Stand Up and Be Ridiculed
Get ready to suck up some laffs with the Upright Vacuums Brigade!
A hearty "yes, and" to all you improv imps out there from the Upright Vacuums Brigade! This week is packed like a clear debris bin, only instead of pet hair and skin flakes, it's full of giggles, chortles, and glistening, bodacious titters! Here are all the haps you won't hesitate to want to neglect refusing to fail to avoid!
- The Root Psy-Clones (Monday, 7 PM): It's sketch comedy for geeks: a totally nonobvious idea that nobody has ever had, ever! Marvel at how the right performer can make Captain Picard, the Doctor, and Harry Potter sound exactly the same!
- fixed wheel. (Wednesday, 4 AM): The most advanced, least comprehensible improv troupe in town challenges the idea that comedy should be entertainment. You'll be laughing too hard to be confused, or maybe the other way around.
- Baby's First Improv (Thursday, 10 AM): Improv isn't about dialogue, or stories, or ideas, or coordinated physical action. We'll prove it with this course for preverbal, nonmobile infants. Applicants must pass a series of five Harold tryouts.
- Jus' Funnin' (Friday, 7 PM, 9 PM, & 11 PM): The four friends who started this thing, plus the one guy whose inherited Texas Instruments stock pays the rent for the space, dick around on stage just kind of doing whatever seems funny. Tickets $15 adv. $18 DOS.
- Open Comedy Jam (Saturday, 10 AM): Join us to perform spontaneous comedy involving pushing Dyson vacuums around our theater floor. Wear something you don't mind getting dirty.