The president has given us land! All we have to do is get there to claim it. Everyone is loading up supplies. They call us “The Pioneer 5.1 Surround Sound System with HDMI Upconverting DVD Players”. We feel like we can do anything these day. Everyone is so polite, so hopeful. We leave in the morning. Hope God watches over us.
We can’t even see the city any more. Our guide, MCACC, is helping us set things up. It’s very easy, everything fine tunes automatically, no matter how complex. And the color coded wire we bought couldn’t be simpler. I wonder openly why we didn’t do this sooner.
Trouble at the river. We lost sixteen oxen and most of our food stores. Thankfully, no lives. But food is now a problem. Still, we will endure.
The dual-layer DVD player has caught the vapors. Without it, we’ll have no way to watch DVDs, DVD-Rs, DVD-RWs, DVD+Rs (Video Mode), DVD+RWs (Video Mode) Compatible VCDs, SVCDs, CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, WMAs, WMVs, MP3s, MPEG4-AACs, JPEGs or DivX files.
DVD player has recovered! We are planning a small party to celebrate. We don’t have much, but MCACC has found us some local berries, and the built in FM/AM tuner with sleep timer will provide the music. Things are getting better, God willing.
Curse these proprietary speaker connections on the receiver. What were they thinking? The included speakers and non-stick pads are excellent, but if we lose them, what will we do? The man at the General Store should have told us. If we lose anyone, the blood is on his hands.
Lost the remote control in the first snow. MCACC still has his antenna and composite cable, but how long can he keep us calibrated, even with his skills?
Half our group is dead or dying. Once it all seemed so HDMI. Everthing was upscaled to 720p/1080p. It was so beautiful the way the DVD player presented it. But now, it all seems regular again. MCACC still does his best, bless him. I urge him to leave us, but he refuses. I try to hide the blood in my cough.
Hard to write. MCACC still tries to keep me calibrated, but it is for nothing. All the others are gone. The snows are so hard. MCACC says it is getting warmer, but I think it is just fever. I will not survive long. Perhaps, one day, some other “Pioneer 5.1 Surround Sound System with HDMI Upconverting DVD Players” will draw inspiration. Maybe they will succeed where we failed. But do not give up, brave ones! This nation is strong, though I am weak. It needs you to guide it.
This is my last entry, I fear. I am the only one left. Even MCACC has succumbed. But it was a good deal, even still. And I have no regrets. And I am proud to have been a Pioneer. May God have mercy on our souls.
Warranty: 1 Year PioneerAuthorized for SquareTrade Extended Warranty
- Provides DVD playback upscaling to 1080p resolution via HDMI
- 360 watt 5.1 Surround Sound System with six magnetically shielded side cubes and dual center channel speakers can be configured in a variety of ways
- Automatic MCACC (Multi Channel Acoustic Calibration Circuit) setup, fine tunes each speaker audio characteristics and calibrates them to your specific room. Insert a microphone (included) into the receiver and it will listen to the space and automatically makes a complex series of very subtle equalization adjustments to optimize performance
- Color coded speaker wire for simple and easy set up
- USB connection to play music and display JPEG photos at the same time
- Compatible with USB flash drives, USB external hard drives, or USB digital audio player with a file format of FAT16/32
- FM/AM tuner with sleep timer
- DiviX Certified with support for VideoCDs, Super VCDs, WMA, WMV, MP3, MPEG4-AAC
Pioneer XV-DV385 Specifications:
- Dual-Layer DVD-R, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R (Video Mode), DVD+RW (Video Mode) Compatible
- VCD / VCD / CD / CD-R / CD-RW Compatible
- HDMI Terminal for Digital Audio/Video Out (with DVD Sources)
- HDMI Upscaling (to 720p/1080p)
- Official DivX Certified Product
- Compatible with DivX Video with Standard Playback of DivX Media Files
- 108 MHz / 12-bit Video DAC
- PureCinema 2:3 Progressive Scan
- JPEG PhotoViewer
- USB Connection for JPEG “Slideshow with Music” (JPEG / WMA / MP3 / MPEG-4 AAC Playback)
- MCACC Auto Calibration
- Front Stage Surround Advance (Focus 5.1/Wide 5.1)
- Sound Retriever
- Dual Center Speaker
- Optical Input for STB & Game
- Advanced Surround Mode – 8 Modes: Action, Unplugged, Expanded, TV Surround, Sports, Advanced Game, Virtual Surround, Extended Stereo
- USB Input for Compressed Music Playback
- WMA (Windows Media Audio), MP3, MPEG-4 AAC Compressed Music Playback (DRM content not supported)
- Built-in 6-Channel Amplifier: 60 Watts x 6 (RMS 10 % THD, 1 kHz for Front/Center/Surround, 100 Hz for Subwoofer)
- Front/Center/Surround: ––15 Watts per Channel (200 Hz-20 kHz, 1 % THD, 4Ω)
- Subwoofer: 20 Watts (45 Hz-200 Hz, 1 % THD, 4Ω)
- Built-in DTS, Dolby® Digital, Dolby® Pro Logic, Dolby® Pro Logic II Decoders
- 6 SFC Modes (ACTION, DRAMA, ROCK, POP, HALL, LIVE)
- Extra Power (Pioneer Original Sound Mode)
- FM/AM Presets (30 Stations)
- 1 HDMI Terminal
- 1 USB Input (A Type)
- 1 S-Video Output
- 1 Video Output
- Component Video Output
- 1 Analog Audio Input
- Power Requirements: AC 120 V / 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 45 Watts
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.25 Watts
Pioneer HTZ-575DV Specifications:
- Front/Center/Surround: 2-19/32 inches (6.6 cm) Cone, Magnetically Shielded
- Subwoofer: 6-5/16 inches (16 cm) Cone, Bass-Reflex Type
- W x H x D: 16-9/16” x 2-3/8” x 13-3/16” (420×60 x 335 mm)
- Weight: 6 lbs. 3 oz. (2.8 kg)
- Front/Center/Surround: 3-25/32” x 3-25/32” x 3-25/32” (96×96 x 96 mm)
- Subwoofer: 8-1/2” x 15-3/8” x 15-15/32” (216×391 x 393 mm)
- Front: 1 lbs. (0.44 kg)
- Center: 1 lbs. 0.44 kg)
- Surround: 1 lbs. 0.44 kg)
- Subwoofer: 12 lbs. 2 oz. (5.5 kg)
Pioneer HTZ-575DV In the Box:
- Receiver/DVD player
- Remote Control
- 2 AA Batteries
- Composite Cable
- Microphone for MCACC
Pioneer XV-DV385 In the Box:
- 2 Surround Sound Speaker
- 2 Front Speakers
- 2 Center Speakers
- 6 Speaker Wires
- 18 Small non-skid pads
- 4 Large non-skid pads
- 2 Brackets
- 6 Mounting Brackets
- 8 Screws