mecroman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mecroman
dsb411 wrote:

Duuuuude you need a leak frog.

Sad part is, I really do want a leak frog... I have trouble with my sump pump, and its pooped out on me a few times, and I don't know until I set foot downstairs and the carpet is wet. LeakFrogs are hard to find!!

crimsonclay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crimsonclay
opaulw wrote:

Your post is not a problem.
There is always one or two who complain about everything.
He probably would have done the same thing.

I couldn't get through and missed, but got in on the last one. I think it is fun just to see what others got in their bocrap

There are actually way more than one or two that complain. But what I was doing wasn't actually complaining as much as just expressing my thoughts on the matter. I didn't email Woot demanding to receive the Bandolier of Carrots or anything of the sort. I contacted them about the problem and they said it was a server error and there was nothing that could be done. Case closed, I thanked them and went on! I actually had alot of fun trying to order also, and have had fun looking at everyone's treasure. After about a year and a half of being a Woot member I actually made it to the order screen on the Bandolier of Carrots for the first time and that was cool. I have ordered several other Woots in the last few weeks. I am not mad at Woot or even really complaining just upset. He changed his mind and Woot fixed his order, they messed up and denied mine. My problem, my bad luck. Nothing at all against him. I will shut up and wait for the next one, sorry, his post just took me by surprise!! Please don't be offended no offense was meant!

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
mecroman wrote:

Sad part is, I really do want a leak frog... I have trouble with my sump pump, and its pooped out on me a few times, and I don't know until I set foot downstairs and the carpet is wet. LeakFrogs are hard to find!!

In case woot doesn't get more leak frogs in to sell you can try this website. http://focuscamera.com/prods/964601965.asp Of course Woot is cheaper so you might want to hold off and wait.

BeanDip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BeanDip
dsb411 wrote:

Duuuuude you need a leak frog.

I waited patiently hoping to get a chance at the LeakFrogs but they didn't have any this Woot-Off

Serves me right for not getting them the previous Woot-Off.

opaulw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages opaulw
crimsonclay wrote:
There are actually way more than one or two that complain. ..
My problem, my bad luck. Nothing at all against him. I will shut up and wait for the next one, sorry, his post just took me by surprise!! Please don't be offended no offense was meant!

OK a few then.

Here is the story.

There are over 400,000 woot members.
Bandolier of Carrots are limited to 4500 craps so basically only 1500 members can get through to score their Bandolier of Carrots.

That leaves a lot of non-winning peeps some of which will gripe about something,
others will comment on their lack of Bandolier of Carrots and that is fine too.

Woot count = 70+

digimark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages digimark

I'm soooooo happy. Waited to let the wife open the box (she was excited as I was!) It's the
SW Bell box --- samsonite bag, USB thumb drive locks, Nuon controller and -- TADA -- WD
hard drive. The outer anti-static bag says 40GB WD400, but others mentioned they received the WD2500, so I checked...

250GB BAY-BEE! Can't wait to find out if it works. Does anyone know if there is any kind of a warranty on it?

Good WOOT to you! -Gary

mecroman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mecroman
digimark wrote:I'm soooooo happy. Waited to let the wife open the box (she was excited as I was!) It's the
SW Bell box --- samsonite bag, USB thumb drive locks, Nuon controller and -- TADA -- WD
hard drive. The outer anti-static bag says 40GB WD400, but others mentioned they received the WD2500, so I checked...

250GB BAY-BEE! Can't wait to find out if it works. Does anyone know if there is any kind of a warranty on it?

Good WOOT to you! -Gary

Warranty on a Blinged-Out Cabbage!! Hah....

"Uhh yeah, that's right Western Digital...it came in my Blinged-Out Cabbage...i have a proof of purchase, i swear"

JeffDan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JeffDan

Did anyone else get the Virgin Cordless Phone? I ask because I let it charge for hours and it won't seem to work. The battery got nice and warm though so I took it out before it melted the phone.

I am thinking of getting a new battery and trying again, but if other people have gotten the phone and never got it working I don't want to bother.

opaulw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages opaulw
digimark wrote:I'm soooooo happy. Waited to let the wife open the box (she was excited as I was!) It's the

Good WOOT to you! -Gary

If not working it is
Guaranteed to make a great paperweight for 50years as long as not tampered with. :-)

Woot count = 70+

lichter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lichter
JeffDan wrote:Did anyone else get the Virgin Cordless Phone? I ask because I let it charge for hours and it won't seem to work. The battery got nice and warm though so I took it out before it melted the phone.

I am thinking of getting a new battery and trying again, but if other people have gotten the phone and never got it working I don't want to bother.

I got one too but I didn't do anything with it because the charger had dried blood all over it.

Nekosohana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nekosohana
lichter wrote:

I got one too but I didn't do anything with it because the charger had dried blood all over it.

That's terrible!

5 time wooter:
#1 Hard Drive for my broken Apple
#2 JBL speaker to replace my broken Apple speaker....
#3 The ever-coveted random Banjo of Consternation
#4 Tasty, tasty liquor. (G Sake)
#5 Miniature Train Set (x2)

Foleyman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foleyman

Well, my Bandolier of Carrots arrived in Michigan Wednesday 10/25.
Did get a nice cardio workout when I saw 2 tracking
numbers - thought I was getting something really
special - NOT!

The box pretty much lived up to its name, to wit:

Green cotton bandana - crap
2 thumbdrive locks - double crap
iPod case w/removable belt clip - OK but I have no iPod
Samsonite photo video carry-all - this is actually quite
nice but I have no video gear to put in it. It would
probably make a nice backpack for a 5-year-old but
I don’t have one of those either.

It was great fun as usual, although my girlfriend just
looks at me and shakes her head.

terrybatey

Good WOOT to you! -Gary

I received the same box as you and same contents. When my husband came home he asked the same question ... warranty with it?. That was last night I am still laughing at him.. Hope that answers the question.. sorry not on a Blinged-Out Cabbage

papaya0301

quality posts: 0 Private Messages papaya0301
JeffDan wrote:Did anyone else get the Virgin Cordless Phone? I ask because I let it charge for hours and it won't seem to work. The battery got nice and warm though so I took it out before it melted the phone.

I got one in a previous Woot Off and gave it to my parents because I just have a cell phone. They are using it and have not had any problems with it to my knowledge. No dried blood on it though...

JeffDan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JeffDan
lichter wrote:

Holy Frak! Mine looked pretty sealed and new, everything was in its little bag with twisty ties. Looked new, not refrubished or returned.

I would ask Woot what their policy was on selling hazardous biological waste and if they understood US postal regulations about shipping hazardous biological waste.

crimsonclay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crimsonclay
lichter wrote:

Did you hit redial to see if the last number dialed was 911?

lhedbor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lhedbor
crimsonclay wrote:
Did you hit redial to see if the last number dialed was 911?

"Hello, woot, I need to return my phone. Yes, it quit working after I beat someone to death with the charger.... uh-hmm.... yep. Okay, great, I'll get that right out to you. Thanks!"

terrybatey

My bosses wife just called the office to tell him that his worker Terry is online with woot and not working. Guess I should think next time about using my real name. Silly me. Uh, yeah Shelly, I am working and wooting too. I am able to do two things at once woot and work. By the way your husband is able to do two things at once too answer the phone and fill in your own blank.

rfemia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rfemia
lhedbor wrote:

"Hello, woot, I need to return my phone. Yes, it quit working after I beat someone to death with the charger.... uh-hmm.... yep. Okay, great, I'll get that right out to you. Thanks!"

Maybe the CSI team can check the blood to see if it is someone famous.

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
JeffDan wrote:
Holy Frak! Mine looked pretty sealed and new, everything was in its little bag with twisty ties. Looked new, not refrubished or returned.

I can make a product look like I never even opened it. Some call it an art. Some call it fraud.

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
terrybatey wrote:My bosses wife just called the office to tell him that his worker Terry is online with woot and not working. Guess I should think next time about using my real name. Silly me. Uh, yeah Shelly, I am working and wooting too. I am able to do two things at once woot and work. By the way your husband is able to do two things at once too answer the phone and fill in your own blank.

Uh oh... Gonna be some tension around the dinner table at Shelly's house tonight...

"What did she mean by 'fill in your own blank?"
"Nothing. Really."
//harsh stare
"What? What did I do?"
//harsh stare
"Crap."

terrybatey

gwp wrote:

Uh oh... Gonna be sone tension around the dinner table at Shelly's house tonight...

"What did she mean by 'fill in your own blank?"
"Nothing. Really."
//harsh stare
"What? What did I do?"
//harsh stare
"Crap."

Yeah she is on the phone with him now. I can see him thru the window he seems to be laughing Shelly.

thomaskelly427

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thomaskelly427

You know what really sucks? My package wasn't there and woot reships me a new Bandolier of Carrots, I am def gonna get CRAP. I will get whatever BS they have lying around. Just my luck there was something good in my crap. . . .

burp15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burp15

OK, mine came, I suppose I should let y'all know what it was.

2 of the thumb drive locks (duh)
1 video camera bag (duh)
50 blank CD-Rs (off-brand)
1 toy knife with a collapsing blade

Both the knife and the USB locks make for good practical jokes.

Sure, it's crap, but thats what I paid for. I should just be glad that I got any crap at all.

burp15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burp15

My favorite had to be my first crap. One of the items was a power cord for an electric dryer. (You know, with the funny looking plug cuz it's 240V)

Unbeknownst to woot, my cat had eaten through my dryer's power cord and I was going to go buy one. I guess I should ask for a refund since it wasn't "useless" crap.

RIP Toni the cat

ao7996

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ao7996
thomaskelly427 wrote:You know what really sucks? My package wasn't there and woot reships me a new Bandolier of Carrots, I am def gonna get CRAP. I will get whatever BS they have lying around. Just my luck there was something good in my crap. . . .

the same thing is happening to me.... we will get the crappiest of the crap, but it is better then the ones who are less crapily fortunate and didn't get to order.

who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and get Roomba thats laying around.... or this
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=769952

I am Jack's smirking revenge.

rlsuth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rlsuth

Sadly, my vey first Binder Of Cabriolets, seems to have been lost by Fedex.
From the tracking record, it came within 20 miles of my house, then veered away and ended up in Ohio. From there, it vanished into the mists of time.

h2omojo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages h2omojo
terrybatey wrote:My bosses wife just called the office to tell him that his worker Terry is online with woot and not working. Guess I should think next time about using my real name. Silly me. Uh, yeah Shelly, I am working and wooting too. I am able to do two things at once woot and work. By the way your husband is able to do two things at once too answer the phone and fill in your own blank.

Shelly........didn't your parents tell you when you were a wee child. It's not nice to be a TADDLE TALE!!!! Shame on you...that's not very Wooterific!

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp

Oh boy!:

One box:

One box, opened. Ooooo...:

One curious cat, investigating the bountiful crappiness:

Crap!

1 - Samsonite camera bag (Excellent, can truly use this!)
1 - Suihist Chinese source of endless amusement (We'll see about that)
1 - Kensington laptop firewall thingy (No need. No laptop. Perhaps eBay)
2 - Requisite USB "chinese handcuffs" or cross stitch counters. (Skeet anyone?)

stonefry

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stonefry
ao7996 wrote:
who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and get Roomba thats laying around.... or this
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=769952

Actually, those sold out.

Wooters are a strange breed indeed.

terrybatey

h2omojo wrote:

Shelly........didn't your parents tell you when you were a wee child. It's not nice to be a TADDLE TALE!!!! Shame on you...that's not very Wooterific!

Didn't mean to embarass Shelly by the fill in the blank comment. Just annoy her a little for her tattling. For the record we have a great man for a boss (family man) most of us have worked for him for over 20 years. We very rarely have people call out sick or miss a day due to the relaxed atmosphere here at work. Yes we all work hard but are allowed to surf the web when not busy even do our xmas shopping online. We could fill in the blank a hundred ways with all he does while he is on the phone. Most are innocent some are not (he, he) but he is still a great guy. Hope he gets to sleep upstairs tonight. Boy I never realized how many people we know that woot. They are all calling the office about the comments above. Looks like we all woot at work. Oh, and yes, I am still employed with Shellys husband. Woot Whooo!!!!

Els6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Els6
terrybatey wrote: Didn't mean to embarass Shelly by the fill in the blank comment. Just annoy her a little for her tattling. For the record we have a great man for a boss (family man) most of us have worked for him for over 20 years. We very rarely have people call out sick or miss a day due to the relaxed atmosphere here at work. Yes we all work hard but are allowed to surf the web when not busy even do our xmas shopping online. We could fill in the blank a hundred ways with all he does while he is on the phone. Most are innocent some are not (he, he) but he is still a great guy. Hope he gets to sleep upstairs tonight. Boy I never realized how many people we know that woot. They are all calling the office about the comments above. Looks like we all woot at work.

OK...so where are you located, and, have any job openings?!?!? I can dig a workplace that allows WOOTING!

snakeeyes1169

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snakeeyes1169

I finally received my crap.
2 USB THUMB CRAP LOCK.
1 SAMSONITE CAMERA PACK.
1 TOOTHPASTE THAT LOOKED USED (& ABUSED)
1 ROBORAPTOR THAT ROARS TOO MUCH.

I did scare the hell out of my brother who is 25, so at least I got a kick out of that. Oh yea not to mentioned my girl still has nightmares cause of this roboraptor. LOL.

terrybatey

Els6 wrote:

OK...so where are you located, and, have any job openings?!?!? I can dig a workplace that allows WOOTING!

In Pa, sorry no openings.We just hired two newbies recently that we are still training (to woot of course). As long as the work gets done by the end of the day he is cool with us. He is a smart enough boss to realize a happy employee is a productive employee.

ao7996

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ao7996
stonefry wrote:

Actually, those sold out.

Wooters are a strange breed indeed.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess theres at least 17 of them sitting in woot world begging to speed up defrosting a windshield.... but if there are no more, a good old fashioned dog welcome sign would be appericated

I am Jack's smirking revenge.

MrShake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrShake

I'll have to post pics later.. but:

1 x Samsonite Camera/Camcorder Bag
2 x Thumbdrive Locks (these will make GREAT white elephant or secret santa gifts)
1 X Benign Girl Plastic Cell Phone
1 x World Poker Tour Plug and Play Poker Video Game w/8 Controllers

Over all.. very kool, we will even use the poker game!!

btgarner

quality posts: 3 Private Messages btgarner
lichter wrote:I got one too but I didn't do anything with it because the charger had dried blood all over it.

Happy Halloween! =)

snakeeyes1169

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snakeeyes1169
lichter wrote:

Isn't it Ironic. It is a virgin cordless phone but yet has dried blood all over it. :-D

CUatTHEFINISH

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH
terrybatey wrote: In Pa, sorry no openings.We just hired two neebies recently that we are still training (to woot of course). As long as the work gets done by the end of the day he is cool with us. He is a smart enough boss to realize a happy employee is a productive employee.

Sounds like a very cool work environment indeed :O

Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

Dave04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dave04
Dave04 wrote:
First of all, let me be very clear on one point: FEDEX SUCKS!

I live barely 30 miles from the Woot Warehouse... should have received my package 3 days ago. Aparently, FedEx thinks McKinney, TX is out in California somewhere. They misrouted my package out there and now say they will only put it on a truck back to here, so 6 more days to wait!

If anyone is interested in following along: http://tinyurl.com/y44vpv

While I can't speak for the company as a whole, the FedEx employees I spoke with today must think customer satisfaction is some kind of joke.

OK... at this point I'm going to have to eat a bit of crow...

After speaking to the FedEX manager (named "Pat")... I mentioned it would be nice that since they misrouted my package to California on a very slow truck, it would be nice if they put an airbill label to send it back quickly... and you know what? THEY DID!! Arrive in Memphis last night, Dallas this morning and is on the truck for delivery to my house...

My apologies to all... FedEX made it right...