I'll Stick With My Altavista Tablet, Thanks
Get it while Google's still not entirely evil!
It's time to clear up some of the talk going around about the Google Nexus tablet. It's definitely true that it offers a sharp 7-inch touchscreen, up to 10 hours of web browsing or e-reading on a single charge, and your choice of 16GB or 32GB storage capacity. What's NOT true are the following rumors:
- You can only log on with it by scanning your eye into Google Retina.
- App purchases may only be paid for with Google Bucks.
- Users are required to attend one in-person Google Hangout per week, to ask forgiveness for using other browsers, apps, devices, and social networks.
- Google text ads will be based on keywords from your private conversations, diaries, and dreams.
- Searches attempted through any other search engine will be routed directly to the Chinese Secret Police.
- Terms of service obligate purchasers to share all their photos on Google +. Not just photos they upload to social media, or even just photos they take with the device - all photos they've ever taken, anywhere, past and future.