Todd: Man, this Pee-Wee’s Playhouse tape is totally malted. I can’t even tell which King of Cartoons that is.
Eric: I told you it was an old tape. You know what they should totally invent? A DVD recorder.
Todd: They have those.
Eric: I’m not talking about a DVD burner. I mean a DVD recorder, like a VCR but with DVDs instead of tapes.
Todd: Yeah, they have those.
Eric: No way.
Todd: Seriously. My cousin, he’s got an RCA Dual Format DVD Recorder. It can totally record TV shows or whatever onto DVD+R/+RW or DVD-R/-RW discs, from your TV tuner, camcorder, whatever. Not only that, but it plays DivX videos, has an HDMI output and comes with a free HDMI cable. It can supposedly upconvert your existing DVDs to look kinda high-resolution, if you believe that one.
Eric: Yeah, but can it record TV shows or whatever onto DVD+R/+RW or DVD-R/-RW discs?
Todd: Dude, I just said that! Are you even listening to me?
Eric: Oh, sorry, sorry. I was rewinding back to see Dixie again and I guess I zoned out. You know what she does to me.
Warranty: 90 days
- Dual format recording – Record from your TV, camcorder, or other video device using either DVD+R/+RW or DVD-R/RW discs for total convenience
- Easy recording – As easy to use as the familiar VCR, but you get the advantage of recording your favorite TV shows and other content on long-lasting DVDs
- DivX certified – DivX capability helps you save on blank DVD discs because it compresses video content to fit more on a disc while still maintaining high visual quality. Plays all versions of DivX video (including DivX®6)
- HDMI output with HD upconversion –Connects the DVD player to your HDMI equipped television for stunning digital images from DVD. The interface is a simple one-cable design so hookup is easy, and you’ll get near HD-quality images from your current DVD library with the upconversion feature. An HDMI cable is included.
- DV-Input w/Camcorder Control – This high quality digital connection is ideal for transfer of Digital Video (DV) camcorder home videos over to DVD. It also includes camcorder control to simplify the process
- Front Audio/Video Input Jacks – Allows convenient hook-up of camcorders, mp3 players and other devices
- Interactive User Interface – With this unit’s user friendly interface, DVD recording and playback have never been easier
- Progressive Scan output
- 181 Channel NTSC Tuner
- Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 output
- Disc Library with Live Preview
- Playback Formats: DVD, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DivX, VCD, SVCD, CD, CD-R/RW, MP3, WMA, JPEG, Picture CD
- Recordable Disc Formats: DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW
- Disc Speeds 2.4x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 2.4x, 4x (RW)
- Recording Speed: HQ, SP, LP, EP, SLP, SEP
- AV and HDMI Cable Included
- RCA TV/DVD Remote Control with Batteries included
- Dimensions: 2.6 x 16.9 x 11
- Composite (RCA) In: 1 Front/1 Rear, Out: 1 Rear
- Component Video Out: 1 Set Rear
- HDMI Out: Rear
- IEEE1394 In: Front
- Optical/Coaxial Digital Audio Out: Rear
- RF In: 1 in Rear; Out: 1 in Rear
- S-Video In: 1 Front/ 1 Rear; Out: 1 Rear