zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

OtterBox Kindle Fire & iPad Tablet Cases
Price: $24.99 - 29.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Wednesday, Apr 09 to Monday, Apr 14) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

lichme

quality posts: 3014 Private Messages lichme

Otterbox has been on my phone for the last 3 years. While I don't tend to drop it often, when I do, the case seems to do it's job well. I'd recommend them. They can be bulky, but that's not a problem to me.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3651 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page for the Kindle Fire case

Leslie14

quality posts: 77 Private Messages Leslie14

Here's a great little video showing the key differences between the Defender case & the reflex case:

[MOD EDIT] Embedded video.

deedainseattle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deedainseattle

Question: I have a Kindle Fire HDX...will this work for it??

Kingu

quality posts: 42 Private Messages Kingu
deedainseattle wrote:Question: I have a Kindle Fire HDX...will this work for it??

The Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 is 1/3 inch wider than the HD, so I don't imagine that they would work in the same case, which is a shame, as I'd LOVE to pay only $30 for an HDX case. But then again, that's probably why they are on Woot for discount, the HDX is likely outselling all the other models at full retail...

... drums fingers and tries SO VERY HARD not to buy a second HDX since his wife stole his.

mcarver5091

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcarver5091

OtterBoxes are great. Have them on my phones and tablets.

rsgeiger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rsgeiger

IPad air? Yes no?

misavage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misavage

Is this for the 2013 version of the Kindle?

stevewright

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevewright

I keep my iPad in an Otterbox, and the case has paid for itself several times over. You simply don't need to worry about dropping your device if it's inside one of these. It's a MUCH better deal than buying the Applecare damage coverage (and even more so at this price).

kentuckygirl

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kentuckygirl

Are these super-bulky like the iPhone OtterBox cases? I had to buy a Lifeproof case for my iPhone because the OtterBox case was 17" thick or something and wouldn't fit in my pockets of my jeans. Not that I'm going to try to stick my Kindle Fire in my jeans, I just wondered how humongous it is and how it handles when you try to read. Currently my Kindle Fire has no case or cover...but I'm still covered under my Square Trade warranty for another year. heh

NavyDoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NavyDoc

which version of the fire hd do these fit? mine is model x43z60... Will this case work?

senthilsri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages senthilsri

Will any of these cases work for iPad mini?

mrox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrox

My dad was given an iPad in an OtterBox Defender case for work. It's certainly not thin and light, but the iPad has managed to survive my dad's job in construction and his general abuse of electronic gadgets.

scherbd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scherbd

No defender for the ipad?

go-4-broke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages go-4-broke

Buyer beware! The last time I purchased an otterbox from Woot it was not authentic!

bsmith1

quality posts: 104 Private Messages bsmith1
go-4-broke wrote:Buyer beware! The last time I purchased an otterbox from Woot it was not authentic!

prove it

bsmith1

The cut-out for the Apple logo seems unnecessary. I mean, wouldn't lint and grime just collect in there? What if you drop it and the logo hits a corner of a table or something...too bad that part wasn't protected.

go-4-broke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages go-4-broke
bsmith1 wrote:prove it

None of the numbers marched. The UPC number was wrong which is a sign of a fake and the numbers inside the rubber cover were wrong.

bsmith1

go-4-broke wrote:None of the numbers marched. The UPC number was wrong which is a sign of a fake and the numbers inside the rubber cover were wrong.

So you checked the numbers with otterbox and they said they never issued those or did you just compare to another one? UPC will vary by model/color etc. Numbers on the inside might just be a batch number from the manufacturing plant which would change based on when it was made.
Edit: did you report it here? http://www.otterbox.com/fakes? If so, did they respond?

bthree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bthree

Will the HD 8.9 case work with the HDX 8.9 kindle? Would love this case, IF it fits!
After reading earlier posts, it seems it's unlikely to fit. I shall now go sulk.....

critter42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages critter42

The Reflex case sucks - there is a major design flaw - where the tab from the flexible cover snaps to lock in reading position, there is only about a 1/4" of plastic to hold it in, and the fit is SO snug, you can't switch it from cover to reading mode more than a few times without that little bit breaking, rendering it useless as a stand. My wife and I each had one and they both failed in the same spot at about the same time. I made Otterbox replace them with Defenders. They didn't put up too much of a fight about it, and seeing them here on Woot, I have a feeling they know they have a lemon on their hands with that

JimmyJamesJim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JimmyJamesJim

Does it work with a mac? Come on, had to ask!!

tdogsteelers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdogsteelers

About to get the newest generation Ipad air. Would these cases work with the it?

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
go-4-broke wrote:None of the numbers marched. The UPC number was wrong which is a sign of a fake and the numbers inside the rubber cover were wrong.

The fact that you had to check numbers and couldn't tell the moment you touched it pretty confirms it was real. The amount of money somebody would have to spend to set up manufacturing of all of those plastic and silicone parts would never be worth it to sell these things to Woot at a price where Woot could resell the phone cases at $8 or these tablet cases at $30.

mdonahue22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdonahue22

Will this work on any 7" Tablet?

David2117

quality posts: 1 Private Messages David2117

Purchased an Otterbox case for our Kindle HDX and love it. It is a little bulky but offers great protection esp with 3 yr old. I am in for one to protect our other Kindle. Highly recommend

guamburn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guamburn

I have a 7" Fire second Generation. The pics don't look like they match up with my switch/plug configuration. Any help on this would be appreciated.

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple

Too bad there aren't any Defender cases here for the iPad. Would be handy for camping and road trips... to match the Defender case I have for the same purpose for my iPhone.

While the Reflex is slimmer, it doesn't provide the same level of protection.

manhandsha

quality posts: 35 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

mdonahue22 wrote:Will this work on any 7" Tablet?

No, only the devices listed in the drop-down menu on the sale page.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

manhandsha

Staff

guamburn wrote:I have a 7" Fire second Generation. The pics don't look like they match up with my switch/plug configuration. Any help on this would be appreciated.

The Defender -Kindle Fire 7" Black (77-18690) is the only one that would fit your device, as the others are built for the slightly different 7" HD models. Hope that helps.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

manhandsha

Staff

tdogsteelers wrote:About to get the newest generation Ipad air. Would these cases work with the it?

These Otterboxes are only for iPad 2nd, 3rd and 4th Gen. devices, not iPad Air; sorry.

manhandsha

Staff

bthree wrote:Will the HD 8.9 case work with the HDX 8.9 kindle? Would love this case, IF it fits!
After reading earlier posts, it seems it's unlikely to fit. I shall now go sulk.....

Per the Kindle Comparison chart, there's a little bit of a difference in dimensions.

disneydon1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages disneydon1

do these work for Kindle HDX

thepla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thepla
manhandsha wrote:The Defender -Kindle Fire 7" Black (77-18690) is the only one that would fit your device, as the others are built for the slightly different 7" HD models. Hope that helps.

This does not seem to be part of this woot. One in picture shows for previous 7" fire, not current one.

manhandsha

Staff

disneydon1 wrote:do these work for Kindle HDX

Please check for your model in the drop-down on the sale page and if you need a comparison chart, check Amazon's page in my post above yours.

manhandsha

Staff

thepla wrote:This does not seem to be part of this woot. One in picture shows for previous 7" fire, not current one.

The comment I was replying to was asking about the previous model (Kindle Fire 2nd Generation).

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut
disneydon1 wrote:do these work for Kindle HDX

I doubt it. If it were to fit the HDX, it would (or should) be specified.
When I saw this here on Woot today, I was finally happy to see something I've been looking for. Then reality set in, no HDX listed. I already have an Otterbox Defender for my 8.9" HDX and it's a great case. My only complaint is that it's boring black. The case offers good protection, and the clear screen protector doesn't affect the touch screen sensitivity. One of these days, it'll show up here. Hopefully.

mlatsyrc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlatsyrc

Sorry, I am confused. I have a Kindle Fire HD 7 inch. I don't know if I have a 1st gen or 2nd gen. I bought it May 2013. How can I tell? I want the Green case. It looks like the 'holes' are all in the right places. Are the Green cases 1st gen or 2nd gen cases?
thanks!!