Saving the Earth, one hump at a time.
"Hey Patty. What ya … what ya protesting there?”
We, the concerned citizens of Kalamazoo, have gathered here today to put an end to camel persecution. For centuries, these courageous animals have endured the flagrant mocking of human beings.
“Well, they are pretty silly looking.”
That is PRECISELY the attitude we are trying to overcome! Camels are majestic creatures blessed with the gift of water conservation. They are a treasure to this Earth and should be treated as such, not as fodder for tasteless jokes about their anatomy, or as cartoon mascots peddling known carcinogens.
“You seem to be forgetting all the good things we’ve done for camels. We’ve dedicated an entire day of the week to them. And, we named this super awesome CamelBak Groove® water bottle after them.”
Calling Wednesday ‘Hump Day’ just perpetuates negativity about camels since it insinuates that a hump is some big obstacle you have to overcome.
“I think that’s a bit of a stretch. But there’s nothing bad you can say about this water bottle. If anything, it’s celebrating the superior hydration capabilities of the camel. It has a sustainable, plant-based filter built right in to the straw that lasts for three months. You just fill it with regular tap water, and with every slurp you get fresh, great-tasting water on the go. Using it can eliminate the waste of up to 375 disposable water bottles and save you nearly $500. It’s a win-win for people and the Earth, and it makes the camel the hero.”
Well that’s a good start. These water bottles just might be the icon we need to turn the tide. Camels are champions of environmental protection. Bet you didn’t know that.
“I’m just saying, camels are epic spitters. Probably not a point you want to drum up though. It is pretty disgusting.”
See, now that’s exactly the type of ignorant stereotype that sets us back. There are two types of people in this world. The ones that are for camels, and the ones against them. Which side are you on?
“You’re right. I’m sorry. I’m totally for camels. Now I have a question for you, Patty.”
“How do you take your camel? One hump or two?”
You really are unbelievable.
“Guess that joke was the filtered straw that broke the camel’s back.”
Please leave now.
Warranty: Lifetime CamelBak
- Filters tap water into fresh, great-tasting water anywhere you go
- Hydration Capacity: 20 oz (.6 L)
- Sustainable, plant-based filter lasts about 3 months or 48 gallons (180L) of water
- Certified by NSF International to reduce chlorine, taste and odor
- Easy to refill and easy to use bottle with a filter built into the straw
- Spill-proof bite value opens with a bite and seals automatically
- Easy to carry: Integrated loop handle makes it easy to clip a carabiner or carry with the crook of a finger
- 100% BPA-Free
- Dishwasher safe
- Replaces up to 375 disposable bottles
- Includes 1 Fresh™ Filter and new CamelBak Big Bite™ Valve
- Product Video
- Yet Another Product Video
- Third Product Video (because we can't get enough of this!)
|Dimensions:||3” x 3.5” x 8.75” (8 x 9 x 22 cm)|
|Big Bite Valve Material:||Medical-Grade Silicone|
|Bottle Material:||BPA-Free Eastman Tritan™ Copolyester|
In the box:
- (2) CamelBak 53286 Groove .6L Bottles