ATMA

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ATMA

That photo on the screen is haunting!

socalwoman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages socalwoman

This was delivered to me yesterday. So far, it looks good.

Adding 5/20: Forget what I said. The DVD player doesn't work at all. The best thing I got from this deal was the $5 shipping. It was packed well and shipped promptly. Too bad it won't work.

Seize the Carp!

matthardingu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matthardingu
socalwoman wrote:This was delivered to me yesterday. So far, it looks good.

Adding 5/20: Forget what I said. The DVD player doesn't work at all. The best thing I got from this deal was the $5 shipping. It was packed well and shipped promptly. Too bad it won't work.

Than why hasn't mine shipped yet?

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

matthardingu wrote:Than why hasn't mine shipped yet?

It looks like we're still working on shipping the rest of these TVs out. We typically process and ship out orders within 5 business days, not including the date of the purchase.

We'll provide you with tracking once it is available.

DennisWKam

Staff

socalwoman wrote:This was delivered to me yesterday. So far, it looks good.

Oh no! Sorry for the issues. I don't see any emails from you yet, so we'll send you a note shortly with some options.

matthardingu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matthardingu
DennisWKam wrote:It looks like we're still working on shipping the rest of these TVs out. We typically process and ship out orders within 5 business days, not including the date of the purchase.

We'll provide you with tracking once it is available.

Thanks! The weekend has made me impatient.

tracidawn78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tracidawn78

Wow, I went to high school with the guy on the screen. His name is Michael Madison. Good ol' D'ville Texas. I recognized that photo from a publicity shot from a movie he was involved in. I wonder if he or one of his friends works for Woot?

socalwoman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages socalwoman
DennisWKam wrote:Oh no! Sorry for the issues. I don't see any emails from you yet, so we'll send you a note shortly with some options.

Woot customer service rocks!!

Seize the Carp!

tjohnson42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjohnson42

Mine arrived yesterday. It had no manual or remote control. It also has a broken stand. This is my first bad woot.

fairfieldjeff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fairfieldjeff

A complete piece of junk. Ordered two of them and both were broken. One the screen was actually broken, and the other, looked like the LCD had been sat on and half of it didn't work.

WILL NEVER BUY THEM AGAIN!

MauiTitan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MauiTitan

Mine is also defective. DVD player doesn't work, and it ate my DVD.

john2222

quality posts: 0 Private Messages john2222

dvd player doesn't wokr right on the one I just bought is there a warranty?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

john2222 wrote:dvd player doesn't wokr right on the one I just bought is there a warranty?

Sorry for the problems with the DVD player. This has a 90-day warranty through Woot so please email service@woot.com for assistance.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mckennajp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mckennajp

Upon taking the tv out of the box, there were all kinds of loose screws moving around on the inside. Unit powered up, but DVD player would not let me insert a dvd. There is nobody to talk to for customer service. You are directed to either voice mail or a website. Still haven't heard back for an RMA after using the website. I'm likely going to have to ship this thing back myself at my own cost. Worst woot ever! Not likely to buy anything this expensive from here again!

dykensfam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dykensfam
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problems with the DVD player. This has a 90-day warranty through Woot so please email service@woot.com for assistance.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

My dvd player also would not work!! I sent woot an email hope they figure something out.

yiuneek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yiuneek

Received mine yesterday. No remote, no manual and the screen had two noticeable scratches and a dead/black pixel. i emailed rma@woot.com yesterday and am waiting to hear back. DVD works.

i notice some posts here from customer service saying to email service@woot.com, is that the address i was supposed to use?

mbowman82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbowman82

Add me to the list of not working DVD players. What the heck is RCA thinking? Yeah its a referb, but aren't they supposed to test these things before they ship them out? Hopefully Woot will make it right, email to Woot customer service sent. Sucks cause the picture and the actually watching tv part seems pretty good, just got this broken hunk of dvd player plastic hanging off the back.

sr0210

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sr0210

Got mine yesterday. the TV and the DVD player work so far. I hope that most of the purchasers have better experience than the few who are reporting the broked DVD.

castley2k2002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages castley2k2002

Received mine couple of days ago. I just had set it up & plugged it in and all the buttons on the side of the TV as well as the buttons on the remote control don't function at all.

DVD player will not accept disc at all.

First bad Woot purchase ever! Never buying RCA refurbs especially with all the posts here with issues.

Help Woot Help!

mckennajp

mckennajp wrote:Upon taking the tv out of the box, there were all kinds of loose screws moving around on the inside. Unit powered up, but DVD player would not let me insert a dvd. There is nobody to talk to for customer service. You are directed to either voice mail or a website. Still haven't heard back for an RMA after using the website. I'm likely going to have to ship this thing back myself at my own cost. Worst woot ever! Not likely to buy anything this expensive from here again!

I do have to ship this thing back at my own expense. $42 is what Fedex's website says to ship. for $250 I could have gotten a brand new tv. I hope woot can make this right.

schieff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schieff

Got mine a few days ago and finally set it up. DVD player will not accept discs. Hmmmmmm

GOSU

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GOSU

The tv was dead on arrival. The red light on the front of the set works, but nothing else. I will contact Woot on Tuesday.

mckennajp

Anyone hear back from Woot about this? I emailed service@woot.com last Friday and haven't heard back yet. Not sure how long it usually takes to get a response from service since I never had to reach out to them before.

mdwords

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdwords

I was bummed about not getting one of these until I read the comments. PHEW!! Looks like I dodged a bullet!

mckennajp

mckennajp wrote:Anyone hear back from Woot about this? I emailed service@woot.com last Friday and haven't heard back yet. Not sure how long it usually takes to get a response from service since I never had to reach out to them before.

Still no word from Woot. What the heck?!

DennisWKam

Staff

mckennajp wrote:Still no word from Woot. What the heck?!

Sorry about that. I see that we replied back on 05/25. No worries, we'll send it again.

Hopefully it'll get to you this time!

mckennajp

mckennajp wrote:Still no word from Woot. What the heck?!

Just got a response from Woot right after this post. Woot offered to pay the freight to the refurb factory or offer me a refund. Since I don't have confidence in the refurb place, I am opting for the refund. Thanks Woot! Response was a little slow, but my confidence in you has been restored!

tjohnson42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjohnson42
tjohnson42 wrote:Mine arrived yesterday. It had no manual or remote control. It also has a broken stand. This is my first bad woot.

Woot made things right! I received a new stand and remote. Thanks.

upinhereupinhere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages upinhereupinhere

Just hooked it up. DVD does not work-straight out of box ! Knew it was too good to be true. Ever the optimist. Its a curse really.

khandi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khandi

I bought two of these as gifts. One for my daughter and son-in-law for an anniversary gift, and one for my husband as a father's day gift. My daughter just got hers yesterday and took it out of the box- she said that the screen is cracked. I haven't even taken the other out of the box yet, but will do it next week. What do I need to do to get this replaced?

kkshields

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kkshields
khandi wrote:I bought two of these as gifts. One for my daughter and son-in-law for an anniversary gift, and one for my husband as a father's day gift. My daughter just got hers yesterday and took it out of the box- she said that the screen is cracked. I haven't even taken the other out of the box yet, but will do it next week. What do I need to do to get this replaced?

Yikes. That's no good. I see you've already emailed in. We'll get you taken care of.

vlg11980

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vlg11980

I held on to opening mine as a gift as well. Didn't think to look on here to check out other's experience. The stand was broken and it was the wrong screws included to set up the stand. Then the dvd player doesn't work! I am sooo disappointed! I was so stoked about this new tv. I will send an email about where to proceed from here

jbender7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbender7

Mine had a white line down the front of the screen. WOOT CS sent me to the RMA place & had to pay $40+ to get it shipped back (not to mention the re-packing nightmare). It has been 2 weeks and no word on what the RMA place will do about it. This is no longer a good buy and would not recomend buying anything like this through WOOT to anyone.

derekaltic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages derekaltic

Awesome deal. Too bad the tvs didn't have a qam tuner. But hey for the price I'm fine with it