If you’re like us, we’re very sad for you, because that means you can’t afford an HDTV. But if you’re one of the millions of Americans who are better than us, you already have one. Gosh, it sure must be wonderful to see things in high def. I bet some days you even get an extra bowl of gruel, and maybe an orange at Christmas. What a life you must have.
But it must be frustrating to watch those old dvd’s in what they’re calling “old def”. Wouldn’t you like to see them in an upscaled format? The solution is easy. You could either hire orphans to act out your favorite scenes, or you could get this refurbished Toshiba SD-6000 1080p Upconverting DVD Player with HDMI Cable.
Our Toshiba is made to take regular 480p content and make it into 720p or 1080p, so it looks great on you HD TV. It handles DVD, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, VCD, SVCD, DivX, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, WMA, JPEG, and it would probably make an egg into one of those McMuffin shaped patties, even though that would void your warranty on both the player and the egg.
We’ve also heard that people like you have sound systems, just for their televisions. That is amazing to us. We huddle around a little speaker that buzzes a little. But the Toshiba SD-6000 1080p Upconverting DVD Player with HDMI Cable is ready for Dolby Digital and DTS with its built in decoders. There’s a 192kHz/24-bit processor as well, to make that 3-D Surround Sound happen smooth and quick. And those HD signals will move through the included HDMI cable. You’ll also have a remote control, in case your butler has to take the night off to care for his poor widowed mother. You’re so kind to let him leave early.
So if you’re like us, all you can do is window shop, mostly to try and distract yourself from the cold as you try to sell enough matches to maybe get something eat and a warm corner to sleep in. But if you’re living pie-in-the-sky, this Toshiba SD-6000 1080p Upconverting DVD Player with HDMI Cable can only make your life better. And please, can’t we come over to watch?
Warranty: 90 Days Woot Limited
- Upconversion: The SD-6000 takes your existing DVDs to a new level with video upconversion. You can take standard DVDs up to 1080p resolution via the HDMI input.
- HDMI out: HDMI is a convenient, single cable connection that provides uncompressed digital video and multi-channel audio to your home theater components. AN HDMI cable is included
- Multiple formats: This player is compatible with DVD, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, VCD, SVCD, DivX, CD-R/RW, MP3, WMA, and JPEG formats.
- HD JPEG: This feature provides the ability to view megapixel images in their enhanced resolution when using the HDMI output and a compatible HD display device.
- Slim design: The new super slim (40mm) chassis height is combined with a high gloss acrylic black panel, silver accents, an attractive accent light, and a bright front display to complement most entertainment systems.
- Built-In Dolby Digital and DTS Decoder – With a built in 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS decoder, the SD-6000 reproduces surround sound fidelity and sonic realism from your favorite movie soundtracks. It offers you the same surround sound entertainment value you would come to expect from a night out at the movies.
- Full-Feature Remote Control – This unit includes a full-feature remote control capable of executing specific commands such as zoom, slow motion, fast scan, and multi-camera angle. It’s also able to execute every command from any angle up to ±30°.
- Playable Disc Types DVD-Video/CD/CD-R/CD-RW/VCD/DVD-R
- Video Upconversion via HDMI™ ** 720p/1080i/1080p
- Video D/A 14-Bit/108MHz
- HD JPEG
- ColorStream Pro® Progressive Scan Component Video Output
- Progressive Scan 3:2 Pulldown Digital Cinema Progressive
- DivX® Home Theater Certified
- Digital Picture Zoom
- Fast Scan
- Slow Motion
- Multi-Camera Angle Select
- Multi-Language Select
- Multi-Subtitle Select
- Audio D/A 192 kHz/24 bit
- Dolby® Digital and DTS® Compatible Output
- WMA & MP3 Playback
- 3-D Virtual Surround Sound
- Parental Lock
- New Super Slim (40mm) chassis with a high gloss black acrylic panel with attractive silver accents
- Front LED Display
S* creen Saver
- Tray Lock
- ColorStream Pro® Component Video Output
- RCA Video (1)
- L-R Audio (1)
- Coaxial/TosLink® Optical Out (1)