+ Add a Comment

Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

Oh, terrific! Another photo-oriented Friday product! Now, all we need to do is think up a compelling contest theme somehow related to today's Lexmark printer/Vivitar camera bundle. OK, let's see. This shouldn't be too hard. Cameras...printers...photography...hmm...I know: photos you'd be embarrassed to have developed outside the home! No, wait, we did that last week...OK, just give us a minute here, we'll come up with something...of course! Your challenge:

Imagine a contest theme that has something to do with today's digital-photography bundle, and create the winning entry for that theme.

Don't forget to tell us what your theme is along with showing us your entry. You've got an extra couple of days this time around, in honor of the holiday that pays the mortgage for fireworks dealers everywhere, so take your time and don't expect to see the winners announced until Wednesday, July 5. Oh, and thanks for doing our work for us, suckers!

Post your entry here by by 11:59 PM CST on Tuesday, July 4, 2006.
Prizes are $20/$50/$100 for 3rd/2nd/1st. The rules and criteria for winning: our panel of geniuses can and will make stuff up as it goes along. Use Photoshop, pen and ink, collage, MSPaint, Spirograph, iron-on transfers, whatever, but it’ll only be judged if it’s visible in our forums as a jpg, gif, or png. Try to keep your maximum width to 450px. If you need a place to host your pictures, try www.imageshack.ws or www.photobucket.com. We have no connection to either, but they seem free and easy to use. And if you want us to be sure your entry was indeed your work, post links to your source images. The more sure we are that you did your own work, the more likely we are to consider it for a prize.

Past money winners: If you'd like to nominate any entries from this week's contest, email your selections (with links to the individual post) to me at jtoon@woot.com by noon CST on Wednesday.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

YEA!

Still single, can't imagine why.

u2wedge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages u2wedge

easy... well, they should have let us pick our own product too.

This is a pretty weak product to have to incorporate into ANYTHING... oh well...

sumshah218

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sumshah218

Genius.

Pure genius.

If I knew how to photoshop I would definitely do this...

Booyakasha.

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926

Contest theme: Submit The First Entry In This Week's Contest Without Using A Placeholder!

I win!

[MOD: No advertising please]

shadowber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadowber

heh!!! when i stop laughing at this contest theme il start thinking of one lol!!

Lots of comedians have people they try to mimic. I mimic my shadow.
-- Steven Wright

madcow19

quality posts: 10 Private Messages madcow19

<Nelson voice> Crud

edrex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edrex

Hmmm... is there a first prize for every different contest that we come up with? :-)

wsfife

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wsfife

This should be interesting.

Ozzy1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ozzy1981

Looks really confused. Breaks out into a cold sweat. Eyes dart, side to side, out of suspicion.

Ungh!

Passes out with blood trickeling out of the ear canal, most likely an anyerism

tigrfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigrfire

I think for simplicity, it'd be nice to implement some kind of formatting for posts in this contest, easier for everyone I'd say. I recommend this:

Comment Here

Theme: Write Theme Here

Post Image Here

Post Sources Here

passynten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages passynten

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Im a Wrambling Reck From Georgia Tech and Helluva an Engineer

danielem1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danielem1

wow....

rrbckx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rrbckx

Contest Theme: A Public Service Message for Disappointing Woots...

OzzYBaH

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OzzYBaH

holy mother's drunken lord of wtf. good luck all.

Contest theme:: In Office Space style, show the most creative way to destroy this printer camera combo.

working on pic.

tigrfire

This probably won't be my only entry but I had to pursue this, thought the idea was funny. It was my idea by the way, no body else's. [That's a hint for the Sources area.]

Theme: Plagiarize the First Entry in Contest 79

Click Here for Full-Size

Originals:
All original, all by me. No work done by anyone else at all in the least bit. All work / photography / photoshopping done by me alone.

jeddings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeddings

Ecrofirt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ecrofirt

Theme:
Show an clever and unexpected use for today's digital photography bundle.

My submission:
Printing out red light camera photos

Sources:
http://www.reviews.ru/clause/printer/z735/1_image001.jpg
http://image.compusa.com/prodimages/23/70086753-c20e-4d3d-aea4-9073e822745f.gif
http://www.biddenhamvillage.co.uk/images/Mobile%20Police%20Station/JMarshall1.jpg
http://news.thomasnet.com/images/large/007/7237.jpg

Aethubryn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aethubryn

Alright, the theme for my contest is "Damages Not Covered Under Warranty."

You know, when you buy new things under warranty, they always list the types of damage that apply and will not apply. So, what you've got to do for this contest is create a picture of how the camera/printer combo got damaged in a way that's definitely not covered under the warranty!

Aaand here's the winning entry:

Sorces:
Devil
Hell
Printer/Camera (For some reason, the Woot picture wouldn't copy into Photoshop >__<)

majit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages majit

Time flies when you're having fun. And you'll have lots to time to have fun this Fourth O'July Weekend when we tell you that the contest deadline has been extended due to the birth of an obscure little country some 230 years ago. What country, you ask? If you have to ask, you must be in this country illegally. Get the hell out. But we digress.

For those of us that actually want to celebrate some old codger's 230th birthday, we present this week's Photoshop contest:

In dual honor of the weekend release of the blockbuster movie, "Superman Returns", and today's Woot, show us a cinematic scene from "Superman Returns" that includes the Lexmark Photo Printer w/ Vivitar 5MP Digital Camera Bundle.

No, the LPPw/V5MPDCB cannot just be thrown into a scene... it must... nay, it SHALL... be an integral and important part of the scene. Could it be that Kal-El was rocketed to Earth from the planet LPPw/V5MPDCB? Perhaps the rocket itself was the LPPw/V5MPDCB? Jimmy Olsen has a night-time job repairing the LPPw/V5MPDCB? The Daily Planet logo is a spinning LPPw/V5MPDCB mounted on one of those high buildings that Superman can leap over in a single bound? You get the idea.

Post your entry here by by 12:59 AM EST on Wednesday, July 5, 2006. Prizes are $100/$50/$20 for 1st/2nd/3rd. The rules and criteria for winning: our panel of geniuses can and will make stuff up as it goes along. Use Photoshop, pen and ink, collage, MSPaint, Spirograph, iron-ontransfers, guitar tablatures, whatever, but it’ll only be judged if it’s visible in our forums as a jpg, gif, or png. Try to keep your maximum width to 550px. If you need a place to host your pictures, try imageshack.ws, photobucket.com, or wootimagehosting.net. We have no connection to the first two, but they seem free and easy to use, especially the last one (phenominal donation required). And if you want us to be sure your entry was indeed your work, post links to your source images. If you want us to be sure your entry was indeed copied from someone else, post links to the copied image. The more sure we are that you did (or did not do) your own work, the more likely we are to consider it for a prize (or permanently ban you from the site).

Past money winners: If you'd like to nominate any entries from this week's contest, email your selections (with links to the individual post) to me at jtoon@woot.com by 1:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday.

Past monkey winners: If you'd like to nominate any entries from this week's contest, email your selections (with links to the individual post) to me at jtoon@woot.com by 1:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sources:
Supes
Woot

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

contest 79:
be more creative

damn.

plinth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages plinth

Dude! A superman contest theme and you don't have Lexmark Luthor? Have you gone mad?

tigrfire

plinth wrote:Dude! A superman contest theme and you don't have Lexmark Luthor? Have you gone mad?

There ya go.

R4M0N

quality posts: 0 Private Messages R4M0N

Wow... Woot really phoned it in this time. Taking an early 4th of July holiday break? HAHA!

I'll try to come up with something.

ejvogie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejvogie
rrbckx wrote:Contest Theme: A Public Service Message for Disappointing Woots...

Isn't this the indian from Ernest Goes To Camp?

There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

faithcoaching

quality posts: 1 Private Messages faithcoaching

Love. It's what humankind strives for and holds as its highest goal. Here at Woot we love our customers and our customers, of course, share the love in return (with the help of our credit card processor). We depend upon each other. It's a symbiosis of sorts, just like the Lexmark Photo Printer w/ Vivitar 5MP Digital Camera Bundle. Camera takes stunning photos ... and the Lexmark Photo Printer shares the love in return with perfect prints. What could be better than that? A love triangle of course.

Show us something, someone, a group of somethings, or whatever that could be included in a love triangle with the Lexmark Photo Printer w/ Vivitar 5MP Digital Camera Bundle. You'll get extra credit if what you add is funny, clever, or so odd that only the judges get it.

Post your entry here by by 11:59 PM CST on Tuesday, July 4, 2006. Prizesare $20/$50/$100 for 3rd/2nd/1st. The rules and criteria for winning:our panel of geniuses can and will make stuff up as it goes along. UsePhotoshop, pen and ink, collage, MSPaint, Spirograph, iron-ontransfers, whatever, but it’ll only be judged if it’s visible in ourforums as a jpg, gif, or png. Try to keep your maximum width to 450px.If you need a place to host your pictures, try imageshack.ws or photobucket.com.We have no connection to either, but they seem free and easy to use.And if you want us to be sure your entry was indeed your work, postlinks to your source images. The more sure we are that you did your own work, the more likely we are to consider it for a prize.

Go gators! Go Hokies!

wonderstew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wonderstew

make the pirnter more patreotick

Shaving.

Stanitarium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stanitarium

Contest 79: Lack of (Optical) Focus
Show a situation where it might've been nice to have a crisp Optical Zoom, rather than a fuzzy Digital zoom, on your Vivitar 5110 Digital Camera.

(Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting)

Sources:
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven

tall4agirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tall4agirl

This should be entertaining!

easy1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easy1

Contest Theme: Incorporate the Lexmark Photo Printer Bundle into a picture with a fictional TV series character using the printer in context with their fictional TV job.

King of Queens

bmalek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmalek

Theme: Independence Day Celebration

Entry:

Source:
ID4

You didn't think I meant the other Independence Day, did you?

Mr Citizen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mr Citizen

Oh well. That didn't work out too well. To many festivities and not enough beingADorkSittingAtTheComputerScrewingUpPhotos.

biscuitwarmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biscuitwarmer

sweet! The superman one's are great so far.

I hope there are a lot of Superman themed entries.

FenStar

wonderstew wrote:make the pirnter more patreotick

Isn't that the... nevermind.

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
FenStar wrote:
Isn't that the... nevermind.

Looks like Wonderstew may be on his way to winning his first monkey prize.

pgibby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pgibby
wonderstew wrote:make the pirnter more patreotick

Hm... looks a little Frenchy to me. ;-)

siamsa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages siamsa

Come on Toon, how can you not come up with an idea? You have superman and fourth of july in the same long weekend. You could even make something up about how they took "the american way" out of the super man tag line (truth, justice and the other stuff as it is called now).

It's a sad day.

Icedvovo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Icedvovo

Illustrate woot's original Digital Odd Couple.

wonderstew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wonderstew
pgibby wrote:
Hm... looks a little Frenchy to me. ;-)

Wee wee!

Shaving.

FenStar

killingtime wrote:

Looks like Wonderstew may be on his way to winning his first monkey prize.

I figured that was the joke after I quoted it.

Edit: Congrats on 200 posts stew!