jdfrankl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdfrankl
jdfrankl wrote:My crap is still stuck at "Oct 20, 2006 10:57 PM Arrived at FedEx location IRVING, TX ". Called FedEx and they cannot find my crap but they say they are still looking. Sigh...

Fedex called today to report that my Bandolier of Carrots has been officially declared as "lost". They are going to report it to woot and I have emailed woot. I am sad that I did not get to participate in the craptacular Bandolier of Carrots show and tell.

marklwood

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marklwood
jdfrankl wrote:

Fedex called today to report that my Bandolier of Carrots has been officially declared as "lost". They are going to report it to woot and I have emailed woot. I am sad that I did not get to participate in the craptacular Bandolier of Carrots show and tell.

You would have been dissapointed anyways. They ran out of the ultra-cool thumbdrive locks and had to start giving away mediocre tv's and such.

pixelbender

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pixelbender

Sorry I didnt post yall, I got home from out of town last night and found m HUGE TV at work. Took 4 of us to move it, it was heavy!

I worked all day today, and since then Ive been enjoying my new tV, thats why no pics, sorry folks. But rest assured I did get it, the same as the other two.

LUCKLY (woot must be pyshcic) they sold the playlink today, so now i can use the wireless keyboard and use the built in web browser so i can w00t in 62 inches!!!!

(did anyone elses tv arrive a little battered??? perhaps thats why its in a Blinged-Out Cabbage?)

BTW, most importantly, THANK YOU WOOT - youve just earned many more customers from those ive told around hre!

GiantKenJenningsHead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GiantKenJenningsHead
pixelbender wrote:Sorry I didnt post yall, I got home from out of town last night and found m HUGE TV at work. Took 4 of us to move it, it was heavy!

I worked all day today, and since then Ive been enjoying my new tV, thats why no pics, sorry folks. But rest assured I did get it, the same as the other two.

LUCKLY (woot must be pyshcic) they sold the playlink today, so now i can use the wireless keyboard and use the built in web browser so i can w00t in 62 inches!!!!

(did anyone elses tv arrive a little battered??? perhaps thats why its in a Blinged-Out Cabbage?)

BTW, most importantly, THANK YOU WOOT - youve just earned many more customers from those ive told around hre!

Congratulations to Pixelbender, CUatTHEFINISH and Monidel!

Nobody really thought that I'd run away from my home with Dave and Jason and go to live with a mere mortal, did they?

I'm guessing if they ever get tired of throwing darts at me to decide the winners of each week's Photoshop contest (after all, I am the world's largest 3-D bulletin board...), that my new home would be with whoever is owed the greatest number of as-yet-unshipped Monkey prizes. (You listening, Killingtime? Hmmm?)

I'm happy to have given a couple of you something to ponder while you waited for your third, extra-huge bonus craps though. It was a ton of fun while we waited.

How long before the next Bag-of-Crap? Thanksgiving? Christmas?

chimpsnest

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chimpsnest
GiantKenJenningsHead wrote:

Only the head knows for sure.....

I am better than everybody else!

CUatTHEFINISH

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH
qisgod wrote:

How do you get that Woot! scrolling thing at the bottom of your post?

Made it myself XD. You like?

pixelbender wrote:(did anyone elses tv arrive a little battered??? perhaps thats why its in a Blinged-Out Cabbage?)

Yeah, mine did too. And it came without the English manual. ROFL. Oh well, what can you expect for $1?. TV works fine and the family is uber happy with it.

Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

pixelbender

CUatTHEFINISH wrote:

Yeah, mine did too. And it came without the English manual. ROFL. Oh well, what can you expect for $1?. TV works fine and the family is uber happy with it.

i have the english manual, if you want it scanned in and emailed to you.

did you get some magnet that goes around a cord? whats it for? mine was loose but im thinking perhaps its for the power cord? can anyone help?

CUatTHEFINISH

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CUatTHEFINISH
pixelbender wrote:

i have the english manual, if you want it scanned in and emailed to you.

did you get some magnet that goes around a cord? whats it for? mine was loose but im thinking perhaps its for the power cord? can anyone help?

if you can scan it and send that would be awesome. As for the magnet, we haven't even put it on yet. Haven't seen the need to. No noise or anything. HD local channels look amazing. Watching the ND game.

EDIT: The magnet is for the power cord to reduce noise.

Stuck with a epic adventure DLP TV. Wanted the Ken Jennings head ;) (RIP TV 11/10/2009 - Color Wheel Shattered)

bparks6982

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bparks6982
CUatTHEFINISH wrote:

Pixel, I think it's a waste of time to scan it... Isn't this it?
http://www.infocus.com/service/sp61md10/downloads/SP61md10EnglishUG.pdf

pixelbender

bparks6982 wrote:
Pixel, I think it's a waste of time to scan it... Isn't this it?
http://www.infocus.com/service/sp61md10/downloads/SP61md10EnglishUG.pdf

Agreed. I found that link when I was trying to get info on the web browser. Its windows CE based and I can't upgrade the flash on it or enable java or cookies, so its pretty darn limited (cant even sign into woot).

Thanks for the info on the mag, Cuat. I figured thats what it was for, she has an old house with crappy power here, I might give it a shot.

mdl1atra

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mdl1atra
CUatTHEFINISH wrote:

if you can scan it and send that would be awesome. As for the magnet, we haven't even put it on yet. Haven't seen the need to. No noise or anything. HD local channels look amazing. Watching the ND game.

How does the magnet help? And, what noise are you talking about?

kuoh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kuoh

It's called a ferrite choke, helps reduce line noise and is not magnetic.

KuoH

mdl1atra wrote:How does the magnet help? And, what noise are you talking about?

cgstuff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cgstuff

Congrats to all the lucky wooters who got the best crap of all!! I have to admit, having the whole "Ken Jennings Giant Head" thing going on significantly raised the anticipation levels of the unknown craps!

Thanks also to all you wooters that filled my days with laughs and smiles just reading all the posts in this forum!!

I can't wait for the next Bandolier of Carrots so we can do it all again!!

GiantKenJenningsHead

cgstuff wrote:I have to admit, having the whole "Ken Jennings Giant Head" thing going on significantly raised the anticipation levels of the unknown craps!

It was my pleasure. (One of the few recreations a grotesque Styrofoam being without a body gets to enjoy...)

cgstuff wrote:I can't wait for the next Bandolier of Carrots so we can do it all again!!

I'll be here, waiting to torture another lucky "winner" or two or three ...

newsette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newsette

No offense to GKJH--but that head is just creepy.

WOOT ON!

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
newsette wrote:No offense to GKJH--but that head is just creepy.

I agree it looks like it could roll down a mountain and knock over some once happy skiers.

monidel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages monidel

Congratulations to Pixelbender, CUatTHEFINISH and Monidel!

Nobody really thought that I'd run away from my home with Dave and Jason and go to live with a mere mortal, did they?

I'm guessing if they ever get tired of throwing darts at me to decide the winners of each week's Photoshop contest (after all, I am the world's largest 3-D bulletin board...), that my new home would be with whoever is owed the greatest number of as-yet-unshipped Monkey prizes. (You listening, Killingtime? Hmmm?)

I'm happy to have given a couple of you something to ponder while you waited for your third, extra-huge bonus craps though. It was a ton of fun while we waited.

Thanks! I'm enjoying mine!

I have bought a bunch of stuff but let's go back in time to 10/13/2006 when I spent a whole 8 dollars on bags of stuff and out of one I got ................................
A 61 INCH HDTV!! Thanks Woot! Love You!

monidel

CUatTHEFINISH wrote:

I have the english manual too and my magnet came broken. Lucky I don't need it yet.

I have bought a bunch of stuff but let's go back in time to 10/13/2006 when I spent a whole 8 dollars on bags of stuff and out of one I got ................................

monidel

CUatTHEFINISH wrote:

Mine came through just fine, just the magnet broken. Congrats you two! Enjoy it like I am!! Thanks Woot!

GiantKenJenningsHead

terrybatey wrote: I agree it looks like it could roll down a mountain and knock over some once happy skiers.

I could, if I wanted to ...

newsette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newsette

ROFLMAO THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!!

(and you have too much time on your hands)

WOOT ON!

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut

I'll be here, waiting to torture another lucky "winner" or two or three ...

Torture them all you can; it's comedy at it's best! The image of the head rolling down the mountain is excellent ;)

terrybatey

[quote user="GiantKenJenningsHead"

[/quote] Thanks for the laugh. Guess the head will come up again when the next bag..of..crap starts arriving.

GiantKenJenningsHead

terrybatey wrote: Thanks for the laugh. Guess the head will come up again when the next bag..of..crap starts arriving.

Aw ... what happened to the top-10 list you were starting? That could have been fun.

terrybatey

Aw ... what happened to the top-10 list you were starting? That could have been fun.

After a day no one responded so I removed it from my message. Thought nobody was interested.

pan2sa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pan2sa

testing the Bandolier of Carrots

-Self Proclaimed "Connosiuer o' Crap"-12/7/2006 Casio Atomic Waveceptor Watch, 12/7/2006 Cyber-Blue Bluetooth Headset, 12/7/2006 GorillaPod, 11/30/2006 Whistler SRT-35R Radar Detector, 11/17/2006 RCA Lyra 4GB MP3 Player, 11/17/2006 Random Crap, In for 3!, 10/13/2006 Random Crap, In for 3!, 8/18/2006 SanDisk 256 MB MP3/WMA Player, 8/17/2006 Labtec Wireless Optical Mouse

jokezone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jokezone

I am most likely the LAST person on here to have opened their Bandolier of Carrots. I went on a month long Euro-Trip right after the Woot-off ended... I am finally back to see what is inside my 6lb semi-large box of mystery... alas

My October 2006 Woot-Off B..O..C.. Loot:

1x Samsonite Camera Bag
1x Logitech Nuon Gamepad
2x Thumbdrive locks
1x Robo Raptor (without remote control) - Works fine in Free-Roam mode, and is very playful with the dogs! EDIT: Bought remote w/ manual on eBay for $6!
1x Continuous 34 feet of packaging Air Pillows
1x Large Family Dollar 2-PLY paper towel box

The image:

Woots-to-date: 21 (48 items) (I'm going to heaven!)
Notable Woots:
11/17/2006 Random carp x3 (1x Samsonite video camera bag, 1x Laptop power supply, 1x Thermos beer mug, 1x Light-up spinning christmas tree)
10/13/2006 Random carp x3 (1x Samsonite Carry-all, 1x Logitech Gamepad for Nuon, 1x Robo Raptor, 2x Thumbdrive locks)
7/12/2006 Random carp x3 (1x Samsonite Carry-all, 1x Logitech PC headset, 1x TDK Imaspeaker CD case, 1x "Hardly Working" book)

jokezone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jokezone
jokezone wrote:I am most likely the LAST person on here to have opened their Bandolier of Carrots...

Scratch that comment, I just noticed this guy is waiting for his to arrive in India! Good luck with that...

Waterhouse wrote:Those who dealt with FedEx shipping issues, count your blessings. My Barrel of Chimpanzees was delivered in VA on Friday, now I just have to wait for the forwarder to get it to India. Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy my craps before the end of the year...sigh.
Woots-to-date: 21 (48 items) (I'm going to heaven!)
Notable Woots:
11/17/2006 Random carp x3 (1x Samsonite video camera bag, 1x Laptop power supply, 1x Thermos beer mug, 1x Light-up spinning christmas tree)
10/13/2006 Random carp x3 (1x Samsonite Carry-all, 1x Logitech Gamepad for Nuon, 1x Robo Raptor, 2x Thumbdrive locks)
7/12/2006 Random carp x3 (1x Samsonite Carry-all, 1x Logitech PC headset, 1x TDK Imaspeaker CD case, 1x "Hardly Working" book)

Atypical

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Atypical

I'm new, will someone tell me where they advertise the Random Blinged-Out Cabbage when they are available?

terrybatey

Atypical wrote:I'm new, will someone tell me where they advertise the Random Blinged-Out Cabbage when they are available?

It comes on the woot main page just like all the other woots we are offered. It sells out very quick. If you're not online when it appears you won't experience the wonderful wootastic waiting game for your bag..of..crap.

topless98gt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages topless98gt
fluiddruid wrote:Is there ever anything good in these?

Once upon a time, there was a 61" DLP HDTV amoungst the crap!

jazzman1939

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazzman1939

On youTube, somebody stated that he/she received a shread of tissue paper, a Samsonite camera bag, a laptop mouse, 2 SecurityDR thumbdrive locks (or is it Security Doctor), and a "Swiper" from Dora the Explorer in the Random Crap

gokcebayram

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gokcebayram

how do you get this "CRAP" and how much does it cost?

phokur

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phokur

best to assume it can't be gotten and save yourself

Miamifan1354

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Miamifan1354

The carp is a lie

wpony

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wpony

I was one of the unlucky ones all I got was the camera bag 3 picture frames to go around a Polaroid digital picture, a farting pen ,2 flip cases for a ipod classic 80/160 and a wine carrying bag. But at least i got my first Boggy Old Creature LOL