quality posts: 2663 Private Messages lichme

Item: Turtle Beach Wireless Gaming Headsets
Price: $79.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Refurbished

Search Amazon Search Google

catwoman999

quality posts: 20 Private Messages catwoman999

We have been using Turtle Beach headsets for quite some time, and they have been better than the other brands we have tried.

I think they are a good value. The quality is very good, but the prices are reasonable.

hex000000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hex000000

But will it support PS4? If someone is getting one and has the PX5 to test it I'd appreciate it

LordBling

quality posts: 4 Private Messages LordBling
hex000000 wrote:But will it support PS4? If someone is getting one and has the PX5 to test it I'd appreciate it

You'll need a first-party adapter, which doesn't exist yet. So the timing on this Woot isn't ideal.

hex000000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hex000000
LordBling wrote:You'll need a first-party adapter, which doesn't exist yet. So the timing on this Woot isn't ideal.

but it seems to have optical in so it should work anyhow?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3124 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's check out the product page for the PX5

and

Some pretty good reviews (4.3 out of 5.0) on the PX5 over at bhphotovideo.com

RPorter1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RPorter1

This is one of the times that they cutesy woot copy writing is really driving me crazy. Why does it have to be devoid of any meaningful information? Can you at least hint at what the difference between the two is so I don't have to go line by line on the specs?

kolme

quality posts: 11 Private Messages kolme

Just a note about the PX5 wireless headset here. It uses an 2.4RF transmitter. This CAN be problematic for some due to interference. The likelihood is greater for someone in an apartment complex, and less for someone in their own house although it is dependent upon the wireless traffic. In reality, 1 router alone could cause interference and additionally, the transmitter can actually interfere with your wifi. This is a somewhat common issue amongst RF headphones such as the PX5. The interference varies though, and I for instance live in an apartment and get away with fairly minimal interference. Still, I will probably grab a wired headset next time im in the market.

Just wanted to chime in about this issue which is often discussed too late.

xyrcncp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xyrcncp
hex000000 wrote:but it seems to have optical in so it should work anyhow?

Based on this: http://www.turtlebeach.com/assets/products/51/PX5%20User%20Guide-web.pdf

and since the PS4 has an optical out AND Bluetooth, I would think the Turtle Beach PS3 instructions for this headset apply to the PS4 as well.

MosquitoControl

quality posts: 14 Private Messages MosquitoControl

The microphone function does not currently work on the PS4. Sony is claiming that Bluetooth mic support is coming. Is it? When? Who knows. Probably around the time the Emotion Engine changes video games as we know them.

It doesn't work on the Xbone, either. Microsoft is releasing a physical adapter to fix this. When? Who knows. How much? Given what they charge for a 250GB HDD on the 360... one million dollars.

Clement30

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Clement30

hatsix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hatsix
kolme wrote:Just a note about the PX5 wireless headset here. It uses an 2.4RF transmitter. This CAN be problematic for some due to interference. The likelihood is greater for someone in an apartment complex, and less for someone in their own house although it is dependent upon the wireless traffic. In reality, 1 router alone could cause interference and additionally, the transmitter can actually interfere with your wifi. This is a somewhat common issue amongst RF headphones such as the PX5. The interference varies though, and I for instance live in an apartment and get away with fairly minimal interference. Still, I will probably grab a wired headset next time im in the market.

Just wanted to chime in about this issue which is often discussed too late.

I also experienced issues with interference. My stereo had wireless satellite speakers, and I ended up having to unplug the wireless component completely. My router is about 10 ft further away than the headphone receiver, and I haven't had any issues with that, or any issues with my wireless controllers or bluetooth devices.

Other than that, it's fantastic. I bought it full-price two years ago, and it was worth every penny. It doesn't like worn-down rechargeable batteries much... (about 1.1v and they shut down). Get a nice set of batteries to go with these and they'll probably have about the same life cycle.

zippyts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zippyts

Can you use this on pc and still get 5.1/7.1 and mic if you have usb dongle?

anamya

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anamya

Are there two Ear Force Bravo versions? The new ones I can find are black and and 179.99, so I am trying to determine if there is a difference in specs. That much of a price cut seems to be too good to be true. It does take first place for me since it works with PC, over the PX5. Please assist. Thanks.

golnectr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages golnectr

Pretty much excellent reviews for the Bravo headset everywhere i look. I was interested in some wireless headphones for my PC for when I am cleaning up, but they can be pricey. Got my wired 5.1 for when I need the extra sound quality.

In for a set!

golnectr

sweet geezus, i forgot I have the MW3 logitech backlit keyboard too! I am gonna look like such a fanboy.

GDragonSage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GDragonSage

I got a headset from the recent Turtle Beach woot plus, and though it's not one of these, from everything I can tell they make excellent headsets.

That said, if the refurbisher for this sale is the same as that one, I have a less than stellar opinion of them. My headset showed up with a bad speaker in one ear, and I have an unpleasant suspicion that it got sent in for refurb for this exact problem.

golnectr

GDragonSage wrote:I got a headset from the recent Turtle Beach woot plus, and though it's not one of these, from everything I can tell they make excellent headsets.

That said, if the refurbisher for this sale is the same as that one, I have a less than stellar opinion of them. My headset showed up with a bad speaker in one ear, and I have an unpleasant suspicion that it got sent in for refurb for this exact problem.

That seems like an unwarranted claim. Although possible, nothing you indicated makes it seem likely. I also may be bias as i just purchased a set.

wuwee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wuwee

Is this for computers and gaming only or can i use it on my TV?
ive been considering a pair of wireless headphones so that i can watch my TV at night without bothering / waking the wife and kids.

klarck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klarck

I telework and do a lot of MS Lync/LiveMeetings. Would that MW3 be a good option for my audio needs?

paulneibarger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulneibarger

I made the mistake and bought a PX-5 11/7/2013 from Woot.com. The headset doesn't work with Dolby Digital. Turtle beach won't help me because it's a refurbished. I paid 99.99 for my PX-5 for stereo only. Buyer Beware there is no warranty from Turtle Beach. They will refuse to help you

[MOD: It has a Woot warranty. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.]

pvandehey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pvandehey

Need advice from Woot Community: I would like to get my 10 y.o. son headphones for his XBox360 for CMas, mostly so that he can chat with his friends while playing games (currently usually Black Ops 2 and Minecraft). So, which one should I get? Thanks!

lochnessa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lochnessa

I wonder if the Sonic Silencer mentioned in the specs is compatible with my Sonic Screwdriver.

calvecg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages calvecg

Can you set up 2 of these for one Xbox? I have 2 boys, I can't buy one set of headphones!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

anamya wrote:Are there two Ear Force Bravo versions? The new ones I can find are black and and 179.99, so I am trying to determine if there is a difference in specs. That much of a price cut seems to be too good to be true. It does take first place for me since it works with PC, over the PX5. Please assist. Thanks.

Make sure you're looking for the "Call of Duty" Bravos. They look like the ones I'm seeing on the Interwebz.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

GDragonSage wrote:I got a headset from the recent Turtle Beach woot plus, and though it's not one of these, from everything I can tell they make excellent headsets.

Sorry for the problems. Did you contact our Customer Service? Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

quartekoen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quartekoen

Unfortunately, I can't recommend Turtle Beach in general. Several years ago, I purchased the Z6A headset. 8 Months later, the thin piece of plastic holding one earpieces broke. It was within warranty, so I received a replacement. Only 2 months later, the hinge housing broke on the other side. Still within warranty, I received another replacement. 11 months later, that one too, broke (again, still within warranty). I should also note that this is after normal use for the headsets. At first, I would remove them by grasping the earphones themselves, but when the first piece of plastic broke, I started grabbing them from the hinge itself. Even after this, the hinge housing still broke.

By this point, they no longer made the Z6A, so I received an X12 as a replacement. Ever since, I have heard background noise while using the headset, and while talking to my friends on Skype just last night, they complained of a high-pitched whining that was coming from me. Also, all of my wires run through a hole in my desk down to my computer tower. Strangely enough, when I move my mouse, I can hear (what I'm going to call) "electronic buzzing" sounds that only occur when my mouse is moving. It makes me think that the wires for the headset have no shielding at all. Except for the customer support that was willing to replace my headset multiple times, I have had an overall poor experience with Turtle Beach's products.

ThunderThighs

Staff

paulneibarger wrote:I made the mistake and bought a PX-5 11/7/2013 from Woot.com. The headset doesn't work with Dolby Digital. Turtle beach won't help me because it's a refurbished. I paid 99.99 for my PX-5 for stereo only. Buyer Beware there is no warranty from Turtle Beach. They will refuse to help you

That's probably because they carry a 90-day Woot warranty. You can go back that sale page and look at the warranty. It's at the bottom of the Features.

Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service. Here's more info in the Woot FAQ.

sureshotsniper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sureshotsniper

I bought the PX5 on here a week or so ago and the right speaker has a buzz in it at certain frequencies... will be RMAing it soon. I also have a wired 7.1 set and they sound good if you can get past the constant hiss that 'wired' powered headsets have... which I can't.

bsmith1

quality posts: 102 Private Messages bsmith1
pvandehey wrote:Need advice from Woot Community: I would like to get my 10 y.o. son headphones for his XBox360 for CMas, mostly so that he can chat with his friends while playing games (currently usually Black Ops 2 and Minecraft). So, which one should I get? Thanks!

Hello. A 10-year old is probably not going to care too much about all the bells and whistles the $80 set has. The cheaper pair doesn't have 7.1 surround sound, but it will still give the surround sound effect. I would say you're safe buying the $35 pair.

stedyone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stedyone

I'm confused and hoping one of you could clear something up for me. This was my first headset purchase for my xbox360. I couldn't otherwise afford a decent wireless set.

Here's the question: does this set also require the xbox adapter as shown here??:

Headset adapter

MeanieMan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MeanieMan

Ordered a pair of the wireless ones. Finally have a reason to use the optical connection on my X-Fi sound card.

calvecg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages calvecg
calvecg wrote:Can you set up 2 of these for one Xbox? I have 2 boys, I can't buy one set of headphones!

BUMP! Seriously folks, seems like a stupid question I know, but looking at the hookup box there, it makes me worry that you can't use 2 at once. I have to referee enough fights over the Xbox already, if I get ONE set of wireless headphones it'll be an episode of UFC down there....

tvwazhere

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tvwazhere
golnectr wrote:Pretty much excellent reviews for the Bravo headset everywhere i look. I was interested in some wireless headphones for my PC for when I am cleaning up, but they can be pricey. Got my wired 5.1 for when I need the extra sound quality.

In for a set!

Hate to burst your bubble but I don't think the PX5's work with laptops and computers. That's one of the reasons I'm not getting them, because I like to use them for both my PlayStation and computer. They might have changed, but last I checked they were not compatible

tvwazhere

calvecg wrote:Can you set up 2 of these for one Xbox? I have 2 boys, I can't buy one set of headphones!

I do not think so. I had two different pairs of turtle beaches for my PlayStation and they didn't function as two seperate headsets. However Xbox might support two different Mic setups so I would check on specs for the bravos.

ThunderThighs

Staff

BEGGING FOR FORGIVENESS

Yep, we messed up and lowered the price too soon on these. Those of you that bought these last week will see that difference flying back into your pockets soonish.

We beg your forgiveness. We trying to decide which staffer to pelt with screaming monkeys for this horrible transgression.

tvwazhere

USB port for programming the DSP via a Windows XP/Vista/7 computer

System Requirements:

PS3 console (supports optical output)
Xbox 360
Available USB port

I would just like to confirm that the PX5's WILL NOT WORK WITH PC. The usb is only for programming presets into the headset. Bravo headsets WILL work with pcs and macs. Buyer beware!

Blustreak21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blustreak21
calvecg wrote:BUMP! Seriously folks, seems like a stupid question I know, but looking at the hookup box there, it makes me worry that you can't use 2 at once. I have to referee enough fights over the Xbox already, if I get ONE set of wireless headphones it'll be an episode of UFC down there....

I used to just plug in a second set of headphones into the transmitter (the jack is up front) when I had the PX5's on my PS3. They'll get the same Dolby Surround audio, but only the person wearing the actual headset will be able to chat as the transmitter can only communicate with one wireless headset. Useful for keeping the room quiet but not a solution if you're looking to give them both chatting abilities.

wdsims63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wdsims63
stedyone wrote:I'm confused and hoping one of you could clear something up for me. This was my first headset purchase for my xbox360. I couldn't otherwise afford a decent wireless set.

Here's the question: does this set also require the xbox adapter as shown here??:

Headset adapter

You only need this if you don't have the composite cables that came with the 360 originally. If you are using HDMI with one of the older generation xboxes, then it will be a tight fit to get the HDMI and the AV adapter both plugged in, but you don't have to buy the adapter.
The only time you would need this adapter is if you have the older console (without optical out built in) and you don't already have a cable that has the optical audio out port.