I need romance, stat!
You’re going to love talking to people on this Ooma Telo. If they don’t love talking back, that’s too bad!
Hello, 911? Hey! It’s me, Chris! I just set up my new Ooma Telo – only took fifteen minutes! – and it says that when I call 911, you guys’ll get my registered address. Just wanted to make sure it’s working. 509 4th Ave, Galesburg, Illinois – is that what you got on your end? Cool, well then, no emergency here, except having this whole bottle of wine all to myself, hint hint…
No wait, please don’t hang up! Why? Well, umm, because… I want to check the rest of these features. Yes, it is an emergency! Kind of! Or a preemptive strike on possible emergencies! Think about it: what if I set this up wrong and I call someone with anger problems and there’s an issue with the call that makes them want to kill me? Do you want that blood on your hands? Please, just walk through this with me!
Okay, cool! Let’s start by testing the voice quality. I’ll say a series of things and you say “yes” if you’d describe the sound as crisp and clear. Alright, testing, here we go: “Would you like to enjoy a romantic candle-lit dinner with me?” Yes? Well, come on over! Oh… right, it was crisp and clear… sorry, got a little excited there.
Now let’s test the handset which should provide the same superb quality, security, and range without interfering with my WiFi. I’m going to walk through my house, and you can tell me if I’m still clear, alright? Okay, I’m in the living room with my surprisingly large DVD collection of romantic comedies – can you hear me? What about now, in the garage with my convertible? Now, in the bedroom with the lights dimmed and rose petals all over the bed? All clear?
Well, next is in-network calling. Why don’t you just go ahead and give me the number for your Ooma, and I’ll call you when your shift ends. Oh, you don’t have an Ooma? That’s no problem; pretty much all U.S. calls are free for me aside from a few taxes and fees. So you can go ahead and give me that number anyway.
No? Fine, if you don’t want to help, I’ll move on to the next feature without you: testing the low cost international calling! Good-bye and thanks for nothing, 911!
Bonjour, 122? Eh! C’est moi, Chris!Authorized for SquareTrade Extended Warranty
Warranty: 180 Day Ooma Warranty
Ooma Basic Member Features:
- Plug your high-speed Internet connection into Ooma Telo, plug your home phone into Ooma Telo, activate, then call your phone company and tell them to stop sending you bills
- Free U.S. Calling – call anyone, anywhere in the U.S. (only pay applicable taxes and fees)
- Enjoy the convenience of caller-ID and call-waiting at no extra charge
- Make international calls starting at a penny per minute (international rates)
- Call another Ooma customer anywhere in the world for free
- Ooma PureVoice technology delivers unmatched voice clarity and reliability
- Ooma HD Voice doubles the audio frequencies transmitted to deliver a richer, more natural sounding conversation to calls between Ooma Telo customers (an Ooma Telo Handset or HD compatible telephone is required to support Ooma HD Voice)
- Get crisp acoustic performance with advanced features like voice compression and adaptive redundancy
- Encrypted calls, get superb sound quality, security and range without interfering with your Wi-Fi network or other home electronics
- Standalone device compatible with your existing home phones and most fax machines – no computer or headset required
- Access your voicemail remotely from any phone or web browser
- The option to get a new number at no charge or keep your current phone number (one-time porting fee of $39.99 - if available to port)
- Ooma is highly intuitive to set-up – most customers are up and making calls in less than 15 minutes
- When you dial 911, emergency personnel will automatically have your registered address
- You can choose to keep a landline connected to your Ooma as a back up option so that during Internet outages placing 911 calls are always possible
- Hear messages, check call logs and control your preferences online
- Check your calling history from any Internet-connected computer or mobile device
- Ooma is a high-performance firewall router, with QoS support, that allows you to setup home-based servers and other network devices
Ooma Premier Member Features (additional fees apply):
- Make or take two simultaneous calls with the Instant Second Line
- Option to choose additional phone numbers
- Experience the greatness of Google Voice on your Ooma system – access Google Voice’s Voicemail, Call Presentation, Listen In, and Caller-ID features
- Ring your home and mobile phone simultaneously with Multi-Ring
- Forward voicemail to your email or smartphone
- 911 Notifications - if emergency services are called from your Ooma phone number you'll be alerted by email or text message the very moment it occurs
- Make calls over Wi-Fi from compatible smartphones, including iPhone, iPod touch and Android based smartphones, with the Ooma Mobile app (purchase and installation of Ooma application on compatible smartphones required)
- Link your mobile phone to your Ooma Telo using the optional Ooma Bluetooth adapter ($29.99)
- Screen callers and listen in to their message before answering
- Block unwanted callers with Anonymous Call Blocking, Personal and Community Blacklists, and one touch Do Not Disturb
- Transfer a call to voicemail by pressing the “Send to Voicemail” button any time after you say hello
- Get some peace and quiet whenever you want by simply pressing the envelope icon for (2) seconds – all of your calls will roll into voicemail without ringing
- Whether you are doing business or chatting with friends, three-way conference calling has never been easier
- Read your voicemail instead of listening to it – get your messages wherever there’s email access – on a mobile phone, portable device or computer (available to Ooma Premier subscribers for $9.99 per month – plan includes 40 messages, additional messages are $0.25 each)
- Keep up to date with new message notifications that can be sent to any email address or SMS-capable mobile phone
- Enjoy the ultimate convenience of having your voicemail messages forwarded to your email – now you can listen to messages from your preferred mobile or desktop email client
- Free number transfer, handset or Bluetooth (Telo customers only) – sign up for a year of Ooma Premier and get a free Ooma Telo Handset ($49.99 value), Ooma Bluetooth Adapter ($29.99 value), or a free number transfer ($39.99 value)
- High-speed Internet service (minimum 256Kbps upstream)
- Corded/Cordless home phone or optional Ooma Telo Handset
- Online activation required
- Residential use only
In the box:
- (1) Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone System
- (1) Power Adapter
- (1) Ethernet Cable
- (1) Phone Cable