cerisier

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cerisier

Totally in for one, this works out well since my old Bissell vacuum just died.

glexpress

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glexpress

In for 1.
I really need a vacuum, this Dyson was the whole reason I woot. Now that I have one I can get other useless things

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“I think there were a lot of people out there who were upset with me for one reason or another.” - Kwame Kilpatrick

"Why was Gary Brown fired. It will be asked, I need short, powerful answer I just need a good answer,"- Kwame Kilpatrick text message

mikey d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikey d

OWn a DC07 with 4 dogs and 3 cats and 4 women, it handles it all and keeps going! Lasted longer then 4 previous vacuums. though seeing all the dirt fly around inside does mke me feel like a germaphobe! :O

dextermeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dextermeth

Consumer Reports beef with this particular model was that it was putting more particulate into the air vs the rest of the vacuums they tested (some of which were only $150 bagged models). It got "not recommended"

That being said, if you aren't an allergy sufferer, you'll be hard pressed to find a better vacuum than a dyson.

stevestojan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevestojan

My first ever Woot. Been on the site for years, and just never found something that I actually thought I wouldn't get yelled at by the old lady for.... something practical... something that I will actually use to help clean the house... something that really vacuums.

MerkelBadger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MerkelBadger
LoriO wrote:This is a great price and worth every cent. I bought one off of here last year and have never regretted it. It put my Electroluz to shame. I vacuumed with that first and then the Dyson. You would think I had never vacuumed my house from the amount of carp the Dyson picked up that the other left behind.

If you have pets you can not go wrong, I have 2 dogs and 2 cats and a horse (no the horse is not in the house but lots of barn dirt gets tracked in!) and the Dyson is the only thing I have found that is able to keep up with all the hair and dirt.

On the blog it said: "the amount of carp the Dyson picked up"
Do you have fish living in your house?

jimgolf

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jimgolf
digitalmonkeyman wrote:When I bought my new carpeting, the salesman told me that a Dyson will void the warranty, because it beats the crud out of the carpet, which is why it picks up so much dirt. You might want to check into that before buying.

grimor wrote:what was the brand of carpet?

digitalmonkeyman wrote:Shaw

The Dyson salesman told me that Shaw carpets void the warranty on their vacuums.

Winkin1983

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Winkin1983
cerberus314 wrote:We have two Siberians Huskies and two cats so my house is a veritable fur farm LOL...

My mom also has a DC07 and she swears by it so im in for one!

You made the right choice.

I have 2 Siberian Huskies as well. I bought the DC17 Animal about 3 months ago (retail $550 from Bed, Bath & Beyond - used the 20%-off coupon that you get in the mail every couple weeks. Total = $440 pre-tax).

Worth every penny. This thing will pick up every last hair from your Huskies. Right now mine are starting to blow their winter coat. Not a problem at all with using my Dyson. You'll have to empty the bin pretty frequently, at least once per average-size room (especially the first time you go over your house with it), but that's clearly better than leaving all that fur on your carpets.

incstlouis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages incstlouis
klynn99 wrote:Just wondering... Does this have to be assembled?

Not only do you have to assemble it, you have to vacuum yourself too. If it came with a French maid in a tight little outfit, I would be in for 3.

majorshopper

quality posts: 4 Private Messages majorshopper

For anyone who has purchased a refurbished Dyson from Woot before, what kind of condition was it in? Was it scratched up, dirty, marked respiffied, etc.? Thanks!!

hrbud

quality posts: 8 Private Messages hrbud

i have a dyson dc07 and eureka boss. the eureka vacuums better, but is more sluggish to move around. while the dyson is a great bagless vacuum, i don't think it lives up to all the hype and i definitely would NOT have paid $400-500 for it. however, i do vacuum more with the dyson just because its fun to see the dust spinning...

hrbud

majorshopper wrote:For anyone who has purchased a refurbished Dyson from Woot before, what kind of condition was it in? Was it scratched up, dirty, marked respiffied, etc.? Thanks!!

i bought the refurbished dc07 before, and it looks like new to me. i don't see any scuff marks or any kind of indication that it was used before. even the manuals seem like they've never been read. I wouldn't mind buying a respiffied dyson again if i have another house.

carsc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carsc
majorshopper wrote:For anyone who has purchased a refurbished Dyson from Woot before, what kind of condition was it in? Was it scratched up, dirty, marked respiffied, etc.? Thanks!!

I bought the DC07 when it came up in January. I was apprehensive about buying a respiffied, but when I received it, it was in perfect brand new condition. No scratches, not dirty, looked like it had never been used. It has performed wonderfully and i'm so glad I bought it. I would recommend it to anyone. I believe the only assembly was putting the handle on, which took all of 30 seconds.

marcusclarkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marcusclarkus

Dyson vs. Oreck

Check out this comparison before you buy, I'd don't own either:

http://www.oreck.com/upright-vacuum-cleaners/oreckxlultra_vs_bagless.cfm?keycode=DL815

Winkin1983

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Winkin1983
marcusclarkus wrote:Dyson vs. Oreck

http://www.oreck.com/upright-vacuum-cleaners/oreckxlultra_vs_bagless.cfm?keycode=DL815

Seriously? Using www.oreck.com for a comparison...

Wow.

hotslaw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hotslaw

I have a refurbished DC14 and can't say enough good things about it. 2 years later works as good as new. 2 large dogs & two cats means someone is using this machine at least once a day. I was leery about buying a bagless cleaner initially and if you empty this thing inside you will get a little dust in the air. I just empty it on the back porch.

Bucr8zy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bucr8zy

We had a Rainbow, sold it at our next yard sale after using the Dyson. We have been using one for about 6 years now and it is still running strong. I am thinking of buying another, just because it is so cheap here.

Mhuntoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mhuntoon

Why all the different Dyson models? I can't tell the difference! Is the DC14 better than a DC07 or a DC11? THey have so many different models it gets confusing as to which one is the best!!!

orlbnlfan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orlbnlfan

I got mine last year off woot and I think it does a great job on tile. I had carpet when I purchased it , but now I have tile throughout except the bedrooms. Just set it to the floor setting and watch it suck up everything. Soo much easier than sweeping.

decaman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages decaman

I don't get it? Is there something wrong with Behr?

coencide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coencide
Mhuntoon wrote:Why all the different Dyson models? I can't tell the difference! Is the DC14 better than a DC07 or a DC11? THey have so many different models it gets confusing as to which one is the best!!!

The only difference between one model and another is the accessories that come with it. You choose which one to buy based on your personal needs. That said, buy a Dyson! They are the best. I bought mine in June '07 from Woot! and it came looking like brand new (and it was white, so you'd see any marks on it immediately)Probably the best deal I've gotten on Woot! so far.

Alwoot1197

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alwoot1197

All vacuum machines run at a maximum of 15 amps. Any Vacuum that expends 15 amps will do about the same. 12 amps for vacuum and 3 amps for the brush. The way to buy these things is to get the cheapest 15 amp machine. I got a new Sears 5 years ago that runs great and gets up loads of dirt in the bag and was cheaper than this.

kpk021

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kpk021
marcusclarkus wrote:Dyson vs. Oreck

Funny.. that comparison doesn't actually cover the first thing that came to my mind: How well does it actually clean. I don't know which is better for that, but I do know that overall cleaning ability is where Dyson has lost out to other cheaper competition in reviews in the past. I can't speak for current models though nor have I been in any position to directly compare.

This site has a summary sheet of the various Dyson vac features:

http://www.cyclonicvacuum.com/dyson_compare.asp

dcarhart

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dcarhart
ionfone wrote:Here's an old article that got me scared of Dysons, which actually talks about the DC14. Later testing with friends of mine proved that pretty much most Dysons, excluding the Animal (ball or no ball the Animal is *much* better than older Dysons after trying it out at a friend's), are decent vacs but cost way too much compared to others that can and do perform better. Talking to a few hair stylists in the area further proved the point. Although it is a very fancy looking vacuum, I can't really advise getting it unless you don't mind paying the extra 80-100 bucks for it (with the woot price in consideration). Look up Maytag and Kenmore vacs. They cost less and many of them are also bagless with a cleanable, reusable HEPA filter. I wish I could scan and post a copy of the consumer reports findings and articles regarding vacs, Dyson or not. It's pretty neat to see what they do to test all these things. I believe the most recent article even talked about 'staying power'.

The only Dyson really worth its price is the Animal DC07 (and ball) IMHO.

I have had top of the line Kenmore, maytag and hoover vacs. the respiffied dyson is way better. here is an example.

I use to have an orange tabby, she died about 2 years ago, but I still have 3 dogs and 2 other cats. When I bought my respiffied dyson from woot, the orange cat had been gone for over a year, and the floor had been vacuumed many times with a kenmore elite canister and a Hoover windtunnel bagless upright. first time over the carpet in the cat room with the dyson and it was full of orange hair. (along with black and white hair from the other 2 cats).

I will not buy another vacuume. Dyson forever for me, and cant beat the woot price.

kellikitti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellikitti

I saw it said "lifetime HEPA" does that mean you send in a card, and Dyson sends you a new filter every month, or is there a filter you pull out and wash?

I've been traumatized by another vac I have with a rinseable HEPA that never works as well after the first time you use it, wash it, and reuse it.

sandieburns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandieburns

Mine is great! I suppose it just depends on the one they send you. I love mine

sandieburns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandieburns

I loved mine. I think it depends on the one they ship you

bohica59

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bohica59
dcarhart wrote:I have had top of the line Kenmore, maytag and hoover vacs. the respiffied dyson is way better. here is an example.

I use to have an orange tabby, she died about 2 years ago, but I still have 3 dogs and 2 other cats. When I bought my respiffied dyson from woot, the orange cat had been gone for over a year, and the floor had been vacuumed many times with a kenmore elite canister and a Hoover windtunnel bagless upright. first time over the carpet in the cat room with the dyson and it was full of orange hair. (along with black and white hair from the other 2 cats).

I will not buy another vacuume. Dyson forever for me, and cant beat the woot price.

sorry to hear about your tabby, but is it possible your husband is cheating on you with an all female punk rock band? would explain the orange hair and is more plausible then the vacuum story.

tdibert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdibert

Bought the ball version a while back -- totally awesome - mine did not require assembly. Only gripe I have is when using the hand tools the wand thing is a pain sometimes. Otherwise beats the carp out of my 1500 dollar one my ex was stupid enough to buy. I have a dog and am remodling my house - so I use it A LOT - never given me any trouble. It wasn't beat up either which I had feared may be the case with a respiffied.

faust921

quality posts: 0 Private Messages faust921
texcc wrote:This made me laugh. Voids the warranty hah!

Seriously - how many times have you had wall to wall carpeting replaced under warranty? Some carpet salesman - " For just $200 I will sell you suckers , eh friends a insurance policy on this carpet"

babes02ok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages babes02ok

been w8in for one of these since it got sold out last month... sighhhh it's a dream come true for me... tnx woot.... =)

elynnjean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elynnjean

I want to make sure it really comes with all the shown attachments. Except for the mini turbine head and the "on board storage", the feature section doesn't name the other attachments. Does anyone know for sure what attachments are included???
Also, the features section says it has "Auto-Adjusting Height – Adjusts automatically to your floor type", but the reviews I read contradict that statement. ???

I used to better than everyone else; now I'm just purple.

digitalmonkeyman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages digitalmonkeyman
cmakanui wrote:I bought one and am really excited and confident about my purchase. Dyson came to my engineering orientation class as a guest speaker. You can tell he really believes in his product and is always trying to improve it.

What a great idea but for those of you with BERER or SHAW carpet you may want to read this review before purchasing it. I don't know if this is true but I imgine it is.

http://www.epinions.com/content_210703978116
I just bought the Dyson DC14 Low Reach to be used on both hardwood floors and my new carpet. The first use on my brand new carpet produced a horrible noise. I called Dyson the very moment I hard the noise and not once did they warn me not to use it on my new wall to wall. They walk me through a procedure of turning the vacuum on it's back and side and after a few tries the vacuum stopped making the noise. The next day I notice a fuzzy spot on my brand new carpet. I contacted both the carpet maker and Dyson. Guess what? You can not use the carpet setting to vacuum your nylon Berber wall to wall carpet without voiding the warranty on the carpet per Dyson but per Shaw you can not use a Dyson at all. Also, I got a nice little form letter from Dyson stating Berber carpet manufacturers consider their carpets to be delicate and instruct for a suction only vacuum to be used on their carpets. Therefore, we cannot take responsibility for the damage to your carpeting. Well if you read the shaw carpet information for taking care of their carpet it says to use a beater brush with good suction but if you call them they do say it voids the warranty on their product as well. So people don't buy this if you have a Berber carpet. Also, for the record I did read the entire manual before I used this product(I always read every product manual before use). It does states use machine on Bare Floor mode on fine or delicate carpets. But it also says on the very same page to use carpet setting so brushbar turns when vacuuming carpets. Wow! Who knew plain nylon wall to wall Berber carpet was so delicate? Not me and both are going back because I am still within my money back guarantee period.

At least I'm not the only one who has heard this.

No more WOOT! for me! This new site makes my eyes bleed.

computech1999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages computech1999

I have one of these that I have had for 4 years now. It is the best appliance I have ever owned. It's easy to clean, picks up all the pet hair, and can clean on both carpeted and bare floors. If you are on the fence, get it. I paid $499 and still feel I got a good deal.

Larry Atkins

hrbud

I think if your cat or dog's hair warrants a $400 vacuum, it's time to get a gold fish.

donmarvin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donmarvin

This vacuum is listed on eBay for $239 but probably the shipping would cost more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dyson-DC14-All-Floor-Upright-Vacuum-FACTORY-REFURBISHED_W0QQitemZ250236260926QQcmdZViewItem

TURNERO

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TURNERO
digitalmonkeyman wrote:When I bought my new carpeting, the salesman told me that a Dyson will void the warranty, because it beats the crud out of the carpet, which is why it picks up so much dirt. You might want to check into that before buying.

That's BS, ours barely touches the carpet. If anything I find the brushes to be a bit high and I wish they'd beat the carpet a bit more. Apart from that I love it, if you are in any doubt, find one you can borrow. Vacuum using your normal vacuum and then try the Dyson, you'll be amazed how much more it gets out.

royalg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages royalg

i can't say if dyson is a good vacum. however, i can say that i stopped listening to consumer reports along time ago.

ruftrk1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruftrk1

This is the BEST!!! I got 2 of them in the last year....

TURNERO

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TURNERO
digitalmonkeyman wrote:Shaw

This isn't an issue with the Dyson though it's an issue with the type of carpet. It sounds like it'd be a problem with any vacuum with a brush.