2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous

How does the quality output of the compare to other transmitters?

ICEMAN564788

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ICEMAN564788

How does it compare to the Microsoft Transmitter for the Zune?

I'm a firefighter and love Wooting!

lcmeng

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lcmeng

Finally, something I can use for my 6-year old car and 3-year old Zune. Revive!

heydabop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heydabop

"Transmitter Rance: Up to 27 feet (8.2m)"

What's a rance?

crash331

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crash331

Does it work with the iPhone? If so, I'm in for one. Everywhere I look, these things are $40+

Ob1iterator

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Ob1iterator

I wonder how reliable these are. My friend had something similar and it required constantly changing the frequency.

ywkhgqo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ywkhgqo

it obviously works for the ipod because they have an ipod model listed.

I have the zune one and it works great. Very easy, don't have to worry about batteries since it runs of the cigarette adapter. Sound quality is good.

Woots: Micro Remote Control Helicopter,Kingston 4GB USB 2.0 Data Traveler Thumbdrive - 2 Pack,Zune 80GB Multimedia Player & Home Audio/Video Pack
Philips Prestigo 10 Device Universal Remote Control,Woot-Off Lights with Screaming Monkey,
Random scaffolding

sman666

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sman666

http://www.dlo.com/products

more products by dlo

thericochet

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thericochet

I had a Kensington iPod FM Transmitter/Charger a few years ago that had a trick where you could use 87.9..does anyone know if you can do the same with any of these? I'm in Southern California and 87.9 is the only station where you have any shot in getting a clear signal.

theCan

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theCan

The bandwidth of these FM transmitters is about limited to a low to mid quality MP3 and is no good for Hi-Fi. I would get it if it didnt have this limitation.

lol; w00t

jrs1980

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jrs1980

So, wait, which one is for the 120gig iPod, the 6.1? It's not listed for either compatibility.

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

mdiedrich32

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdiedrich32

i heard that these don't work very well if you live in a large city due to all the interference? True?

turtlegir1

quality posts: 33 Private Messages turtlegir1

Can either of these ipod ones be used not in your car, or do they 100% require the 12V input?

Russell1027

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Russell1027

I am down .. Almost bought one a week ago, I just saved myself $35.

AndrewG2113

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AndrewG2113

This piece of Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966) broke my transmission!

amnewsboy

quality posts: 48 Private Messages amnewsboy
Does it work with the iPhone? If so, I'm in for one. Everywhere I look, these things are $40+

I bought this one last year at a national retail store with a price tag for a logo. It works with the iPhone; the phone will say "it's not recommended", but it works just fine anyway.

mboverload

quality posts: 80 Private Messages mboverload
Ob1iterator wrote:I wonder how reliable these are. My friend had something similar and it required constantly changing the frequency.

These use FM stations and transmits at just enough power for your car radio to pick it up.

If your car picks up a station from who knows where, even briefly, it will interfere. Also, these kind of things are pretty popular. I've driven by other people using them and my radio went to fuzz/messed up.

A MUCH better choice, if you have the coin, is to buy the cheapest car radio with an AUX in port on the front you can find. (so you can plug a 3.5mm audio cable in)

117 woots and counting, since 2007. Don't ban me, bro!

airjesse123

quality posts: 12 Private Messages airjesse123

These things never work for me. I have tried 3 or 4 different models, and none of them gave even a remotely clear signal except when out in the middle of nowhere. You also have to constantly change the station on the transmitter and the radio, so make sure you have a co-pilot. On my new car, I made sure I had an aux input because FM transmitters just don't work.

sparkerjc

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sparkerjc

I've got this for my Zune, and while I wish the signal were a bit stronger, it gets the job done.

cinoclav

quality posts: 220 Private Messages cinoclav

mboverload

quality posts: 80 Private Messages mboverload

@wootstaff
Very funny =D

117 woots and counting, since 2007. Don't ban me, bro!

turtlegir1

quality posts: 33 Private Messages turtlegir1
mdiedrich32 wrote:i heard that these don't work very well if you live in a large city due to all the interference? True?

Yeah, I used to have an FM transmitter (not this brand), and it didn't work at all around the Dallas Metroplex area or around the DC metro area. Probably the same for other cities, most frequencies are taken and these aren't that strong....

But maybe this one is newer and better?

TehCaspia

quality posts: 16 Private Messages TehCaspia
crash331 wrote:Does it work with the iPhone? If so, I'm in for one. Everywhere I look, these things are $40+

Yes. The connection on the iPhone is the same as the iPod touch. In addition, my boyfriend has the 93053B, and I've heard/seen it work just fine with his iPhone.

woot changed my signature...apparently linking my old blog was "advertising"...never thought I'd see anyone give Obama a run for his money on being the nanny state...

jenopy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jenopy

I wanted a phantom mp3 player

ICEMAN564788

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ICEMAN564788

After looking at amazon...
http://www.amazon.com/Lifestyle-Outfitters-DLA57878-17-TransDock/dp/B002BH4QNC

The reviewer is pleased. in for one!

I'm a firefighter and love Wooting!

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

I have a similar one, and it works, although the sound quality isn't great. Still, it's a lot cheaper than buying a new car stereo with a built-in ipod dock.

danian88

quality posts: 5 Private Messages danian88

I would avoid things with proprietary connectors. You never know how much longer your device will last and companies occasionally change the plug. I'd stick with an old-fashioned transmitter or cassette that plugs into the headphone port and then buy a cigarette plug to USB port for the car. That way, no matter what you have, it works. And your friend with a Sansa (hey, that's me!) can play his music in your car on those long car trips when you're tired of listening to the same stuff you listen to every other day.

Thunderpizza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Thunderpizza

fm transmitters are alright, but i would go for a cassette - 3.5mm adapter instead. The quality stays solid and it usually is much cheaper. Even the off brand's sound quality of this type adapter maintains a much higher threshold than some of the higher end fm adapters. The quality is also constant and with (a bit) less static than the fm adapters.

If your car is one of the fancy new ones that dont come with a tape deck, then your outta luck, just get the fm adapter for some extra dollar and that should be fine.

sparkerjc

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sparkerjc
turtlegir1 wrote:

But maybe this one is newer and better?

Actually the older ones are better. The FCC changed the rules a while ago about how strong these can be. I don't when they changed it, but it was several years ago.

todaresq

quality posts: 75 Private Messages todaresq

In case someone decides to ask... the marine version doesn't only work in your yacht. It works fine in your car. Might actually be great to have the marine version, so your super extreme big gulp cup of soda doesn't damage your iPod.

The Splash-resistant FM transmitter & charger with silicone for improved grip & corrosion resistance, and the Action Jacket Splash neoprene case with water-tight zipper and play-through window will save the day any time the sodas may overflow thy cuppage.

zerocrates

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zerocrates

If you're looking for any more specifics, here's the user manual for the Transdock III iPod, from the manufacturer's product page.

Interestingly, the manual claims that the transmitter only supports steps of 0.2MHz, not 0.1 as the woot description claimed. That can end up being important for finding a reasonably clear frequency in busy FM areas.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost
DCno10 wrote:this is the amazon page for the ipod version

The model numbers don't match the picture on the Woot page.

cinoclav

quality posts: 220 Private Messages cinoclav

The manual for the DLA93053B/17.

And the manual for the DLA57878/17.

SaintWacko

quality posts: 15 Private Messages SaintWacko

Do these just have USB ports on them?

Knowledge is power,
Power corrupts,
Study hard, be evil.

Woots:
2X Sandisk Sansa Clip 2gb, April Fool's Boggy Old Creature, Anniversary edition Boggy Old Creature

jkiernan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jkiernan

These are not recommended for the iPhone. It broadcasts that cellular chatter noise over the FM connection.

Here is the DLA93053B/17 product page at DLO: http://www.dlo.com/products/view/transdockIII_plus

If you want a better connection, this version is shielded so the stray noises are eliminated:
http://www.dlo.com/products/view/transdock-micro-iphone

Stryker336

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stryker336

There is no doubt that these have a very weak signal but for simply transmitting from your car these work just fine. This one even has the charger built in which is really nice. If i didnt have one already I would get it!

mkentosh

quality posts: 308 Private Messages mkentosh

Is it Sansa Compatible?