dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

terrybatey wrote: Gosh, I thought I was stressed you make me feel relaxed in comparison.

KT would implode in your situation.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
terrybatey wrote:KT said,
"I am fine. I just need to get through this short period of time, then I can relax."

I said, "Gosh, I thought I was stressed you make me feel relaxed in comparison."
Don't know how all that reply came out wrong.

Good thing my stress is only short-term...nine months, I'd have no fingertips left...they'd all be disintegrated from cleaning supplies.

killingtime

pooflady wrote:
You replace the toilets? Are you serious? I didn't even replace the seats, but I'd think that would be sufficient.

100% serious.

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
killingtime wrote:

Good thing my stress is only short-term...nine months, I'd have no fingertips left...they'd all be disintegrated from cleaning supplies.

I would be more concerned after your baby arrives ...dirty diapers to deal with...can't bleach them away

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:

My sister in law quit her job in her second month.
She was an accountant. Got 3.9 in college. Had a real career job less than 10 minutes from her house.
She stayed home and cleaned her house for 7 months.
Ripped rooms apart for a complete cleaning.....every week. Only her and her husband lived in the house.
No one would even enter the room between cleanings.
She , like her mom, is dirt phobic, not really germs. I dread to think what she would have done if she were germ phobic!
The germ phobic sister in law has a dirty house. Clean bathrooms! Messy house.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Uncorked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uncorked
terrybatey wrote:
I would be more concerned after your baby arrives ...dirty diapers to deal with...can't bleach them away

We used cloth diapers and a lot of bleach when we had our 1st!!!

Domestic Zymologist since 1980

killingtime

FenStar wrote: I never said you where, but that doesn't mean that you can't discuss your problems\concerns with someone. That being said, it can be hard to find someone who is any good at it.

I think I've always been obsessive-compulsive. Mom was always clean. She was a nurse so she insisted that her daughters were always clean.

You wouldn't know my habit by meeting me...

One thing that gives me the dry heaves is seeing a really gross lugie on the sidewalk...

terrybatey

killingtime wrote:

I think I've always been obsessive-compulsive. Mom was always clean. She was a nurse so she insisted that her daughters were always clean.

One thing that gives me the dry heaves is seeing a really gross lugie on the sidewalk...

Or seeing the word in writing.. eewww

killingtime

Uncorked wrote:
...what will be, will be!!

Yes...I am trying to keep this in perspective.

Uncorked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uncorked
killingtime wrote:

Try to relax....
I'm really going to say goodnight now....(do you hear me daj...good night!!!)

Domestic Zymologist since 1980

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

terrybatey wrote:

I would be afraid for KT's baby! They make messes. They say NO all the time.
They would drive her nuts!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

killingtime

terrybatey wrote:Or seeing the word in writing.. eewww

It is awful. I have a really good memory for recall. If I see a lugie, I can remember its color, texture, etc...immediately my throat becomes dry and I begin to gag.

killingtime

Uncorked wrote:
Try to relax....

Thanks.

Nite, uncorked.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Uncorked wrote:
Try to relax....

Are you sure?

OK, I believe you....sort of...
good night uncorked!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

killingtime

dontwantaname wrote:
I would be afraid for KT's baby! They make messes. They say NO all the time.
They would drive her nuts!

Don't they make a Roomba for this, yet?

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
killingtime wrote:

Don't they make a Roomba for this, yet?

A Boomba, perhaps?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Uncorked wrote:
We used cloth diapers and a lot of bleach when we had our 1st!!!

I used cloth for a whole week.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

killingtime

acemom wrote:

A Boomba, perhaps?

LOL!

killingtime

dontwantaname wrote:

I have an earthy-crunchy friend in Alaska who is doing cloth...she uses special detergents...and when she was menstruating, she used this plug contraption.

terrybatey

Uncorked wrote:
Try to relax....

Good nite, KT gave you something to dream about..lugies

czardastx

quality posts: 3 Private Messages czardastx

KT and her talk of cleaning is making me anxious.

KT, have you thought of duct taping yourself to a chair to give yourself a break?

The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

killingtime

terrybatey wrote:
Good nite, KT gave you something to dream about..lugies

LOL.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
killingtime wrote:

Yes...I am trying to keep this in perspective.

Perspective?

man, are you sure the buyer will even be on the inspection? lots of them don't. The inspector will look at the roof, make sure the furnace and AC work, make sure all the water works, look for signs of termites, make sure the electric is up to code,whether there is any sign you had a water leak that's been disguised, evaluate whewther you need a new roof, whether the house needs painted, stuff like that. They won';t look in the closets for dead spiders, or live ones. They won't have concern about whether the kitchen floor is shiny. Are there cracks in the wall? that's the kind of stuff they look for, because that's the kind of stuff that can cost buyers a lot of money after the sale.
You know this, KT, you are a real estate lady.

If I were you (shudder) I'd check into a hotel until this is over.

killingtime

czardastx wrote:KT and her talk of cleaning is making me anxious.

KT, have you thought of duct taping yourself to a chair to give yourself a break?

Tomorrow...

Of all my fellow wooter's houses, I bet Fen's house is pretty clean. I think Josephus' house is probably worst. I'd probably go into shock.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:

Tomorrow...

Of all my fellow wooter's houses, I bet Fen's house is pretty clean. I think Josephus' house is probably worst. I'd probably go into shock.

Yea! I didn't get worst house!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

killingtime

Josephus wrote:
Perspective?

man, are you sure the buyer will even be on the inspection? lots of them don't. The inspector will look at the roof, make sure the furnace and AC work, make sure all the water works, look for signs of termites, make sure the electric is up to code,whether there is any sign you had a water leak that's been disguised, evaluate whewther you need a new roof, whether the house needs painted, stuff like that. They won';t look in the closets for dead spiders, or live ones. They won't have concern about whether the kitchen floor is shiny. Are there cracks in the wall? that's the kind of stuff they look for, because that's the kind of stuff that can cost buyers a lot of money after the sale.
You know this, KT, you are a real estate lady.

If I were you (shudder) I'd check into a hotel until this is over.

<rational stuff>

While, I realize this...I hold the standard for myself higher.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:

Ha! I made it a whole month!

And did I miss something? Is KT expecting?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

PM daj

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
killingtime wrote:

Tomorrow...

You're probably right. so what?

terrybatey

daj59 wrote:

No, don't think so..we were just kidding about how kids aren't the cleanest to have in your home

czardastx

killingtime wrote:

Tomorrow...

I posted the following picture in Pictures of You. This is the one I chose because it didn't
show the dust on top of the tins in the background. I didn't want to freak you out.

The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

killingtime

Josephus wrote:

Nothing. Everyone has different priorities.

It was just a tangential thought.

ThunderThighs

Staff

terrybatey wrote:
No, don't think so..we were just kidding about how kids aren't the cleanest to have in your home

When it happens I want to be in charge of the pool on how many times the pacifier will drop before she stops washing it everytime and just gives it a good blow and rub on her shirt.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:PM daj

BACK

FORUM MODERATOR

killingtime

czardastx wrote:

I posted the following picture in Pictures of You. This is the one I chose because it didn't
show the dust on top of the tins in the background. I didn't want to freak you out.

You have neat things...in your life...your office things...these tins...your garden stuff...

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
daj59 wrote:

Two weeks of cloth for me. I had great dustcloths for years.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

czardastx

Josephus wrote:

Right on Joe. Germs and dirt are good for you. Sort of like an home brewed innoculation
against bad germs and sickness. Too much cleanliness, I feel, isn't good for you. Kill all
the germs and you won't be exposed to the small amounts of them that help your body
become immune to them.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:

I have an earthy-crunchy friend in Alaska who is doing cloth...she uses special detergents...and when she was menstruating, she used this plug contraption.

ewwwwwww, I've heard of those.

I remember reading the book A Tree Grows In Brooklyn , and the girl explains how the women wash the rags to be used again and again.
once again ewwwwwwwww

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

killingtime

daj59 wrote:
When it happens I want to be in charge of the pool on how many times the pacifier will drop before she stops washing it everytime and just gives it a good blow and rub on her shirt.

Ewww...LOL!

One time my niece didn't want a piece of candy or gum or something and she put it in my hand without much notice, I just gave my sister a winced look.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Should I talk about how my son would go bug the dogs (Fred & Ethel) when he was around 1 - 2. Ethel, the beagle, figured out how to get him out of her face -- she licked his face. It tickled and he ducked his face. Then he decided just to open his mouth. She licked the inside of it. Dogs mouths are cleaner than ours, right?

Today he just trades spit with Trixie and let's her lick his mouth.

Bleach anyone?

FORUM MODERATOR