newsette


quality posts: 0 Private Messages newsette



I must follow the commandment of "Want the crap you get, not the crap you want."[/quote]

Words to live by.

WOOT ON!

CUatTHEFINISH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH
newsette wrote:

Words to live by.



heheheh, indeed. Hmm... I wonder if pixel is ready to post yet. It's past delivery time, I'm at the edge of my seat to see what he received.


Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

chimpsnest


quality posts: 1 Private Messages chimpsnest
GiantKenJenningsHead wrote:

Are you sure about that? I might be bringing the family with me ...



lmao

I am better than everybody else!

stonefry


quality posts: 5 Private Messages stonefry
CUatTHEFINISH wrote:

heheheh, indeed. Hmm... I wonder if pixel is ready to post yet. It's past delivery time, I'm at the edge of my seat to see what he received.



He already said that the guy who scheduled the delivery said it was a TV.

CUatTHEFINISH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH
stonefry wrote:

He already said that the guy who scheduled the delivery said it was a TV.



I know, but I have reasoning behind my statement XD. Besides I prefer to see hard evidence. Because this is woot after all.

It could be that maybe 3 TVs have been sent. Or maybe I'm just hoping for the best? lol


Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

terrybatey


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
CUatTHEFINISH wrote:

I know, but I have reasoning behind my statement XD. Besides I prefer to see hard evidence. Because this is woot after all.

It could be that maybe 3 TVs have been sent. Or maybe I'm just hoping for the best? lol

Maybe pixel hasn't posted yet cause he is busy with a tv news crew filming him with the Ken head for the night news. haha

CUatTHEFINISH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH
terrybatey wrote: Maybe pixel hasn't posted yet cause he is busy with a tv news crew filming him with the Ken head for the night news. haha



rofl, so true. Everyone, check CNN. Look for a Giant Head Breaking News Story. XD


Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

CantWootThis


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CantWootThis
CUatTHEFINISH wrote:

rofl, so true. Everyone, check CNN. Look for a Giant Head Breaking News Story. XD



Nahhh...Pixel is playing us just like woot! does. He (she) really gets it....<grins>

CUatTHEFINISH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH
CantWootThis wrote:

Nahhh...Pixel is playing us just like woot! does. He (she) really gets it....<grins>



If only you knew how deep the rabbit hole goes.. lol


Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

JPhilipson


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JPhilipson
monidel wrote:Oh screw it. I got a note in my box that had my crap in it that said that my 3rd crap wouldn't fit in the box. A delivery co. called yesterday and said they were delivering it today. I didn't know I had to let the whole woot community know that a delivery co. called me. Anyway, I got the TV today believe it or not because I can't figure out how to post a picture from Webshots because that is the only place I put it on the web. So excuse me for not being so savvy as to know how to post a picture. Excuse me while I go read my manual on my new 61 inch TV. And yes I have a picture of the note too but like I said............ I don't know how to post it!!!



WT Heck....now I'm mad.

DanMurry


quality posts: 2 Private Messages DanMurry

Wow, I just read 50 or so pages of this post instead of studying for my test tomorrow and I feel like I have been left hanging! Someone pleeease find out if pixel and cutie got a tv or large head :-p

It's almost like a soap opera. Go Woot!

Check out my Woot! Purchases, Reviews, and Mods!

http://woot.dmurry.com

terrybatey


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
CUatTHEFINISH wrote:

rofl, so true. Everyone, check CNN. Look for a Giant Head Breaking News Story. XD

I have a feeling pixel did what you had asked the other day and held off telling what he received not to spoil anything for you. Would have been nice if he let us know he wasn't going to post last night though. Would have saved me a lot of time spent checking for his message. Oh well are you going to post today what you receive at your parents home? Its your choice to post or not today just please give us the courtesy of letting us know so we don't waste our time coming back and forth checking.

Cleach80


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cleach80
dsreid wrote:Ok, so you think that since I only have 5 posts I am a noob? I have checked woot at 12:00AM for probably the past year, missing only a couple times. I choose not to usually post in the forums. If i was a noob, how would I get to reading this post, on page 73 of Random Crap from 3 weeks ago. I also do play my 360 a lot, using this in halo would be great. Normal business policy is first come first serve. I would give you 5+ shipping if thats what you wanted. But if you reason that being a "noob" by me not posting is a reason to sell to the other guy, go ahead.



I whole-heartedly apologize for the "noob" comment. You indeed have more Woots than I (I am ashamed!) and also joined a month earlier. And probably half the reason I have more posts than you is because I come on the forums to complain about not getting a Bandolier of Carrots cause of servers jams. *chuckles* Anyways, cheers to you and apologies. Ignore the ramblings of a drunken wooter! :-)

CUatTHEFINISH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH
terrybatey wrote: I have a feeling pixel did what you had asked the other day and held off telling what he received not to spoil anything for you. Would have been nice if he let us know he wasn't going to post last night though. Would have saved me a lot of time spent checking for his message. Oh well are you going to post today what you receive at your parents home? Its your choice to post or not today just please give us the courtesy of letting us know so we don't waste our time coming back and forth checking.



I will be posting today (my freight package has just been scanned this morning at 4am so the city it's in is only 20 minutes away from my house), and I'm not sure about pixel's post (but he did tell me what he got last night). So unless he's joking around with me, I'm pretty sure you'll see his post soon as well. I will also say this. I've known what my 3rd crap was since yesterday morning XD (the person at the shipping company told me and I didn't even ask her.. lol). Just keeping it under wraps until I have hard evidence and know for sure what it is.


Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

terrybatey


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
CUatTHEFINISH wrote:

I will be posting today (my freight package has just been scanned this morning at 4am so the city it's in is only 20 minutes away from my house), and I'm not sure about pixel's post (but he did tell me what he got last night). So unless he's joking around with me, I'm pretty sure you'll see his post soon as well. I will also say this. I've known what my 3rd crap was since yesterday morning XD (the person at the shipping company told me and I didn't even ask her.. lol). Just keeping it under wraps until I have hard evidence and know for sure what it is.

Glad the shipping co. told you. The suspense must have almost been too much all these days. Looking forward to seeing both of the 3rd craps.

defibrillator


quality posts: 18 Private Messages defibrillator

just wanted to post before everyone got their final craps and this message thread dies.

I missed out on the Braille on Cookiesthis time around, but I thoroughly enjoyed--as did my whole family--waiting in suspense for these three final craps, with all the concomitant speculation and such. It's hard to find for-pay entertainment of such high quality these days (unless you count albino lap dancing, but who does?). Congrats to our lucky winners and to all who got their bags, and thanks for the the long cool trip we've been on, and thanks for Woot for being fun while taking our money.

grumb


quality posts: 2 Private Messages grumb
DanMurry wrote:It's almost like a soap opera. Go Woot!



Stay tuned for another edition of "As the Woot Turns"

We're all waiting guys--Tell us before the weekend!

supergtp1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages supergtp1

Where's the final Bandolier of Carrots chart?

agentweldon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages agentweldon

I am a NUB to all of this how do u even order

Cleach80


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cleach80
agentweldon wrote:I am a NUB to all of this how do u even order



Methinks that thou art a liar! You claim to be a "NUB" and yet you have arrived at page SEVENTY FOUR of a forum! Coincedence?

Also, your spelling of NOOB is incorrect or at the very least dated. A search of "Nub" reveals the following interesting definitions from the Urban Dictionary.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Nub

someone who does not have an arm or leg, instead having a little nub.

Bethany hamilton is/ has a nub
"people like to pet my nub, i dont mind"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Nub

Typically a man of African American decent who has lost an extremity due to a cork fight accident. After these men suffer such horrible injuries they are forced to work at a Taco bell with their little stumps or otherwise known as Nubs. As the studies from Arlington Heights Nuby study center shows these men almost always work the cash register and when handed crumpled up bills these men slap the money against their little stumps or commonly known as nubs.

"Oh my god Daniel did you see that mans nub"
"HAHAH he has a nub"
"Wes wishes he became a Nub from a cockfight"
" Ricky Can't be in cork fights because of a certain reason, pertaining to the issue of having a cork"
" Myles wanker is a nub, think of an asians penis"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and as far as ordering. Sign up for an account, get a username and happy Wooting!

stonefry


quality posts: 5 Private Messages stonefry
supergtp1 wrote:Where's the final Bandolier of Carrots chart?


If you look a few (ok a lot of) pages back, he said he was going to stop making the chart because it was getting too long or something

Oh, here it is

gwp wrote:Last summary, as of 6 PM CDT today (oct 25). The list is getting too big to post anymore.



And then this the next day

gwp wrote:I stopped adding data to it. Too many bags are arriving at their destinations now to keep up with.

It served its purpose though -- the items that they had a lot of are obvious, and the rest is completely random and unpredictable. Sometimes even incomprehensible, or unexplainable, or hazardous materials even ...

mrkake


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrkake
defibrillator wrote:just wanted to post before everyone got their final craps and this message thread dies.

I missed out on the Braille on Cookiesthis time around, but I thoroughly enjoyed--as did my whole family--waiting in suspense for these three final craps, with all the concomitant speculation and such. It's hard to find for-pay entertainment of such high quality these days (unless you count albino lap dancing, but who does?). Congrats to our lucky winners and to all who got their bags, and thanks for the the long cool trip we've been on, and thanks for Woot for being fun while taking our money.



Just gotta second this statement from defib. It's been a great ride. My wife thought I was crazy until I showed her the pic of monidel's oh-so-splendid crap. It has been most entertaining to see the posts.

I also must say that I have spent time on alot of forums and the woot community is the best! Everyone is so polite and friendly. Thanks to all for making this such a great place to hang out.

Kirk Hansen

CUatTHEFINISH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH

Well it's official.. Just got off the phone with my dad,

61" Infocus ScreenPlay TV. :O

I'll post pictures when I get then, <3 woot.


Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

terrybatey


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
CUatTHEFINISH wrote:Well it's official.. Just got off the phone with my dad,

61" Infocus ScreenPlay TV. :O

I'll post pictures when I get then, <3 woot.

Congrats, what did pixel wind up with he never posted.

chimpsnest


quality posts: 1 Private Messages chimpsnest
CUatTHEFINISH wrote:Well it's official.. Just got off the phone with my dad,

61" Infocus ScreenPlay TV. :O

I'll post pictures when I get then, <3 woot.



Rock the hell on! Congrats
Is that like a 3000 dollar TV????

I am better than everybody else!

CUatTHEFINISH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH
terrybatey wrote: Congrats, what did pixel wind up with he never posted.



Thank you, I would love to speak for him, but I will not steal his thunder, sorry. XD

chimpsnest wrote:

Rock the hell on! Congrats
Is that like a 3000 dollar TV????



Thank you, and froogle values the TV around $2,500. But there's no doubt I'm keeping it. It will be something to remember woot by. I think I'm going to frame the note I got as well XD.


Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

terrybatey


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey

Thank you, I would love to speak for him, but I will not steal his thunder, sorry. XD


Well by the thunder comment I think he probably ended up with a tv like you. If he had received that big head it would be more like a tropical storm not so pleasant. No sorry necessary I just thought I'd catch you off guard with the secret. Guess your parents are thrilled to have custody of that 61" tv.

magwheels


quality posts: 0 Private Messages magwheels

<sigh> With all this excitement, more wootpeeps will hop on the wootwagon, thus making the bucket of chicken that much more challenging.

Rest now, fellow wooters.

On second thought, stay up, be very tired. For you know not when the b o' c shall come!

CUatTHEFINISH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH
terrybatey wrote:Well by the thunder comment I think he probably ended up with a tv like you. If he had received that big head it would be more like a tropical storm not so pleasant.



How do you know? Pixel and I actually talked about cool plans for the giant head. There are many things you can do with it. He had some good ideas as well.

magwheels wrote:<sigh> With all this excitement, more wootpeeps will hop on the wootwagon, thus making the bucket of chicken that much more challenging.



There is a Digg article on the girl who got the TV earlier in this thread. It was digged 1666 times. So you can be there will be an influx =/

Good for woot, bad for our chances.


Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

kwtlmn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwtlmn
Cleach80 wrote:

Methinks that thou art a liar! You claim to be a "NUB" and yet you have arrived at page SEVENTY FOUR of a forum! Coincedence?

Also, your spelling of NOOB is incorrect or at the very least dated. A search of "Nub" reveals the following interesting definitions from the Urban Dictionary.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Nub

someone who does not have an arm or leg, instead having a little nub.

Bethany hamilton is/ has a nub
"people like to pet my nub, i dont mind"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Nub

Typically a man of African American decent who has lost an extremity due to a cork fight accident. After these men suffer such horrible injuries they are forced to work at a Taco bell with their little stumps or otherwise known as Nubs. As the studies from Arlington Heights Nuby study center shows these men almost always work the cash register and when handed crumpled up bills these men slap the money against their little stumps or commonly known as nubs.

"Oh my god Daniel did you see that mans nub"
"HAHAH he has a nub"
"Wes wishes he became a Nub from a cockfight"
" Ricky Can't be in cork fights because of a certain reason, pertaining to the issue of having a cork"
" Myles wanker is a nub, think of an asians penis"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and as far as ordering. Sign up for an account, get a username and happy Wooting!


NUB - No Use Body. This is what a salty Submarine Sailor calls the non-qual, rookie, non SS squid that is breathing up their oxygen.

You can not wake those that are only pretending to sleep.

grumb


quality posts: 2 Private Messages grumb
chimpsnest wrote:

Rock the hell on! Congrats
Is that like a 3000 dollar TV????


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
03-06-2006, 1:00 AM 480129
-
Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

InFocus 61” DLP Ultra-Thin HDTV with Random Crap
$2,499.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product(s):
1 InFocus ScreenPlay 61" DLP High Definition TV - SP61MD10
1 Random Crap
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kwtlmn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwtlmn
mrkake wrote:

Just gotta second this statement from defib. It's been a great ride. My wife thought I was crazy until I showed her the pic of monidel's oh-so-splendid crap. It has been most entertaining to see the posts.

I also must say that I have spent time on alot of forums and the woot community is the best! Everyone is so polite and friendly. Thanks to all for making this such a great place to hang out.



I agree. I have really enjoyed this experience. Thanks to woot and all the wooters.

You can not wake those that are only pretending to sleep.

newsette


quality posts: 0 Private Messages newsette
CUatTHEFINISH wrote:Well it's official.. Just got off the phone with my dad,

61" Infocus ScreenPlay TV. :O

I'll post pictures when I get then, <3 woot.



My congrats on a successful craptacular!!

WOOT ON!

CUatTHEFINISH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH
newsette wrote:

My congrats on a successful craptacular!!



Thank you very much, and here are the pictures I promised in the previous post.

Unloaded:


Action Shot:


Thanks again woot!

EDIT: Sorry about the time stamp, just realized it. We changed the batteries and never reset it XD.


Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

Natey1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Natey1

Very Nice looking, but kinda takes over your house I see...I guess thats what 61" TV's do.... Congrats!

terrybatey


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey

Now thats a tv, congrats again. By the way have you spoken to pixel today wondering where his post is. Hope he is ok.

saltone


quality posts: 1 Private Messages saltone

I saw on CNN that A man in Missouri was found uncoscious under a giant foam head, he apparently was trying to mount it to the roof of his car for use in promoting teh new Jeopardy show in St. Louis.

"What the hell are we doing fighting government, let's become government and we can then take whatever we want!".
Al Capone

CantWootThis


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CantWootThis
kwtlmn wrote:
NUB - No Use Body. This is what a salty Submarine Sailor calls the non-qual, rookie, non SS squid that is breathing up their oxygen.



I always thought that characterization was an FNG....;o

CUatTHEFINISH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH
terrybatey wrote:Now thats a tv, congrats again. By the way have you spoken to pixel today wondering where his post is. Hope he is ok.



Not today I haven't =/

Last I spoke to him was last night.


Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

qisgod


quality posts: 0 Private Messages qisgod
CUatTHEFINISH wrote:

Not today I haven't =/

Last I spoke to him was last night.



How do you get that Woot! scrolling thing at the bottom of your post?