czardastx


quality posts: 3 Private Messages czardastx
killingtime wrote:

You have neat things...in your life...your office things...these tins...your garden stuff...



Not saying I don't have neat things. I just thought, in one picture that showed the dust, to myself I said "Geez if I post that pic, with all the dust showing on the tins, KT
will give me all kinds of heck about that dust."


The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
killingtime wrote:

Ewww...LOL!

One time my niece didn't want a piece of candy or gum or something and she put it in my hand without much notice, I just gave my sister a winced look.



My sister ran over immediately and took it from me. She knew...the line had been crossed.

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
daj59 wrote: Dogs mouths are cleaner than ours, right?



Prove it...that's what I say.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:

Perspective?

man, are you sure the buyer will even be on the inspection? lots of them don't. The inspector will look at the roof, make sure the furnace and AC work, make sure all the water works, look for signs of termites, make sure the electric is up to code,whether there is any sign you had a water leak that's been disguised, evaluate whewther you need a new roof, whether the house needs painted, stuff like that. They won';t look in the closets for dead spiders, or live ones. They won't have concern about whether the kitchen floor is shiny. Are there cracks in the wall? that's the kind of stuff they look for, because that's the kind of stuff that can cost buyers a lot of money after the sale.
You know this, KT, you are a real estate lady.

If I were you (shudder) I'd check into a hotel until this is over.



I've been telling her that!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

terrybatey


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
daj59 wrote:
When it happens I want to be in charge of the pool on how many times the pacifier will drop before she stops washing it everytime and just gives it a good blow and rub on her shirt.

You ever seen one of the mothers pick up a dropped pacifier and put it in their own mouth..suck..then put it in the babys mouth..I just want to vomit

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
czardastx wrote:

Not saying I don't have neat things. I just thought, in one picture that showed the dust, to myself I said "Geez if I post that pic, with all the dust showing on the tins, KT
will give me all kinds of heck about that dust."



Heh. Before I got my air ducts cleaned, I had dust appearing on all the tops of the curtains.

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
terrybatey wrote: You ever seen one of the mothers pick up a dropped pacifier and put it in their own mouth..suck..then put it in the babys mouth..I just want to vomit



LMAO! Aren't there straps you can buy for those things that attach to the child's clothing? Like when I was younger, I remember mittens being clipped onto my jacket or something...

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
czardastx wrote:

Right on Joe. Germs and dirt are good for you. Sort of like an home brewed innoculation
against bad germs and sickness. Too much cleanliness, I feel, isn't good for you. Kill all
the germs and you won't be exposed to the small amounts of them that help your body
become immune to them.



My trouble is more the clutter. Our house is so old, there are no closets, so everything has to be stored in some kind of furniture. Kids (3) build clutter just by breathing. When my daughter comes home from school, she puts her backpack on the floor, takes her schoolwork out, her coat goes somewhere, her trumpet gets put down in the dining room. She is clutter on two feet. We have to have an extra trash can for diapers for the toddler. We have to have the changing tale in the living room- that fills up a corner. Since the toddler's bedroom is upstairs, its impractical for his clothes tho be there, so his clothes are all on the shelves of the changing table. and it just goes on and on. We have fought with it and occasionally get it under control, but its a hard thing to deal with. I need about three more Braille on Cookiesses and two other cabinets, and another kitchen cabinet.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:
ewwwwwww, I've heard of those.

I remember reading the book A Tree Grows In Brooklyn , and the girl explains how the women wash the rags to be used again and again.
once again ewwwwwwwww


I tried something similar when they first came out many years ago. It was all over the commericials so I gave it a try. Did ok the first couple times but then I didn't get it in quite right. Stopped using them w/i about 45 minutes.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
daj59 wrote:Dogs mouths are cleaner than ours, right?




God no!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

killingtime wrote:

LMAO! Aren't there straps you can buy for those things that attach to the child's clothing? Like when I was younger, I remember mittens being clipped onto my jacket or something...


Son used to throw his in the car -- before those clippy thingies. I tied his car one to a string and then to his car seat. Taught him how to reel it in himself. It was great for those tantrums.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:
Ha! I made it a whole month!

And did I miss something? Is KT expecting?



Oh god help us! NO! She is cleaning her house for the inspection! You know, when they try to find out if the house is standing and sound.
She is afraid the inspector will find a cat hair and tell the buyer the house is no good!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
terrybatey wrote: You ever seen one of the mothers pick up a dropped pacifier and put it in their own mouth..suck..then put it in the babys mouth..I just want to vomit



heh. Have you had any kids already?

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
Josephus wrote:

My trouble is more the clutter. Our house is so old, there are no closets, so everything has to be stored in some kind of furniture. Kids (3) build clutter just by breathing. When my daughter comes home from school, she puts her backpack on the floor, takes her schoolwork out, her coat goes somewhere, her trumpet gets put down in the dining room. She is clutter on two feet. We have to have an extra trash can for diapers for the toddler. We have to have the changing tale in the living room- that fills up a corner. Since the toddler's bedroom is upstairs, its impractical for his clothes tho be there, so his clothes are all on the shelves of the changing table. and it just goes on and on. We have fought with it and occasionally get it under control, but its a hard thing to deal with. I need about three more Braille on Cookiesses and two other cabinets, and another kitchen cabinet.



I think kids are more focused in a clean house. I couldn't operate within clutter.

I know you hate IKEA, but they do offer great storage solutions. I know you'd rather build it yourself, but you have other projects on the wayside.

Just throw away stuff or put it outside and put a post on craigslist.org. People pick up anything free from craigslist. I know.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
killingtime wrote:

My sister ran over immediately and took it from me. She knew...the line had been crossed.



My two-year old takes my hand and spits stuff into it all the time. I got over those phobias on kid one- kid three? yawn. no problem. just put it into the trash, and tell him (for the eightieth time) "you can just spit it into the trash if you don't want it. You don't have to spit it in dad's hand."

czardastx


quality posts: 3 Private Messages czardastx
Josephus wrote:

My trouble is more the clutter. Our house is so old, there are no closets, so everything has to be stored in some kind of furniture. Kids (3) build clutter just by breathing. When my daughter comes home from school, she puts her backpack on the floor, takes her schoolwork out, her coat goes somewhere, her trumpet gets put down in the dining room. She is clutter on two feet. We have to have an extra trash can for diapers for the toddler. We have to have the changing tale in the living room- that fills up a corner. Since the toddler's bedroom is upstairs, its impractical for his clothes tho be there, so his clothes are all on the shelves of the changing table. and it just goes on and on. We have fought with it and occasionally get it under control, but its a hard thing to deal with. I need about three more Braille on Cookiesses and two other cabinets, and another kitchen cabinet.



I've got a grown brother who's like that. Walking clutter. My oldest brother, the last time he came to visit he arrived at the house while I was at work. When I got home my wife told me he was here. I took one look at the dining room table and the coffee table and told her: "No kidding, it looks like Mike doody his stuff on every flat surface in the downstairs part of the house!".


The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

terrybatey


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
Josephus wrote:

heh. Have you had any kids already?


yeah I have two boys 28 & 26

czardastx


quality posts: 3 Private Messages czardastx

Bed time for the czar household.

Night Misfits.


The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
czardastx wrote:Bed time for the czar household.

Night Misfits.



Night Czar~!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

czardastx wrote:Bed time for the czar household.

Night Misfits.


Nite Czar!



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
killingtime wrote:

I think kids are more focused in a clean house. I couldn't operate within clutter.

I know you hate IKEA, but they do offer great storage solutions. I know you'd rather build it yourself, but you have other projects on the wayside.

Just throw away stuff or put it outside and put a post on craigslist.org. People pick up anything free from craigslist. I know.


We have a local thing like Craigslist that my wife has gotten rid of stuff on already.
Its not a matter of having too much stuff (except maybe books- vbut those are not going away no matter what), its a matter of not having the storage space. We have a lot of that kind of stuff- bins, cheap particle board cabinets, but its never enough. The boys room, full of toys, is getting attacked next. We had a house that was about 75% bigger than this one when we moved here, and have really never managed to get the extra stuff completely under control. We need more room, but no way to get it until I get work. if then, since the housing market is so expensive here.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:
Son used to throw his in the car -- before those clippy thingies. I tied his car one to a string and then to his car seat. Taught him how to reel it in himself. It was great for those tantrums.



My niece threw her shoe out the window. When they got home s i l asked where it was and the older kid said, oh, she threw it out the window.
Why mention it before someone asks?

She backtracked and found it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

NeoLuddite


quality posts: 0 Private Messages NeoLuddite

Is putting Misfits' Lingerie in Space the way to bring Alien back around?

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:

heh. Have you had any kids already?



Geez, pay attention! She has two adult sons.

edit....I think


I'm pretty sure

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

did your house sell kt?

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
NeoLuddite wrote:Is putting Misfits' Lingerie in Space the way to bring Alien back around?



Heh. Been 8 months. 'Fraid we lost 'em.


jqubed wrote:did your house sell kt?



I accepted an offer...contingent on the home inspection and her financing.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:

My niece threw her shoe out the window. When they got home s i l asked where it was and the older kid said, oh, she threw it out the window.
Why mention it before someone asks?

She backtracked and found it.


Ah yes, son was hanging Minnie Mouse out the window as we were leaving DisneyWorld. "Watch out or you'll lose her!" Yep, Hubby (then) had to pull over off the freeway and I got walk out in the lane to get it. It's a wonder I survived his childhood.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:
We have a local thing like Craigslist that my wife has gotten rid of stuff on already.
Its not a matter of having too much stuff (except maybe books- vbut those are not going away no matter what), its a matter of not having the storage space. We have a lot of that kind of stuff- bins, cheap particle board cabinets, but its never enough. The boys room, full of toys, is getting attacked next. We had a house that was about 75% bigger than this one when we moved here, and have really never managed to get the extra stuff completely under control. We need more room, but no way to get it until I get work. if then, since the housing market is so expensive here.



OK, I missed something......I know you didn't like JH, but when did you quit?

btw, your statement, It is better to be from John H. than be at john H.....my husband said that is true in any field. As a CPA it held true for the big firms.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey you sports fans with kids, get a load of these cute

MLB Potato Heads



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

Nite all~!

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
killingtime wrote:I accepted an offer...contingent on the home inspection and her financing.


i'm sure the inspection will probably go well for you... you seem to keep things in good working order... my parents learned the value of the inspection on one house we almost bought (or maybe did but they were somehow able to get out of it through some legal wrangling) a house that had a cracked foundation... very nice house otherwise...

btw, I'm loving all the adds for sony HDV equipment... not they're giving me any real price discounts, but i'm guessing they're from me posting about my HVR-A1U purchase earlier... i mean, who else around here needs prosumer video equipment?

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
dontwantaname wrote:

OK, I missed something......I know you didn't like JH, but when did you quit?

btw, your statement, It is better to be from John H. than be at john H.....my husband said that is true in any field. As a CPA it held true for the big firms.



JH?

Still single, can't imagine why.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

killingtime wrote:Nite all~!


G'nite. Sleep well.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
FenStar wrote:

JH?

Johns Hopkins.

terrybatey


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
killingtime wrote:Nite all~!


Night

NeoLuddite


quality posts: 0 Private Messages NeoLuddite
killingtime wrote:Nite all~!


goodnite, kt.
PM, too.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
Josephus wrote:Johns Hopkins.


You quit?
If I can ask, why?

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
killingtime wrote:Nite all~!

nite

Still single, can't imagine why.

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
killingtime wrote:Nite all~!


g'nite kt

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
FenStar wrote:
You quit?
If I can ask, why?

my boss left, eventually the money ran out. the division was in bankruptcy. everyone is on grant money at Hopkins. I could go back, now, but its just not worth it. No hope for advancement, nothing but technical work there nowadays. ugly.

Back To Top