quality posts: 2 Private Messages YFZblu

WHAT.

jcolt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcolt

A monitor monitor?

midknight777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midknight777

Made by (a) Famous Maker
Definitely not made by a generic brand, right?

tthompso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tthompso

It's on again? Woot-tastic

patreezia

quality posts: 5 Private Messages patreezia

the lights stopped flashing. Is the Woot-off all done?

stefflu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stefflu

Thats pretty cheap for a lizard!!!

NightGhost

quality posts: 1908 Private Messages NightGhost
patreezia wrote:the lights stopped flashing. Is the Woot-off all done?

Hit Ctrl-F5

I thought these would be gone before you could say "debranded HP."

Jaleksa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jaleksa

I got the 23" Monitor off Woot a few months ago. So far there are no problems and the picture is great. Replaced my Sony 20" CRT.

DennisG2010

quality posts: 20 Private Messages DennisG2010

Are Buckets of Chum typically a once-per-woot-off kind of thing?

SchmooBro

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SchmooBro

is this a different model so as to be $ 60 cheaper than last offering by the "Famous Maker" ??

Update :: at the least, this lacks the onboard MemCrd reader and the webcam built in for $60 less...

gregkennedy101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregkennedy101

Does anyone have any serious input on this model. I'm in dire need of a replacement for my 15", but refuse to overpay. I don't care about online gaming, if i can hook it up to my microwave, etc. Is it worth 200 bones.

peterfares

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peterfares

Why do they debrand the HPs?

momshopping

quality posts: 0 Private Messages momshopping

Can anyone tell me how you actually connect a monitor to your computer and does it do anything other than being a large monitor?

Thanks

MyDogHasFleas

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MyDogHasFleas
DennisG2010 wrote:Are Buckets of Chum typically a once-per-woot-off kind of thing?

There is no typical with woot. They'll do their best to keep from getting bored.

JustPaulPez

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JustPaulPez
DennisG2010 wrote:Are Buckets of Chum typically a once-per-woot-off kind of thing?

Typically, but this w00t-off seems anything but typical.

I refuse to waste any more time trying to have a better past!

patreezia

quality posts: 5 Private Messages patreezia
NightGhost wrote:Hit Ctrl-F5

I thought these would be gone before you could say "debranded HP."

Thanks! I hit ctrl and F5, and the lights started flashing again. The mystery of it all.

mrman27871

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrman27871

don't think it has audio out.
only has audio in

so if use use this w/ a console w/ hdmi
you stuck w/ the monitor speakers unles you use external splitter of some sort

MyDogHasFleas

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MyDogHasFleas
momshopping wrote:Can anyone tell me how you actually connect a monitor to your computer and does it do anything other than being a large monitor?

Thanks

ummmm.........

what did you have in mind?

Weepski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Weepski

Wasn't this thing on about 3 hours ago?
Must be Woot's recycling program....

icomrade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icomrade
gregkennedy101 wrote:Does anyone have any serious input on this model. I'm in dire need of a replacement for my 15", but refuse to overpay. I don't care about online gaming, if i can hook it up to my microwave, etc. Is it worth 200 bones.

look gere
http://www.computerpartsdirect.us/25-hp-debranded-dvihdmi-1080p-widescreen-lcd-monitor-wspeake-p-13575.html?zenid=6add1ebb41cd5540fd3c2310445966ed

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
patreezia wrote:Thanks! I hit ctrl and F5, and the lights started flashing again. The mystery of it all.

that wont work everyday.

Nothing follows.

bradl3yfr3nch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradl3yfr3nch
patreezia wrote:the lights stopped flashing. Is the Woot-off all done?

No the lights are just not flashing due to laggy connection.

Bradley

dholyfi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dholyfi

I recently purchased one of these previously on woot! It's literally a debranded HP 2509M (the logo on the front was covered but it wiped away real easy and you can read it clear as day), which is $400 new on amazon. No dead pixels, great bargain.

gmorrow70

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmorrow70
peterfares wrote:Why do they debrand the HPs?

cuz they are a sub par refurb and hp does not want phone calls, or the bad rep when they fail...

100% confirmed.

murdockr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages murdockr

This is the 1080p version (16:9) vs. previous (16:10) -- which I prefer in a monitor. Still not bad.

Tarantino

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Tarantino
midknight777 wrote:Made by (a) Famous Maker
Definitely not made by a generic brand, right?

kinda looks like an HP brand on the pic, but.. I have a hunch that there's more than one brand, or they'd have named them, no?

kreegah

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kreegah
momshopping wrote:Can anyone tell me how you actually connect a monitor to your computer and does it do anything other than being a large monitor?

Thanks

Depends on how creative you can get. Doorstop, pastry board, zombie smasher...But as for connecting, just find out which of the cables has ends that looks like it matches one of the ports on your computer, and connect the other end to the matching port on the monitor. Most computers have at least one of the three ports this monitor supports.

momshopping

MyDogHasFleas wrote:ummmm.........

what did you have in mind?

Lots of things, but sometimes you just don't know what they are.

kredal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kredal
murdockr wrote:This is the 1080p version (16:9) vs. previous (16:10) -- which I prefer in a monitor. Still not bad.

This version also doesn't have all the goodies of the last one... web cam, card reader, USB hub, extra hdmi port, etc... It's just a monitor with speakers...

icomrade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icomrade

its only 1080p for a 25 inch monitor wait it out the resolution is way too small for the size plus reviews of the non de-branded say that it has terrible color reproduction(i.e. non color accurate)

momshopping

kreegah wrote:Depends on how creative you can get. Doorstop, pastry board, zombie smasher...But as for connecting, just find out which of the cables has ends that looks like it matches one of the ports on your computer, and connect the other end to the matching port on the monitor. Most computers have at least one of the three ports this monitor supports.

Can you use one of these with a laptop?
Sorry, I just don't understand all the new stuff with computers - what works with what.

thebug99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebug99

Can anyone tell me what happened to the Cleveland ladies golf clubs that were shown when I first logged in today about 15 minutes ago?? I tried to order one and the computer monitor popped up instead. What gives?

larrylewis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larrylewis

i can haz the fear with 90 warranty

hightech20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hightech20

I was contracted by Woot to debrand these LCD's. I was instructed to wrap a rope around the base and pull it face-down behind my car for a round trip of 1.2 miles.

BensonM

quality posts: 18 Private Messages BensonM
Tarantino wrote:kinda looks like an HP brand on the pic, but.. I have a hunch that there's more than one brand, or they'd have named them, no?

Nope, they're debranded HPs. HP won't let them sell them with the logo intact, or use it in advertising. This is either because of the price, because they're refurbished, both, or maybe just to confuse us. (But I'd bet against the latter -- they confuse us quite enough with interrupted and/or closely-spaced woot-offs.)

wooters.us FTW!

Big Ogre Cudgels!
2009 Nov 19
2009 May 15

Orionis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Orionis
thebug99 wrote:Can anyone tell me what happened to the Cleveland ladies golf clubs that were shown when I first logged in today about 15 minutes ago?? I tried to order one and the computer monitor popped up instead. What gives?

That would mean the clubs sold out.

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
thebug99 wrote:Can anyone tell me what happened to the Cleveland ladies golf clubs that were shown when I first logged in today about 15 minutes ago?? I tried to order one and the computer monitor popped up instead. What gives?

Those golf clubs just screamed outta here... you must have just missed them.

Nothing follows.

kreegah

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kreegah
momshopping wrote:Can you use one of these with a laptop?
Sorry, I just don't understand all the new stuff with computers - what works with what.

Generally, yes. Just about all of them have a VGA output, and some have DVI and/or HDMI as well.