Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

phacopida

quality posts: 64 Private Messages phacopida

Have it. Love it.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3658 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Additional info and TONS of great reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) can be found on the product page

and

A TON more great reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) can be found over at bestbuy.com

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3658 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's watch an unboxing and review

theco2

quality posts: 74 Private Messages theco2

I have the original Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. I love it, but I wish it would have come with all the stuff this one does.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

Sweet deal W000T, considering it.
I feel it will sell out in 12 hours. maybe less.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

Wubintheya

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wubintheya

This is an okay deal not that great. You can get one on Amazon with free 2 day shipping, brand new with a full warranty for $85 more.

tapntoes4life

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tapntoes4life

I wish this had a USB port. I have to use a sprint card to get on line and don't think this has a place to plug it into. Or does it?

K2112S

quality posts: 0 Private Messages K2112S

Same package at Tiger Direct. $55 more
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8515200&CatId=6838

philgonet

quality posts: 11 Private Messages philgonet
tapntoes4life wrote:I wish this had a USB port. I have to use a sprint card to get on line and don't think this has a place to plug it into. Or does it?

Sorry, according to Bestbuy you are SOL...

AlexD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AlexD

cNet review:

The good: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is a well-designed tablet with powerful speakers, a responsive screen, and comes with Android 4.0 installed.

The bad: At $400, the tablet is overpriced compared with more-powerful competing tablets that offer better features for around the same price. The tablet's dual-core CPU has trouble running large 1080p movies smoothly, and its screen color accuracy isn't as high as on the previous Tab 10.1.

The bottom line: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 comes up short in performance, features, and value compared with competing tablets.

ddarch88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddarch88

Is this model going to get KitKat?

AlexD

ddarch88 wrote:Is this model going to get KitKat?

Highly questionable! Honestly I don't think so. If you want upgradability you best go with a znexus tasblet. You most likely are stuck with whatever android version came with the tab.

AlexD

Wubintheya wrote:This is an okay deal not that great. You can get one on Amazon with free 2 day shipping, brand new with a full warranty for $85 more.

I agree! I had Kindle hd8.9 and Galaxy 10.1 and traded both for a Nexus 10 since most I do is watching movies which is the Galaxy's weak spot. The Nexus is more dineros but in a completely different league performance wise while the Kindle is not a tablet but and amazon.com purchasing device (good god!) and you will always get the newest Android version from Google

fuzi719

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fuzi719

This is a really great buy. My siblings and I got our parents a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 back in the spring. It has been perfect for their needs. It arrived with Android 4.1.1 JellyBean but a few months ago it was updated to 4.2.2. We paid $289 for just the tablet, this deal includes keyboard and dock for even less. I've not seen any problem with lag or slowness.

danbfas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danbfas
AlexD wrote:Highly questionable! Honestly I don't think so. If you want upgradability you best go with a znexus tasblet. You most likely are stuck with whatever android version came with the tab.

Don't know about Kit Kat. However, when I purchased this product last year at this time, it had Ice Cream Sandwich. It was upgraded to the initial Jelly Bean rollout, and has been upgraded again to the latest JB release. Can't complain about the upgrade pahtway.

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple

This is a solid feeling tablet. I've used it and we own the 7 inch version. Our Tab 2 - 7.0 has auto updated to Jelly Bean 4.2.2.

With a dual core CPU it is not a screamer but it isn't priced like a quad core CPU tablet either. It isn't snappy feeling but it works fine.

If you must have snappy, spend at least $80-100 more.

If you're in the market for a less expensive 10 inch tablet, the included docking station and keyboard make this interesting. That's probably $30-50 worth of stuff.

This can replace a laptop for traveling for most light uses while being lighter, more compact and having better battery life.

bluemaple

For only $10 more than the following Newegg deal, this Woot includes both the docking station and the Bluetooth keyboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131455

Note: Due to the holiday, Newegg has extended their normal 30-day replacement period to Jan 31, 2014.

cjbcpa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjbcpa

Not completely SOL. Samsung sells an adapter for their 30 pin jack that creates a USB port. I use it to plug in a wireless mouse dongle to turn the Tab into a lightweight laptop when I use a Bluetooth keyboard as well.

I believe there are 3rd party suppliers of similar adaptors that create a USB hub. Whether it will work with your device is another story.

tapntoes4life wrote:I wish this had a USB port. I have to use a sprint card to get on line and don't think this has a place to plug it into. Or does it?

jpolk1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpolk1

Is this tablet Verizon compatible for wireless service?

laurelbeard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laurelbeard
Wubintheya wrote:This is an okay deal not that great. You can get one on Amazon with free 2 day shipping, brand new with a full warranty for $85 more.

I checked but don't see one with the bundle like this one.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jpolk1 wrote:Is this tablet Verizon compatible for wireless service?

Wi-Fi connection only.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

true559

quality posts: 24 Private Messages true559
AlexD wrote:cNet review:

The good: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is a well-designed tablet with powerful speakers, a responsive screen, and comes with Android 4.0 installed.

The bad: At $400, the tablet is overpriced compared with more-powerful competing tablets that offer better features for around the same price. The tablet's dual-core CPU has trouble running large 1080p movies smoothly, and its screen color accuracy isn't as high as on the previous Tab 10.1.

The bottom line: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 comes up short in performance, features, and value compared with competing tablets.

Agreed. At this point in time a 1.0 GHz CPU is not impressive. Same for the screen resolution. For me this would be a downgrade.

copperweb32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages copperweb32

Anyone know how much RAM this has? 1G?...

laaskren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laaskren

Can this be used for gaming. My son likes minecraft and has taken over my toshiba L755 Satellite.

denbama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages denbama

Battery Life?

bankshotmcg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bankshotmcg
denbama wrote:Battery Life?

Pretty good -- 6.5 hours on video.

bigjaret

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigjaret
true559 wrote:Agreed. At this point in time a 1.0 GHz CPU is not impressive. Same for the screen resolution. For me this would be a downgrade.

scubalab

quality posts: 9 Private Messages scubalab

Don't know if this is EXACTLY the same tablet or not, but I think it is (just different color maybe) based on the specs and model number. If it is, have to question if the dock & keyboard Woot is offering is worth the extra $25.99...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-2-10.1-Tablet-with-16GB-Memory-Titanium-Silver-Refurbished/22098060

bigjaret

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigjaret
true559 wrote:Agreed. At this point in time a 1.0 GHz CPU is not impressive. Same for the screen resolution. For me this would be a downgrade.

This might be a good deal if it wasn't referbished. The tab 3 has 1.6 GHz and
Can buy new for 359 at Costco.

uptonlib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uptonlib

Can programs like Microsoft Word or Excel be used on this tablet?

kylelmccoy

quality posts: 13 Private Messages kylelmccoy

This is a great deal on an excellent larger tablet - My wife owns it and loves it. She's a real technophobe - but this tablet is easy to use and simply works! If the kid wanted an ipad for christmas - give him/her this and slap an apple sticker on the back.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

uptonlib wrote:Can programs like Microsoft Word or Excel be used on this tablet?

No, this runs the Android operating system. Microsoft Office apps do not run on Android.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bluemaple

@scubalab, I would think most folks would consider +$25 to be worth it for the keyboard + docking station.

... However, the more interesting thing over there at walmart.com for those ready to spend $265 on a refurb: they appear to have the Galaxy Note 10.1 refurb for $270. The Note is a much nicer model and I'd gladly give up the keyboard, docking station, and $5 for a Note.

+ quad core CPU vs dual in Tab 2.
+ 2 GB RAM vs 1.
+ the screen is designed to also be much friendlier for the included stylus on the Note.

scubalab wrote:Don't know if this is EXACTLY the same tablet or not, but I think it is (just different color maybe) based on the specs and model number. If it is, have to question if the dock & keyboard Woot is offering is worth the extra $25.99...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-2-10.1-Tablet-with-16GB-Memory-Titanium-Silver-Refurbished/22098060

kolme

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kolme
laaskren wrote:Can this be used for gaming. My son likes minecraft and has taken over my toshiba L755 Satellite.

There is an android version of Minecraft which will play on this tablet, but it will be a slightly different experience vs playing on a laptop, although they continue to update the minecraft app.

stevefout

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevefout
philgonet wrote:Sorry, according to Bestbuy you are SOL...

I believe you can buy a cable that connects to the charging connector and has a female USB port on the other end. I have a Tab 2 7.0 with a proprietary charging port and I have used such a cable many times over. Works like a charm.

stevefout

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevefout
cjbcpa wrote:Not completely SOL. Samsung sells an adapter for their 30 pin jack that creates a USB port. I use it to plug in a wireless mouse dongle to turn the Tab into a lightweight laptop when I use a Bluetooth keyboard as well.

I believe there are 3rd party suppliers of similar adaptors that create a USB hub. Whether it will work with your device is another story.

Correct! I posted something similarly.

bluemaple

uptonlib wrote:Can programs like Microsoft Word or Excel be used on this tablet?

@uptonlib, while there are Android apps that can work with MS Office files, if you really want MS Office functionality + tablet-like experience + keyboard.... and are willing to forego the Android App Stores then the following Windows RT unit for $299 might do the job. It even includes the RT version of Office Student.

Note that just about everyone except Microsoft has stopped producing RT units due to Microsoft confusing the market with RT since it is not the full Windows operating system.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/yoga/yoga-11/

irishspam

quality posts: 4 Private Messages irishspam

I love the samsung galaxy tab 2 line. I have used mine daily for 2 years with 0 problems. If it broke I would run out and buy anouther one with the only exception of possible buying the tab 3. Yes you can get cheaper tablets, yes you can get on paper better tablets but for my money the tab2 is the best bang for your buck by far.

dj

powelldavid6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powelldavid6

If you have Office 365 you can get mobile apps for any Android operating device w/ ICS or above.