5th Generation 30GB Apple iPod sighed. Each year he said it would be the last time he came to this place. And yet, time and again he made the long trek just to see. He came in 2012, the year the Mayans attacked Texas and captured every piece of land but the Alamo. He came in 2014, despite the riots that followed the United States winning their first World Cup. He even came in 2023, after Canada revealed they had been manipulating the world for the past one hundred years. And all that time, she never once met him there.
5th Generation 30GB Apple iPod remembered the night the thief took him from her warm comforting embrace. She had meant everything to him. She had played his videos, streamed his MP3’s, tolerated his AIFFs. She had made his 320×240 pixel resolution seem like more than it actually was. He was better with her, she made him worth more, so much more.
5th Generation 30GB Apple iPod remembered the terror as the thief ran. 5th Generation 30GB Apple iPod was made before flash memory, so it was not good to shake him around so much. All he could do was lock his hard drive and try to hang on. And when the shaking stopped, he had no idea where he was.
The Great Watercress Shortage, the landmark Treaty Of The Apes and Kittens, the discovery of distributed nutrition, 5th Generation 30GB Apple iPod lived through all this, and now, he barely cared. His life had gone from providing entertainment to searching for her. And now, here he was, at the place they always said they’d go one day, beside the last tree in the whole world, on the anniversary of the day they had first met.
5th Generation 30GB Apple iPod thought, for a moment, maybe he saw her there. But he was old, now, refurbished. His eyes were just playing tricks. Cruel old eyes. These days he could look in the mirror and not even tell if he was white or black.
She was gone, then. She’d lived her life, and found her place in the world, without him. Maybe he should have done the same. Not even allowing himself a look over his shoulder, 5th Generation 30GB Apple iPod turned and walked away, a slow, tragic shuffle into a future he had never allowed himself to imagine.
Warranty: 90 Day Woot Limited Warranty
- 30GB of storage space for music, photos, movies, and typical computer files
- 2.5 inch (diagonal) QVGA transflective display with over 65,000-color liquid crystal display and white LED backlight
- 320×240 pixel resolution with support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
- Upgradable firmware enables support for future audio and video formats
- Supports AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Music Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3 and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV audio files
- H.264 video up to 768 Kbps, 320×240, 30 frames per sec., Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48 KHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 480×480, 30 frames per sec., Simple Profile with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48 KHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov video file formats
- Built in rechargeable lithium ion battery that provides up to 14 hours of music, 3 hours of viewing photos, or 2 hours of video when fully charged
|Holds 7,500 to 15,000 songs in 128-Kbps AAC format|
|Holds up to 25,000 iPod-viewable photos|
|Holds over 1,000 videos|
|Stores data via USB hard drive|
|Song capacity is based on 4 minutes per song and 128-Kbps AAC encoding; photo capacity is based on iPod-viewable photos transferred from iTunes; video capacity is based on 4 minutes per H.264 750-Kbps video combined with 128-Kbps audio.|
|2.5 inch (diagonal) QVGA transflective, over 65,000-color liquid crystal display with white LED backlight|
|320 x 240 pixel resolution, .156-mm dot pitch|
|Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously|
|Frequency response:||20Hz to 20,000Hz|
|Audio formats supported:||AAC (16 to 320 Kbps)
Protected AAC (from iTunes Music Store)
MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps)
Audible (formats 2, 3 and 4)
AIFF and WAV
|Upgradable firmware enables support for future audio formats|
|Video formats supported:||H.264 video up to 768 Kbps 320 x 240 30 frames per sec.
Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps 48 KHz stereo audio in .m4v .mp4 and .mov file formats
MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 480 x 480, 30 frames per sec.
Simple Profile with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48 KHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats
|Earbud-style headphones with 18-mm drivers using Neodymium transducer magnets|
|Frequency response:||20Hz to 20,000Hz|
Mac system requirements
- Macintosh computer with USB port (USB 2.0 recommended)
- Mac OS X v10.3.9 or later
Windows system requirements
- PC with USB port or card (USB 2.0 recommended)
- Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 or later, or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later
In the box:
- Data Cable
- Ear buds