+ Add a Comment

JBrach820

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JBrach820

Just got mine this morning. Actually it's a day before the expected delivery date (I was shocked). Installation was a snap, and the cam and program it comes with work well (and it works just fine with Skype).
Only problem I've noticed is the aforementioned blown pixels in the image (5 or 6 little red and green buggers). I'd open the other one to test it out, but I'm giving it to my parents as a gift. It's nothing major, it just annoys the OCD part of me. REALLY wish that the company hadn't vanished from the face of the earth so I could go to the website.

susie-s

quality posts: 5 Private Messages susie-s

Hooray - mine came today too. I just installed the cd software, and plugged it in... at first it said, this device has malfunctioned, then I moved it around, it works!
I made a test movie w/ windows movie maker. Also, tested it going to My Computer, right-click on the Hue WebCam icon, when it opens, there I am! I can't tell if there's bad pixels or whatever cuz my office has bad lighting. Soon as my son gets home, we're going to video on AIM.
So far I'm liking it! It's RED.

Category Five
*edited: broken link/img*

sondosia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sondosia

Yeah, so...Amazon DEFINITELY said this works with linux, and I haven't found any indication of that...I tried to run the installation under Wine and it said that everything was installed perfectly, but when I opened amcap it didn't show anything.

I'm feeling really cheated here, because that was a $40 I spent for NOTHING...

Can anyone please help??

peretti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peretti

Got mine today. Fedex says it's still in Carrollton.

katpanda322

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katpanda322
peretti wrote:Got mine today. Fedex says it's still in Carrollton.

i hope mine gets delivered today, fedex says the same for me too ...

adamstump1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamstump1

Hey....I got 2 pinks...anybody get black, blue, green, red or white??? and want to trade me???

Uraha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uraha

This shipping tracker is trash.... I cannot believe that it still has not left Texas. I live in California! It should be here by now!! :{

iSynic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iSynic

Seems totally worthless on Mac OS X (10.5.5). Sure, you can plug it in, and sure it comes with a program that shows you what the camera is capturing. But it's not compatible with any Mac programs that use video conferencing (including Google Video Chat).

soapboxdevil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soapboxdevil

Got mine today and no matter how many times I try it gets frozen on the Driver Software Installation. I install the drivers, but when I plug it in it lags on installing the camera. Base drivers install fine. I'm going to give it some time and try a couple of other things, but I really wish the company were still around for maybe some new drivers online or troubleshooting tips or something. So far pretty unhappy. I'd hate to think I got some bum stuff.

jsevinsk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jsevinsk

So, are there any video chat programs that will actually use this thing in the higher def modes?

soapboxdevil

OK...it's installed and working on my XP desktop, and my wife's Vista laptop, but neither camera is installing on MY Vista laptop. Argh. At least the wife's all set up now. Have zero idea why I'm having so much trouble on the other lappy. Oh well.

plugh001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plugh001

I received my cameras (in Kansas) on Wednesday, the 19th, a day ahead of the estimated delivery date. One is installed on Vista and the other on Leopard, and both are working just fine. My fourth entirely successful Woot!

ryang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryang

Sigh...
Anyone get these to work in Vista 64 bit?

campolady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages campolady
Uraha wrote:This shipping tracker is trash.... I cannot believe that it still has not left Texas. I live in California! It should be here by now!! :{

yeah, i ordered what the 13th, i still havent gotten mine and the tracker still says texas. i have gotten things i ordered after that already though.. im getting mad! how come you all have yours and we dont?

ArizonaCarolyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ArizonaCarolyn
Bdreams wrote:Has anyone else had problems intalling either/both the CD Drivers or the one linked here? I'm running on WinXP. The install file runs, and then when it says to plug in the camera, and I do, the windows "new hardware found" pops up and says there are no drivers installed for the product (when I try to run the AMCap program it proves that it isn't working). Anyway, if I use windows to find imaging device drivers, I can install that fine but then I don't get any audio :-( If I try to install via Sound, Video, Game Controllers it doesn't work. It did tell me that the audio driver is Sonix, but considering the number of drivers they have, that doesn't help me.

Anyone had this problem and found a solution? I really want to get this figured out, since I also bought one as a gift for my mother!

Thanks

I'm having the same problem with no audio. When I make a test call to Skypes I can hear them but my test audio is just static. I have gone through the entire Skypes Sound and Audio Set-up and still my test audio doesn't work. Will getting a set of headphones with mic fix this problem?

jamina1

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jamina1
ArizonaCarolyn wrote:I'm having the same problem with no audio. When I make a test call to Skypes I can hear them but my test audio is just static. I have gone through the entire Skypes Sound and Audio Set-up and still my test audio doesn't work. Will getting a set of headphones with mic fix this problem?

Most likely, so long as you tell it that your audio input is no longer the camera, but is the headset instead.

FINALLY GOT A Bucket of Candycorn ON 9/22/10!

WiscCully

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WiscCully

Am I ever going to get these? According to the tracker, mine has been sitting in Carlton, TX for the last 8 days.

What's the deal?

Bdreams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bdreams

In reply to the problem I posted, I installed on my desktop and it worked just fine, so it appears to be more a problem with my laptop and not the camera's hardware or software. My computer just isn't installing the drivers or even recognizing that the CD includes drivers. Stupid computer. I'm going to have a genius friend try and figure it out tonite so I don't have to completely try reinstalling Windows or reformatting. I can't wait until it works! Good luck, everyone else!

scaye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scaye

Installed on Vista Ultimate 32-bit.

Very nice picture for a webcam.

Mic works as well, but of course is just ok.

Face tracking is pretty cool.

Can't believe I got 2. TWO. llo

Casey Epic Sanchez

alero168

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alero168
DMBpride wrote:You can grab the most recent (and greatly improved) PC drivers from the sendspace link below. The MAC drivers that are on the disc are the most recent. Hope this helps! Please re-upload/share if link expires.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pio1yo

edit - PS: If you've already installed the drivers from the included disc, it's best to uninstall them before installing the updated one!

what's the difference betw the drivers on the CD and this one?

scaye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scaye

http://www.sonix.com.tw/sonix/family.do?f=3#PC-CAM%20Controller

The company that made the chip for the video/audio.

It could only be one of the files with mac support and audio video capabilities.

Also one of the video only drivers may work for you, i'm sure most people have a better mic sitting around anyway. Good Luck! Look for 1.3 CMOS too!

Casey Epic Sanchez

awaschka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awaschka
ArizonaCarolyn wrote:I'm having the same problem with no audio. When I make a test call to Skypes I can hear them but my test audio is just static. I have gone through the entire Skypes Sound and Audio Set-up and still my test audio doesn't work. Will getting a set of headphones with mic fix this problem?

You have to go into the Hue webcam app and turn the sound on.

scarr105

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scarr105

Got mine today, tracking still has it in Texas. Install was short and easy, just installed from the disk, ran there software and was able to see myself. Haven't tested video chat or audio but will be doing that tonight after work. Picture looks great and I didn't see any burnt out or dimmed out pixels on my camera.

lcompton

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lcompton
scaye wrote:Installed on Vista Ultimate 32-bit.

Very nice picture for a webcam.

Mic works as well, but of course is just ok.

Face tracking is pretty cool.

Can't believe I got 2. TWO. llo

Hi, scaye.

How did you get the face tracking to function? I didn't see that option anywhere.

Thank you.

Lisa :-)

EDIT: Never mind. I found the settings in the AMCap application. Duh!

Thank you.

Lisa

StormRiider

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StormRiider

I'm in CA, and I'm still waiting and waiting

Tracking says it's in Texas still.

Hmm.

garyoverton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garyoverton

Got mine and can't get it to work on a MAC. Anyone have any suggestions? I am relatively new to MAC so I may be doing something wrong

seanrall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seanrall
StormRiider wrote:I'm in CA, and I'm still waiting and waiting

Tracking says it's in Texas still.

Hmm.

same here but tracking says its at my local USPS but when i call to confirm with my local USPS they say its not there and have no record of my tracking number so hmmmmm what the hell woot what the hell. and yes in in CA

cedar1079

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cedar1079

SO, what's the best way (site or program) to use these cameras over the internet so you can have a live 2-way conversation?

So far I am using MSN Messenger.

hawkeye177

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hawkeye177

Since your order appears to have been lost, we have issued a refund back to you while we attempt to locate your package. We are currently out of the item that you ordered. Your refund may take 5-7 business days to post to your account, depending on your financial institution. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thanks for Wooting!
JR
Member Services
Woot.com

GRRRRRRRRR

thecolor11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecolor11

Got this thing working in Linux following the information from here:

http://groups.google.com/group/microdia/web/testing-microdia-driver-draft

soapboxdevil

Bdreams wrote:Has anyone else had problems intalling either/both the CD Drivers or the one linked here? I'm running on WinXP. The install file runs, and then when it says to plug in the camera, and I do, the windows "new hardware found" pops up and says there are no drivers installed for the product (when I try to run the AMCap program it proves that it isn't working). Anyway, if I use windows to find imaging device drivers, I can install that fine but then I don't get any audio :-( If I try to install via Sound, Video, Game Controllers it doesn't work. It did tell me that the audio driver is Sonix, but considering the number of drivers they have, that doesn't help me.

Anyone had this problem and found a solution? I really want to get this figured out, since I also bought one as a gift for my mother!

Thanks

I'm having the EXACT same problem with a Vista laptop. The oddball thing about it is that it installed perfectly on the wife's laptop, which is the exact same model. Not sure at all what the problem is, but with no company to go to for support any longer I doubt I'll be getting it working at all. Have to shrug it off I suppose.

minotdankster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages minotdankster
JBrach820 wrote:Just got mine this morning. Actually it's a day before the expected delivery date (I was shocked). Installation was a snap, and the cam and program it comes with work well (and it works just fine with Skype).
Only problem I've noticed is the aforementioned blown pixels in the image (5 or 6 little red and green buggers). I'd open the other one to test it out, but I'm giving it to my parents as a gift. It's nothing major, it just annoys the OCD part of me. REALLY wish that the company hadn't vanished from the face of the earth so I could go to the website.

they have a website check the blogs here someboby listed it.

Sheeeeeit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sheeeeeit

Hey ya'll. I installed the driver on my Macbook and when I click on Webcam Monitor it uses the built in camera. Any ideas how I override this to use the Hue cam? Be gentle, I am extremely green at this. Thanks.

Pugovitz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pugovitz
soapboxdevil wrote:I'm having the EXACT same problem with a Vista laptop. The oddball thing about it is that it installed perfectly on the wife's laptop, which is the exact same model. Not sure at all what the problem is, but with no company to go to for support any longer I doubt I'll be getting it working at all. Have to shrug it off I suppose.

I know it sounds stupid, but if you have the cam plugged into its base, make sure it's connected well, or try plugging it directly into your computer. I was have the same problem; I just unplugged and replugged it into the base and it was fixed.

Jenna9797

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jenna9797

Hi there, this is my first webcam and it installed and I get the AMCAP window showing what the webcam is seeing but I cannot get it to work on any program on the internet. All of ya'll who have posted that your install went fine, did you use it on the internet yet?

Is there a switch or button or something that I have to use to get it to send the information across the web??? The "leaflet" users guide didn't say.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jenna

bigjohn756

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigjohn756
Pugovitz wrote:I know it sounds stupid, but if you have the cam plugged into its base, make sure it's connected well, or try plugging it directly into your computer. I was have the same problem; I just unplugged and replugged it into the base and it was fixed.

I hve a similar problem except the base on my unit will not work at all. I tried it on three computers each running a different operating system with the same result. I'm not sure how something as simple as this could be screwed up, but, it is. I haven't tried the other cam yet.

bigjohn756

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigjohn756
thecolor11 wrote:Got this thing working in Linux following the information from here:

http://groups.google.com/group/microdia/web/testing-microdia-driver-draft

I found the same link, followed the instructions and everything worked great. Now, I am about to embark on a search for a video control panel which will work as well as the Windows one does. Anyone seen something like this?

beegle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages beegle

I picked up my webcams at the post office today.

There was no mention of Mac compatibility on the box, and like everyone else, I was unable to get to the web site to download new drivers.

I decided to open the box and check the CD before complaining. Sure enough, there are Mac drivers on the CD. I only tested with OS X 10.4 PPC, but it worked in Skype without problems.

Like others have said, by default, iChat only works with the iSight Firwire camera. You can get iUSBCam (formerly iChatUSBCam) for $10 if you need iChat compatibility. I have it. It works. You can try it first with a demo version that puts a big logo across the screen, but it's good enough for testing compatibility.

lcompton

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lcompton
Jenna9797 wrote:Hi there, this is my first webcam and it installed and I get the AMCAP window showing what the webcam is seeing but I cannot get it to work on any program on the internet. All of ya'll who have posted that your install went fine, did you use it on the internet yet?

Is there a switch or button or something that I have to use to get it to send the information across the web??? The "leaflet" users guide didn't say.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jenna

Hi, Jenna.

I have successfully tested my HueHD using TrillianPro as my client instant messaging software over Yahoo. TrillianPro doesn't support video over ICQ or MSN, so I am unable to test those networks.

If my HueHD camera functioned over Yahoo with TrillianPro, then it should certainly function satisfactorily over Yahoo with Yahoo Instant Messenger.

Good luck!

Thank you.

Lisa :-)

Thank you.

Lisa

jennaba423

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jennaba423

YAY MINE WORKS!!!!!

i had to plug it in to the back of the computer, not the front...otherwise it wouldn't recognize it. my first woot, and my first webcam!!

i got 2 black ones...kinda wish i'd gotten pink or some other color. anybody wanna trade my other black for one of your colored ones???