Hodgesphotography

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hodgesphotography
crimsonclay wrote:
There are actually way more than one or two that complain. But what I was doing wasn't actually complaining as much as just expressing my thoughts on the matter. I didn't email Woot demanding to receive the Bandolier of Carrots or anything of the sort. I contacted them about the problem and they said it was a server error and there was nothing that could be done. Case closed, I thanked them and went on! I actually had alot of fun trying to order also, and have had fun looking at everyone's treasure. After about a year and a half of being a Woot member I actually made it to the order screen on the Bandolier of Carrots for the first time and that was cool. I have ordered several other Woots in the last few weeks. I am not mad at Woot or even really complaining just upset. He changed his mind and Woot fixed his order, they messed up and denied mine. My problem, my bad luck. Nothing at all against him. I will shut up and wait for the next one, sorry, his post just took me by surprise!! Please don't be offended no offense was meant!

I had the same problems got all the way to the complete order page and still my order did not go through -- i started my order immediately too no comments or anything. Servers were simply crushed. (with woot's posting today on the blog we know why) im not going to complain my last Bandolier of Carrots was awesome and ill get another soon. Maybe they will make up foor it with a note for me next time. till then ill keep wooting

ryantrash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryantrash

Alright, just now getting around to posting what I received in my Bride of Chucky:

1. Camera bag
2. 2x Thumbdrive locks
3. Kensington wired keyboard
4. OK, this one I cannot identify . . . perhaps someone else out there can? I've spent my fair share of time in hardware stores, but this item is beyond me:

And a bit closer:

Handle is like that of a fireplace tool, while the head has a removable wire brush on one side and a chisel on the other. Definitely NOT a BBQ tool . . . my only thought is possibly something to do with horseshoeing????

pixelbender

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pixelbender
ryantrash wrote:Alright, just now getting around to posting what I received in my Bride of Chucky:

1. Camera bag
2. 2x Thumbdrive locks
4. OK, this one I cannot identify . . . perhaps someone else out there can? I've spent my fair share of time in hardware stores, but this item is beyond me:

And a bit closer:

Handle is like that of a fireplace tool, while the head has a removable wire brush on one side and a chisel on the other. Definitely NOT a BBQ tool . . . my only thought is possibly something to do with horseshoeing????

Could it be ... the RADDEST CRAP EVER!!!

BeanDip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BeanDip
ryantrash wrote:

And a bit closer:

Possibly a boot cleaner? For when you get muddy boots or snow.

Thingfish67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thingfish67
ryantrash wrote:Alright, just now getting around to posting what I received in my Bride of Chucky:

1. Camera bag
2. 2x Thumbdrive locks

And a bit closer:

That is a welding hammer for cleaning the flux off of welds. Hit the flux with the chisel side then polish the weld with the wire brush.

CUatTHEFINISH

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH
pixelbender wrote:

Could it be ... the RADDEST CRAP EVER!!!

I agree

Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

xenocarcinus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xenocarcinus
Thingfish67 wrote:

That is a welding hammer for cleaning the flux off of welds. Hit the flux with the chisel side then polish the weld with the wire brush.

wow !!
If the world ends and only wooters survive (what are the chances). We can rebuild the world ! We have all kinds of people here who know all kinds of kick ass things !!!

<div id="zunecard_big" class="zunecard"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://imagecache.w00t.com?url=http://social.zune.net//xweb/lx/swf/zunecard.swf?ver=1192" style="" id="flashUserCard" name="flashUserCard" bgcolor="#FFF" wmode="opaque" salign="tl" flashvars="baseURL=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.zune.net%2fzcard%2fusercardservice.ashx%3fzunetag%3dXenocarcinus%26src%3dlarge&MMplayerType=PlugIn" height="260" width="548"></div>

Thingfish67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thingfish67
xenocarcinus wrote:

wow !!
If the world ends and only wooters survive (what are the chances). We can rebuild the world ! We have all kinds of people here who know all kinds of kick ass things !!!

Had welding in votech in high school. Suprised I could remember that because welding wasn't the only thing that went on in the booths. Ventilation in the booths didn't get rid of just welding fumes!!!!!

mfitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfitch
rfemia wrote:

Maybe the CSI team can check the blood to see if it is someone famous.

most of the famous people don't have their DNA on file with the FBI.

27 unique / 44 total woot'ed items in 2010 - how did that happen?

rfemia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rfemia
mfitch wrote:

most of the famous people don't have their DNA on file with the FBI.

They probably have Hoffa's DNA. This could be the clue the FBI is looking for. Of course he did dissapear before these adapters existed. I still say let Grisom have a look at it.

cogentman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cogentman
ryantrash wrote:...

And a bit closer:

Thingfish67 is correct:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATLAS-CHIPPING-HAMMER-BRUSH-Weld-Cleaning-Tool_W0QQitemZ220036239245QQihZ012QQcategoryZ34096QQcmdZViewItem

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages BuffBillsFan
clarinetJWD wrote:Got mine too!

2 USB locks, surprise surprise...
1 Logitech NUON controller
1 Samsonite video/camera bag
1 WD2500 250GB Hard Drive

I'm more than happy!

In the immortal words of Taggart after Hedley Lamarr waxes poetic about his thought process: "Ditto!"

In other words, I got the same stuff - which works out just fine since I needed the A/V bag to go along with the JVC MiniDV Camcorder from the Wootoff, and I can always use another 250GB hard drive. Now, the USB locks I'll give as tricks to unsuspecting trick-or-treaters (not the real young ones - that would be cruel), and the NUON controller will be archived next to my CueCat.

pixelbender

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pixelbender
BuffBillsFan wrote:

In the immortal words of Taggart after Hedley Lamarr waxes poetic about his thought process: "Ditto!"

In other words, I got the same stuff - which works out just fine since I needed the A/V bag to go along with the JVC MiniDV Camcorder from the Wootoff, and I can always use another 250GB hard drive. Now, the USB locks I'll give as tricks to unsuspecting trick-or-treaters (not the real young ones - that would be cruel), and the NUON controller will be archived next to my CueCat.

Ditto? Ditto you provincial putz?!

papaya0301

quality posts: 0 Private Messages papaya0301
BuffBillsFan wrote:and the NUON controller will be archived next to my CueCat.

I remember CueCats! Wow, it seems like so long ago that we though being able to scan a barcode into our computers we a good idea...I think I still have a CueCat t-shirt somewhere...

y3lh5a

quality posts: 9 Private Messages y3lh5a
BuffBillsFan wrote:
...and the NUON controller will be archived next to my CueCat.

Wow, I even have a CueCat too. I don't think I ever got it to work, though.

38 woots and counting over 7+ years.

tugboatrat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tugboatrat
y3lh5a wrote:

Wow, I even have a CueCat too. I don't think I ever got it to work, though.

I just got rid of my CueCat a couple months ago....don't think it ever worked properly.

Delays, Delays, nothing but delays.

No! Never give up, never surrender.

allmpres1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allmpres1
pixelbender wrote:

Ditto? Ditto you provincial putz?!

One of my favorite movies of all time!

matthewmccune

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matthewmccune

this is a slag hammer for arc welding.

addikt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages addikt

Yep. It's a regular tool any stick welder is going to have/use frequently.

h2omojo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages h2omojo
lichter wrote:

I got one too but I didn't do anything with it because the charger had dried blood all over it.

Not sure what's worse...this or the backpack camera bag that looked to have spooge on it : (

kallee02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kallee02
snakeeyes1169 wrote:
Isn't it Ironic. It is a virgin cordless phone but yet has dried blood all over it. :-D

Thats' just Wrong!

maxinater

quality posts: 4 Private Messages maxinater
nomo01 wrote:Picture of my 3 craps w/bag:

Recap of crap (from pg 39)
1 new Samsonite camera bag
2 new Thumbdrive locks
1 used Targus Universal Wireless Keyboard for PDAs
1 used Sony SJ22 PDA (no stylus, no AC power adapter and no USB plug adapter)-- which means this is nothing more than a paperweight unless I can find some of the missing items.

Wow, I have that exact pda. except i have two ac adapters, usb plug, 2 styluses.

29 wootz (I was better than everyone else)
Avg. qty: 1.642857
Total of 48 items
Last purchase: Buckyballs 2-for-Tuesday

stonefry

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stonefry
snakeeyes1169 wrote:
Isn't it Ironic. It is a virgin cordless phone but yet has dried blood all over it. :-D

Actually, if it didn't have the blood ...

thomaskelly427

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thomaskelly427
ao7996 wrote:
the same thing is happening to me.... we will get the crappiest of the crap, but it is better then the ones who are less crapily fortunate and didn't get to order.

who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and get Roomba thats laying around.... or this
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=769952

I am cross my fingers. . . . . . . . . that i don't end up with one. . .LOL

KiTchMe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KiTchMe
lichter wrote:

I got one too but I didn't do anything with it because the charger had dried blood all over it.

Call CSI, they'll have DNA analysis in under 60 seconds, perhaps faster than that.

demon42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages demon42

Wow, the FedEx driver must've had a lead foot, cuz I didn't expect my Bandolier of Carrots 'till Monday.

1x camera bag
2x USB locks
1x nuon gamepad
1x universal notebook power adapter (Tho not universal enough for my Dell 700m)

not too shabby

gmr75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmr75
JeffDan wrote:Did anyone else get the Virgin Cordless Phone? I ask because I let it charge for hours and it won't seem to work. The battery got nice and warm though so I took it out before it melted the phone.

I am thinking of getting a new battery and trying again, but if other people have gotten the phone and never got it working I don't want to bother.

Got mine, gave it a good wipe down with rubbing alcohol to get rid of the dirt left on it from it's previous own. Plugged it in - Initially didn't work. I unplugged the battery, checked the connections, and plugged it back in and it worked. Holds a charge fine (the battery does get warm when charging). It has awful ringtones! I really don't know what I'm going to do with it, as I don't even have a landline at home.

My rubberband gun was the pearl in my bucket of oysters. It can rapidfire ten elastics with laser accuracy. Now I have elastics all over my office!

mm2587

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mm2587

woot to the rescue:

so halloween party tonight. The procrastinator I am, I had no costume.
But wait
"useless" green bandana from my bag of cap + eye patch from the dollar store = pirate costume

score. thanks woot!

bobznc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobznc

Got my first Blinged-Out Cabbage today after missing the delivery yesterday. In no way am I disappointed, but mine had nothing too special in it:

2x Thumbdrive locks
1x Camera Bag
1x Virgin Pulse 2.4 GHz Cordless Phone
1x LED Light Up Dinasour with split open belly
1x 6" Ribbon

The locks are semi-useless for my thumbdriveless life, I don;t have a a landline in my apartment, but once I go home for winter break it'll be put to use, I tore the LED circuit out of the dinasour to play around with, the ribbon is sweet, but actually the most useful to me is the camera bag. I have a camcorder bag, but this is has a backback form factor which could come in handy. All in all a positive experience especially because this time I never went out of my way to watch this woot off, I was just lucky to be on my computer when the Bandolier of Carrots came up.

jrucker2004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrucker2004

1. Camera bag
2. 2x Thumbdrive locks

And a bit closer:

woah, someone got smart. i have never seen one with a brush on it before, back in my day we had a hammer AND a brush, and we were happy with it.

• Rio Cali 256MB MP3 Player
  • BFG FX5200 256mb Overclocked AGP Card
  • Kensington USB 2.0 PocketHub w/AC Adapter 2 Pack
  • Bountiful October Cornucopia

ikishk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ikishk

oh the irony, I'm 10 miles from woot on vacation, and my redelivered package gets home. now i have to wait till monday

woot.wikia.com/wiki/Woot-Off_Checkers---woot.kishk.org
2008-8/10,7/15,6/27,6/15,6/3,4/15,2/18,1/29,1/15,
2007-12/7,12/7,12/7,11/16,10/19,7/20,7/19,7/13,7/12*,6/1^,5/22,5/14,5/11,4/30,4/26^,4/26,4/26,
4/1*,3/23^,3/22,3/21,3/16,3/2,1/31*,1/31,1/30,
2006-12/8^,12/7,12/7,11/16,11/16,11/13,10/13*,10/12,9/17,8/23,8/17,8/17,7/27,7/13,5/18
TAXSUCKS code for TX on orders over $40

Dave04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dave04

Well... it's here...

1. Samsonite Camera Bag
2. two USB thumb drive locks
3. iPod mini neoprene case
4. "Student of the Month" socks (that's right, a pair of children's socks, with a retail value of $4)

If anyone REALLY wants to see the socks, I'll post them up...

ch1x0r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ch1x0r
JeffDan wrote:Did anyone else get the Virgin Cordless Phone? I ask because I let it charge for hours and it won't seem to work. The battery got nice and warm though so I took it out before it melted the phone.

I am thinking of getting a new battery and trying again, but if other people have gotten the phone and never got it working I don't want to bother.

I got the phone also. It was a Target return, minus the blood. I charged it up for a few hours and it worked just fine. It has some obnoxious ringers though!

writdenied

quality posts: 0 Private Messages writdenied

Most curious...

no bag (!)
2 x thumbdive locks
1 x Kensington wireless optical mini-mouse
1 x green, red, and white leather boxing gloves with "MEXICO" and Mexico logo on them (made in Pakistan)
1 x oversized (seriously -- the face is bigger than a silver dollar) high-fashion faux-bejeweled wristwatch with "Geneva Elite 91020" stamped on back

I'd call false advertising on the bag part, but the crap is so wonderfully crappy. Oh Woot, I can't stay mad at you.

mchianese and I are going to have to duke it out for superiority over the North American landmass. (Anybody get any Canada boxing gloves?)

jkroadrunner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkroadrunner
Dave04 wrote:

4. "Student of the Month" socks (that's right, a pair of children's socks, with a retail value of $4)

POST 'em!

newsette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newsette
Dave04 wrote:
Well... it's here...

1. Samsonite Camera Bag
2. two USB thumb drive locks
3. iPod mini neoprene case

POST 'EM

WOOT ON!

plcdude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plcdude

Crapolicious,

2 x thumbdrive locks
1 x Kensington wireless optical mini-mouse
1 x Samsonite Camera Bag
1 x Logitech Nuon controller

What a great Bandolier of Carrots!!!

bedroomiii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bedroomiii

Wooted 50> times and going strong

hdspikez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hdspikez

i got the regular Camera bag, 2 thumblock drives, a mini mouse and the worst of the worst...

A CAN OF SPAM!

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey

A CAN OF SPAMI... think that may be a new item in the bag. of..crap