Narcissist that I am, my favorite use of Google's new blog search feature is looking up dear old Woot.com. It's fascinating what people say about us when they think we're not listening. Take a look at this roundup of Woot-centric commentary from across the blogosphere and I'm sure you will agree, unless you're totally lame. Here there be lynxxx:
- It seems today's motoring-cat photo caused Fountain City, Slowly to knock his computer to the floor in a fit of titters and giggles. Sorry, dude, but it's, like, laugh at your own risk around here.
- Still on the laffs tip: "Hilarious!" raves Matt May of Corante about the Woot podcast. "These guys make Crazy Eddie look like His Holiness the Dalai Lama," he continues. "Discover the Woot podcast." We're humbled to be praised by someone with May's rugged good looks and fine ear for comic excellence.
- OK, one more post about our dumb jokes, this time a simple quotation on Eight Lives Left.
- The debut offering of our Rinfrescante wine drew notice from livejournal users librarygamer and noisetube. You're not a "glutton for punishment," noisetube - you're a wine-forward gourmand who's not afraid to take a chance! Just murmur that over and over and watch your misgivings evaporate.
- Other liverjournalites took note of our geeky watch offering (flick_tm) and some unsavory goings-on in the background of a contest-winning photo (xvaleriex). Nothing gets past these folks. I knew all those nasty things people say about livejournal users couldn't possibly be true.
- Treough Blog likes the hat and the remote from his BOC. He's less hot on the DVD+RWs and the bag itself.
- Some flippant remarks from Binomial Marketing Experiment about how Woot is "a fad, at most" brought a torrent (OK, a drizzle) of criticism, including some from our own Luke Duff.
- Upon realizing he's been missing the Woot party all this time, Britt Schramm reconsiders his self-image as a guy with his finger on the pulse of what's happening (or "what's the hap," as Becky said in an episode of Roseanne I saw recently).
- If anybody out there speaks German, we'd love to know what Basic Thinking and Exciting Commerce
are saying about us. From the German I picked up watching TV, I'm
guessing they want us to touch their monkey, but there's a possibility
I could be wrong.
By now I'm sure you're wondering, "How can I get MY blog featured in this space?" The answer: write an interesting blog post about us. We'll find it. If we never link to it, it's because either (a) it's not as cool as you think it is or (b) we are mental defectives who wouldn't know a good blog post if it was floating in our Frankenberries - whichever makes you feel better. (Many of our members apply similar standards to help understand our contest judging criteria.) Blog as you will, blogtonians, but remember: Woot Brother is watching you.