pamenglish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pamenglish
thrawndude wrote:I've owned these headphones for over a year now after buying them at Best Buy. They haven't made my ears sweaty, even with hours upon hours of continued usage. The one thing that I can complain about the fit is that they compress my ears a little bit (but that comes with having an abnormally large cranium).

As far as value goes, these are fantastic! Great sound quality and the in-line controls are great. The biggest drawback on these is that the hinge on the earpieces can get stained and snap under extremely extensive usage.

Definitely worth the $50!

pamenglish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pamenglish

Do these work on a Windows computer as well as iPhone?

aarondr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aarondr
pamenglish wrote:Do these work on a Windows computer as well as iPhone?

They work as headphones. If you have a MacBook - they actually will control volume and play/pause itunes, etc just like the iphone. I don't know of any computers that use AHJ, nor anything that would split to dual 3.5mm plugs.

dersquisher

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dersquisher
knightru wrote:I have been looking for over the ear headphones that didn't break the bank. How would these compare to these headphones (also $50) - Audio-Technica ATH-M30

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M30-Professional-Closed-back-Headphones/dp/B00007E7C8/ref=zg_bs_musical-instruments_price

Here are some opinions that I dug up, though they don't compare side by side to the Klipsch:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/21860/audiotechnica-ath-m30s

Reviews for the Klipsch: http://www.head-fi.org/t/563972/klipsch-image-one-opinions. My summary from that discussion is: Heavy in base. Worth about $50, but not more.

gwilks98

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gwilks98
OldMatador wrote:You shouldn't be. I have the HD 380 Pro as well. Best headphones I've ever owned. I sense these would be a step down... Unless you need good traveling headphones (I have Sennheiser HD 428 headphones for travel, so I already have that covered).

You say that, but the 380s aren't without their problems. I've plugged them into my AVR to play games and I'm just not impressed with the sound quality. I think they are far better for music.
The curly cord isn't friendly at all, save entanglement issues and durability benefits. For example, the cord likes to get under my forearms while typing at my desk and it's a bit of a false length, because as the cord length stretches, it pulls on your headphones.
Also, the 380s could really benefit from some extra amplification to fully use them.

So yeah, the Klipsch may be a step down in quality, but if the inline controls work with my phone and are a bit more comfortable, for $50 why not?

Edbert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Edbert

Well since nobody could say if these came with a PC-style (dual plug green/pink) adapter or not I went in for a pair anyway. Can always grab an adapter if I need one [http://www.accessorywiz.com/headset-adapter-converts-plug-to-dual-mic-audio-for-apple-iphone-3g.html

wootykat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootykat

Do these have to be used with apple products? Need some to use with computer.

andysexton

quality posts: 5 Private Messages andysexton
fuzi719 wrote:I could be wrong, but I'm guessing no. I bought some other high-quality phones that had iPhone/iPod/iPad controls/mic. While the audio worked perfectly, the mic and controls did NOT work on my HTC Android phone. I plugged them into a friend's iPhone and they worked fine. So, I sold them to him and bought some Beats that have Android compatible controls.

I have multiple Klipsch IEMs, and all them work on Android. The play/pause button and the mic at least. The other transport controls will not work.

That's generally the rule across the board on these "iOS" headphone mics and controls. The play/pause and mic work, the forward/rewind won't. Not sure why you had a problem with whatever you had before.

dogcatbird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dogcatbird

Go To Bose website. You can get replacement ear pieces.

idamann wrote:just to be sure, these are NOT noise-cancelling correct?

My Bose set is plenty comfortable, but the earpieces are showing their age since the only time I wear them are outside when mowing(In Florida) and usually that's about 5 hours at a time to mow the whole property.

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime
Klipsch Image ONE On-Ear Headphones

Am I the only one that thinks this description makes it sound like this is a headphone that only goes on one ear?

woopdedoo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo
HomerTime wrote:Am I the only one that thinks this description makes it sound like this is a headphone that only goes on one ear?

apparently so

knightru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knightru
dersquisher wrote:Here are some opinions that I dug up, though they don't compare side by side to the Klipsch:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/21860/audiotechnica-ath-m30s

Reviews for the Klipsch: http://www.head-fi.org/t/563972/klipsch-image-one-opinions. My summary from that discussion is: Heavy in base. Worth about $50, but not more.

Thanks. I decided to go for it.

GermanColumnsRock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GermanColumnsRock

Do these work like the noise cancelling head phones and if I crank it up will everybody else in the room here. Was thinking about getting them for work.

foolknuckle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages foolknuckle

I listened to these at Best Buy and they were better than or really close to the SONY MDR-X05's. They were out, so I bought the Sony's, but now I will snap these up and take them back.

aarondr

GermanColumnsRock wrote:Do these work like the noise cancelling head phones and if I crank it up will everybody else in the room here. Was thinking about getting them for work.

Noise cancelling - no. These are only isolating - e.g. they seal pretty good against your ear preventing both sound leakage as well as blocking most outside sounds. I have the first gen, and the noise leakage is minimal even at high volumes (until you take them off your head - then they're like mini speakers). Isolation is hit or miss - won't do much on an aircraft, but does a decent enough job in an office setting.

knightmarcus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages knightmarcus

How are these for big headed people are they the kind that squeeze, hurt or pinch your head?

carriward

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carriward

Wondering if they work with the Kindle Fire HDX? I have absolutely no experience with headphones and need to get some for my children and their Kindles. I read the comments and description...Any help is greatly appreciated

carri ward

jjccrv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jjccrv

glad i'm not the only one who has loads of headphones

aarondr

carriward wrote:Wondering if they work with the Kindle Fire HDX? I have absolutely no experience with headphones and need to get some for my children and their Kindles. I read the comments and description...Any help is greatly appreciated

These will work just like any headphones. I don't think the Kindle Fire's have AHJ's (American Headset Jack), so it will just be a very nice sounding set of headphones. The buttons won't do a thing.

wuapinmon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wuapinmon
idamann wrote:

My Bose set is plenty comfortable, but the earpieces are showing their age since the only time I wear them are outside when mowing(In Florida) and usually that's about 5 hours at a time to mow the whole property.

Nice humblebrag. Property so big it takes FIVE HOURS to cut, and you have Bose headphones.

aarondr

For anyone interested - the extra connector on the 3.5mm jack is technically an American Headset Jack standard which Apple really popularized. The extra conductor uses various resistances to determine functions of the buttons. Most Android devices can pick up on the main button's press (pass though ground), but the volume up/down won't work due to a patent Apple holds. This forum post covers it pretty well http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1214737 for some interesting info.

Basic long and short - if you want the volume buttons to work - use an idevice. Otherwise if it's android you probably will get the mic and play/pause button to work (depends on manufacturer, but my Nexus 4, previous Galaxy Nexus, and even a Nokia Lumia 900 worked). In any standard 3.5mm headphone jack it'll work just like any old pair of headphones.

The only instance it might have problems if you had an old Nokia phone from mid last decade with an OMTP jack.

bek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bek

Looks like a quality product, and my Klipsch Legend speakers were amazing back in the day. I just really hate that everything is so Apple-crazy these days.

lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

Still considering buying a pair of these...

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

Quite a bit more expensive on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image-ONE-Earphones-3-Button/dp/B0043M9AU2

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

Just my luck, need on head earphones

bek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bek
lrgraham14 wrote:Quite a bit more expensive on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image-ONE-Earphones-3-Button/dp/B0043M9AU2

You should never use Amazon as a yardstick, since Amazon owns Woot. No doubt they are pricing items lower on Woot just to blow it out.

dewahba

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dewahba

take them off and pay attention to the wife for Pete's sake

corvettejoe wrote:I bought the 1st gen versions of these last time they were on woot (same price) for the wife. I was SOOO impressed with them, that the next time woot had them on sale again, I bought a pair for myself.

I usually use them for falling asleep to, laying on one side night after night and they haven't crushed or broken. I use them for drumming too, the pads are able to keep a ton of the harsh noise out while still letting me be able to listen to music to drum to.

I use them on my iPhone, but right before I got them, I still had an android phone and the volume/pause controls worked just fine on it too.

They are amazing headphones. Clear highs, rich lows, nothing sounds muddled at all.

I would only hope the Gen 2 versions of these are even better.

At $50, these are an absolute steal. Forget the name "beats" and buy a few sets of these instead.

aarondr

dewahba wrote:take them off and pay attention to the wife for Pete's sake

He never said he wasn't ;-) Just that he and his wife have matching pairs and he falls asleep with them on. To me that speaks to some true durability.

Bonus - the cord is relatively long too.

apctek1998

quality posts: 6 Private Messages apctek1998

paid for 2 day shipping and has been 2 days. no show and not even shipped yet. I keep forgetting why this place sucks

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

apctek1998 wrote:paid for 2 day shipping and has been 2 days. no show and not even shipped yet. I keep forgetting why this place sucks

Very sorry to hear that you haven't received your order (even when you selected two-day delivery).
I can forward your order onto Woot Member Services and see if I can find you a resolve.
I recommend that you also write into WMS at support@woot.com and let them know you still have received your order. They should be able to help remedy this issue.

Thank you for your patience during this matter.

hahnarelli

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hahnarelli

I just got mine today. Holy crap am I in love! These sound fantastic. They are extremely comfortable and the case should protect them as they bang around in my backpack.

Thanks, Woot! It's because of moments of joy like this, I'm proud to say I have been wooting for 9 years.

rooooob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rooooob

i've just got mine today as well, man what a difference of regular (cheap) headphones, so glad i got this great offer, love them!