wdsims63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wdsims63
calvecg wrote:BUMP! Seriously folks, seems like a stupid question I know, but looking at the hookup box there, it makes me worry that you can't use 2 at once. I have to referee enough fights over the Xbox already, if I get ONE set of wireless headphones it'll be an episode of UFC down there....

You should be able to use 2 sets of these no problem. The chat feature for xbox is tied to the controller, so you just plug each controller up to the headset (with the included cable) and you're good to go.

There shouldn't be any interference between the 2 headsets for audio.

adilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adilla

Can someone clarify for me:

The PX5 I can use on xbox 360 for game and chat completely wirelessly but the bravo I have to use a chat cord that is included?

roosteregg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roosteregg

On the x5 the wireless base not counted, how well does this device work on bluetooth only to a PC. does it lose the surround sound quality with the other features and only play the basic audio or does the presets still work? I have a gaming laptop and don't like the wires.

wdsims63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wdsims63
zippyts wrote:Can you use this on pc and still get 5.1/7.1 and mic if you have usb dongle?

This will work with any source as long as it has an optical audio out. The mic is based on bluetooth if you don't use the xbox chat port on the headsets. So, you would need a bluetooth receiver on your PC, or you could use a 360 controller on your PC and plug the headset into that.

m0demb0y

quality posts: 2 Private Messages m0demb0y
tvwazhere wrote:
I would just like to confirm that the PX5's WILL NOT WORK WITH PC. The usb is only for programming presets into the headset. Bravo headsets WILL work with pcs and macs. Buyer beware!

I would just like to confirm that you have no idea Which Team Fumbles you are talking about, the PX5's work great with a PC. It does require an optical audio connection but most PCs have those...

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871
roosteregg wrote:On the x5 the wireless base not counted, how well does this device work on bluetooth only to a PC. does it lose the surround sound quality with the other features and only play the basic audio or does the presets still work? I have a gaming laptop and don't like the wires.

I agree, I'm a PC gamer and the internets tend to market these to console gamers. I want to know what ways these can connect to PC and if I can easily switch between speakers and headset. If I'm going wireless I don't want to be swapping out audio cables.

trojan372

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trojan372
tvwazhere wrote:USB port for programming the DSP via a Windows XP/Vista/7 computer

System Requirements:

PS3 console (supports optical output)
Xbox 360
Available USB port

I would just like to confirm that the PX5's WILL NOT WORK WITH PC. The usb is only for programming presets into the headset. Bravo headsets WILL work with pcs and macs. Buyer beware!

My PC has a optical output, so I run the PX5 through that, so it CAN work with a PC, just not through USB.

sharksfan1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharksfan1
wuwee wrote:Is this for computers and gaming only or can i use it on my TV?
ive been considering a pair of wireless headphones so that i can watch my TV at night without bothering / waking the wife and kids.

It just has an optical input, so anything that has optical out, like most HDTVs, works with it.

sharksfan1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharksfan1
johnt007871 wrote:I agree, I'm a PC gamer and the internets tend to market these to console gamers. I want to know what ways these can connect to PC and if I can easily switch between speakers and headset. If I'm going wireless I don't want to be swapping out audio cables.

They have an optical input, so they would connect to your PC's optical output (if it has one). Should be separate from the tradition speaker connections, so you can switch from optical out or speaker out through the sound control panel on windows.

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871
trojan372 wrote:My PC has a optical output, so I run the PX5 through that, so it CAN work with a PC, just not through USB.

So do you just turn your speakers off and use the headset? It appears I have optical output too. Did you have to change any Windoes settings to output to optical and aux at the same time?

xarous

quality posts: 16 Private Messages xarous

Apparently it is being reported that the PS4 bluetooth is not enabled at this time and will be enabled by a future patch.

fridayrs

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fridayrs
wuwee wrote:Is this for computers and gaming only or can i use it on my TV?
ive been considering a pair of wireless headphones so that i can watch my TV at night without bothering / waking the wife and kids.

If you have a Big Lots nearby they have a decent $15 option for just TV or non chat video games.
HTH

KC0MLP

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KC0MLP

tvwazhere wrote:

They will work just fine with any PC using standard optical audio.(and bluetooth, for microphone) See the article on their site here: http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/entry/830517212/

Mac users (and some PC laptop users) will need to have an optical adapter since manufacturers have started combining optical audio in to the 3.5MM stereo jacks.

- "No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a great number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced."

proflex857

quality posts: 0 Private Messages proflex857

Will either of these work with an ipod/mp3/disc/cassette player, i.e. something with just a 3.5 mm output?

wootson84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootson84

Can you use this with an iPhone and with a computer to take calls i.e. call center job?

MeanieMan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MeanieMan
tvwazhere wrote:USB port for programming the DSP via a Windows XP/Vista/7 computer

System Requirements:

Xbox 360
Available USB port

The user manual has directions for PC use on page 17.
http://www.turtlebeach.com/assets/products/51/PX5%20User%20Guide-web.pdf

golnectr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages golnectr
tvwazhere wrote:Hate to burst your bubble but I don't think the PX5's work with laptops and computers. That's one of the reasons I'm not getting them, because I like to use them for both my PlayStation and computer. They might have changed, but last I checked they were not compatible

Turtle Beach TBS-4242-01 Call of Duty: MW3 Ear Force Bravo Wireless Gaming Headset for PC, Mac, Xbox 360 & PS3

No worries man. I was talking about the Bravo. You're right that the PX5 is for consoles.

trojan372

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trojan372
johnt007871 wrote:So do you just turn your speakers off and use the headset? It appears I have optical output too. Did you have to change any Windoes settings to output to optical and aux at the same time?

I have to change my default audio source from HDMI to Optical in the Windows 7 sound section. I don't think you can have it do both (not sure), but usually when I want to use headphones I don't want speakers, so it's fine.

flamingzebra90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flamingzebra90

Not sure if this has been posted yet but here is a (very brief) comparison of the two headphones.

manu16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manu16
zippyts wrote:Can you use this on pc and still get 5.1/7.1 and mic if you have usb dongle?

i suppose you do because there must be a reason why they picked USB instead a 3.5 jack
a 3.5 Jack is only stereo so if they picked USB is probably because they wanted 5.1 or 7.1 hope this helps

atken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atken

Do these come in plain brown boxes since they're refurbished? Or, for example, will the Bravo's come in the plastic case which they originally sold in? Thinking about picking 1 or 2 up as gifts for Christmas. Thanks!

wuwee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wuwee
sharksfan1 wrote:It just has an optical input, so anything that has optical out, like most HDTVs, works with it.

thanks so much for that!! i appreciate the feedback!

wuwee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wuwee
fridayrs wrote:If you have a Big Lots nearby they have a decent $15 option for just TV or non chat video games.
HTH

really?!! wow theres a big lots maybe 5 min from my house! honestly will have to look into that! thanks!

trevornipges

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trevornipges
hatsix wrote:I also experienced issues with interference. My stereo had wireless satellite speakers, and I ended up having to unplug the wireless component completely. My router is about 10 ft further away than the headphone receiver, and I haven't had any issues with that, or any issues with my wireless controllers or bluetooth devices.

Other than that, it's fantastic. I bought it full-price two years ago, and it was worth every penny. It doesn't like worn-down rechargeable batteries much... (about 1.1v and they shut down). Get a nice set of batteries to go with these and they'll probably have about the same life cycle.

I have a set of ear force deltas and had to wire my Xbox 360 because of interference from the headphones. The headphone are great though it took my gaming to the next level

zxinfinity

quality posts: 18 Private Messages zxinfinity

According to this link on turtlebeach.com, the PX5's can be used on a PC:
http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/entry/830517212/

justingo711

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justingo711

So will these work for the ps4 eventually? Still confused about the functionality of them as of now.

clipa369

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clipa369

System Requirements:

Xbox 360
Available USB port

That's untrue. I have a PX5 and it works just fine for my PC laptop

88cavalierz24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 88cavalierz24

Just got mine woot woot lol. So far only have them paired to my phone with Bluetooth. Sounds good. Can't wait to game with then.

bronxbomber4ever

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bronxbomber4ever

Got mine yesterday. Works flawlessly with my PS3. I'm so glad I got such a good deal on here. This was cheaper than getting a used one off of Craigslist.

megamjm21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megamjm21

I can understand these are Refurbished but the ones i received in the mail now that i got a day off to test them, it would seem the right speaker doesn't like any sort of bass, and it sounds blown, other than that they work perfectly. great for everything, it has a setup for ps3, and xbox360 (which i probably won't use) but it works effective for what i want.

fazzmanic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fazzmanic

Received mine and bluetooth doesn't work. Getting very poor customer service from Woot.