“What’s this? What are you spending my money on now? We don’t have enough junk in this house, is that it?”
“Oh, George, please don’t be that way. It’s just a Philips 10 in 1 Universal Remote Control. It wasn’t expensive. I thought you might like it.”
“I might like it? What a laugh. I’ve got eight remotes already. What do I need another one for?”
“Well, that’s just it. This one can control up to 10 devices, so you can put all those other ones away. Won’t that be nice, George? Won’t it?”
“And look, we can each program our favorite channels and label them with little icons, up to 100 channels each. Here, look, right here on the screen, all the channels you like: C-SPAN 2, Jetix, EWTN, ShopNBC. Isn’t that nice, George? Isn’t it?”
“Oh, for the love of…lemme see that thing. Hey! Very funny. ‘I Don’t Like You Very Much’, it says. Ha ha ha. OK, you made your little joke, Maureen. Very funny. What’s the gag, huh? What’s the big idea?”
“George, I don’t know what you -”
“Oh, stop it! Look here, right here on the 1.5” x 2” TFT screen: ‘Be Nice To Me Or You Might Get Hurt’. See here, it…huh. It changed. Or…you made it change.”
“Oh, George, I don’t see anything at all. I don’t see anything but the channel icons for your favorite cable networks. Please, just calm down -”
“It changed! I tell you, you made it change! The screen said I might get hurt and you made it change to make me look crazy! Now listen to me, Maureen, if this is your idea of a joke, just stop it now! Right now! I don’t think it’s funny! And I certainly don’t want your, your crazy remote control!”
“George! That’s enough! I just tried to do something nice for you! I don’t know why you must act like such a beast! I’m going to my mother’s until you come to your senses!”
“Fine! Go!...Good. Good. I’m glad she’s gone. Now I can smash this crazy remote into pieces and throw it in the garbage where it belongs. What’s it say now? ‘I Am Going To Kill You’. Real funny. A regular laugh riot. Now let’s see, where’s that hammer? I thought I – ow! Hey! This thing just – OW! OWW! What, what are you – AAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!”
Warranty: 90 Day Philips
- 1.5” x 2” TFT screen – Conveniently call up and view favorite channel icons
- Controls TV, DVD, VCR, satellite, cable, audio, DVR and more. Offers advanced DVD, DVR and satellite functionality.
- Icon design allows you to customize programming by user or by viewing category.
- Easy keypad design – Convenient ergonomic access to all features and functions of the remote control make it easy to access and operate.
- Guide, info/select and scroll – Enjoy all your satellite system has to offer. Features allow you to access on-screen satellite channel guide, info, select/OK , quit, and scroll to easily navigate through the guide.
- Favorite channel icons – Enjoy viewing favorite channel logos onscreen.
- Label your own buttons – Name the channel yourself or use one of the favorite icons
- Learning functionality – Learning functionality captures and stores infrared signals from other remotes for later use. When device codes are not included in the on-board database, they can always be learned from the original remote, simply by pointing to it.
- One-touch convenience – One-touch control allows you to perform multiple commands with one press of a button via a macro. A macro combines a string of pre-programmed commands under one single button. Therefore, it simply takes one button press to execute a series of functions.
- Subtitle, zoom and repeat – Enjoy complete access to your DVD features: view subtitles, and repeat scenes at the touch of a button.
- Chapter +/- and chapter scan – Easily locate and scan the succeeding or preceding chapters on a disc at the touch of a button.
- Kid safe – Allows children to choose and watch only selected channels. Locks them out of essential programming functions.
- Backlight color: White
- Languages in manual: English, French, Spanish
- Copy key function
- Universal IR database: TV, VCR, DVD, SAT, CABLE, CD/MD, RECEIVER, AMP, TIVO, Home Theater, TV-DVD, TV-VCR, DVR, DSS
- Programmable macros
- Operating distance: 7 m
- Learning IR codes
- Transmitting LEDs: 2
- Number of brands in database: Over 300
- Number of batteries: 3
- Battery type: AA / LR6 Alkaline
- Battery saving manager: Auto switch on/off
In the box:
- Philips SRU8010/37 10 n 1 Universal Remote Control
- Users Manual
- Code List