Over the shoulder
If you want a keytar, you just gotta believe!
Let’s just get straight to it. Here’s what you’re getting: 1) some sweet Session software with a huge virtual instrument library including all the classic sounds you could want as well as pop- and rock-inspired synths and sound effects; and 2) a rad 25-note Keystudio keytar!
What’s that you say? That doesn’t look like a keytar to you? It looks like just a normal keyboard? Well, I’m going to let you in on a little music industry secret: you can easily turn any keyboard into a rockin’ keytar! All you need is a strap and some durable duct tape. The strap can even be made out of duct tape if you want to save money!
And the craziest part? I’m not even talking about musical keyboards here. Really, you can keytarize anything that has keys. Heck, I am, right now, in the middle of my office, down on one knee, typing on a computer keyboard like it’s a Stratocaster. And when I’m done, I’ve got some expense reports to do, so you better believe I’ll be strapping up the old Texas Instrument and finger tapping out a few wicked calculation solos!
But sorry, I’m getting ahead of myself here. Computer keyboards, calculators: that stuff is expert mode when it comes to keytarization. For a beginner like you, there’s no better place to start than this Keystudio.Authorized for SquareTrade Extended Warranty
Warranty: 1 Year M-Audio
- Easy-to-use Session software and compact, 25-note keyboard, play hundreds of included virtual instruments
- Built-in effects including reverb, EQ and more, transform your tracks into polished, CD-quality mixes
- Over 1,200 loops, instant drag-and-drop music creation, no experience required
- Quickly connects to your PC with one USB cable—no extra cables, no drivers and no hassles
- Session software instantly recognizes the connected keyboard and takes care of everything else in the background
- KeyStudio keyboard to play Session’s huge virtual instrument library, which includes everything from classic sounds like pianos and basses to pop- and rock-inspired synths and sound effects
|System Requirements - Mac|
|Macintosh G3 800/G4 733mhz or higher
OS X 10.3.9 with 256mb or higher
OS X 10.4.3 or greater with 512mb RAM
1 native USB port
|System Requirements - PC|
|Windows XP (SP 2) or Windows Vista 32bit
1.6GHz Processor (CPU requirements may be higher for laptops)
512mb RAM (Windows XP), 1 GB RAM Vista
4GB Hard drive space
32mb Video RAM (XP) 128mb Video Ram (Vista)
1024×768 video resolution (1280×1024 recommended)
DVD Drive for Session Software
2 Native USB Ports
In the box:
- M-Audio KeyStudio 25-Note Keyboard
- 6.5 Foot USB Cable
- M-Audio Session V1.6 Software DVD