We’re a schizophrenic society, us. On the one hand: BIGGER! BIGGER! BIGGER! On the other: smaller smaller smaller. From our SUVs and our fountain sodas to our own mushy, bloated bodies, we’re a nation of size queens and wanna-be Texans, prostrate in mass worship of sheer mass. But our phones and other electronic devices keep shrinking, always shrinking, approaching the point of vanishing altogether (if only). What’s a portable speaker to do, when it must satisfy these two contradictory demands?
The pocket-sized Saitek A100 MySpkr Personal Stereo Speaker packs as much rich creamery bass as its itty-bitty frame can handle. It makes a cute couple with your iPod, MP3 player, laptop, or new or refurbished Zune (ahem). While its sound is as big and burly as a chronic steroid abuser’s bicep, the speaker itself is as undersized as his testicles.
Now, don’t expect the laws of physics to suspend themselves in honor of the A100 MySpkr – when it comes to sound, it’s still pretty much true that you get what you have room for. For one thing, it’s only one speaker, so your stereophile exotica and quadrophonic soundscapes will be better served by a bigger system. But when all you have is that little zipper pocket on your laptop bag that you haven’t opened since that one day you took cold medicine to work, the Saitek A100 MySpkr is worth packing.
Alas, the MySpkr seems to have lost some vowels along the way. But it sounds just as good whether you think cutesy names like MySpkr are clvr or bllsht.
Warranty: Two Year Manufacturer
- Designed for iPod® and MP3 players, MP3 mobile phones, handheld game consoles and laptops
- Active stereo speaker with tuned bass port
- Twin neodymium speakers deliver amazing sound quality
- Integrated stand for improved stereo sound projection.
- 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable provided (for connecting iPod® or other media player)
- Unique connector/stand for use with iPod® Nano
- 2.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable provided (for connecting a mobile phone)
- Battery level/standby indicator
- Integrated stand positions the speakers at 30 degrees to horizontal
- Requires 4 x AAA alkaline batteries
- Input socket for external 6 volts DC power, tip positive (Adaptor not provided)
- 12 hours battery life (at average volume levels)
- Switches on automatically when music is played, switches off automatically to boost
- Durable scratch and dust-resistant casing
In the box:
- Speaker with Integrated Stand
- 2.5mm Audio Cable
- 3.5mm Audio Cable
- iPod Nano Stand
- User Guide