the keyboard on the laptop.

mergyiii

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mergyiii

I just don't get this tablet. After a year of usage, it's certainly not for power user. great for kids watching videos and playing games - that is what the tegra processor seems to be made for. for things like rendering web pages? it plain sucks. just. too. dang. slow... i expected much better. You would think some sort of firmware fix could repair this as i monitor cpu with a cpu app and it never peaks out...it's just plain slow, which folks commenting on the memory must be right about..

kamaboko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kamaboko
cpetterborg wrote:In response to your cons:
- the lag can be caused by no fstrim in the ROM. Update it to Cyanogenmod 10.2 and it will be automatic.
- faulty keyboard? Mine works all the time - all the time.
- Android 4.3 from the latest Cyanogenmod 10.2. 10.3 will probably be out soon, and you can bet I will be updating. It is a good enough platform that the devs will be making update for a while. At this price, it is worth buying.

I get 12-14 hours of use with the keyboard attached, not just 8. I'm talking continuous use, not sleeping. The battery lasts longer than my Galaxy Tab (also running Cyanogen).

Asus never put out 4.3 for the TF700. I wouldn't count on 4.4.

dscisci

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dscisci
AutobahnSHO wrote:I have a TF101 (very FIRST ASUS tablet with keyboard).

There are probably better tablets out there, but I chose the ASUS because of the keyboard. Absolutely AWESOME INCREDIBLE concept.

-The battery life is "bazillions of hours". :-D
-great stand for videochat (adjustable, unlike most tablet stands)
-typing is a breeze for email/forums
-multiple storage options (take the SD card out of a camera, use a thumbdrive or portable harddrive
-extra keys on keyboard for common settings (volume, skiptrack, settings, lockscreen, whatever)

Also, the combo is fairly heavy, but totally worth it to me when traveling to have that super-long battery life.

I've got the TF101 as well and I still use it every day. The Katkiss ROM has breathed new life into it and it's 4.3. I don't find the combo heavy at all, but then again I was used to carrying around a 15" Macbook Pro. This is a great deal and it makes me want to pull the trigger, but I'm awaiting Asus' next gen at this point.

Lol - A bajillion hours. Ain't that the truth. My gf's ultrabook gets like 3 and I like showing her that I've got about 14.5 hours or so left...

michael2255

quality posts: 5 Private Messages michael2255

I bought one here in August. Beautiful screen and back along with great sound. Best keyboard I have used other than the one on the Microsoft Surface 2.

However it lagged a lot and force closed a lot. Having used Apple and Android phones and tablets I figured it wasn't me, it was the device. I sent it back and they refunded my money. Just sayin'

SpyderZ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpyderZ

Bought this one last December for my Ex, and she loves it... with exceptions. The Keyboard was DOA, and while Asus did change it out (We had to send both pieces back, so she was without her tablet for a week and change) the keyboard is already giving out again. (Stops charging the tablet). If the Keyboard isn't your primary reason for getting it, then I guess it's a passable tablet, but I'd be hesitant to recommend it 'for' the keyboard at this point.

cage017

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cage017
scubalab wrote:Ironic... I was just researching the ASUS MeMO 10" tablet yesterday. It seems to be getting stellar reviews. I was going to ask the community which they felt was better. Right now, I can get the MeMO ME302 (32gb) for $348 with folio keyboard case at Sam's. It seems to have better specs (1920x1200 fhd, 2 GB ram, nicer speakers). I don't know much about processors, but it has the Intel Clover Trail processor, and assuming from what I read, seems to be a powerful processor?

So, did I answer my own question?

Also saw a couple weeks ago, Sam's was offering the 16GB version (without folio keyboard) for $247! But, that sale is over... sad face...

I've owned the blue Memo Pad 10 for two months and I love it. It has 16 GB and I've only used 1 GB for apps so far. It's my first tablet and first Asus product.

I don't have the Asus keyboard but I use the bluetooth Microsoft Wedge keyboard and have no problem typing. Only downside is it does not have a standard USB port like the Asus keyboard does.

BTW, I don't see it listed but the TF has a micro USB port right?

manhandsha

quality posts: 31 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

cage017 wrote:I've owned the blue Memo Pad 10 for two months and I love it. It has 16 GB and I've only used 1 GB for apps so far. It's my first tablet and first Asus product.

I don't have the Asus keyboard but I use the bluetooth Microsoft Wedge keyboard and have no problem typing. Only downside is it does not have a standard USB port like the Asus keyboard does.

BTW, I don't see it listed but the TF has a micro USB port right?

I only see the following ports listed in the specs on Asus's page:
1 x 2-in-1 Audio Jack (Headphone / Mic-in)
1 x micro HDMI
1 x Micro SD Card Reader
Mobile Dock:
1 x USB2.0 port
1 x SD Card Reader

Hope that helps!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

waygos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waygos

Bought an Asus tablet for daughter last year for Christmas and the screen died before 6 months. Will not buy another ASUS tablet.

davezxc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davezxc

This tablet got great reviews, so I've been thinking about it for a while. But it seems there are a lot of failures, and not much joy sending it back to ASUS for repairs.

Can you clarify the return policy? If this fails, will I need to send this to ASUS for repair, or can I return it to WOOT for replacement or refund?

David Zygocki

jenniferbreuer4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenniferbreuer4

Isn't there a bigger chance that a "reconditioned" tablet will go bad or is that just in my imagination?

manhandsha

Staff

davezxc wrote:This tablet got great reviews, so I've been thinking about it for a while. But it seems there are a lot of failures, and not much joy sending it back to ASUS for repairs.

Can you clarify the return policy? If this fails, will I need to send this to ASUS for repair, or can I return it to WOOT for replacement or refund?

This has a 90 Day warranty with Asus, as well as the option to buy an extended warranty from SquareTrade.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

manhandsha

Staff

jenniferbreuer4 wrote:Isn't there a bigger chance that a "reconditioned" tablet will go bad or is that just in my imagination?

Reconditioned items have been completely tested before being offered to resell. I'd almost feel more confident buying reconditioned over new because I know that device has been tested. Not all new items are checked before being sold. But, it's a matter of opinion. I've personally never had trouble with a reconditioned product.

tradergeorge

quality posts: 10 Private Messages tradergeorge

I am not sure what many of you are doing with this tablet, but I have never had the slightest problem with it. Most reviews I have seen put it right up there with the latest iPad in quality and performance. I have witnessed this myself, since I have both units. I have only had one chance to use ASUS support. I had to RMA a keyboard. It went smoothly.

And BTW, who has 300 apps on a tablet. You cannot possibly be using them on even an occasional basis. The reason that your tablet boots so slow is that you probably have PUSH notifications and automatic update turned on for all of them. Learn how to optimize your usage and you will have a zippy startup. I bet you don't carry a ton of bricks in the trunk of your car and then complain about acceleration problems, do you? If you use a tablet in a reasonable way, it will reward you with a great experience.

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller
gak0090 wrote:It's been going on for awhile- at least since they have been having all these side show deals (woot plus). I don't have issue with the extra deals, I can appreciate "the MAN" needing to get paid- I just wish that woot kept their mystique. They seem like they moved into the 1saleaday, Redtag model.

Thanks!

psymonkey

quality posts: 4 Private Messages psymonkey

I really, really don't recommend this product. I purchased a TF300T refurb from Woot prior to buying this. The 300 lasted less than two weeks. Ended up buying the 700 and it is waaaaay slow. The 300 performed easily twice as well. I ended up having to root the 700 and install xenogenisis, which helped a touch but do yourself a favor and buy something else. The keyboard and its internal battery are awesome, though I rarely use them - it is a tablet afterall. Still, if you need to remote desktop into a system it sure is nice having better control.

Please avoid.

Lastly, I won't go into my ordeal with ASUS over the TF300, but their support is horrific. ASUS is no longer the brand they once were, they've spread themselves too thin and it shows. As a long time builder of systems on ASUS hardware, it makes me sad.

mikey63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikey63

I bought one of these last year from woot - 16gb with the keyboard dock. After I got this, I quickly got rid of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 I had before, as this tablet considerably outperformed that one.

I still use it often, but not daily. I did unlock the bootloader and run the chromiX rom which is great. There are plenty of other ROMs to try though. The tablet is very fast and performs great.

I use it mostly when I travel, and watch movies on the plane, etc. with the keyboard dock, it gets 12-15 hrs of battery life. and the full size USB and SD slot on the dock makes it easy to transfer files or store a bunch of movies.

I haven't had any issues with slowdown, but I'm on a custom rom and have only about 30 apps or so.

Also, make sure auto-update apps is turned OFF in the play store. I only update apps when *I* want them to update. This should be done on every android device imo.

Overall, I'm really happy with this. for travel, it makes a great pseudo laptop, and at home I only use the tablet portion to browse the web and stream movies from my home network.

I can't comment on Asus Tech support or CS, because I haven't had any issues with mine.

Wooting since 2007

mjorgensen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjorgensen
mjorgensen wrote:Yeah, forgot about that, unless defective. Oh well, had to try. Was for my Dad anyways, so just won't tell him he could have saved 70 bucks.

Woot, I love the, thy coolness is most awesome. Price was matchedimus.

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Pufferfishy

Well - I did love mine - until this happened to my SD storage yesterday:

....I really didn't need that 29GB of pictures, movies, MP3, and PDFs....

Talk about a suck-fest. Attempts at recovery so far seem futile (with Android, Windoze, and Leenoox)

All I did was attempt to play an MP4 video. It played about 2 seconds of it, then completely corrupted the SD media.....

You've been put on posting probation for this post

hellodali2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hellodali2

I bought one on Nov. 8th at the exact same time as my spouse also bought one. I still have no tracking number and the status says they are putting my order together. Mean while my spouse had tracking the entire time and theirs was delivered this morning. What gives we ordered them 5 minutes apart.

Also a couple of days later I ordered something else, I can track it and it is in transit.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 541 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

hellodali2 wrote:I bought one on Nov. 8th at the exact same time as my spouse also bought one. I still have no tracking number and the status says they are putting my order together. Mean while my spouse had tracking the entire time and theirs was delivered this morning. What gives we ordered them 5 minutes apart.

Also a couple of days later I ordered something else, I can track it and it is in transit.

Check STUFF YOU BOUGHT and see if you see a tracking number there. Also, don't forget to check your spam/junk folders. They're evil.

If all else fails, check your Private Messages. I'm putting your tracking there.

You can check your PMs by clicking on the envelop to the right of the Everything But Woot tab.

TL;DR: Shows you're getting it tomorrow.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders