pixelbender


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pixelbender

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls....

To add drama to this crap-o-rific crap-off, I am here to tell you that you (and I) will find out what my 3rd crap is this THURDAY THE 2nd. Of course, only at about 6 c'clock CST as I'm training for work out of town, and am having whatever it is delivered to my work here in town.

........

pixelbender


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pixelbender

I hit the button once, it posted it twice....

terrybatey


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
pixelbender wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls....

To add drama to this crap-o-rific crap-off, I am here to tell you that you (and I) will find out what my 3rd crap is this THURDAY THE 2nd. Of course, only at about 6 c'clock CST as I'm training for work out of town, and am having whatever it is delivered to my work here in town.

........

Glad they gave you a date. I have my fingers crossed. Don't forget pictures please.

CUatTHEFINISH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH
pixelbender wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls....

To add drama to this crap-o-rific crap-off, I am here to tell you that you (and I) will find out what my 3rd crap is this THURDAY THE 2nd. Of course, only at about 6 c'clock CST as I'm training for work out of town, and am having whatever it is delivered to my work here in town.

........



Once again gratz to you pixel for getting that note, this is the best woot ever for entertainment. Not matter what we get for that 3rd crap, it was the best $8 bucks I spent. ever. XD


Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

chimpsnest


quality posts: 1 Private Messages chimpsnest
CUatTHEFINISH wrote:

Once again gratz to you pixel for getting that note, this is the best woot ever for entertainment. Not matter what we get for that 3rd crap, it was the best $8 bucks I spent. ever. XD




Yay!!! We're all excited for you pixel, hopefully it's a GREAT crap and not a CRAPTACULAR crap!

I am better than everybody else!

chimpsnest


quality posts: 1 Private Messages chimpsnest

In previous crap bags have there ever been any wooters that also got the mysterious note?? If so, what did they get?

I am better than everybody else!

Wiser1856


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wiser1856

Some guy last year got a huge freaking TV

crazyfreakid


quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazyfreakid
pixelbender wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls....

To add drama to this crap-o-rific crap-off, I am here to tell you that you (and I) will find out what my 3rd crap is this THURDAY THE 2nd. Of course, only at about 6 c'clock CST as I'm training for work out of town, and am having whatever it is delivered to my work here in town.

........



Is it really wise for it to be delivered to your work in town? What if it happens to be large and ungainly, then you'll have a hell of a time getting it home, eh?

terrybatey


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
CUatTHEFINISH wrote:

Once again gratz to you pixel for getting that note, this is the best woot ever for entertainment. Not matter what we get for that 3rd crap, it was the best $8 bucks I spent. ever. XD

Just wondering if you have been notified when to expect your unexpected crap.

CUatTHEFINISH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH
terrybatey wrote: Just wondering if you have been notified when to expect your unexpected crap.



not a single word.. heheh. So yep, my crap is still unexpected. But I can only assume if it's coming soon it'll prolly be the same day as pixel's for added effect.


Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

slimjon


quality posts: 1 Private Messages slimjon

I received my crappolla. It only took WOOT 3 weeks to send it. I got:

2x USB Locks
1x Blue Fuzzy Dice
1x Samsonite Camera Bag
1x Re-furb Car Emergency Kit (with Electric Tire Pump)

pixelbender


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pixelbender
crazyfreakid wrote:

Is it really wise for it to be delivered to your work in town? What if it happens to be large and ungainly, then you'll have a hell of a time getting it home, eh?



After getting off the phone with the delivery company and telling them to deliver it to my work, I immediately called my boss and said I'm having something that takes a delivery company to deliver it delivered to work. He has a truck and will help me take home any foam head, tv, plastic cow, etc that may arrive.

pixelbender


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pixelbender

How many times has woot sold the bandolier this last year? Or ever?

CUatTHEFINISH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH
pixelbender wrote:How many times has woot sold the bandolier this last year? Or ever?



I would guesstimate 3 for the year (this one being the 3rd). There was also one in June not sure about previous ones though, haven't looked that far back yet. Maybe max 4? The last one to have a note (to what I could find based on community input) was on November of last year.


Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

kuoh


quality posts: 2 Private Messages kuoh

Perhaps you should've also asked them for the approximate size and weight of the object? Unless that is, you're trying not to spoil the surprise for yourself.

KuoH

pixelbender wrote:After getting off the phone with the delivery company and telling them to deliver it to my work, I immediately called my boss and said I'm having something that takes a delivery company to deliver it delivered to work. He has a truck and will help me take home any foam head, tv, plastic cow, etc that may arrive.

CUatTHEFINISH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH

Actually it would spoil the surprise for both pixel and I, as a multitude of things are up for grabs for the both of us (if one person got one thing, it 'could' be drawn that the other won't get that same item). Could we be getting the giant head? Is it an Über-giant TV? Or, is it a fiberglass moo-cow? More at 11.

*ahem* Anyways, I'm wanting to be surprised myself. Or it takes the fun out of it. Maybe pixel and I should hold all info from everyone including us other than we "got it" until we both have received our 3rd crap. Then simultaneously post it.


Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

terrybatey


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
CUatTHEFINISH wrote:Actually it would spoil the surprise for both pixel and I, as a multitude of things are up for grabs for the both of us (if one person got one thing, it 'could' be drawn that the other won't get that same item). Could we be getting the giant head? Is it an Über-giant TV? Or, is it a fiberglass moo-cow? More at 11.

*ahem* Anyways, I'm wanting to be surprised myself. Or it takes the fun out of it. Maybe pixel and I should hold all info from everyone including us other than we "got it" until we both have received our 3rd crap. Then simultaneously post it.

I don't think it would spoil anything for you if pixel does post what he receives this week. Maybe you both will get something good or both get something just unique and strange. With Woot no matter what pixel gets you will still have no clue what you are getting. Of course if pixel gets something that is one of a kind you'll know you're not receiving that item. That may be a good thing especially the "special head". I do find it intriguing that woot hasn't contacted you with a delivery date for your 3rd crap yet. Let's hope that (giant head) was purchased by woot as their mascot and it's going to stay sitting in their workplace for them to enjoy.

cracksbacks


quality posts: 5 Private Messages cracksbacks

Not to be a negative nancy, but I for one am hoping that pixel gets the ultra heavy 61" TV sent to work...It is great to get the uber crap, and utterly hillarious that this confluence of forces would lead to this utter pain in the ass.

Still, enjoy whatever you get pixel and thanks for the anticipation

unusualpsycho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages unusualpsycho
CUatTHEFINISH wrote:Actually it would spoil the surprise for both pixel and I, as a multitude of things are up for grabs for the both of us (if one person got one thing, it 'could' be drawn that the other won't get that same item). Could we be getting the giant head? Is it an Über-giant TV? Or, is it a fiberglass moo-cow? More at 11.

*ahem* Anyways, I'm wanting to be surprised myself. Or it takes the fun out of it. Maybe pixel and I should hold all info from everyone including us other than we "got it" until we both have received our 3rd crap. Then simultaneously post it.



A life size plastic cow would be the best. If you were lucky enough to score one of those then you are truly a favorite customer of the Lords of Woot.

chimpsnest


quality posts: 1 Private Messages chimpsnest
terrybatey wrote: I do find it intriguing that woot hasn't contacted you with a delivery date for your 3rd crap yet. Let's hope that (giant head) was purchased by woot as their mascot and it's going to stay sitting in their workplace for them to enjoy.



Well for the sake of all that is holy I hope this forum didn't give Woot any ideas ... hey, were were going to send a TV, but really the head is taking up space, let's send that instead and other person can get the monkey fist thing. (something I noticed woot bought on eBay, uber creepy statue thing).

I am better than everybody else!

CUatTHEFINISH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH

the only problem with the monkey statue is the fact that it could have fit in my box.

It's measurements in inches are 6.5W x 4D x 6H.



My woot box is 19.5 x 9.8 x 7 (I can't throw it out, it has too much value to me =P)

But then again that camera bag was awfully big. I guess we shall see eh?


Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

h2omojo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages h2omojo

I'm not sure what is more exciting.....when I got my crap, or waiting to hear what you 2 get?

I'm so hoppy excited!

jrucker2004


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrucker2004
chimpsnest wrote:

Well for the sake of all that is holy I hope this forum didn't give Woot any ideas ... hey, were were going to send a TV, but really the head is taking up space, let's send that instead and other person can get the monkey fist thing. (something I noticed woot bought on eBay, uber creepy statue thing).



what is woot's user id on ebay?


  • Rio Cali 256MB MP3 Player
  • BFG FX5200 256mb Overclocked AGP Card
  • Kensington USB 2.0 PocketHub w/AC Adapter 2 Pack
  • Bountiful October Cornucopia

stonefry


quality posts: 5 Private Messages stonefry
pixelbender wrote:How many times has woot sold the bandolier this last year? Or ever?



Oct 13, 2006 Random Crap - Wootoff
Jul 12, 2006 Random Crap - Non Wootoff
Jun 09, 2006 Random Crap - Wootoff
Jun 02, 2006 Random Crap - Non Wootoff
Mar 06, 2006 InFocus 61” DLP Ultra-Thin HDTV with Random Crap - Non Wootoff
Feb 17, 2006 Random Crap: 2006 Calendar Edition v.2 - Wootoff
Feb 16, 2006 Random Crap - Wootoff
Feb 10, 2006 Random Crap - Wootoff
Jan 03, 2006 Random Crap: 2006 Calendar Edition - non Wootoff
Dec 25, 2005 Random Crap - Non Wootoff
Nov 18, 2005 Random Crap - Wootoff
Nov 04, 2005 Random Crap - Non Wootoff
Jul 18, 2005 Random Crap - Non Wootoff

Where the heck do they find all of this random crap anyhow.

Can you imagine staying up 'til midnight to see the next Woot, AND IT'S RANDOM CALENDARS?

Well, I guess some of you wouldn't have to imagine it.

linda790


quality posts: 2 Private Messages linda790
chimpsnest wrote:
.... the monkey fist thing. (something I noticed woot bought on eBay, uber creepy statue thing).



I think the monkey fist thing is related to the monkey prizes that woot! gives out for its weekly contests. Also, note that they have been giving out odd prizes for the other contests (see a few pages back for the Elvis book), so perhaps if that ebay-er really is woot!, then they are purchasing items for the monkey prizes not 3-rd craps.

Just a thought.

CUatTHEFINISH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH

I like that thought linda, it's also a nice touch to the monkey prize award. XD


Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

chimpsnest


quality posts: 1 Private Messages chimpsnest
jrucker2004 wrote:

what is woot's user id on ebay?



I cannot find it now, i found it via that other thread that was talking about the fact that woot bought the foam ken jennings head ... it's back quite a few pages in this thread and it leads to the other thread.

anybody know, I can't dig right now..

I am better than everybody else!

CUatTHEFINISH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH

I have a feeling pixel will be getting a TV. But don't quote me on it unless it happens.


Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

jdennis


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdennis
jrucker2004 wrote:

what is woot's user id on ebay?



wootinc

chimpsnest


quality posts: 1 Private Messages chimpsnest
jdennis wrote:

wootinc



thank you for posting that, all i knew was that it had 'woot' in it.

I am better than everybody else!

terrybatey


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
CUatTHEFINISH wrote:I have a feeling pixel will be getting a TV. But don't quote me on it unless it happens.

From earlier posting we know that pixelbender lives in MO. What state do you reside in if you don't mind me asking?

CUatTHEFINISH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH
terrybatey wrote: From earlier posting we know that pixelbender lives in MO. What state do you reside in if you don't mind me asking?



I currently reside in Indiana.. Then again, freight does cost a lot per size. So it would be a mighty pretty penny to ship a giant head to Mid-Indiana.

lol, I can't stand but to speculate what will happen. I'm just excited about my 3rd crap no matter what it may be.


Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

FunnyGirl5830


quality posts: 0 Private Messages FunnyGirl5830
CUatTHEFINISH wrote:

I currently reside in Indiana.. Then again, freight does cost a lot per size. So it would be a mighty pretty penny to ship a giant head to Mid-Indiana.

lol, I can't stand but to speculate what will happen. I'm just excited about my 3rd crap no matter what it may be.



i'm so excited for BOTH of you guys... imagine they really messed with you guys and buzzsawed the ken jennings head right down the middle and sent each of you half?

lordy lordy the possibilities are endless!!!

terrybatey


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
CUatTHEFINISH wrote:

I currently reside in Indiana.. Then again, freight does cost a lot per size. So it would be a mighty pretty penny to ship a giant head to Mid-Indiana.

lol, I can't stand but to speculate what will happen. I'm just excited about my 3rd crap no matter what it may be.

Don't know if you noticed but when woot purchased the head it was sent to MO. Probably doesn't mean a thing but Isn't woot located somewhere in Texas.

sierra513


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sierra513
terrybatey wrote: Don't know if you noticed but when woot purchased the head it was sent to MO. Probably doesn't mean a thing but Isn't woot located somewhere in Texas.



Yes, but they have a facility in St Louis also.

pixelbender


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pixelbender

I'm pretty sure we can rule out the monkey as it could have been shipped Fedex/DHL. The head... I don't remember the weight but I'm quite certain its girth would be greater than Fedex/DHL restrictions lol!

CUatTHEFINISH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH
pixelbender wrote:I'm pretty sure we can rule out the monkey as it could have been shipped Fedex/DHL. The head... I don't remember the weight but I'm quite certain its girth would be greater than Fedex/DHL restrictions lol!



heheheh, the size alone smashes the max for any normal shipping method (which means freight is the only option). I know with UPS anyways weight wise it can be 150lbs or less to make it onto the delivery truck. But size is indeed everything. I wonder if they made a box (42" by 40" by 40") for the head. XD. Hey it needs a home too =(


Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

accumulator


quality posts: 2 Private Messages accumulator

My crap is beginning its THIRD DAY of riding around town on the Fedex truck (no delivery attempts - just "out for delivery" ). I'm reading about shipments of spectacular crap being scheduled by delivery companies, and I'm just wondering if the Fedex guy is ever in this lifetime going to find my house.

Yeesh.

chimpsnest


quality posts: 1 Private Messages chimpsnest
CUatTHEFINISH wrote:

heheheh, the size alone smashes the max for any normal shipping method (which means freight is the only option). I know with UPS anyways weight wise it can be 150lbs or less to make it onto the delivery truck. But size is indeed everything. I wonder if they made a box (42" by 40" by 40") for the head. XD. Hey it needs a home too =(



Well, I'm happy for you guys that it's most likely not the monkey head thing, it's ghastly, lol. I wasn't thinking about the "fit in the box" scenario when I posted.

"twenty-twenty-twenty-four hours to goooooo, I want to get my last crap...." (with apologies to the ramones for that)

I am better than everybody else!

papaya0301


quality posts: 0 Private Messages papaya0301
stonefry wrote:Can you imagine staying up 'til midnight to see the next Woot, AND IT'S RANDOM CALENDARS?

Well, I guess some of you wouldn't have to imagine it.



I am one of the ones who knows what it is like to stay up 'til 1am EST to see random calenders. Of course, them being $1 each, I bought them. Then, as I looked at my receipt I thought, "what did I just do? I don't even like having calenders around!" However, I was lucky enough to receive one with a Wal*Mart sticker on it declaring that it was $8.88, so I made $0.88 on the whole transaction (and strange looks from my sorority sisters when I was excited about getting the package!)