Pinksloth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pinksloth

Thank you Wooters for the lively discussion. I was just about to hit the buy button until I read your messages...I think I'll wait for the paperback edition.

tindios

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tindios
pquirk777 wrote:It's not Google being cheap, it's their Nexus strategy. None of the current Nexus devices have SD slots because Google wants you in the cloud.

I've read this countless times and it is a company strategy... Ugh. Which is why I'm waiting for the Nexus 7" 64GB to upgrade my current Nexus 32GB.

And for those that say, go HiSense, Nook, or Samsung, the Nexus is THE defacto Android machine. Google "made it", they market it, they support it. If Google decides to take the Android OS in any other direction that might make older tablets not work, they will try to look out for the Nexus base, and not worry about the others. The Nexus also gets updates first and does NOT need to be rooted to be a very nice tablet. The others can be nice machines, but it's not as automatic as it is with the Nexus.

My one HUGE complaint was that to attach the OTG cable and use an external memory stick you used to need to root your device. I am one of those that don't care about rooting and DON'T want to do it. However, the other day I found this at the play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.homeysoft.nexususb.importer

And it works flawlessly!! I hooked up a 64 GB SD that had movies on it and was able to watch them without rooting my device!

That being said I HATE that I need some stupid dangling cable on the tablet. However, I understand the Google philosophy on not having an SD slot, so if I were to go on a long trip and have more movies than the 32GB could normally hold, this is an "acceptable" short term solution.

Again, I really want a 64GB Nexus 7" (2013 model) and hopefully they will come around. However, until they do that, this will work and keeps me on the product that is best supported by Google.

Oh, and my personal recommendation would be to AVOID the 16GB version unless you are only reading. Apps CANNOT be installed on a SD card on any Android system, and Google is very unlikely to change this. On my Nexus, my largest 3 apps take up 8GB alone!!! So those that say "16GB is enough" either don't know what they are talking about or don't use their tablet for anything other than streaming and books. And streaming sucks as it is not available everywhere, so depending on it to make a smaller storage size work is a stupid strategy.

scott4381

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scott4381

Hmm that's funny, I have several apps installed on my external SD card...

tindios wrote:I've read this countless times and it is a company strategy... Ugh. Which is why I'm waiting for the Nexus 7" 64GB to upgrade my current Nexus 32GB.

And for those that say, go HiSense, Nook, or Samsung, the Nexus is THE defacto Android machine. Google "made it", they market it, they support it. If Google decides to take the Android OS in any other direction that might make older tablets not work, they will try to look out for the Nexus base, and not worry about the others. The Nexus also gets updates first and does NOT need to be rooted to be a very nice tablet. The others can be nice machines, but it's not as automatic as it is with the Nexus.

My one HUGE complaint was that to attach the OTG cable and use an external memory stick you used to need to root your device. I am one of those that don't care about rooting and DON'T want to do it. However, the other day I found this at the play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.homeysoft.nexususb.importer

And it works flawlessly!! I hooked up a 64 GB SD that had movies on it and was able to watch them without rooting my device!

That being said I HATE that I need some stupid dangling cable on the tablet. However, I understand the Google philosophy on not having an SD slot, so if I were to go on a long trip and have more movies than the 32GB could normally hold, this is an "acceptable" short term solution.

Again, I really want a 64GB Nexus 7" (2013 model) and hopefully they will come around. However, until they do that, this will work and keeps me on the product that is best supported by Google.

Oh, and my personal recommendation would be to AVOID the 16GB version unless you are only reading. Apps CANNOT be installed on a SD card on any Android system, and Google is very unlikely to change this. On my Nexus, my largest 3 apps take up 8GB alone!!! So those that say "16GB is enough" either don't know what they are talking about or don't use their tablet for anything other than streaming and books. And streaming sucks as it is not available everywhere, so depending on it to make a smaller storage size work is a stupid strategy.

mrsbrock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsbrock

I'm thinking about this for my 9yo for Christmas. He wants an iPod or a Kindle, but this is less expensive. I assume he wants it mainly for minecraft. Any opinions about whether this is the best option?

emflah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emflah
pquirk777 wrote:It's not Google being cheap, it's their Nexus strategy. None of the current Nexus devices have SD slots because Google wants you in the cloud.

The Nexus 7 dies act like a USB host, that you can get a adaptor and use a jump drive or physical keyboard with it. I'll load a season show on a drive and keep tablet for games etc.

tindios

mrsbrock wrote:I'm thinking about this for my 9yo for Christmas. He wants an iPod or a Kindle, but this is less expensive. I assume he wants it mainly for minecraft. Any opinions about whether this is the best option?

This is better than a Kindle, has a larger screen than an iPod, and is definitely cheaper than an iPad mini.

That being said, Android games SUCK compared to IOS game versions. Anyone that says otherwise has not played games on both devices.

Quick examples:
Plants vs. Zombies - On Android it's the shadow of a game, no mini games and not even close to as good as the IOS port. IOS version is just like the PC game version.

Plants Vs. Zombies 2 - Not even AVAILABLE for Android.

Snoopy Street Fair - Android version has perhaps 1/3 the content of the IOS game. Sure it's playable, but sucks compared to the IOS version. You can buy the Lemonade stand, but there is no Lemon tree to give you a bonus! And where is the Lemonade stand game on the Android version??? Oh yeah, it doesn't exist!!(Among a TON of other things!!!)

The list goes on and one, but these are three that just tick me off daily as my wife and daughter play them and I cannot at the same level.

I'm not sure about Minecraft, but suspect it may be the case. You may want to ask around to see if the Android version is the same as the full version.

Another major note; IOS forces games to be "playable" without spending money on in app purchases or they will be dropped from the Apple store. So the IOS versions of these games provide you with more resources and ways to get "special money".

For example; on Snoopy Street fair, each time you play 5 days in a row you get 5 Snoopy Bucks (which you use to buy "better" content). Or you can watch commercials to earn bucks (usually around 1 buck per 30 second commercial you view)

On the Android version... Go pound sand!!! You want Snoopy bucks, you get 2 a level, OR you can BUY them for real money!!

Same thing for Jurassic Park Builder. IOS version you can "earn" bucks by watching videos or installing apps. On the Android version, you need to spend cold hard CASH!

And it's not just these two apps, it's most of them. Android's, "we could care less if developers fleece you" attitude sucks and is just another major reason why IOS beats Android every day and twice on Sunday. Anyone that says otherwise is just a Fandroid.

russwjohns

quality posts: 16 Private Messages russwjohns
tindios wrote:I was one of those that picked up the BRAND NEW 32GB Nexus that Gamestop had for $99 Even though Gamestop sold all of it's stock in hours, there are stories all over of people using the Gamestop liquidation sale to get price matches from Walmart, Sears, and Staples so I would try that before I went the refurb route.

BUT and YMMV, Not in stock means no price match ;7(

tindios

russwjohns wrote:BUT and YMMV, Not in stock means no price match ;7(

Agree; there are MANY stories of people getting rejected at other stores trying to price match as it was an amazing sale.

However, many other stories of people still getting the deal even as late as last night. There are also stories of people getting rejected by one manager only to have another later on accept it at the same store.

I have read that it was a price mistake and GS meant to sell the 16GB for $99 and not the 32 GB version.

Whatever the truth, the point still stands, at $129/$149 it's not even as good as the recurring ebay deals for the 32GB at $139 or Walmart's 16GB for $79. (Also NCIX.com had the 32 GB refurb for sale for $99 yesterday for about 30 minutes till they ran out)

This is overpriced compared to what others are selling if for at this time, so I would look elsewhere.

slowburn84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slowburn84
haywardk wrote:Yeah if you don't mind carrying around yet another gadget. And bet that drive is much more pricey than a large SD card and how long does its power last plus size/weight

Plus it ties up your WiFi connection, so you couldn't DL or browse (w/floating window apps) something while streaming something from it.

I have had this tablet since they were first introduced and can say without a doubt this is not an issue. I have a abysmal internet connection as i am in the rural UK and i can stream movies and music while browsing no problem.

slowburn84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slowburn84
tindios wrote:This is better than a Kindle, has a larger screen than an iPod, and is definitely cheaper than an iPad mini.

That being said, Android games SUCK compared to IOS game versions. Anyone that says otherwise has not played games on both devices.

Quick examples:
Plants vs. Zombies - On Android it's the shadow of a game, no mini games and not even close to as good as the IOS port. IOS version is just like the PC game version.

Snoopy Street Fair - Android version has perhaps 1/3 the content of the IOS game. Sure it's playable, but sucks compared to the IOS version. You can buy the Lemonade stand, but there is no Lemon tree to give you a bonus! And where is the Lemonade stand game on the Android version??? Oh yeah, it doesn't exist!!(Among a TON of other things!!!)

The list goes on and one, but these are three that just tick me off daily as my wife and daughter play them and I cannot at the same level.

I'm not sure about Minecraft, but suspect it may be the case. You may want to ask around to see if the Android version is the same as the full version.

Another major note; IOS forces games to be "playable" without spending money on in app purchases or they will be dropped from the Apple store. So the IOS versions of these games provide you with more resources and ways to get "special money".

For example; on Snoopy Street fair, each time you play 5 days in a row you get 5 Snoopy Bucks (which you use to buy "better" content). Or you can watch commercials to earn bucks (usually around 1 buck per 30 second commercial you view)

On the Android version... Go pound sand!!! You want Snoopy bucks, you get 2 a level, OR you can BUY them for real money!!

Same thing for Jurassic Park Builder. IOS version you can "earn" bucks by watching videos or installing apps. On the Android version, you need to spend cold hard CASH!

And it's not just these two apps, it's most of them. Android's, "we could care less if developers fleece you" attitude sucks and is just another major reason why IOS beats Android every day and twice on Sunday. Anyone that says otherwise is just a Fandroid.

I have owned both companies devices and I understand that some of the apps arent quite the same but i have had zero issues trying to find fun games to play on android for free and i mean completely free no upfront cost or in app purchase required. Also the amount of customization possible far outweighs ios which is what led me to android to begin with. And for the price theirs no question.

Brittewater

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Brittewater

there's a lot of complaining about lack of microSD capability. I used to be like that. Yeah, it can be annoying, but that's the reason it's so cheap. They don't have to pay patent license fees for the MicroSD slot (along with forcing the cloud)

It shouldn't be a deal breaker, especially on this tablet, because it supports OTG. get a $2 cable and now you can plug in a USB hub and connect harddrives, flash drives, mice and keyboards galore.

I did this to my mazda 3

it currently has a flash drive plugged in, USB DAC to go to my amp, a USB controller to retain stock steering wheel controls and a free USB port to add another hard drive or flash drive

ruddyadam

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ruddyadam
DotX wrote:Hisense Sero 7 PRO

Rather similar guts to this Nexus 7, plus a micro SD slot and mini HDMI output and rear-facing camera.

Biggest downside? only available at VoldeMart. Otherwise, quite the peppy little alternative.

Reading / writing this from my sero 7 pro, and yes, this is a great device!

there are 10 types of people in the world...

inirons

quality posts: 3 Private Messages inirons
Brittewater wrote:there's a lot of complaining about lack of microSD capability. I used to be like that. Yeah, it can be annoying, but that's the reason it's so cheap. They don't have to pay patent license fees for the MicroSD slot (along with forcing the cloud)

It shouldn't be a deal breaker, especially on this tablet, because it supports OTG. get a $2 cable and now you can plug in a USB hub and connect harddrives, flash drives, mice and keyboards galore.

I did this to my mazda 3

it currently has a flash drive plugged in, USB DAC to go to my amp, a USB controller to retain stock steering wheel controls and a free USB port to add another hard drive or flash drive

Very sweet and nice integration on the mazda!

tindios

slowburn84 wrote:I have owned both companies devices and I understand that some of the apps arent quite the same but i have had zero issues trying to find fun games to play on android for free and i mean completely free no upfront cost or in app purchase required. Also the amount of customization possible far outweighs ios which is what led me to android to begin with. And for the price theirs no question.

I still own both and free games up front is not an issue on either system. There are thousands of "free games". However, on many to make them "playable", you need to spend real money on Android and NOT on IOS... Which is a huge issue!

And games "aren't quite the same"??? That's like saying a Ferrari and a Yugo aren't quite the same. Yeah they are both cars, but one is awesome and performs well, the other sucks. You may own both versions, but you obviously don't bother to look at the differences that make the Android version inferior.

And price, sure Android devices are generally cheaper. But I have seen hundreds of times where on IOS the game is Free or $.99 and on Android it's $3.22 or some other crazy price. So yes, you can buy the device cheaper, but then you die of a thousand cuts on apps. Real world example: Life (by EA Games) $4.99 on Android, got if for FREE on IOS!! Sure it was a sale for free, but the Android version rarely goes on sale and when it does it's like $2.99!

Customization?? (I keep hearing that as an excuse.) Please give me one real world example where you having a different launcher or whatever that makes it worth having the Android version of Snoopy Street fair (or any of the other 1000's of games) SUCK compared to the IOS version?

What exactly are you in need of customizing on the Nexus that makes it so much better than the stock Android? (and please don't say Widgets... they just suck and I almost NEVER get to the page I set up with them and then never use them.. ugh!)

woottoady

quality posts: 34 Private Messages woottoady
Brittewater wrote:
I did this to my mazda 3

You gotta a video to share of this install?

sprousehouse

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sprousehouse

This is a great item to see on Woot, but I'm missing the "deal"... I'm looking at Wallyworld selling the same thing, but brand new, right now for only $10 more with free shipping. I have a GStop add that I can use to pricematch at $99. Woot, if it were less and looked like a "deal" I'd jump, but at the moment, this seems like simply the going price for these.

scubalab

quality posts: 9 Private Messages scubalab

This tablet is very solid! This price is just OK...

Yeah, I was one of the lucky ones to get a Staples price match last week. And yes, I understand that even though Gamestop's website still shows a store or two within 100 miles having 'low stock', it's becoming less likely to get others to price match.

What I do find interesting is that the Gamestop 'Deal' was a popular deal on Deals.woot for about a week, and then mysteriously disappeared yesterday! Seriously - try searching for it - it's GONE and never existed. I even put the link in from my computer's history and I get the "hmmm... we can't find that deal" page from woot! It was there for about a week; I was tracking the comments on it. Is it a coincidence that Woot! made it disappear the day before this sale comes up?!? Hmm, very interesting!

That said, this is still a better deal than any new prices out there (generally $20 - $30 lower than new) RIGHT NOW. But with holiday sales coming up, I'd expect prices to continue to remain competitive if not drop much lower. So, if you missed the Gamestop sale, this would be the next best thing. I wouldn't bat an eye at the fact that it's recertified. Just wish the woot sales were as good deals as they used to be, and weren't as qestionably shady (with the deleting of the other deal yesterday).

One nice thing we found for this tablet is a docking keyboard/case for both 2012 and 2013 models:

http://www.amazon.com/MiniSuit-Nexus-Bluetooth-Keyboard-Rubberized/dp/B009WSCW4S

edmcguirk

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edmcguirk

You can try to compare last year's Nexus 7 to various cheap current tablets like the Hisense but most of the cheap tablets are missing features.

They may have cameras or SD ports that the Nexus lacks but I can't find any mention of GPS on the Hisense reviews.

I find GPS missing on many of the under $100 tablets. Some are missing bluetooth.

If you want to compare Nexus to cheap tablets, know which features you will use and read the specs carefully.

Geniekid

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Geniekid
Edurne wrote:Agreed. I just ordered a brand new Samsung Galaxy 3 - 8" (with SD slot of course) for $257 and free shipping. The deal is posted over on Deal's Woot

Yep. That's why I bought the Asus TF700 from Woot a week ago. If the Nexus tablets had SD slots, there would be absolutely no question about it, but that tiny feature is a deal breaker for many of us it seems.

edmcguirk

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edmcguirk
scubalab wrote:This tablet is very solid! This price is just OK...

One nice thing we found for this tablet is a docking keyboard/case for both 2012 and 2013 models:

http://www.amazon.com/MiniSuit-Nexus-Bluetooth-Keyboard-Rubberized/dp/B009WSCW4S

I bought that keyboard and there are two versions of the keyboard. One has a TAB key and one does not. It's probably not a big deal but I wanted the TAB key and could not get it after several attempts even though that was the keyboard pictured on Amazon.

I bought the keyboard for my father's old Nexus 7 and it fit perfectly to make a very nice case and very functional keyboard. I have not tried his keyboard on my new Nexus 7 but I find it hard to believe it would fit as nicely on my new Nexus 7 because the size is slightly different.

billthegunowner

quality posts: 17 Private Messages billthegunowner

My head feels like it's in the clouds all the time.

Bill

dennwhite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dennwhite
yprasannas wrote:Yesterday I got it from staples...

new 16GB for $149

http://www.staples.com/Nexus-7-Google-Nexus-7-Tablet-16GB/product_949231

Go back to Staples. They should price match Game Play at $99.00.

mbrickell

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mbrickell
Brittewater wrote:there's a lot of complaining about lack of microSD capability. I used to be like that. Yeah, it can be annoying, but that's the reason it's so cheap. They don't have to pay patent license fees for the MicroSD slot (along with forcing the cloud)

I did this to my mazda 3

Nice. +1 point for driving a stick shift.

dennwhite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dennwhite
yprasannas wrote:Yesterday I got it from staples...

new 16GB for $149

http://www.staples.com/Nexus-7-Google-Nexus-7-Tablet-16GB/product_949231

You should go back to Staples. They should price match Game Stop at $99.00

scubalab

quality posts: 9 Private Messages scubalab
edmcguirk wrote:I bought that keyboard and there are two versions of the keyboard. One has a TAB key and one does not. It's probably not a big deal but I wanted the TAB key and could not get it after several attempts even though that was the keyboard pictured on Amazon.

I bought the keyboard for my father's old Nexus 7 and it fit perfectly to make a very nice case and very functional keyboard. I have not tried his keyboard on my new Nexus 7 but I find it hard to believe it would fit as nicely on my new Nexus 7 because the size is slightly different.

Thanks for the advice! We didn't order the keyboard/case yet, but are going to. I was reading in the comments on Amazon for the keyboard that the the supplier now has the new version of the keyboards WITH the TAB key as well as another upgrade. Apparently, there was some sort of magnetic switch that caused the tablet to 'sleep' when docked and several people figured a work around. The supplier apparently 'heard' the complaints and upgraded the keyboard to NOT cause the tablet to sleep. (Since I don't have the keyboard yet, and am just going from memory of the comments I read, please pardon my mis-speak if I've done so!)

Also, did you see that there are two versions to choose from on Amazon? One for the 2012 model Nexus 7, and one for the 2013 model. Perhaps the 2013 version fits the current Nexus 7 better than the 2012 version...

Again, thanks for the advice!

gfmack13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gfmack13

I bought one of these last time they were offered. It was a great product but crapped out after about a month. It won't turn on and none of the tips that I have found for a reset have worked.

FishGuts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FishGuts
dfran1 wrote:for a 7" tablet and only 1 gig ram
32 gig version should be no more than $99
16 gig version should be no more than $75
and less for refurbs!!

This is not a deal at all!!!!

If it were 2 gig ram than yes but 1 gig ram NO stay away, they will come down

Thank you, holding out hope over the next few weeks

rampo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rampo
gfmack13 wrote:It won't turn on and none of the tips that I have found for a reset have worked.

If it's still under warranty, contact Asus. My 32gb Nexus (bought from Staples for $180 back in July) got hung up on the "booting X" after an update so I contacted Asus & they had me send it to them. It came back a couple weeks later & has been working fine ever since. The Nexus doesn't tick everyone's boxes, but I took it with me on a 3 week trip to Asia & it was my go-to device for ereader, email, videos, Netflix (via VPN),Slingplayer & Skype.

joecooool

quality posts: 24 Private Messages joecooool

I have the 8 gb wifi only version I bought at the launch last year. I use it for about an hour or two a day and have over 100 apps running on it. It works very well. I have notices a spot of bad pixels that recently popped up but its only noticeable when the screen is completely dark. I would recommend this buy.

kfurrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kfurrow

Which is why I no longer buy Nexus products. There's no reasonable "cloud" on the bus, the train, an airplane, at the beach, camping, etc. Besides, moving gigabytes around is tedious. I find ~96 GBytes of local storage to be satisfactory at this time.

behappi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages behappi
DotX wrote:Hisense Sero 7 PRO

Rather similar guts to this Nexus 7, plus a micro SD slot and mini HDMI output and rear-facing camera.

Biggest downside? only available at VoldeMart. Otherwise, quite the peppy little alternative.

Being a first time Tablet owner and after much research...I purchased the same Hisense at Wally World for $129. It has decent front/rear cameras, sd card slot, 4 gig internal memory. I am not one bit disappointed with my purchase.

passport531

quality posts: 0 Private Messages passport531
russwjohns wrote:Woot price for this refurb is "somewhat" competitive, for example see over at the the egg

However the new Nexus 7 has the highest rez screen for those who care and wish to Dare to Compare

Even with a "faster" cpu but poorer battery life (more pixels to activate, right?) and the addition of a rear camera and a HDMI output, the newly released Nexus 7 still doesn't support a memory expansion port to go along with its newer JellyBean 4.3 OS.

Still this Woot offering is much, much better than the Polaroids offered earlier.

However, if you like these refurbed Nexus 7's, you might like the HiSense Sero 7 Pro sold at wallymart, yet another factory refurb for $99.99 and it has all the same features as these Nexus 7's plus MicroSD expandibility, HDMI output, equivalent screen rez, JellyBean rootable Android OS, and simply more bang for your buck. Oh, and did I forget to mention, supports GooglePlay? Want a longer warranty, then buy the same items new in retail packaging for $129.99 and wally even has a cheap extended plan.

HiSense only has 8 gb of storage

kayakernc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kayakernc
passport531 wrote:HiSense only has 8 gb of storage

8GB on-board storage memory, additional memory via microSD card slot.

bankshotmcg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bankshotmcg

If you just want a tablet that meets these specs, the Asus MeMo pad matches or exceeds it for the same price, including on some key points: better processor, second, higher-quality camera, and an SD slot.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E0EY7Z6/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item

However, an extra 16gb for $20 is nothing to sneeze at, so maybe the differences matter less if you just want something that will let you email and listen to your music. In that case, go for the 32gb. That's the real deal here.

pgould98

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pgould98
tindios wrote:

Quick examples:

I think you need to check your information. I'm playing PvZ2 on my Android tablet right now. Came out a few weeks ago. Yeah, a bit later than iOS, but definitely worth the wait. And so far I haven't seen any differences between the two versions.

And the PvZ (Amazon Kindle Edition) my son is playing on his Kindle has all sorts of mini games. So they have been ported to Android, just not on the generally available version for generic devices.

Never heard of/seen the Snoopy game you mentioned so can't comment on that.

I've been quite happy with games on Android. Yes there are some differences between the offerings for Android vs. iOS, but then I like variety.

captkickass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captkickass

I can't find anything with a quad-core processor, that price-wise, comes close to this other than a Hisense refurb for $99 from voldemart.

El Marko

quality posts: 8 Private Messages El Marko

Been looking at these and also the 2nd generation Nexus 7. However, about to pull the trigger on a Nook HD, which has a better screen, full (new) warranty, full access to Google Play and only $129 for the 16gb version. Has a SD card port too.

joecooool

werdwerdus wrote:Android 4.4 KitKat available for Nexus 7 http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/12/android-4-4-kitkat-nexus-7-nexus-10/

Still waiting for mine to update. Not yet.

joecooool

El Marko wrote:Been looking at these and also the 2nd generation Nexus 7. However, about to pull the trigger on a Nook HD, which has a better screen, full (new) warranty, full access to Google Play and only $129 for the 16gb version. Has a SD card port too.

Nook only has a dual core processor. The Nexus 7 has a quad core processor.

renieri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renieri
pquirk777 wrote:Yes. http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Bamboo-Samsung-Windows-Tablets/dp/B00BVUQZZ2/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1384412405&sr=8-9&keywords=pressure+sensitive+tablet+stylus

Do NOT buy this for use with a Nexus 7 tablet. It is made specifically to work with Wacom compatible devices and will not work with a Nexus 7. If you read the amazon reviews a purchaser even tested it to make sure with zero response.