farbod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages farbod

Ok, I called the number to check on it from my work phone, does that mean my company is going to get voice-text messages on the work phone??! I noticed it said SMS-enable phone, but my cell can also send text to landline!

PBlo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PBlo

Awesome! Will this work for woot-offs?

elynnjean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elynnjean
Donnie7 wrote:just make moble.woot.com or m.woot.com where you can check it on your phone and just have the picture and a buy it now button

hmm...this sounds interesting - can you eleborate? Have you used it? which one?

I used to better than everyone else; now I'm just purple.

wootlover54321

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootlover54321
prashanth wrote:Hello wooters,
Question for you guys – to make this better, we’d like to (a) expand the audio description of the product and (b) enable purchase by “pressing 1” on the phone. Thoughts?

Umm...it sounds really great!! Getting a service for free and all, but I was told a long time ago, 'nothing in life is free'. So, what is the business model here? How are you making money off of us?

Goodprice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Goodprice

SayNow Freeeeeeeeeee??? is the only free thing that woot gives... luving it

migelito

quality posts: 9 Private Messages migelito

can i get the text messages without having to call the damn number. Yes I am extraordinarilly lazy, I've learned to accept it and you should too.

Only problem i see, there's no way in hell this is gonna warn me in time to get to a terminal to get my first bag o' crap.

prashanth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prashanth
farbod wrote:Ok, I called the number to check on it from my work phone, does that mean my company is going to get voice-text messages on the work phone??! I noticed it said SMS-enable phone, but my cell can also send text to landline!

Most landlines can't receive text messages so you should be safe! But if you absolutely want to make sure, then call the Woot number again and Press '7'. The service will present you with an option to receive no notifications(press '3') and you're set!

prashanth

wootlover54321 wrote:

Umm...it sounds really great!! Getting a service for free and all, but I was told a long time ago, 'nothing in life is free'. So, what is the business model here? How are you making money off of us?

To be completely honest, we are NOT. But the plan is to work with the Woot guys to create a mobile offering for their service and figure out a revenue stream for that. For now, don't worry about any charges! We'll shout this round, you just enjoy!

Blades

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Blades

lets not forget leap year

Blades

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Blades
prashanth wrote:Hello wooters,
I am the SayNow PM working with Woot on the phone-casts. Thanks for all your comments. Thought I would step in and address some of your concerns regarding the phone-cast

1. No Alert Last night: “I did not get an alert last night, what happened?”
We could not send out a phone-cast cuz we didn’t find the audio enclosure in the Woot RSS. We’re working on it!

2. Woot off: “Will I get 1,325,689 text messages on woot off days?”
No cuz that’s just too many! You will get one.

3. Timely alerts: “Why is the text message delayed by 4 mins everyday?”
We are working out the timing issues with woot to make sure their RSS is updated at the same time as the website. Hold tight on this!

4. Mail-in Checks: “I love you Prashanth, now where can I mail-in my check for at least $5500?”
Uhhh ummm… hold up!

Question for you guys – to make this better, we’d like to (a) expand the audio description of the product and (b) enable purchase by “pressing 1” on the phone. Thoughts?

I really enjoy working with the woot staff and am dedicating 1.27% of my day to make your life more wootabulous.

i would buy from my cell phone.

sputicus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sputicus

Strangely, immediately after signing up for this service, I have started receiving automated sales recordings on my mobile phone. Is anyone else getting these?

So far: One mortgage refinance and one timeshare in a three day period.

This may be a coincindence, but signing up for this service seems to be the only suspicious thing I have done that may have caused this.

prashanth

sputicus wrote:Strangely, immediately after signing up for this service, I have started receiving automated sales recordings on my mobile phone. Is anyone else getting these?

So far: One mortgage refinance and one timeshare in a three day period.

This may be a coincindence, but signing up for this service seems to be the only suspicious thing I have done that may have caused this.

Hi
I as the product manager representing SayNow here would like to clarify that SayNow has not and will never share your numbers with anyone (including woot) without explicit consent from you, as this is a violation of our privacy policy and that's one thing we are super strict about. I feel this is coincidence and can assure you this has no connection to you subscribing to Woot on SayNow.

I completely understand if you feel the need to discontinue from the service, you may do so by calling 415-944-8383 and pressing the # key (and I will be sad).

IN BOLD, we hate SPAM as much as you do.

If you are still concerned please call me at (650) 292 2431

-Prashanth

arpayton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arpayton
prashanth wrote:

To be completely honest, we are NOT. But the plan is to work with the Woot guys to create a mobile offering for their service and figure out a revenue stream for that. For now, don't worry about any charges! We'll shout this round, you just enjoy!

Further proof that everyone loves woot.

relapsd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages relapsd

this thread deserves slow-clap.

EYMBAD+HAX

NerdCore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NerdCore

Can someone email me a saynow invite? Send to starvingstudentad@gmail.com

Devil2U

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Devil2U
you can call 415-944-8383 from any phone

I called it using Skype and it said, "Sorry, call us from a line where we can identify your number." Not cool, imo

>>>WOOT OFF TRACKER<<<
1. 11/6/2006 iRobot Roomba Discovery SE
2. 12/8/2006 Screaming Monkey with Woot Cape X3
3. 3/23/2007 Voice Buddy 3.0 Interactive Game Control (sans the AudioFX force feedback headset) X3

Bag of Cuuuuuute! StrikeOuts: 4 :-(

kaufman212

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaufman212
Gir1337 wrote:Is it free (as in beer)?
Bruce Kaufman

mpickl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpickl

What about getting Bandolier of Carrots hints? Like little riddles that will help us prepare for the Bandolier of Carrots's since it would be impossible for anyone to get a Bandolier of Carrots text and instantaneously get online to purchase.

Obviously this would never actually happen, but it would be pretty cool. That would get a whole hell of a lot more people signing up for this SayNow thing.

Mrs. Pic

oshey85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oshey85
holyteach wrote:

In my case, I'm up at midnight 95% of the time to check woot anyway. But if I've already gone to bed, there's probably a good reason for it. I don't mind being "woken" for something specific I know I'm looking for, but for an unknown I'd rather just sleep.

For a Woot-off, on the other hand, I turn off all filters so I can just get notified *every* time the product changes.

How do you turn off all filters cause right now mine is set up to only allow one per day. I went to say now .com and they said to push 7 for preference but the only option there is txt, phone, email.... anybody know?

~britney

wootsnoop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootsnoop

Why not just use something like wootSnoop. You have complete control over what alerts you get (keyword matching), where the alerts go (phone, email, etc), it keeps a history, AND you can watch woot.com on your desktop. Perfect for keeping tabs on a woot-off!

5000 downloads and counting...

njcrash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages njcrash

There is also the original free WootAlert service:

http://wootalert.opensight.net

4400 subscribers can't be wrong!

-Russell

-Mr. WootAlert

Creator of the ORIGINAL WootAlert Service (http://wootalert.opensight.net), but no longer running.

decibeluo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages decibeluo
njcrash wrote:There is also the original free WootAlert service:
http://wootalert.opensight.net
4400 subscribers can't be wrong!
-Russell

Are those the same 4400 people that reappeared in that USA TV show?

njcrash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages njcrash
decibeluo wrote:

Um, what?

-Mr. WootAlert

Creator of the ORIGINAL WootAlert Service (http://wootalert.opensight.net), but no longer running.

tjc2418

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjc2418

I just signed up, and got yesterdays Woot. Is it always delayed?

LordMagnus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LordMagnus

I don't have SMS service in my phone, but I \an get unlimited txt messages. Is there anything out there that I can put just my phone number without the @sms.whatever (since I don't have sms) and get a text message with the current wooted product?

Thanks for any help/hint.

mysteriouskarma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mysteriouskarma

i just signed up for this, and the biggest problem i have is the lack of a price showing, i would kinda like to know how much the item is.

but other than that its amazing thanks so much

ps make an option to recive multiple a day if its a woot off.

deepspace12dotcom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deepspace12dotcom
decibeluo wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Nice

grumb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages grumb
LordMagnus wrote:I don't have SMS service in my phone, but I \an get unlimited txt messages. Is there anything out there that I can put just my phone number without the @sms.whatever (since I don't have sms) and get a text message with the current wooted product?

Thanks for any help/hint.

Just saw that wootagent (wootagent.com) is starting such a service.

robertsdoug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robertsdoug

SaulB50

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SaulB50
mysteriouskarma wrote:i just signed up for this, and the biggest problem i have is the lack of a price showing, i would kinda like to know how much the item is.

but other than that its amazing thanks so much

ps make an option to recive multiple a day if its a woot off.

Yeah, the price used to be included in the text message. But it doesn't show the price anymore. The price is a kind of important detail.

WDBGTRUCK5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WDBGTRUCK5

Superman would carry Hulk up in the sky high enough that he was go splat when he hit the ground.

WFD 423

ircmaxell

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ircmaxell

Well, bagsofcrap now has 2 offerings for this! You can use our e-mail service (not durring a wootoff), and the WAP woot tracker!!! The FIRST (and only) woot checker designed specifically for the Mobile Phone market. Just point your cellphone to
http://www.bagsofcrap.com/woot.wml
(Once I move to my new server, I'm going to create wap.bagsofcrap.com for this purpose)...

BagsOfCrap.com - For All Things Woot!
Woot-Off Trackers
Items So Far This Woot-Off

Note - My old signature image won't work anymore since Woot stores it, so it won't be updated... Sorry for the inconvenience...

goosman99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goosman99

Anyone know what happened to wootwatchers.com? No SMS or email for two days
and now a visit to the site gets a 500 error.

RipRap

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RipRap
JimmyMood wrote:Now we need a way to buy an item from a cell phone.

I buy all of my Woots from my cell. Just get one with Internet Access and you too can Woot-Off no matter where you are!

More than 100 Woots (RipRap is better than everybody else, according to WOOT)
stop asking me to send you my used words. I recycle!

lrosenman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lrosenman

I haven't seen a text from these guys in a week or so. DId it die?

LER

8/30/2007 Ultrex 7-Piece Deep Fryer Taco Shell Set -- 4/17/2007 Delphi USB 2.0 Lighted Cable - 4-Pack -- 4/12/2007 Abacus Atomic Men's Stainless Steel Watch -- 3/23/2007 3xScreaming Monkey w/Green Woot Cape -- 2/06/2007 10-pk Kensington Keyboard -- 1/16/2007 3x2pk Kensington Optical Mouse
1/02/2007 2pk PCI Wireless card

wizard04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wizard04
lrosenman wrote:I haven't seen a text from these guys in a week or so. DId it die?

I haven't gotten any either. I just called the number again tonight thinking you might have to sign up again once in a while, but the podcast was from the 19th. What's going on?

joelterrific

quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

wizard04 wrote:

I haven't gotten any either. I just called the number again tonight thinking you might have to sign up again once in a while, but the podcast was from the 19th. What's going on?

This may have been a result of a recent deployment. We've made a change that should fix it. Let me know if tomorrow if we're back.

afabulousmuffin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages afabulousmuffin

I've been calling the number tonight and the call either fails or I get a recording that says "Hey we are fixing the site, call back in a few minutes,". It makes me sad. Any answers?

I am he as. You are he as. You are me, and we are all together.

radioinsomnia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages radioinsomnia

SayNow support says that Sprint and Verizon customers aren't receiving SMS messages right now, and it should be resolved in a couple of days.

bmckenna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bmckenna

I wasn't, and now I am.