matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

TinFoil

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TinFoil

Dear Wootcast,

Check out "West Virginia Greg" for the natural follow up to "Raiders of the Lost Ark". You can torrent "West Virginia Greg" from several sites and I've had personal contact with its' creator assuring me this is an ok practice with his wonderful 25 minute feature.

I was able to find a teaser trailer for "West Virginia Greg" on YouTube located here: West Virginia Greg

Fair warning, this clip has been rated PG-13, but I highly recommend children under the age of 13 to watch it. I mean, heck, your folks aren't around to see you reading this post, so go ahead, check it out, they'll never know!

Itzabitz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Itzabitz

Wow. That was a long wootcast. I agree completely, but that was really long.

kerneltrap

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kerneltrap

I was really looking forward to this installment of "Listener Mailbag". I really enjoyed the last "Listener Mailbag" a lot, It was witty, had pizazz, everything you would expect from the "Listener Mailbag" podcast.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I feel really let down by this new one, in fact, I'm downright offended by it. Sure, they kept the snappy piano background, and it kind of had that "Listener Mailbag" feel to it, but I was expecting so much more this time around. It was a bit too wordy, it dragged ON AND ON AND ON, and what was the whole point of it? With the popularity and success of the Woot podcast growing so large, perhaps it's affecting the creative juice that once made the "Listener Mailbag" so great. I can only hope the Woot podcast team can turn this ship around, and take the "Listener Podcast" back to its roots of greatness.

sreich26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sreich26

Totally pointless ...

Thank you

shugoac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shugoac

"I just wanted to let everyone know that I feel really let down by this new one, in fact, I'm downright offended by it."

.... Really? I mean... really really?? You're offended when he digresses from his usual short snappy witty style and... heaven help us... has something to say?

*eyeroll*

I actually was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the podcast entirely. Nostalgia clouds our judgement on alot of things in our childhood, and it's pretty irrational to get all hot and bothered when someone goes and makes a new adaptation of it today. Personally i think everyone who was crying and moaning about how X movie (Star Wars, Transformers, LoTR, X men, etc etc etc etc) defiled their memories should take one giant step backwards and have a schoosh bit of objectivity.

Thank you Matthew, you're podcast renewed my faith in humanity. Glad to know i'm not the only sane geek/nerd/whatever left these days.

bFusion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bFusion

This long rant is well-deserved. I re-watched the old Star Wars movies a while back and I was unimpressed. I remember watching them when I was younger and it's simply not the same. My youthful mind has turned cynical and jaded with age.

I write music you may enjoy. --> http://www.abstractionmusic.com <-- Download the album for free.

binger12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages binger12

What gives....I just checked another purchase from woot.......NOT working .....Think it's time I reevaluate buying from woot....5th thing that did not work

amisheskimoninja

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amisheskimoninja
binger12 wrote:What gives....I just checked another purchase from woot.......NOT working .....Think it's time I reevaluate buying from woot....5th thing that did not work

But the podcast is free! :P

2pugdogs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2pugdogs

I completely agree, it was really too long

kerneltrap

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kerneltrap
shugoac wrote:"I just wanted to let everyone know that I feel really let down by this new one, in fact, I'm downright offended by it."

.... Really? I mean... really really?? You're offended when he digresses from his usual short snappy witty style and... heaven help us... has something to say?

*eyeroll*

I actually was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the podcast entirely. Nostalgia clouds our judgement on alot of things in our childhood, and it's pretty irrational to get all hot and bothered when someone goes and makes a new adaptation of it today. Personally i think everyone who was crying and moaning about how X movie (Star Wars, Transformers, LoTR, X men, etc etc etc etc) defiled their memories should take one giant step backwards and have a schoosh bit of objectivity.

Thank you Matthew, you're podcast renewed my faith in humanity. Glad to know i'm not the only sane geek/nerd/whatever left these days.

You know, after your review I went back and listened to today's podcast another 7 or 8 times. While after the first listen, I didn't care for it all that much. It started to get really good after listen number 5.

The caller from San Diego at first really annoyed me. I thought he was added for the children of the podcast audience, and not for the hardcore "Listener Mailbag" followers. But, then I realized that his pluckiness added a whole new dimension to the plot, not to mention the unsolved mystery around his feelings. That's intriguing stuff, and I don't know how I missed it through listen numbers 1-4.

The podcast did mention Transformers, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Star Wars. Those cameo appearances did add something that should be commended.

I just want to go on record as saying this is one of my favorite "Listening Mailbag" podcasts thus far. Two thumbs up!

ForceEight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ForceEight

I couldn't agree more. And, as we must remember, these movies will eventually be the nostalgic memories of today's young generation. Few movies are "great"; they take a lot of work and a lot of cooperation by a lot of people! However, they will still be the movies that kids these days will remember. So let's not get so hot and bothered by them and, instead, let someone else enjoy the things we used to!

Excellent podcast, Matthew.

altheaj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages altheaj
amisheskimoninja wrote:But the podcast is free! :P

I have learned that when a item says refurbished it might as well say don't buy if you want it to last.

Althea M. Jones

Sassafras419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sassafras419

i've left shorter drunk voice mails than woots podcast today........

Sassafras419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sassafras419

i've left shorter drunk voice mails than woots podcast today........

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew
mindeezy85 wrote:i've left shorter drunk voice mails than woots podcast today........

Leave one in our "Listener Mailbag!"

TinFoil

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TinFoil
matthew wrote:Leave one in our "Listener Mailbag!"

I give you gold, literal gold, with West Virginia Greg and you would rather listen to the ramblings of a drunkard? Why not a "Posters Forum Grab" instead of a "Listener Mailbag"?