Uncorked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uncorked
terrybatey wrote:Hi, started a new Misfits I see. Hope all had a good day.

They're ending the threads at 100 pages now. Several ended unexpectedly!!!
Edit: picture for catlovers

Domestic Zymologist since 1980

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

House has home inspection on Thursday...did a little drywall repair in the closet.

killingtime

Uncorked wrote:

Yeah and I didn't even do anything wrong!

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
Uncorked wrote:

Only 100 wow.... during a woot off are enough people on the threads here that they could do that many pages in two days of a woot off

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:House has home inspection on Thursday...did a little drywall repair in the closet.

Why, isn't the home inspection for the stuff you don't see? Termites, bad wiring, foundation troubles, leaking roof, stuff like that?

Btw. you sent me a email a few weeks ago. I couldn't get to what you wanted my to see, but thankyou for trying! Who was I related to?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

killingtime

dontwantaname wrote:

Why, isn't the home inspection for the stuff you don't see? Termites, bad wiring, foundation troubles, leaking roof, stuff like that?

Btw. you sent me a email a few weeks ago. I couldn't get to what you wanted my to see, but thankyou for trying! Who was I related to?

I am anal, that's why. I bleached my bathroom again. Twice in four days. I forgot to take my pills until now. I went to my aqua fitness class, but it was over - I keep thinking today is Monday. I keep washing clothes & towels because I don't want anything in the hampers. I need help.

I should be doing my other work, but I can't help pick up every little hair or fuzz that falls on the floor. I don't want anyone walking in my house until Thursday unless they are in a hermetically-sealed bubble...including my husband who took off his black socks and a little fuzz came off on the floor. Luckily he saw it and picked it up and threw it in the trash. I keep emptying the trashes...or going to the main trash.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
killingtime wrote:

I am anal, that's why. I bleached my bathroom again. Twice in four days. I forgot to take my pills until now. I went to my aqua fitness class, but it was over - I keep thinking today is Monday. I keep washing clothes & towels because I don't want anything in the hampers. I need help.

I should be doing my other work, but I can't help pick up every little hair or fuzz that falls on the floor. I don't want anyone walking in my house until Thursday unless they are in a hermetically-sealed bubble...including my husband who took off his black socks and a little fuzz came off on the floor. Luckily he saw it and picked it up and threw it in the trash. I keep emptying the trashes...or going to the main trash.

Good Lord, KT, you're going to have a nervous breakdown. Make yourself leave the house at the same time your husband does tomorrow morning and go do something, anything. Go read in the library. Go shopping. Go into Boston.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

killingtime

Grrr...when I hit reply to the last post in the thread...or a post like Uncorked's at the top of the page, I get a blank screen.

I had to hit reply to the second to last post and delete it and type my message.

I was going to say that Uncorked's cartoon was cute...I have one cat who runs after us after coming out of the shower to rub up against our legs...she wants to be the first to "claim" us, probably...it must be tough being the last of 3 kitties. She's the mental one...but she loves me more than my husband, unlike the other 2...she is so adorable. She comes up on the bed between 3-6am and will butt heads with me and rub her face on mine. I just don't like when she tries to lick my face because she's got seriously bad breath.

killingtime

pooflady wrote:Good Lord, KT, you're going to have a nervous breakdown. Make yourself leave the house at the same time your husband does tomorrow morning and go do something, anything. Go read in the library. Go shopping. Go into Boston.

I've lost an additional 2 pounds...on top of the 7.5...

I washed the floors in the kitchen but didn't think they were shiny enough so I took a towel and windexed each one.

killingtime

I bought 3 lint rollers...which have been handy...keeps me from washing the bedding every day. (cat hair)

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
killingtime wrote:Grrr...when I hit reply to the last post in the thread...or a post like Uncorked's at the top of the page, I get a blank screen.

I had to hit reply to the second to last post and delete it and type my message.

I was going to say that Uncorked's cartoon was cute...I have one cat who runs after us after coming out of the shower to rub up against our legs...she wants to be the first to "claim" us, probably...it must be tough being the last of 3 kitties. She's the mental one...but she loves me more than my husband, unlike the other 2...she is so adorable. She comes up on the bed between 3-6am and will butt heads with me and rub her face on mine. I just don't like when she tries to lick my face because she's got seriously bad breath.

Kitty wants to get in the shower when I am done.

She is fascinated with water, heh...

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
killingtime wrote:

I washed the floors in the kitchen but didn't think they were shiny enough so I took a towel and windexed each one.

Go buy FF XIII.

Still single, can't imagine why.

Uncorked

killingtime wrote:Grrr...when I hit reply to the last post in the thread...or a post like Uncorked's at the top of the page, I get a blank screen.

Our little one jumps in the shower as soon as we open the door, rubs, flops over wanting belly rubbed. Gets totally wet!!!

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
killingtime wrote:

Kt, have you been checking your blood sugar??

If it is Ok, then.......you have just been working too hard.

killingtime

acemom wrote:Kitty wants to get in the shower when I am done.

She is fascinated with water, heh...

That's a good thing...our big cat is like that...sometimes when I am taking a bath...just before I add bath bubbles/gel. I will just pour a handful of water on the cat and she LOVES it. She begins to just lick it off herself like she's bathing beside me. Weird as all hell. It is funny because when I am taking a bath now, she takes her place on the bathmat...

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:

If you can find someone to do it, you need cognitive behavioral therapy . It is fast, a few months, that is it.
But, they would make you face what you fear.

Trick is finding someone who knows what they are doing.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

killingtime

FenStar wrote:

Go buy FF XIII.

Why?

FenStar

killingtime wrote:

Why?

It will get your mind off of housework, whenever you see something to clean just go play the game and eat something with a lot of fat in it.

killingtime

acemom wrote:

Kt, have you been checking your blood sugar??

If it is Ok, then.......you have just been working too hard.

Blood sugar has been high...not from eating sweets, mind you. It gets high if I don't eat for long periods of time.

FenStar

dontwantaname wrote:

If you can find someone to do it, you need cognitive behavioral therapy . It is fast, a few months, that is it.

I think a psychiatrist would be better, I assume KT has one?

FenStar

killingtime wrote:Blood sugar has been high...not from eating sweets, mind you. It gets high if I don't eat for long periods of time.

Right now, go into the kitchen and fix yourself something to eat.

killingtime

D'Name wrote:

My fear is not doing well on the home inspection.

Once the home inspection is done and paperwork has been signed, I can sort of go back to a normal life....

killingtime

grrrr....

killingtime

FenStar wrote:

It will get your mind off of housework, whenever you see something to clean just go play the game and eat something with a lot of fat in it.

I've got plenty of other work to do, but I am just consumed by the need for things to be perfect.

Uncorked

killingtime wrote:

Blood sugar has been high...not from eating sweets, mind you. It gets high if I don't eat for long periods of time.

Body overcompensating, or adrenaline raises blood sugar

FenStar

killingtime wrote:I've got plenty of other work to do, but I am just consumed by the need for things to be perfect.

But you aren't doing your other work, you are being distracted from it. That is why you need a game because you won't be distracted from it.

killingtime

FenStar wrote:
I think a psychiatrist would be better, I assume KT has one?

Only went once, when I was in my 20s...after a long term relationship ended.

FenStar wrote:Right now, go into the kitchen and fix yourself something to eat.

I had some mac & cheese, but it was awful. I'm fine. I should be having veggies, but I don't want to mess up my stove.

Uncorked

killingtime wrote:

I've got plenty of other work to do, but I am just consumed by the need for things to be perfect.

Remember, Human=Not perfect

pooflady

killingtime wrote:

Stress also causes high blood sugar. One of the three things.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:

My fear is not doing well on the home inspection.

Once the home inspection is done and paperwork has been signed, I can sort of go back to a normal life....

Good lord KT, the home inspection is of the mechanics of the house, not how nice you kept it. Were you even there long enough to neglect something enough to show up on the report and be your fault?

Now, if you bleach the new place a few times, that I don't have a problem with. I don't like unknown dirt. I am very tolerant on my own dirt.

I would love to be able to get into the dorm room, for a day, by myself, with the cleaning stuff.
Dorm move in isn't set up that way.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

killingtime

Uncorked wrote:
Body overcompensating, or adrenaline raises blood sugar

Yep...I just need a day that I can feel good that everything is in order...which I kind of do...then Thursday morning I will do touch up like...extraneous cat litter crystals and cat hair on bedding.

terrybatey

killingtime wrote:

I had some mac & cheese, but it was awful. I'm fine. I should be having veggies, but I don't want to mess up my stove.

you can make them in the microwave no mess

FenStar

killingtime wrote:Only went once, when I was in my 20s...after a long term relationship ended.

Pleas feel free to tell me to F-off, but did you ever think about going to see one again?

killingtime wrote:I had some mac & cheese, but it was awful. I'm fine. I should be having veggies, but I don't want to mess up my stove.

Go to the store and get some veggies that can be microwaved or, better yet, make hubby do it.

pooflady

FenStar wrote: Go to the store and get some veggies that can be microwaved or, better yet, make hubby do it.

You need some carbs, KT. Throughout the day. You know better. Go have a slice of bread or toast. Bake a potato in the microwave.

killingtime

FenStar wrote: But you aren't doing your other work, you are being distracted from it. That is why you need a game because you won't be distracted from it.

Tomorrow, I will sleep in a bit and then get to work, I've decided. If the phone rings, I will just let it go.

Uncorked wrote:
Remember, Human=Not perfect

Well, I realize this to some extent, but my fear is that in the back of a closet (I cleaned all the bottoms of the closets today) looms a spiderweb or a dead bug and that will turn off the buyer.

dontwantaname wrote:
Good lord KT, the home inspection is of the mechanics of the house, not how nice you kept it. Were you even there long enough to neglect something enough to show up on the report and be your fault?

Not really. There is a little external painting to do...but it is too cold to do it.

While you say it isn't "how nice you keep it," that isn't exactly true...people are short-sighted. They can't see beyond messes. If you look messy, they assume that you haven't kept up with things...

dontwantaname wrote:
Now, if you bleach the new place a few times, that I don't have a problem with. I don't like unknown dirt. I am very tolerant on my own dirt.

Oh my, god...definitely. Toilets are the first things to be replaced in any home. I did that in this home.

dontwantaname wrote:
I would love to be able to get into the dorm room, for a day, by myself, with the cleaning stuff.
Dorm move in isn't set up that way.

Huh?

killingtime

FenStar wrote:Pleas feel free to tell me to F-off, but did you ever think about going to see one again.

I'm not hurting anyone. There is not much difference between a "Type A" personality and an "Obsessive Compulsive."

FenStar wrote:
Go to the store and get some veggies that can be microwaved or, better yet, make hubby do it.

I am fine. I just need to get through this short period of time, then I can relax.

terrybatey

KT said,
"I am fine. I just need to get through this short period of time, then I can relax."

I said, "Gosh, I thought I was stressed you make me feel relaxed in comparison."
Don't know how all that reply came out wrong.

pooflady

killingtime wrote:

Huh?

You replace the toilets? Are you serious? I didn't even replace the seats, but I'd think that would be sufficient.

FenStar

killingtime wrote:I'm not hurting anyone. There is not much difference between a "Type A" personality and an "Obsessive Compulsive."

I never said you where, but that doesn't mean that you can't discuss your problems\concerns with someone. That being said, it can be hard to find someone who is any good at it.

Uncorked

killingtime wrote:

I am fine. I just need to get through this short period of time, then I can relax.

You've done more than is humanly expected...what will be, will be!!
Take some slow, deep breaths regularly, sing a favorite calming song to yourself...whatever helps...