Wrapping Things Up
Time now for another episode of “Cooking Through The Pain” with your host, Stacy McGillicuddy.
Hey, everyone. Sorry if I seem pretty down for my big Super Summer Fun Time Grilling Party episode. This was going to be a really great episode, too, one where we forget about all those stupid men that have broken our hearts and get back to basics with our best girlfriends by cooking up some fantastic food with our 24 pack of TrueFire Gourmet Cedar Wraps and some frozen margaritas by the pool. Well, when the host’s own best friend Heather, excuse me, EX-BEST FRIEND HEATHER sends you an email cancelling on you, possibly because she’s too much of a coward to use a phone to tell you she isn’t coming because she’s met some “great guy” who just happens to be one of your ex-boyfriends, you get a “Don’t Have To Be Happy” pass. It’s a cooking show rule. Ask Rachel Ray if you don’t believe me.
But it’s going to be okay. We don’t need her to have a great show, do we? WE DON’T NEED ANYBODY. All we need are these TrueFire Gourmet Cedar Wraps and our favorite veggies and meats that we bought back when we thought being “sisters” since third grade meant something. With these wraps, all you have to do is soak them in water for about 20 minutes, then roll them around your food to make your food moist, succulent, and bursting with cedar aroma and flavor. They’re perfect for steaming and baking, as well. And they make quite a nice gourmet presentation, too, if, of course, you don’t find yourself so utterly alone in a world that is nothing but darkness and betrayal to care about that sort of thing. Say, maybe we can wrap up that “Best Friends” bracelet Heather gave me for Christmas last year and replace all the meaning it once had with an infusion of cedar flavor! Otherwise, it’s nothing but a useless hunk of scrap metal and broken promises now, right?! RIGHT?!
First things first, though. We’ve got to get this charcoal grill started. Remember, you’ll want to add a few pieces of newspaper to your charcoal pyramid to really help get things going. In a pinch, feel free to use the scrapbook pages you and your ex-best friend were putting together! After all, nothing lights a fire like the grim realization that putting your trust in others only leads to suffering!
- 6” x 6” wraps are 100% natural cedar
- Infuses food with cedar flavor
- Food emerges moist and succulent
- Ideal for baking, steaming or grilling
- Great gourmet presentation
- Soak cedar wraps in water for 20 minutes
- Roll food in the cedar and secure (a scallion makes a great tie, or simply set wrap flap-side down)
- Steam, bake or grill until food is cooked
- Do not place on heating elements, flames or coals
- For oven use: place prepared wraps on a cookie sheet; oven temperature should not exceed 400 degrees
- For grill use: place on indirect heat; do not leave unattended while cooking
- Serve food in wrap for gourmet presentation
- Do not consume cedar wraps
In the box:
- TrueFire 6” x 6” Cedar Wrap 24-Pack
- Instruction Sheets (Recipes Included)