stlwooter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter

still the funniest read on woot

stlwooter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

If you are lurking and are new.....read the first two pages of this thread, but not at work, because you will laugh out loud and get caught.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:If you are lurking and are new.....read the first two pages of this thread, but not at work, because you will laugh out loud and get caught.



Hello wandering woot off wooters! Need something to do while waiting for the woot to change? I guess so, that is why you are on this thread! Go read this thread from the start!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

stlwooter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter

still funny!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:

Hello wandering woot off wooters! Need something to do while waiting for the woot to change? I guess so, that is why you are on this thread! Go read this thread from the start!



Are you bored?
Want to learn woot lore?
Want to feel you are smarter than somebody? (OK not everyone has issues with this, but if you do...)
Read this thread from the start.
Make sure your boss is not near enough to hear you laugh.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AlexIAm


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
dontwantaname wrote:

Read the whole thread, there are two stories!



Actually there are three now... the dontwantaname's kitten story had me crying!

>insert funny quote here<

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AlexIAm wrote:

Actually there are three now... the dontwantaname's kitten story had me crying!



Must have been from when I first learned how to cut and paste. I was very impressed with that skill.
I wonder where I found it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

tru2chevy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tru2chevy

Wow.....can't believe I hadn't stumbled across this earlier.

I didn't heed the warnings, and I got a lot of funny looks from co-workers just now.

- Justin

-Lucas & Lewellen Three-Pack
-Armida Winery Poizin Trio (x2)
-Ty Caton New/Old Trio (x2)
-Wine O' Elvis Random 4 pack
-2004 Highway 12 Serres Ranch Cabernet Blend Trio (x2)
-Helix by Reininger Quartet

stlwooter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter

This just can't sink to page two; too many new wooters haven't had a chance to read it.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

stlwooter wrote:This just can't sink to page two; too many new wooters haven't had a chance to read it.



Bump for the wootoff people.
Read the entire thread from the start. Be careful if you are at work. Should you be laughing at work?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hello wandering woot off people.
This is an old but good thread!
Start at the beginning.
There is more than one story to read.
You will laugh!

If you cry, you might want to adjust your meds.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

qwertyuiop002


quality posts: 0 Private Messages qwertyuiop002
dontwantaname wrote:Hello wandering woot off people.
This is an old but good thread!
Start at the beginning.
There is more than one story to read.
You will laugh!

If you cry, you might want to adjust your meds.


//goes to adjust meds

jakdan3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jakdan3
blank wrote:

You obviously don't know what a grounding strap is for. Go look at the box. You use a grounding strap when working on low power, sensitive devices, such as computer motherboards, processors, ram, video cards. It is so that any static electricity built up in your body is discharged into some grounding object, usually a table or computer case, so it doesn't discharge into a delicate device, causing it to fry.

Never ever use a grounding strap when working on anything that is powered!

If you use a grounding strap and make contact with anything that is potentially hazardous, you can, and more than likely will cause more damage to yourself than if you weren't using it. A grounding strap is generally connect to your arm, most of the people I have seen using them, put them on their secondary arm (right handed put it on their left, and vice-versa). Electricity just looks for the shortest path to ground, so if you touch something with your right hand, that could possibly just give you a little tingle, that electricity now has a path, right across your vital organs, including your heart, then through your left arm and into the ground that you are strapped to.

In my experience, it is better to never use a grounding strap at all, than it is to use one. You can discharge static electricity by just touching a metal section of a computer case, or a stereo device that still has the power cord connected. These devices have the power cord's ground, so your body's static has a safe path to ground. Plus, since you aren't moving much at all, once you discharge, you aren't going to build up much more static, unless you are dumb enough to be sliding around on carpet with socks on.

So to answer your question(s): No, It wouldn't overload the grounding strap, since that isn't even feasible, grounding straps have no circuitry or fuses in them to overload, it is just a wire; Yes, it would work for what its for, but that is NOT to "absorb the electricity". You would greaten your chance of the shock being fatal by doing so, but, if you are dumb enough to try this, then it wouldn't really be that much of a loss.



Actually I work for an electronics manufacturing company and our grounding straps have a 1 megohm resistor which acts as a fuse if overloaded. But we also wear ESD shoes which don't.

pblgov


quality posts: 15 Private Messages pblgov
endo wrote:I think I just wet myself

so go dry off

stlwooter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter

now, this should not be on page two!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

stlwooter wrote:now, this should not be on page two!



But if you bump it, you need to tell people to read it from the start.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

peglegwookie


quality posts: 1 Private Messages peglegwookie

Well worth a read if you have forgotten about this, just go to the first few pages.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

per-zapppppps we should

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lets let this one sink naturally.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Lets let this one sink naturally.



naturally

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

stlwooter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter
dontwantaname wrote:Lets let this one sink naturally.


Why let it sink? It is some of the funniest writing, and I am sure it has led to at least one person getting fired for laughing uncontrollably and peeing themselves at work.

If you haven't read it, go read the first few pages!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

stlwooter wrote:Why let it sink? It is some of the funniest writing, and I am sure it has led to at least one person getting fired for laughing uncontrollably and peeing themselves at work.

If you haven't read it, go read the first few pages!




Yes, but every post has to contain,
Read the first 3 pages of this thread!
I usually go find it during woot offs.

Actually I have no clue why I wanted the thread to sink.
Brain is sinking with it.

So...

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THIS THREAD.....START FROM THE FIRST PAGE...THERE ARE MORE THAN ONE STORY IN HERE SOMEWHERE.....IF YOUR OFFICE IS QUIET, BE CAREFUL ABOUT LAUGHING OUT LOUD....REALLY....YOU WILL.....HONEST....WE KNOW.....

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:Yes, but every post has to contain,
Read the first 3 pages of this thread!
I usually go find it during woot offs.

Actually I have no clue why I wanted the thread to sink.
Brain is sinking with it.

So...

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THIS THREAD.....START FROM THE FIRST PAGE...THERE ARE MORE THAN ONE STORY IN HERE SOMEWHERE.....IF YOUR OFFICE IS QUIET, BE CAREFUL ABOUT LAUGHING OUT LOUD....REALLY....YOU WILL.....HONEST....WE KNOW.....



possible woot off bump for the bored, which wouldn't happen until tomorrow morning, but might as well get it done now


READ THIS THREAD FROM THE START not back here.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Wandering woot off people...
IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THIS THREAD.....START FROM THE FIRST PAGE...THERE IS MORE THAN ONE STORY IN HERE SOMEWHERE.....IF YOUR OFFICE IS QUIET, BE CAREFUL ABOUT LAUGHING OUT LOUD....REALLY....YOU WILL.....HONEST....WE KNOW.....

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

acemom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom

Bump.
Because this is hilarious.
The whole thing.



darthv8r


quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
acemom wrote:Bump.
Because this is hilarious.
The whole thing.

yes so i bump in honor

peglegwookie


quality posts: 1 Private Messages peglegwookie

can't let this slip by for any new wooters, or old ones. Enjoy it the most from the beginning.

darthv8r


quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
peglegwookie wrote:can't let this slip by for any new wooters, or old ones. Enjoy it the most from the beginning.

true

stlwooter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter

how did you all let this slip to page two??

If you have not read it, read from page one.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

stlwooter wrote:how did you all let this slip to page two??

If you have not read it, read from page one.



That wootoff was so short there was no time to bump this!

Wandering wooters, read this from page one!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

stlwooter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter

You folks aren't doing your duty of keeping this in reading distance. Do I have to come back just to keep you all in line?

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

stlwooter wrote:You folks aren't doing your duty of keeping this in reading distance. Do I have to come back just to keep you all in line?



I bump it for woot offs.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:I bump it for woot offs.



Hi wooters! Read this from the I AM NOT AN ESKIMO!.
Not at work! It is safe for work, but you will laugh out loud.
There are at least 3 stories ... so read the whole thread!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:Hi wooters! Read this from the I AM NOT AN ESKIMO!.
Not at work! It is safe for work, but you will laugh out loud.
There are at least 3 stories ... so read the whole thread!



bump

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:Wandering woot off people...
IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THIS THREAD.....START FROM THE FIRST PAGE...THERE IS MORE THAN ONE STORY IN HERE SOMEWHERE.....IF YOUR OFFICE IS QUIET, BE CAREFUL ABOUT LAUGHING OUT LOUD....REALLY....YOU WILL.....HONEST....WE KNOW.....



Different woot off.....but still, read it! You won't be sorry! Start on page 1.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

stlwooter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter

bump, this almost got to page 3!

stlwooter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter

is no one bumping this for the newbs??

read from the beginning!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:Hi wooters! Read this from the 1st page.
Not at work! It is safe for work, but you will laugh out loud.
There are at least 3 stories ... so read the whole thread!



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Is there a low in the woot off?
Bored, that is how you found this?

Read this thread from the start.
There are three ( I think) different stories.

Be careful! You will laugh out loud!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.