It’s a story as old as time, really.
Continuing to reduce your dependence on going outside for any reason.
It’s been six weeks since Stephanie left, and he’s miserable. He comforts himself with the fact that he was miserable when they were together, too. Maybe he’s just a miserable person, doomed to feel this way no matter what situation he finds himself in. At least now he’s alone and doesn’t have the guilt of ruining her life, too.
He turns on the TV. After Stephanie left he bought a refurbished Roku XDS 1080p Player. He knew he didn’t need an excuse to watch more television, but Stephanie was always so against the idea it felt good to be able to buy one now. An impotent act of defiance. It’s not that it was a bad investment; he enjoys watching movies and shows over his high-speed internet connection in full 1080p through his subscriptions to Netflix, Hulu Plus, and others.
But the more he watches, the more alone he feels. At least when he was miserable with Stephanie he wasn’t miserable and alone. Outside, the world seems to move in fast forward. Days roar by in quick succession and he doesn’t move. He only slouches. Stephanie always tried to correct his posture when he would slouch.
She’ll never come back. He knows that. He’s not sure he would take her back if she did come back. He laughs at his own hubris. The idea that he has anything to offer her, any reason for her to want to come back. No, it’s better this way. Alone. Just him and his Roku. Television shows don’t judge. Movies don’t complain about never going out. And Stephanie couldn’t hold his attention for two whole hours even in the best of times. No, this is how it should be. This is how it will be. Comfortable. Safe. Alone.Authorized for SquareTrade Extended Warranty
Warranty: 90 Day Roku
- Start watching movies on your TV in seconds using your high-speed Internet connection
- Delivers biggest and best streaming video experience you can get up to 1080p
- Extended-range, dual-band Wireless-N technology and wired Internet connectivity so you can get it almost anywhere in your house
- USB port for playing stored photos, music and videos from a connected hard drive or flash device
- Component video and optical audio outputs (cables not included)
- Simply connect to your TV and to your high-speed Internet service. Does not require PC for streaming
- Use your existing subscriptions (like Netflix or Hulu Plus), or enjoy free and on-demand content (like Pandora, Flickr, and Amazon Instant Video)
- Roku is constantly expanding its library of streaming entertainment, so there will always be something new to watch
- Dimensions: 5”(W) x 1”(H) x 5”(D)
Setting up Roku is as easy as 1-2-3:
1. Plug it in. Roku is compatible with virtually any TV
2. Add it to your home network. Whether your home is wireless or wired, the helpful on-screen instructions make it a cinch.
3. Enjoy! Choose your entertainment, and control it with the handy remote
What you need:
To use Roku, you need a high speed Internet connection with a speed of at least 1.2 Mbps (such as mid-level DSL). For HD video, we recommend 5 Mbps (if you’re not sure what your speed is, go to www.speedtest.net and run the simple test). Note that not all content partners enable HD or 1080p streaming video. You may also need a wireless or wired router if you cannot connect Roku directly to your cable or DSL modem.
In the box:
- Roku XDS 2100X 1080p Streaming Player
- Composite A/V Cable
- AC adapter
- (2) AAA Batteries
- Getting Started Guide